Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because he's probably the best midfielder I have ever seen. It's not all about goals obviously.

So Pogba is better than Bruno then? Is that what you're saying?
And why is he the best midfielder you have ever seen? Ffs! This is hard!

I don’t care about what the people say, I want to know why YOU personally rate Zidane as a top class midfielder.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You realise the hypocrisy that you are bothered by people confusing this then you jump down people's throats for mentioning players like Zidane and Iniesta and begin accusing them of saying Pogba is in their league? They are doing the exact same thing in using those players to highlight that even some of the best ever attacking midfielders were not regular goalscorers.

NOBODY has said Pogba is as good as Zidane.
These are the same people who tweet he's better than KDB all the time. They are clueless.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And why is he the best midfielder you have ever seen? Ffs! This is hard!

I don’t care about what the people say, I want to know why YOU personally rate Zidane as a top class midfielder.
This isn't hard at all. You're using Zidane as a measuring stick to defend Pogba. It's hilarious.

Paul Pogba hasn't even reached Michael Carrick's achievements at this club yet let alone Paul Scholes.

Withnail

Yeah a lot. Paul Pogba isn't fit to lace his boots. Nor Scholes.
Ok, I've only seen him at World Cups and some CL games so I'll bow to your greater knowledge.

The reason I was asking is that I've heard people who watched a lot of La Liga at the time say he was even more of a highlight reel player than Pogba.

The contention was that he'd show up on the big occasions but could be inconsistent in the hum-drum regular La Liga games.

mancan92

So Paul Pogba has been a great signing then? Is that what you're saying? Why is it then that almost every former player turned pundit on TV says what I do then? What do they all seem to agree that he's a talented player that simply hasn't turned up enough?

Talent is there but more often that not it's not been turned into performances.

I think I rate Carrick's signing for us higher than Pogba. I think most Utd fans would.
This is hilarious never seen someone so clearly avoid a question in my life.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
6/10 attempt to deflect from your hypocrisy. You have exactly 5 years to improve at this.
We're getting nowhere.

Let's go examine the evidence. Let's go listen to what all the former players say about him in the BT and Sky Studios. They are all in agreement with me. He's a super talent that hasn't lived up the billing. It's not like I'm even saying he's rubbish. He isn't. Im just not in agreement he's been a great signing. We've had far too much inconsistency.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This isn't hard at all. You're using Zidane as a measuring stick to defend Pogba. It's hilarious.

Paul Pogba hasn't even reached Michael Carrick's achievements at this club yet let alone Paul Scholes.
No I’m not. I am asking you a very simple question as to why you rate Zidane, which you have proven incapable of answering without mentioning the name of Paul Pogba.

I’ll ask again. Why do you rate Zidane so highly, to the point where he is ‘obviously’ better than Bruno, in your own words? Can you see that Pogba’s name is nowhere in that question? I’d also like it to be nowhere in your answer, please.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No I’m not. I am asking you a very simple question as to why you rate Zidane, which you have proven incapable of answering without mentioning the name of Paul Pogba.

I’ll ask again. Why do you rate Zidane so highly, to the point where he is ‘obviously’ better than Bruno, in your own words? Can you see that Pogba’s name is nowhere in that question? I’d also like it to be nowhere in your answer, please.
Can i get the answer @Nou_Camp99

How do you rate Iniesta, Modric, Kroos? I didn't see them scoring many goals and before you comes up with same nonsense, this has nothing to do with Pogba.
I will just tag my question too. Nothing to do with Pogba, just want to know how these individual players are rated as they are not high scoring midfielders. Forget high, few of them scored less than defenders.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is hilarious never seen someone so clearly avoid a question in my life.
Avoiding what? Zidane was clear of Pogba. As was Iniesta and Scholes. As was even Gerrard. He's not in the same league mate.

If you asked all 76,000 match going fans who was the better player for the club...Carrick or Pogba I'd wager more would say Carrick.

Don't put Paul Pogba up with the greatest players of the last 20 years. He's not that level.

OverratedOpinion

We're getting nowhere.

Let's go examine the evidence. Let's go listen to what all the former players say about him in the BT and Sky Studios. They are all in agreement with me. He's a super talent that hasn't lived up the billing. It's not like I'm even saying he's rubbish. He isn't. Im just not in agreement he's been a great signing. We've had far too much inconsistency.
Wow we actually agree about something.

Can I let you in on a little secret? Most people probably agree that he has not been as good of a signing as his talent suggests he should be. The problem is that every time he plays well and people want to talk about it and enjoy the performance you come in here with this weird agenda to put a negative spin on it. You use the same argument again and again then when argued by multiple people you begin to move the goalposts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Avoiding what? Zidane was clear of Pogba. As was Iniesta and Scholes. As was even Gerrard. He's not in the same league mate.

