Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
agreed, but them two win the ball and pass it forward, Pogba is only world class at the Latter.

Pogba realistically has Fernandes’s position to try fight for because Ole likes ball winning CM’s and unless Bruno gets injured he is there to stay.

Personally I would find a system to fit Bruno, VDB and Pogba in, whilst also having a world class CDM to sit, but Ole can only go with what he has. Kante would of been a brilliant in that position, but thats all irrelevant hindsight.
We’re never going to play Bruno Pogba & Donny together under a pragmatic manager. 2 of McT, Fred & Matic will always play with Ole.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know mate.

Would someone like klopp or Pep find a system for them?
It’s hard to tell what a other manager would do with players they’ve never managed. The best managers tend to play the better players in the squad. Pep would love Pogba & Donny, I don’t think he’d like Bruno though. Klopp is the opposite, he’d love Bruno. I think

AngliaRed

It’s hard to tell what a other manager would do with players they’ve never managed. The best managers tend to play the better players in the squad. Pep would love Pogba & Donny, I don’t think he’d like Bruno though. Klopp is the opposite, he’d love Bruno. I think
Agree, if Ole had Fabino or Kimmich then maybe we’d have Pogba, donny and VDB starting. It’s definitely a position Ole should look at as I dont think Fred or Mctominay are capable of being a CDM without the other beside them.

sammyhol

The biggest thing I take from the Pogba saga tonight, is Ole didn’t trust him to be able to offer the energy, pressure and tracking that he felt he needed from Fred, despite the tightrope Fred was walking...

and don’t get me wrong, it was a silly move from Ole...

But if it was me in his shoes, I would have been thinking the same thing. And if I had taken Fred off, it would have been Matic not Pogba.

It went pretty much unnoticed, but Pogba did his usual trick of letter someone run off him within 5 mins of being on which led to a Herrera shot.

With Bruno now our main man, and VDB starting to settle... surely it’s the end of the road for Paul now. It’s a shame. Can’t believe a lad so talented has not been a superstar for us. Ultimately is has come down to him lacking the necessary application and concentration.

predator

Youth NITK
I would've done anything to see that volley of his go in. It was so cleanly struck and to see us get something out the game against his hometown, who are cnuts, would've been nice.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
The biggest thing I take from the Pogba saga tonight, is Ole didn’t trust him to be able to offer the energy, pressure and tracking that he felt he needed from Fred, despite the tightrope Fred was walking...

But if it was me in his shoes, I would have been thinking the same thing. And if I had taken Fred off, it would have been Matic not Pogba.

It went pretty much unnoticed, but Pogba did his usual trick of letter someone run off him within 5 mins of being on which led to a Herrera shot.

With Bruno now our main man, and VDB starting to settle... surely it’s the end of the road for Paul now. It’s a shame. Can’t believe a lad so talented has not been a superstar for us. Ultimately is has come down to him lacking the necessary application and concentration.
Fully agree with all this post. Can't blame Ole for not trusting him, I'd have left Fred on too.

Dan_F

He could have taken off a forward and put on VDB at the same time to give us more bodies in the middle. We didn’t need four forwards on the pitch today.

GledTheRed

We should probably start playing him in a midfield two, not as if our two "screeners" are helping us keep clean sheets or make us look solid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We should probably start playing him in a midfield two, not as if our two "screeners" are helping us keep clean sheets or make us look solid.
Might as well bust out the glowsticks to direct free hits at De Gea.

Bwuk

We shouldn’t be playing a midfield two, we should move to 433.

It’s ridiculous that we resort to playing limited players in midfield ahead of the likes of Pogba, VdB.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Today they didn’t but they usually do - hence them starting and Pogba being dropped....

GledTheRed

It’s ridiculous that we resort to playing limited players in midfield ahead of the likes of Pogba, VdB.
I agree but we need to play our best player at number 10 with next to no defensive responsibilites.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They don't we concede every fecking game.
They do the job asked of them - again hence them starting and Pogba being dropped. If only the dull cnut was dropped vs arsenal too

tjb

His one defensive action displayed why he cannot be in our midfield and needs to be sold. We have always had grafters in our midfields, and due to this during SAF's tenure, despite other teams having flashier, technically superior players at times, we were always able to compete. Liverpool have adopted the same strategy and the evidence is really clear. Having a midfield full of players with high workrate is essential in the premier league. The second ball is still and will always be king in England. So having players who can anticipate, concentrate and work hard on and off the ball are requirements for any consistent team. We can't afford to have Pogba jogging, even in a three man midfield. I'm not saying that technical skills aren't important; in fact, having creativity, passing and movement are features that differentiate the average midfield's from truly world class ones, but in order to compete on a game to game basis, graft first and foremost is required. Pogba does not have that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hoping we start him on the weekend ahead of Bruno, Bruno needs a rest so we don't kill him. Needs saving for Leipzig. Pogba has his place still, but for me its essentially just competing with Bruno for the #10 spot and having VdB/Fred/McTominay/Matic compete for the other 2 spots. Long term, Pogba should go for the best for everyone. But for the season, might as well utilize him.

Grande

I’ve been frustrated with Pogs for a while now, but I think he had a very good cameo. Almost all he did came off, and he looked hungrier than in ages. Mind, he had that one obligatory switching off when they blasted past him on that counter.

passing-wind

It's Solskjaer's lack of tactical nous that's causing this. His preferred formation is a 4231 and there's nothing wrong with a managers preference but when it puts the team at a disadvantage you got to question management.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm glad that shot didn't go in. He would have been a nightmare to drop in the next 5 games. This team has just got it's rhythm and balance without him. He's nothing but an impact sub unless he stops dwelling on the ball and being part of the metronome rather than playing to his own beat.

Holocene

I'm glad that shot didn't go in. He would have been a nightmare to drop in the next 5 games. This team has just got it's rhythm and balance without him. He's nothing but an impact sub unless he stops dwelling on the ball and being part of the metronome rather than playing to his own beat.
Shocking post. Classic case of an agenda driven post. You'd rather see us lose than Pogba grab the equaliser. Pathetic.

Silas

You're glad the impact sub didn't make an impact? :confused:

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Have a word with yourself, your hatred for Pogba is bigger than Utd's gain. You gotta reassess your status as a fan when you think like that.

Khalif_20

I'm glad that shot didn't go in.
The blatant hatred towards Paul is sickening, some "fans" would rather lose games than seeing our star man score a legendary Zidane-style volley!

I'll never understand this negative bias. I dislike several United players and would gladly see them replaced - Maguire, McTominay, Matic for example - but can't even imagine wishing them to do badly just to feel justified in my opinions on them.

Reactions: Fortitude

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's amazing how normally I'm defending Pogba against the over-the-top criticism he gets on here, but every now and then I come on and have to do the opposite. Suddenly everyone wants him starting ahead of Fred or McTominay again and saying things like "Ole has to drop his childish ego" and "we may as well play him in a midfield two and it's not like the current two are doing the job". It's as if people want to forget how incredibly poor Pogba was at the start of this season, and how our results and defence have looked so much better with the more solid midfield we've played since.

One poor game (and even then we were the better team in the second half until the goal against the run of play and red card) and people lose their minds. It's up to him to win that spot back and he certainly hasn't done that yet.

Giggs86

The sooner we get rid of him and Martial the better. He can stay in some dressing room cheerleader capacity but he shouldn't be playing football for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.