Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Getting there. I agree that he should probably be on the bench at the weekend. He needs to build his fitness and form, and thankfully, given that we have added another capable midfielder, we are not in a situation where we are forced to play him regardless.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I agree with those saying he looks unfit. Was glaringly obvious vs Palace and Brighton (hence the early sub) and even last night he was puffing after one sprint. The lack of training / pre season because of the virus has set him back a few weeks.

I'm a big fan of his (still our best player IMO) however I'd be keen to see more bench cameos until he's match fit.

MattofManchester

25 minutes and he was breathing very heavily.

Covid is still affecting him.

For those with doubts about this, it seems to be a regular problem.

Grigor Dimitrov(Bulgarian tennis player) contracted Covid at a tournament he played.

After recovering, came back into training and was doubled over and gasping for air.

He needs time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The arm bandage covid related ?
Seen it on a few players recently.

Last edited:

L1nk

I honestly hope the fact he has had Covid hasn't done any permanent or long lasting damage, but there are a high number of reports that even after you get over Covid, it carries on into whatever organs had an issue when you had it, scarring on the lungs is highly possible. It is slightly worrying I won't lie, but hopefully he can come out of the other side

SambaBoy

Easy to come on at 2-0 was it? and play the no.10

But in saying that, playing deeper is clearly not getting the best out of him. I've said it many times but having Fernandes negates his attacking impact but somehow Fernandes contributes as much defensively as a 10 than Pogba does as a 6/8. We need to give him free rein as much as we can. The diamond may be the best way to go in terms of personnel if we can make it work. Problem is against the lesser teams, it would be a disaster due to the inability of our full-backs to attack.

But

Matic
Pogba VDB
Fernandes

Rashford Martial

Not too shabby.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Easy to come on at 2-0 was it? and play the no.10

But in saying that, playing deeper is clearly not getting the best out of him. I've said it many times but having Fernandes negates his attacking impact but somehow Fernandes contributes as much defensively as a 10 than Pogba does as a 6/8. We need to give him free rein as much as we can. The diamond may be the best way to go in terms of personnel if we can make it work. Problem is against the lesser teams, it would be a disaster due to the inability of our full-backs to attack.

But

Matic
Pogba VDB
Fernandes

Rashford Martial

Not too shabby.
A diamond with no width and just two strikers is a waste of time, this is not Serie A.

We do need a change in formation but a flat 4:3:3 would be the only one that plays more of our players to their strengths. Our current setup is more of a 4:2:4 when the whistle goes and that will fail against average midfields due to being overrun.

MikeeMike

A diamond with no width and just two strikers is a waste of time, this is not Serie A.

We do need a change in formation but a flat 4:3:3 would be the only one that plays more of our players to their strengths. Our current setup is more of a 4:2:4 when the whistle goes and that will fail against average midfields due to being overrun.
We should have more than one system that can be switched at any point. If 424 is not working , go 352. Become less predictable. Adapt to the opposition.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
30min cameo in more advanced role is the right way to use him right now.

Firstly, he is not a CM. Secondly, he's losing his breath very easily, definitely not ready to start games for us.

Very happy that he got that goal, the relief in his reaction was great to see. He needed it badly.

ChaddyP

Wait a minute that goal wasnt an own goal? Hit a player and just bearly went off the post to go in. looked miles off target before that.

Man Utd vs Tottenham

Woodenlung

This thread is going to be a bloodbath.

I'll kick it off by saying I don't think he wants to be a United player anymore. Lazy in keeping possession andd even worse in his defensive duties.

His still our most gifted player, but he's not putting in any of the effort required to be a top level performer. I used to think that we just needed the right tactics or players to around him to get the best out of him. I don't think that any longer. He'll never be world class for United.

Based Adnan

Will not care in the slightest when he decides to leave. Far too many shit performances fill up the space between the odd good ones. Hasn't shown any consistency since coming here and the hype is not warranted.

Raw

He doesn't look like he cares any more. I'm getting tired of hoping to see him get a teensy bit of consistency. Get rid while he still has value.

Josh 76

He is the cancer on the pitch.
Never rated this guy.
He is a myth.

Sanchez7

He seems to be at about half is peak physical ability and it has been clear since the first game. Why does Ole insist on picking a clearly unfit player?

YAMS49

If anyone is daft enough to buy him we should get rid. I doubt any other club are that daft though. An embarrassment.

RUCK4444

Hard to defend him after games like today, but he can’t be judged on this game in isolation, I appreciate many just don’t rate him.

He’s been shocking since the start of the season, no two ways around that and usually one of his defenders.

el3mel

Hopefully his last season here. Can't withstand him anymore.

Quick play VDB ahead of this lot. Dreadful team player.

AshRK

On most occasions he just leaves his brain in the dressing room. Brainless footballer.

predator

Youth NITK
Indefensible now. I like the man as a footballer aesthetically and his personality seems great but today was utterly abysmal.

Having said that so was everyone. Its hard to just single any one out imo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You just have to laugh at this point whenever someone claims he is world class. So far from it ffs :lol:. He's a mediocre midfielder who can do some fancy flicks. Zero intelligence and the amount he gives it away is just so infuriating. Put him on the bench and sell him for whatever we can get next year.

kundalini

Couldn't be bothered to track Aurier for their 5th goal.

Conceded penalty with stupid challenge for their 6th goal.

He's been in terrible form since the start of the season so doesn't deserve his place in the team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Give him back the captains armband, hes the only one who looked up for it
By doing backheels and roulette and refusing to pass when we're 6-1 down? Nah. He looked like a petulant child out there who was annoyed and just tried to make some highlights himself. fecking joke.

Bobski

What position in midfield exists where no defensive contribution is expected? His much talked about left of a midfield 3 role means he will be tasked to provide wide cover to the full back, or does playing him there mean a defensive LF is needed?

Clealry some way from fitness but that does not excuse all the careless and frankly lazy losses of possession.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Should no longer be starting games for us until he's shown he's actually worth it. (which I wouldn't hold my breath for)

If it wasn't for Covid he'd have probably left... And all parties would probably be better off.

mu4c_20le

By doing backheels and roulette and refusing to pass when we're 6-1 down? Nah. He looked like a petulant child out there who was annoyed and just tried to make some highlights himself. fecking joke.
Oh come on, didn't VDB pull off a scorpion back heel that almost reached Shaw in the box? I didn't see any showing off from him, and he clearly still cared about the game despite the scoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.