View full 2020-21 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been brilliant floating around from the left.

Think that's his position now.

Way too many of these type of performances from the middle. Especially against teams who press/play with a high tempo.

Infra-red

Good, if inconsistent player. Absolutely shocking in a midfield two.

We should play him either wide left or #10 or not at all.

Dan_F

He really is shite when he's not interested.
Not interested in a semi final? It’s far more likely he just played badly isn’t it. That analysis is so lazy and unoriginal.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba looked like he was running on fumes in the second half. Can't imagine its comfortable to play in the Roman spring when you're fasting. Probably should've come off earlier, Roma were treating him as a checkpoint after half time.

kundalini

A poor performance tonight. Fortunate that Mkhitaryan headed wide early on when Pogba was asleep at the back-post. Then dispossessed a bit later, when Pedro shot over from near the edge of our area.

Rather too easy for Roma players to run past him in the 2nd half.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm hoping that was him letting Solskjaer know he prefers the left. The closer he is to our box the worse he gets.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very pedestrian. Roma were running through him. I felt before the match he should have started on the LW and McT or Matic should have started in the center.

Not interested in a semi final? It’s far more likely he just played badly isn’t it. That analysis is so lazy and unoriginal.
We were 6-2 up. He was playing like he didnt care, dawdling on the ball and not trying.

Red Royal

I think today he was going through motions just not trying to get a red or injured.If this were the final he would have raised his game immensely. Still agree on the left is his best fit for us.

Again, playing badly doesn’t mean he didn’t care or wasn’t trying.
Any other player I'd agree with you, but Pogba has form for playing like shit when he's not fully up for it.

Jaxa

Pogba needs intensity and big games to thrive,

The second he's in his comfort zone and relaxed he plays more like Florentin Pogba

The Hilton

Awful today, we really need to keep him away from central midfield, he's just too lazy and careless when he isn't on it

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm hoping that was him letting Solskjaer know he prefers the left. The closer he is to our box the worse he gets.
Totally agree. I’ve been a critic of Pogba up until the midway point of this season but he’s really stepped it up. He’s been a revelation on the left so why change it especially when Rashford was on the bench. Oles tactics and selection fell flat tonight. He needlessly overcomplicated things. Hopefully we go back to what actually works for the Villa game

Devil may care

If he got a yellow would he have missed the final? He was very subdued tonight, often sitting deeper than Fred, the double pivot will never get the best out of him no matter who he's partnered with.

Dve

Looked like he was playing with his underpants full of pebbles tonight. Funny to see how he had one of his very best games for us at the left last week, then probably his very worst game one game later. Don´t play Pogba as a DM, Ole.

Dominos

He's been playing well in an attacking role.

I don't understand moving him back to the double pivot? So we can play VDB out of position on the left... How many years have we wasted Pogba's best attributes by playing him in deep midfield. He loses the ball too often in dangerous positions and his defensive work isn't great. Just keep him high up the pitch where he can hurt the opposition and not us.

marktan

He's been playing well in an attacking role.

I don't understand moving him back to the double pivot? So we can play VDB out of position on the left... How many years have we wasted Pogba's best attributes by playing him in deep midfield. He loses the ball too often in dangerous positions and his defensive work isn't great. Just keep him high up the pitch where he can hurt the opposition and not us.
I always say he's closer to David Silva than Casemiro. You wouldn't play Silva as a holding CM.. it's just because he's big and physical but he has very few defensive attributes.

Halftrack

Eh, Pogba's always looked a bit shit in a midfield two for us. Doesn't help that he's seems to lose all situational awareness and lets opponents just stroll up to him and take the ball.

city-puma

Eh, Pogba's always looked a bit shit in a midfield two for us. Doesn't help that he's seems to lose all situational awareness and lets opponents just stroll up to him and take the ball.
Well, many still think it’s good to play him there if we can buy a “REAL” DM.

city-puma

The positive from the game is that he didn’t get a yellow card. So, he can play the final. He can have a big impact to unlock Villarreal’s defense.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I always say he's closer to David Silva than Casemiro. You wouldn't play Silva as a holding CM.. it's just because he's big and physical but he has very few defensive attributes.
The only time he should play there for us is if we are hit by injuries. Otherwise his role wide with freedom to move inside found by Ole is his best

BaillyBaillyBailly

Well, many still think it’s good to play him there if we can buy a “REAL” DM.
The only time he has ever looked good playing in a double pivot is during the 2018 WC.
There he had the literal perfect foil to him in Ngolo Kante because Kante is happy to cover all of Pogba's defensive fragility.
EVEN then he had Matuidi/Tolisso on LW to cover for him.

Pogba only works as a "CM" if he has 2 players at least partially covering him defensively. Which is fine, there are other players who are like that. We need to stop kidding ourselves though that if we sign Rice/Ndidi we can play Pogba in a double pivot. The evidence shows that doesn't work unless you play more workman like wide players which united simply do not have.

Marwood

Hasn't got the legs for centre mid, been saying it for ages. It's like playing Cantona there.

Keep him up top where he can give us short bursts of energy, it's what he's built for.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Poor game, more than "can't play as CM" I thought players were switched off. Even Shaw was very casual in his approach, same with Pogba.

Also I agree with the general feel, he is much better in attacking position than as CM.

Red00012

Should never be played in a double pivot again , when I saw the line up I thought Ole finally saw sense and was putting VDB alongside Fred with Pogba on the left . Not to be

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was funny hearing Savage continue to bang his drum about us being a much better side with Pogba in a deeper role despite the horror show unfolding in front of him. At least Scholesy had the good grace to concede that Ole was right about the better balance we get with McFred.

Status
Not open for further replies.