If you asked all 76,000 match going fans who was the better player for the club...Carrick or Pogba I'd wager more would say Carrick.

Don't put Paul Pogba up with the greatest players of the last 20 years. He's not that level.
You have the gall to ask ‘avoiding what’ - and then trot out a nonsense answer to a question you were NOT asked, yet again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We're getting nowhere.

Always a solid basis for arguments.

lost7

How has a single poster managed to single-handedly derail an entire thread after a 6 2 against Roma?

I'm not kidding, the best thing to do is to ignore such shambolic posts when clearly the poster has no intentions to have a proper discussion.

Yes, Pogba has been very inconsistent in the last 5 years. And yes, he's not delivered on his talent. But why is there a need to post the same thing 20 times after he's had a really good game and he's been in great form for a while (if not the majority of this season)?

The only thing I can think of is that you dislike the player so much that it drives you nuts to see him get praised. And if that's the case, I'm sorry to say that you should really reevaluate whether it's worth having such strong dislike for someone you've never even met :)

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
So is he signing a new contract? We need to win a trophy for him and convince him to stay, not exactly a team he would go to to immediately win trophies and take it to antoher level. I think we will be at higher level than Real, Barca next year in this tempo and there's a alot to be excited about if we keep this form imo. Just need 2/3 sensible additions to the team

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Zidane was a masterful player. Capable of turning any game on it's head. Turned up on the big occasions. Great passer. Didn't hide. Wasn't lazy. Didn't give cheap goals and penalites away.

If you think this Zidane thing is doing you any good at all you're delusional. Paul Pogba isn't even on a par with likes of Pirlo, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard and Gerrard nevermind Zidane.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
@Nou_Camp99 only judges midfielder based on goals. Whether you are playmaker, box to box, holding midfielder. That’s why he is so in love with McTominay but hating on Fred, Rice and Pogba. So much obsession and action when talking about them in negative way. He could just leave them alone.

AgentSmith

We're getting nowhere.

Why do you keep ignoring the evidence then?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
@Nou_Camp99 only judges midfielder based on goals. Whether you are playmaker, box to box, holding midfielder. That’s why he is so in love with McTominay but hating on Fred, Rice and Pogba. So much obsession and action when talking about them in negative way.
No I judge it on all the other things too. Gary Neville, Scholes, Jaime Carragher, Roy Keane, Souness and Redknapp all say the same as I do. They want more.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Always a solid basis for arguments.
:lol::lol:

Zidane was a masterful player. Capable of turning any game on it's head. Turned up on the big occasions. Great passer. Didn't hide. Wasn't lazy. Didn't give cheap goals and penalites away.

If you think this Zidane thing is doing you any good at all you're delusional. Paul Pogba isn't even on a par with likes of Pirlo, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard and Gerrard nevermind Zidane.
He really was :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Do those things make him better than Bruno Fernandes then? And can you confidently say that Zidane never gave cheap goals away? Wasn’t lazy? Well he was more lazy than Bruno is, so it’s weird you have used that to answer my question as to why he is better.

I don’t think you watched Zidane. ‘Capable of turning any game on its head’. What does that even mean? Capable of scoring the winning goal in a football match? Or capable of turning a game, which his team were being dominated, back in their favour? Because that is not what Zidane spent his career doing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No I judge it on all the other things too. Gary Neville, Scholes, Jaime Carragher, Roy Keane, Souness and Redknapp all say the same as I do. They want more.
They ‘’wanted‘’ more not they want more. They no longer criticised him because he’s been delivering top consistent performance since that Raiola comment this season.

They saw the improvement. However, somehow you are the only one couldn’t see the improvement he made.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They ‘’wanted‘’ more not they want more. They no longer criticised him because he’s been delivering top consistent performance since that Raiola commen this season.

However, somehow you are the only one couldn’t see the improvement he made.
See video below. That was from last week. Hahahahaha

laughtersassassin

I wonder does Nou Camp go into Shaws thread every games and shits on him for being terrible in almost every other season?

Like Pogba he is class now so I hope you have the same energy for him? I expect not.

Maybe just maybe we just needed a better team like everyone had been saying for years.

Pogba may have been inconsistent but he was always up there with a few others as the best of a bad bunch.

And he isn't inconsistent now so the point is moot.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Anyway let's get back to how brilliant he was.

Anyone see the clip of when he found out he was chosen for the doping test again.

It's a funny one.

hubbuh

What on earth is going on with his contract situation? Is he staying or going? Understandable if he wants a change of scenery given it has been an up-and-down experience for Pogba since coming back, but it'd be a damn shame if he were to leave now. It's the first time we've been a resolute and functional side since he joined, really. This team definitely has a few more levels it can reach too, and Pogba could be a big part of that. Please don't go big pauly p

Status
Not open for further replies.