6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm not gonna get at Pogba because he's coming back from COVID19 and I'm reliably informed that can properly f-k with your body. He's had no preseason and was run into the ground off of an injury at the tail end of last season. Then he got hit with the rona. Maybe we need to rotate him more? I'm not going to slam him for not being peak Pogba just yet.

sport2793

For someone who claims to be a "medical professional" you have no idea if he had symptoms to recover from or was just asymptomatic
I bet you don't even know what a virus is and how it works, clown. Go back to mommy.

starman

I bet you don't even know what a virus is and how it works, clown. Go back to mommy.
:lol:

Wow you got touche quick, I know you are talking bs, that's for sure. Go back to playing doctor, be sure to ask for operation for xmas

Edit:
Here you go dummy

Last edited:

RedIan

If hes not fit De Beek should be playing... looking very very ordinary in the first 2 games.

Say Goodbye

I'm not gonna get at Pogba because he's coming back from COVID19 and I'm reliably informed that can properly f-k with your body. He's had no preseason and was run into the ground off of an injury at the tail end of last season. Then he got hit with the rona. Maybe we need to rotate him more? I'm not going to slam him for not being peak Pogba just yet.
Hopefully Van de Beek will be given a chance in the next couple of games. A lot of the time Pogba seemed to be hiding out there today

Ainu

If he's coming back from illness and there are question marks about his fitness, he should not play. It's that simple. We don't know what goes on in training but surely van de Beek is in better form than an unfit player?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He should not be playing. Is nowhere near fitness or performance wise.

Paul_Scholes18

Awful in the first two games. Easy to beat 1vs1. Passing terrible, movements terrible.
I rather play Lingard or Pereira in his role at the moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
World class my backside. All the shit I got on these boards last season about this guy and Wan Bissaka too. Both are huge issues in this team.

Pogba can have all the ability in the world but he hasn't got the brains, desire or heart to back it up.

KjaAnd

He doesn't work as a CM in a 4-2-3-1 with Matic as his partner. Both are slow and immobile. He needs someone like Kanté or Ndidi next to him to do the dirty work.

K_Ash

Even the commentator said, that position does not suit him! Again and again , we need that diamond midfield. Both Bruno and Paul must be moved up.
Question: where was Lindelof on that VAR saving penalty on Paul? what was Paul doing so deep almost acting like Maguire CB partner? deeper than Victor?
Just like Lamptey's Penalty, what was Bruno doing so deep defending in the box almost alone(Shaw)?

AshRK

He just has world class moments (that too rarely). He is not a world class player.

Classical Mechanic

As a medical professional, I'm completely convinced that COVID has screwed up his start to the season. It looks like it is still affecting his body, lots of folks who have gotten the virus have complained of persistent symptoms after "recovering" from it.

Really frustrating as a fan, but there is a medical explanation to it. VDB should start in place of him for now.
I tend to agree but then he’s played like that plenty of times before Covid-19 existed! That said, he deserves some slack, all things considered. My biggest worry is that he doesn’t work with Bruno in midfield.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Don’t think the holding role is for him, but he really is not fit right now. We have options now so don’t see why Ole is insisting to start Pogba when he’s not ready

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The thing is, healthy Pogba and covid Pogba, the difference in terms of levels isn't high

Thiagoal

If COVID is the excuse some of you are using for abysmal performances- what explains the tripe he’s served up the past three years?

MoskvaRed

It’s either a 1/10 for Pogba’s attitude or 1/10 for Ole for picking someone unfit. Either way, it has to stop next week.

sport2793

I tend to agree but then he’s played like that plenty of times before Covid-19 existed! That said, he deserves some slack, all things considered. My biggest worry is that he doesn’t work with Bruno in midfield.
Ya Pogba has never been an engine in the midfield but he showed more aggression after the restart last season. Just looks a yard off the pace now and his fatigue is contributing to his sloppy passing also.

mewnew11

He has put on weight and has also lost pace. If I were ole i would bring him on as sub andbtive him cup games to build fitness.

