6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

He was excellent tonight. The pass for Greenwood’s goal was superb.

Kag

He’s much better in that left midfield role. He can actually do what he did for the Greenwood goal with the knowledge there are players to cover for him. Much better tonight.

el3mel

That was a great performance, even before the assist he was absolutely bossing it. They struggled to get the ball out of him and he was like a man vs some boys. Top notch assist and created another great chance for Martial. More of this please.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surprised people are rating this performance so highly. He was good in the attacking third, but he was slow to react and close down when we were under the cosh which was the majority of the first 60 minutes.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Back to normal service. The higher up the pitch he plays, the better.

Made some mistakes in our own half, should be more careful with fouls and still don't like how he's trying to outstrength the opponents in midfield, but RB didn't take advantage so no big deal.
Definitely good signs for the future.

Was very involved today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Suits the left of the diamond it’s his best role and I think he’s brilliant when he can get a little wider.

Great player!

MattofManchester

Surprised people are rating this performance so highly. He was good in the attacking third, but he was slow to react and close down when we were under the cosh which was the majority of the first 60 minutes.
And here comes the clear bias. Frankly, no, he wasn't.

AJ Bullet

MotM tonight for me, dominant throughout and made the difference to open up the opposition when it was a tight game.

Zen86

I can be pretty critical of Pogba, but I thought he played well today. Nowhere near as sloppy or complacent as he has been recently.

Irwin99

Credit where it's due, best performance in a long time. Good assist and kept things ticking nicely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
And here comes the clear bias. Frankly, no, he wasn't.
I gathered I'm in a minority of one.

I can be pretty critical of Pogba, but I thought he played well today. Nowhere near as sloppy or complacent as he has been recently.
Yeah, I don't think it was a bad performance, I just worried when they had the initiative and we needed everyone to work their socks off. I've no complaints about his work further up the pitch, now or usually.

432JuanMata

These performances nearly annoy me as much as his poor ones because that is what he is capable of. He is great on the left a bit forward

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Our best player until Rashford came on.
Not a chance. But much better. Grafted, did the ugly stuff that he doesn't always shine at. Once we all get past the idea that he's the main man, that we're building the team around him, things should settle down for him. Look at what was around him tonight, Fred was amazing, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Donny, Mc Tom brilliant when he came on....if all of us just accept that he's just another talented member of a talented squad and get off his back and let him get on with it, it'll all work out fine.

predator

Youth NITK
I'd prefer him to release the ball earlier in general but having said that he also is the best shielder of the ball ive ever seen when he does it right.

Tonight he was immense. Unplayable, undefendable, unstoppable. He ran the show.

Superunknown

I thought he was quality today. That position seems to be perfect for him. Allows him to play to his strength and minimises his flaws as much as is possible in a midfield position. Fred and Matic (and later McTominay) had enough to cover around and behind him. I really like him in that position.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still holding the ball far too long. Can't understand for why.

He was good today.

Santos J

First thing that was noticeable was the fitness levels. Much better which made things easier for him.
Honestly, Covid must have affected him rather seirously
Yeah his fitness looked night and day compared to even a game or two ago. From about 2 minutes in you could tell he was gonna have a good game.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I thought he was quality today. That position seems to be perfect for him. Allows him to play to his strength and minimises his flaws as much as is possible in a midfield position. Fred and Matic (and later McTominay) had enough to cover around and behind him. I really like him in that position.
Agreed, he bossed that left channel and he was driving inwards really well. Great for Greenwood's goal. Need to see more of him there.

Red00012

Amazing what Happens when you play your most talented players in positions they can do damage ;)

Walters_19_MuFc

No surprise he was brilliant tonight given he played on the left in a 3 man midfield. Gorgeous pass for Greenwood, and his ability to keep the ball under pressure was something i've not seen this season. Really good game from Pogba tonight.

R77

Passed the ball on quicker, shielded it well when he couldn't. More urgency off the ball. Assist. Much better.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He needed that performance tonight. He was decisive and bullied Henrichs for most of the game. The power of that run followed by the delicate pass into Greenwood is what makes him so unique. When he's good he's really, really good.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
8/10
High quality today. Loved his defensive energy and concentration.
Was determined and aggressive in his pressing and running, and adventurous in his passing.
This is the Pogba I like.
Now please follow this up with consecutive 8/10 performances

Lewnited

Hopefully the penny has dropped now, no way should we be seeing him in a pivot again. Was key to progressing and retaining the ball today, great performance along with the rest of the midfield.

thepolice123

His shielding helped us deal with the press. Seemed to always have an answer for any tight situations.

Devil may care

That left midfield position is his best as we know, tonight he was quality on the ball and disciplined off it in covering the space, very good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.