6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

I think there is a strong possibility he will run his contract down and IF City don't take him then fully expecting us to go all in for Grealish next summer as honestly feel he is made to play for Utd and would relish the opportunity.
Only player I would be happy to replace Pogba with in the squad. Pogba is one of a kind, and can do things no other footballer can do. Grealish is a different style of player but has that same quality. He'd probably be better for us overall in the end, because I don't get the impression his game is as positionally fragile or as prone to inconsistency as Pogba's.

croadyman

Only player I would be happy to replace Pogba with in the squad. Pogba is one of a kind, and can do things no other footballer can do. Grealish is a different style of player but has that same quality. He'd probably be better for us overall in the end, because I don't get the impression his game is as positionally fragile or as prone to inconsistency as Pogba's.
I saw a tweet earlier of his brother touting him around to Barca, well if you want to talk about Frenkie De Jong

Highfather_24

They play diamond or back three lately in France, not in double pivot. He's no longer playing with KanTuidi. :lol:
Interesting. Thanks for correcting me. I do remember when I last saw him play for France(I think it was against Portugal iirc), he was playing in a midfield 3.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Interesting. Thanks for correcting me. I do remember when I last saw him play for France(I think it was against Portugal iirc), he was playing in a midfield 3.
Playing diamond against Portugal. Well, technically, diamond is a midfield 3.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think there is a strong possibility he will run his contract down and IF City don't take him then fully expecting us to go all in for Grealish next summer as honestly feel he is made to play for Utd and would relish the opportunity.
We'd have to sell him at a heavy discount this summer if he doesn't sign a new deal.

Villareal 1:1 Man Utd

kundalini

Started the match with a couple of super passes then got careless as the first half developed, caught in possession, then blasting the ball straight at a Villarreal player, leading to Cavani conceding the free-kick from which they scored. The 2nd half saw a pass going out for a throw-in and another routine pass went to a yellow shirt. Not much he could do with his header from Shaw's slow cross. Vanished in extra time. Disappointing performance overall. Surprised how often United defenders chose to pass the ball to other players when Pogba was available for an easy pass.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

The usual gutless performance from Pogba when it really matters.

No wonder he's here earning the wages that no sane club would pay him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I one of his biggest advocates but that was pretty fecking horrible, he lost balls after balls, never believed in anything he does, other than a nice little chip with the outside of his boot, he was probably the worst player on the pitch. Strangely McTominay outplayed him by a large margin going backward and forward as well this game, decision to paly him deep where he's very hit and miss and more miss this season cost us the game.

MattofManchester

He takes balance away from the team and I don't think he's really got the mentality to be the big driving force.

We've really got to move on.

Born2Lose

This is absurd, I'm pretty sure he led the team in tackles/recoveries and along with McT made Villareal hide inside their box. Our failings today weren't on him.
Mct played much better than Pogba. Doesn't matter how sh1t Pogba plays there's always someone who'll defend him.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...League-2020-2021-Villarreal-Manchester-United

You ask someone who's never watched football to pick the £350k a week player on the pitch and one of the last they'll choose is Pogba.

Holocene

Gavinb33

Pogba was the Pogba we've seen for 5 years not sure why anyone was shocked.

He was no means the worst player for us, but when you have his profile which he brings on himself in a lot of ways via PR how many top performances has he given when we needed it tonight was another one where he has not delivered, he is our highest ever transfer thats why people expect more if you look at it from a value stand point its just more money pissed away

Cro

As much as I admire Pogba as a player, he is just not the right fit for our team with the system we are playing and hasn't been since he joined. He isn't the type of player who is consistently good in a midfield two, he isn't a left winger and he isn't an attacking midfielder. He can do a job there at times, has a few good games here and there, but overall we try to shoehorn him into the team when he is fit. In the long run it's just not beneficial for both parties.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Rubbish. Pogba was signed as a world class player who could influence big games like this. Turns out the much derided McT was in a completely different league to him tonight.

After the final whistle did anyone else notice they cut from Bruno in tears to Pogba… smirking? Summed the two of them up in that instant.

Adamsk7

Tonight made me realise what I think I’ve known for a while - we’ve got to move on from him. Yes he’s got good quality but he doesn’t have the desire or mentality to be the player we need him to be. His consistency isn’t that of a top player.
If he does end up staying, we need a beast of a no.6 to let him just go and play football in the final third. I’d probably move Bruno to the 8 and play Pogba ahead of him.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

He's comfortable here, he gets paid top level wages and gets to half ass it anytime he wants.

If he had a spine he'd have left years ago.

Zoo

We should just let him go cut price. It’s not happening for him or us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think we need to move on and reconstruct the midfield. But I must say that if I didn’t come on here, I wouldn’t have been aware he was so dreadful tonight. Not that it was the best I’ve seen him play, but it was just a restricted cm performance to me. Misplaced some passes, but made loads, just none that would really hurt them. Held his position, made interceptions and tackles. It seems people were expecting the left wing version of Pogba to just appear in a double pivot.

The Substitute

Had a good first half. Second was on par with the team. Although he will probably get the stick more than anyone else for being Pogba.

Irwin99

Outshone by McTom the same way he was outshone by Herrera in the previous EL final. Couple of passes in the first half were outstanding and emphasizes what he can do in that position but on the flipside the balance of the team is wrong, he gets careless and loses possession, and is generally ineffectual from the deeper position.

A really good player on his day but I just don't feel he's ever fitted a system well in the entire time he's been here. Time to move on for the player and the club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looked like he was hiding from the pass at times, positioning himself behind defenders and what not.
Exactly my thoughts. He did not demand the ball and dictate the play from back there. Just sort of half did it when he could be bothered.

I'd shift him, is not a good fit for our team.

Marwood

Think we need to move on and reconstruct the midfield. But I must say that if I didn’t come on here, I wouldn’t have been aware he was so dreadful tonight. Not that it was the best I’ve seen him play, but it was just a restricted cm performance to me. Misplaced some passes, but made loads, just none that would really hurt them. Held his position, made interceptions and tackles. It seems people were expecting the left wing version of Pogba to just appear in a double pivot.
Was he any better on the ball than Fred?

If yes was he so much better that it was worth losing Fred's off the ball work?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

In my opinion yes, comfortably so. He gives it away sometimes like any player, but he actually can also be progressive on the ball. A few times he won it back and got away from his man.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sadly I have nothing good to say about Pogba tonight. He's a very good player but there was little evidence of it today. Can't remember him getting a shot off in anger, which is a big disappointment.

Born2Lose

We wouldn't have even been in the final if it wasn't for Pogba.
And maybe if he'd frigged off two years ago we'd be a better team now rather than dependant on a talented footballer who half asses it as and when he wants.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

So am I to be led to believe that we were played through tonight and missed Fred’s superior pressing and tackling?

Fred’s off the ball work was irrelevant, Pogba didn’t let us down in that department tonight. He did his bit. But he obviously didn’t have much impact going forward. I don’t think he really tried to. He was mainly circulating it. He’s obviously capable of doing more offensively, but to me, he looked like he was trying to play responsibly, which ultimately just made his game boring to me. Think he was more concerned with not making mistakes and keeping his position, doing his defensive duties etc than impacting the game going forward. Balance wasn’t right.

Status
Not open for further replies.