Ludens the Red

If he's coming back from illness and there are question marks about his fitness, he should not play. It's that simple. We don't know what goes on in training but surely van de Beek is in better form than an unfit player?
Yup , as always with Pogba the excuses will come thick and fast but like you said if he’s not right he shouldn’t be playing. His performance this week and last week were bordering on unprofessional. But you also have to ask questions of the person picking him who then leaves him on even after playing like that.

Edy2

He cannot continue to start for this club, cannot. That was absolutely horrendous today. He does not look bothered at all. He continually gives the ball away in dangerous areas, insists on trying to beat 2 or 3 men (which he cannot) before releasing and I just don't see what he is bringing to the table right now. If I was the club i'd be seriously looking to offload to anyone that would have him even at a slashed price. He is more detrimental to the team than anything else now.

KeanoMagicHat

Can't play any worse than that but looked completely gassed. Shouldn't have started either of the last two games when we just bought Van de Beek.

Coops73

I was screaming at the box to get him off for VDB at halftime, only Bissaka was worse than him for me.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Embarrassing from him.
I bet that percentage was lower than 20% in Brighton's half.

He needs to be phased out. He does nothing quickly. Anytime he gets the ball he has to do a full rotation before attempting something and that's if he's not dispossessed.

VDB can do the basics better and much faster than Pogba can and that's what we need. Quick thought.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He doesn't work as a CM in a 4-2-3-1 with Matic as his partner. Both are slow and immobile. He needs someone like Kanté or Ndidi next to him to do the dirty work.
I am sorry but we have been saying since we bought Pogba that we need to do this and that to get the best out of him. All i hear is excuses.

He is just not good enough. That is the problem.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Either Ole gets Pogba playing good or he gets rid of him. Unless he does one of those two things, it will be Ole's head rolling. And Ole knows this.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not a dm. Not fit. Why start him?
He's not a anything for us? 5th season now and people still looking for reasons and excuses as to why he's not playing well. It might be hes just not very good. Most over hyped player in memory of man. Shouldn't be getting a new deal. Isn't worth the money.

Ainu

Yup , as always with Pogba the excuses will come thick and fast but like you said if he’s not right he shouldn’t be playing. His performance this week and last week were bordering on unprofessional. But you also have to ask questions of the person picking him who then leaves him on even after playing like that.
I don't like making excuses for Pogba because we've seen these performances from him before, but he did come back from covid. I'd feel uncomfortable slating him after that. In that case it's a serious error in judgement by Solskjaer.

BulgarianDevil91

Wasn't aware informed opinions were allowed around here.

Bobski

I am sorry but we have been saying since we bought Pogba that we need to do this and that to get the best out of him. All i hear is excuses.

He is just not good enough. That is the problem.
Some of his supporters talk as if he should not have any defensive responsibilities but also shouldn't have the expectation to be highly productive going forward. What is he then? because that sounds very much like a luxury player.

I think he can play as an orthodox midfielder, and we shouldn't have to make these excuses for him.

slored1

Why the hell is he starting? He's not fit, it's obvious. Should be on the bench for the next game.

LoneStar

No excuse to start him in the next game, abysmal performance.

I understand this could be due to covid, but except for that brief bit when Jose was sacked, he’s never consistently been close to world class.It’s always something or the other that seems to be the issue, maybe it’s just because he’s shit? No questions on his natural ability, but extremely inconsistent. I’d move him on next season.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
For someone who claims to be a "medical professional" you have no idea if he had symptoms to recover from or was just asymptomatic
:nono:

"asymptomatic" is just an asumption we make, based on the most common symptoms we know the virus provoke. But there is still a lot we don't know about the virus, so he is right, covid might still be affecting Pogba

i recovered 3 months ago from a rather uneventful covid, but i keep feeling "funny" many weeks after even thought i didnt have a headache or fever or any of the typical symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.