6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRM

Played really well when we came on, powerful, good one touch football and created some key chances.

Its clear that he should be playing further up the pitch - I would be tempted to play him in a gerrard like role just behind the striker and drop Bruno slightly deeper but still have McFred shielding the defence. As Ole said, these are good problems to have!

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Has come to a point were you actually worry when he comes on. Half expect him to make a mess of it. Did ok last night

Joseunited

Still got caught in possession last night that led to a counter. I'm happy to see him coming on off of the bench, not as a starter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I honestly think if he stopped doing that thing he does at least once every game where he puts his foot on the ball, stands still and waits for 2 or 3 players to crowd him out and win the ball back... he'd get abut 50% less stick then he does.

GlasgowCeltic

He absolutely adores shielding the ball, doesn’t matter the circumstance, he always finds time for a bit of shielding

Rolaholic

Has come to a point were you actually worry when he comes on. Half expect him to make a mess of it. Did ok last night
How so? His last 2 sub appearences ended up with us scoring goals to win both matches, seems pretty effective to me.

Also people seem to have short memories on the caf expecting players to be back to 100% after returning from health related issues.

Happened with Rashford and people choosing to blame his recent form on his off the pitch ventures instead of the fact that he was coming off 2 broken vertebrae that could've threatened his career long term and with Pogba and getting on his fitness level after he was out some time with coronavirus when we've come to learn about the multitude of ways that can impact someone's health even after having it.

Seems our players hardly ever get the benefit of the doubt when coming back from physical issues if they're not flying instantly on their return.

Smores

I honestly think if he stopped doing that thing he does at least once every game where he puts his foot on the ball, stands still and waits for 2 or 3 players to crowd him out and win the ball back... he'd get abut 50% less stick then he does.
This is the main complaint really but as you say he does it so consistently it's a real problem.

I just can't comprehend how he isn't able recognise it needs to stop. Has no one pointed it out to him?

Hammondo

How so? His last 2 sub appearences ended up with us scoring goals to win both matches, seems pretty effective to me.

Also people seem to have short memories on the caf expecting players to be back to 100% after returning from health related issues.

Happened with Rashford and people choosing to blame his recent form on his off the pitch ventures instead of the fact that he was coming off 2 broken vertebrae that could've threatened his career long term and with Pogba and getting on his fitness level after he was out some time with coronavirus when we've come to learn about the multitude of ways that can impact someone's health even after having it.

Seems our players hardly ever get the benefit of the doubt when coming back from physical issues if they're not flying instantly on their return.
He suits being a sub, not a starter.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too

He strikes me as a child in a young mans body. He's been wanting a move away from us since I can't remember, last three+ seasons? He wanted to be captain but been disruptive and not performing consistently since he came her. Give or sell him to whoever wants him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He absolutely adores shielding the ball, doesn’t matter the circumstance, he always finds time for a bit of shielding
That's a signature trick from him. It has worked for him well when played in advanced role, but he thinks he can do it all over the pitch and that's his biggest mistake. It makes me go nuts when he does that being last man between midfield and defense.

LoneStar

He’s make an ideal impact sub, thought he played well further up the pitch today, and did a great job holding the ball near the corner.

But the big question is if he can keep this up for 90 mins over a sustained period of games?

He will enjoy Cavanis movement, remember how many chances he created for Ibra when he was here.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We saw today what squad depth means: 1-1, need a win, and we can put Pogba on, not Pereira.
Perhaps not fit for entire match (yet), he was brilliant for 30 minutes and got a vital assist. Excellent
It's registered as an assist because Pogba provided the last pass before the scorer scored.

But let's not make out it was some wonderful piece of vision or technique. It was a 5 metre sideways pass, hoping Rashford could do something better than he could.

Sylar

Mature performance from him, again, coming on as a sub. Its nice that we have that luxury (right now) where in certain games we can start him (and if he falters we can use him as a sub).
I reckon he starts 2 of the next 3 games.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's registered as an assist because Pogba provided the last pass before the scorer scored.

But let's not make out it was some wonderful piece of vision or technique. It was a 5 metre sideways pass, hoping Rashford could do something better than he could.
Jesus.....the majority of Bruno’s assists are exactly like this

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He seems slow. Gives away possession a lot. Not very motivated to defend. If he wasn't called Paul Pogba he wouldn't be getting on even as a sub

Canucantona20

He’s a better player closer to the goal, cause he doesn’t put the work in to defend. He’s still a class player though, but his heart isn’t there which is a shame

The Original

How is that different from the vast majority of Bruno's assists?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Looks like starting him today would be a bad idea.
Just like this poster to peddle this kind of agenda riddled garbage. Who’s defining a big game here? I total that up to 23 games. So what are these 23 games? In five seasons we have played 23 big games ? Can someone list those games?

It’s absolutely pathetic. By all means you don’t have to like or even rate Pogba but just posting baseless drivel shouldn’t be allowed.

Lentwood

Shouldn't be trusted to start games, lacks the tactical discipline and work rate. There's no agenda on here, we've all given Pogba more than enough chances.

