6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngliaRed

I'm glad that shot didn't go in. He would have been a nightmare to drop in the next 5 games. This team has just got it's rhythm and balance without him. He's nothing but an impact sub unless he stops dwelling on the ball and being part of the metronome rather than playing to his own beat.
Clown! Go piss up a rope!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Excellent when he came on. I’d be interested to see his passing stats and tackles won. Seemed to be winning the ball back every few minutes. So unlucky with that effort too. Deserved that to go in.

Red00012

They're very different players though - VDB doesn't offer what Fred does
Fred was on a yellow and needed to be taken off. Matic would have offered nothing and Pogba wouldn’t put in a shift tracking back so VDB was the obvious choice to make

Red00012

I'm glad that shot didn't go in. He would have been a nightmare to drop in the next 5 games. This team has just got it's rhythm and balance without him. He's nothing but an impact sub unless he stops dwelling on the ball and being part of the metronome rather than playing to his own beat.
Awful awful post

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I called for his introduction at HT and I'm by no means his biggest fan

Looked good when he came on, we're going to need him as an option in the coming weeks as the bench started to look a little weak without him and a couple of others

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The blatant hatred towards Paul is sickening, some "fans" would rather lose games than seeing our star man score a legendary Zidane-style volley!

I'll never understand this negative bias. I dislike several United players and would gladly see them replaced - Maguire, McTominay, Matic for example - but can't even imagine wishing them to do badly just to feel justified in my opinions on them.
Why do you have a bias against M players. Very eMmist of you

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Until he starts delivering in more than short cameos then he doesn’t deserve to start. It’s time to stand up and be counted

jamesjimmybyrondean

We all know he's very talented so when he has that one good performance (which is usually a very good one) it's enough for people to back track or say "I told you so". Personally I'm tired of the flip flopping and the constant Madrid links.

Devil may care

That volley would have been an all time classic Old Trafford goal despite the lack of crowd. He got caught sleeping off the ball again though, too much of a risk in the double pivot imo.

Might as well bust out the glowsticks to direct free hits at De Gea.
:lol: This made me envision Pogba as John John McClane in Die Hard 2.

We shouldn’t be playing a midfield two, we should move to 433.

It’s ridiculous that we resort to playing limited players in midfield ahead of the likes of Pogba, VdB.
It's simply because we don't have a proper holding midfielder bar Matic who has pace, mobility and stamina issues. That position should have been addressed in the summer, whether it was the fault of Ole or the board, I don't know. I personally think Van de Beek could play in the double pivot with Fred or McTominay so we'd have a bit more on the ball, but it wouldn't cover every issue.

MattofManchester

We just had poor performances from Bruno and Martial and terrible game management from Solskjaer.
Pogba had a decent cameo.

Why is there so much buzz around Paul Pogba? Again?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We just had poor performances from Bruno and Martial and terrible game management from Solskjaer.
Pogba had a decent cameo.

Why is there so much buzz around Paul Pogba? Again?
Always the same....last week some were saying he wasn’t injured and that he either didn’t want to play or Ole was getting rid of him. Last season the amount of noise around his injury and recovery had people obsessing that he never plays for the club again. Sadly some are so fixated that the idea of Pogba playing, playing well and scoring a vital equaliser is so against their agenda that they actually see it as a negative. It’s a shame how it’s planned out.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Excellent when he came on. I’d be interested to see his passing stats and tackles won. Seemed to be winning the ball back every few minutes. So unlucky with that effort too. Deserved that to go in.
He was in no way excellent, he was acceptable, which given his recent dire performances may look excellent in comparison. Credit where its due for that volley though.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Fred was on a yellow and needed to be taken off. Matic would have offered nothing and Pogba wouldn’t put in a shift tracking back so VDB was the obvious choice to make
I'm not arguing that Fred coming off for VDB isn't a logical thing to do, nor that Matic or Pogba wouldn't have been suitable replacements. I just don't know if VDB coming on (meaning we play a 4-3-3) would make us a little too light vs PSG, that's all I'm saying.

I also respect that Ole trusted Fred to control himself and not do anything too rash after he spoke to him at half time. There are thousands of examples of games where people pick up an early yellow and make it through the game. Unfortunately on this occasion we messed up some glorious chances and then PSG went up the other end and scored a pretty fortunate goal, and that shocking first touch has cost Fred/us a shot at turning it around.

Godfather

I'm not arguing that Fred coming off for VDB isn't a logical thing to do, nor that Matic or Pogba wouldn't have been suitable replacements. I just don't know if VDB coming on (meaning we play a 4-3-3) would make us a little too light vs PSG, that's all I'm saying.