That being said, he could be an absolutely unreal impact sub coming on further forward for the last 30/35mins. By that point, teams will have started to tire slightly and it will be harder for them to target him for the press. Plus, spaces should be starting to open up which a fresh Paul Pogba should absolutely relish.

Bit crazy to have a £90m impact player but I don't think bringing your match winner on to finish the game would be considered that crazy at all in US sport where they seem to accommodate that kind of thinking much more readily

Let McFred do the hard yards then bring on your luxury player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s a fairly poor article. Why is the League Cup semi final a big game but winning on the last day of the season away to your rival for a Champions League place isn’t?
He’s basing it on the traditional five biggest clubs we play against in the league. Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool. Which works for me. They’re always the gold standard for “big games” in any given campaign.

acnumber9

He’s basing it on the traditional five biggest clubs we play against in the league. Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool. Which works for me. They’re always the gold standard for “big games” in any given campaign.
Yeah but Leicester were better than Arsenal and Spurs last season so it’s flawed. It wouldn’t change the results hugely but that’s not the point. The Leicester game was the biggest game we played last season. The second leg of a league cup semi final we were almost certainly out of isn’t a bigger game just because we played Man City.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Shouldn't be trusted to start games, lacks the tactical discipline and work rate. There's no agenda on here, we've all given Pogba more than enough chances.

That being said, he could be an absolutely unreal impact sub coming on further forward for the last 30/35mins. By that point, teams will have started to tire slightly and it will be harder for them to target him for the press. Plus, spaces should be starting to open up which a fresh Paul Pogba should absolutely relish.

Bit crazy to have a £90m impact player but I don't think bringing your match winner on to finish the game would be considered that crazy at all in US sport where they seem to accommodate that kind of thinking much more readily

Let McFred do the hard yards then bring on your luxury player
I agree. You just cannot trust him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just like this poster to peddle this kind of agenda riddled garbage. Who’s defining a big game here? I total that up to 23 games. So what are these 23 games? In five seasons we have played 23 big games ? Can someone list those games?
It’s absolutely pathetic. By all means you don’t have to like or even rate Pogba but just posting baseless drivel shouldn’t be allowed.
Seems as though only certain types of people find such arguments, rooted in quantitative analysis as 'baseless drivel'.
After 4 years, there is now tonnes of data and observation that proves these sorts of conclusions.
Its now blatantly clear that Pogba isn't very good. He helped cost Mourinho his job at the club, I doubt OGS will allow the same problem to cause his downfall.
He can be a high impact super sub like Ole was until he leaves the club. Maybe start against low level teams to give proper midfielders a rest. Not much more.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Seems as though only certina types of people find such arguments, rooted in quantitative analysis as 'baseless drivel.
After 4 years, there is now tonnes of data and observation that proves these sorts of conclusions.
Its now blatantly clear that Pogba isn't very good. He helped cost Mourinho his job at the club, I doubt OGS will allow the same problem to cause his downfall.
He can be a high impact super sub like Ole was until he leaves the club. Maybe start against low level teams to give proper midfielders a rest. Not much more.
This. 100%.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he starts today, i would not be surprized if he gets an assist or plays well.

But you cannot get it consistently from him. He plays well one game and then vanishes for three.

Hopefully Ole cops on to it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Seems as though only certain types of people find such arguments, rooted in quantitative analysis as 'baseless drivel'.
So we’ve only played 23 important games in four years ? And only won one that Pogba played in ? Was that the Chelsea game at home last season? Or the one in the fa cup ? Or was it arsenal away? Or at home? Or was it City ? Was it the league cup final or the Europa league final? Was it the Leicester game that got us in to CL.....what was this one game ? Cherry picking stats is baseless drivel whether it suits your agenda or not.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yeah but Leicester were better than Arsenal and Spurs last season so it’s flawed. It wouldn’t change the results hugely but that’s not the point. The Leicester game was the biggest game we played last season. The second leg of a league cup semi final we were almost certainly out of isn’t a bigger game just because we played Man City.
I’ve not read the article but what are these 23 games? Over what time period?

MattofManchester

It could honestly all be fitness. Didn't he have a fantastic match when we beat Chelsea 4-0? And wasn't he played in a midfield 2 alongside McTominay that day?

What a confusing player to assess.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It could honestly all be fitness. Didn't he have a fantastic match when we beat Chelsea 4-0? And wasn't he played in a midfield 2 alongside McTominay that day?

What a confusing player to assess.
It is.

He had literally zero pre season due to covid, so he's playing catch up even more than usual.

He's a big boy and obviously cardio is more of a struggle for him than people like Fred. We forget he was out injured for a year and that takes a while to get your best form back, right now using him as an impact sub seems the best way as he's effecting the games positively when coming on around the 60-70 mark.

Hammondo

So we’ve only played 23 important games in four years ? And only won one that Pogba played in ? Was that the Chelsea game at home last season? Or the one in the fa cup ? Or was it arsenal away? Or at home? Or was it City ? Was it the league cup final or the Europa league final? Was it the Leicester game that got us in to CL.....what was this one game ? Cherry picking stats is baseless drivel whether it suits your agenda or not.
It's explained which teams were included.

Status
Not open for further replies.