I also respect that Ole trusted Fred to control himself and not do anything too rash after he spoke to him at half time. There are thousands of examples of games where people pick up an early yellow and make it through the game. Unfortunately on this occasion we messed up some glorious chances and then PSG went up the other end and scored a pretty fortunate goal, and that shocking first touch has cost Fred/us a shot at turning it around.
Mate Fred could have touched PSGs players with his fingertips and he would have gone the way he escaped the red in the first half

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Mate Fred could have touched PSGs players with his fingertips and he would have gone the way he escaped the red in the first half
Yeah I don't disagree, hopefully this game serves as a lesson to our team about playing in Europe. We went through the same under Ferguson whereby we were losing games because of gamesmanship (admittedly our own finishing yesterday too).

MattofManchester

I'm going to cause mass hysteria among the ranks by finding the positives in his little cameo.

Thought he did okay when he came on. You can't judge a 15 minute appearance and say they were good or bad, but what I mean by okay is he started to look a bit more like the Paul Pogba that is fit again.

Emphasis is being placed on him losing the ball once, but he also won it back 3 times.
The volley was also good to see as it showed that he's starting to strike the ball cleaner again so he's getting an eye for things again.

If we wants to leave, or if he wants to prove a point, it can only be good for us, because he'll put in a greater shift in games to make himself known.

Hopefully we can see some great performances from him over the season.

Now cue incoming disagreements and outrage.

Sylar

Hes better as a sub for us. Seems ridiculous given his price (but then again, thats not on him).
But based on him as a player, he seems better in games like this coming off the bench with something to prove.

lex talionis

Almost put in a worldie for us last night.

But the issues we discussed prior to yesterday are still very real. He needs to earn his place back or sold for 50m to PSG or whoever will take him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He was in no way excellent, he was acceptable, which given his recent dire performances may look excellent in comparison. Credit where its due for that volley though.
Acceptable for you is excellent, unless it’s not Pogba.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Acceptable for you is excellent, unless it’s not Pogba.
No, it isnt, but then he could walk into your house on your birthday and shit on your cake, and you would declare it a masterpiece. He did nothing wrong, he did nothing to warrant his performance being labelled excellent either. He was acceptable, nothing more, nothing less.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The biggest thing I take from the Pogba saga tonight, is Ole didn’t trust him to be able to offer the energy, pressure and tracking that he felt he needed from Fred, despite the tightrope Fred was walking...

and don’t get me wrong, it was a silly move from Ole...

But if it was me in his shoes, I would have been thinking the same thing. And if I had taken Fred off, it would have been Matic not Pogba.

It went pretty much unnoticed, but Pogba did his usual trick of letter someone run off him within 5 mins of being on which led to a Herrera shot.

With Bruno now our main man, and VDB starting to settle... surely it’s the end of the road for Paul now. It’s a shame. Can’t believe a lad so talented has not been a superstar for us. Ultimately is has come down to him lacking the necessary application and concentration.
This is very important point, I mentioned it in post game thread. Imagine how little trust Ole has in Pogba if he didn't want to risk replacing Fred with Paul.

I said it before, I will repeat. Ole does not rate Pogba.

• 6/9 passes completed (67% accuracy)
  • 1 dribble
  • 2/4 aerials won
  • 1 tackle + 1 interception
  • 1x dispossessed
Hardy an excellent performance by numbers. He was OK and I'd give him a go next game, maybe even from the start to rest Bruno.

Last edited:

Haddock

He played fairly well but it's comical to see one poster say he's glad the shot didn't go in and others get excited because he nearly scored. Says a lot that he's lost his place to the vastly inferior (but reliable) Fred and that Ole would rather leave a walking red card out there than play Pogba.

SATA

Stick him on the inside forward role on the left wing and he'll be fine. He doesn't need to do much defensive duties and he can focus on mainly creating and cutting inside

MattofManchester

He played fairly well but it's comical to see one poster say he's glad the shot didn't go in and others get excited because he nearly scored. Says a lot that he's lost his place to the vastly inferior (but reliable) Fred and that Ole would rather leave a walking red card out there than play Pogba.
Actually disagree with this. While people will absolutely hate it, I think we'll see a lot more of a Pogba-Fred-Bruno combo for the rest of the season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This is very important point, I mentioned it in post game thread. Imagine how little trust Ole has in Pogba if he didn't want to risk replacing Fred with Paul.

• 1 dribble
  • 2/4 aerials won
  • 1x dispossessed
Hardy an excellent performance by numbers. He was OK and I'd give him a go next game, maybe even from the start to rest Bruno.
Lies

Grande

• 1 dribble
  • 2/4 aerials won
  • 1x dispossessed
I easily understand why, at 1-1, Ole would rather take his chances on talking down Fred than putting a defensively erroneous Pogba or a slow Matic on the pitch to stifle the threat of Neymar and Mbappe who both operated in the space between midfield and defence.

I was impressed by Pogba’s contribution though, I thought he were one of the better players on the pitch after he came on, also doing the gritty work with zeal. He had one dangerous mental lapse as usual, which proves Solskjærs point with Fred (even if I don’t agree with it). But if he continues with that freshness and attitude, he’s going to be much more useful going forth, I think. Hope.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He had one good shot. Far from excellent. I didnt see a player trying to prove a point

Status
Not open for further replies.