Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's been such a waste of time, for him and us. The circus surrounding him and his agent has been more memorable than his performances.

When we look back at the really great memories of this guy's time here they will be in very short supply unless he goes onto have a great season this year. We're looking at a slightly jammy goal in a Europa League final where Herrera and Fellaini played better games, a memorable performance against City where he lead the fight back (best memory of him by far) and a a 2-3 month spell when Ole came in and he finally started to look like the player we wanted him to be and which got him in the PFA team of the season. It didn't last long.

Five years and that's really it isn't it?! :(
In the last five years, what players have consistently delivered more great memories? De Gea? Even he’s shit all over those with his last two seasons.

I despair at anyone who thinks the way forward for United is to continually sell their better players, because they are the ones who attract the biggest disappointment. We’ll be here with Bruno before the end of the 2021/22 season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In the last five years, what players have consistently delivered more great memories? De Gea? Even he’s shit all over those with his last two seasons.
I despair at anyone who thinks the way forward for United is to continually sell their better players, because they are the ones who attract the biggest disappointment. We’ll be here with Bruno before the end of the 2021/22 season.
Pogba has never been one of our better players :confused:

Stretender

Dude Pogba is not our best player by any stretch of imagination.

Based on talent, he should be the best player. But he is not.

Mason Greenwood is a more important player for Manchester United than Pogba.

Move him on. Buy Sancho, a CDM and Haaland. We can't be talking about Pogba forever.

With him it's all about what he can do rather than what he does. Let him move on . When Ronaldo left I wasn't happy. With Pogba it won't affect me whatsoever.

Ceteris

It's funny with the personal attacks: he's a virus, egotistical blah blah blah. We United have failed to utilise this guy big time. Pogba now just get the ball pass to Bruno.

We spent all that money for a player who was given the freedom to be near the opposition box, creating and scoring goals, his game against City, spurs x2, all the goals and assists were not from him been a deep lying midfielder.

Pirlo and Marchisio allowed Pogba that freedom to get forward.
That's the player we bought, so what's the point trying to turn him into something else.

We do that a lot lately at United. We expect AWB to play like Cafu but was he really that player at Palace? The answer is No.

Reactions: Fortitude

ovoxo

I think he’ll end up back at Juve. Madrid will want Mbappe and Camavinga.

The question is, who do you bring in? VDB could be the replacement but we need an extra body if Pogba goes, a quality one at that to offer rotation. Plus we need a Matic replacement.

Skills

Snitch

The question is, who do you bring in? VDB could be the replacement but we need an extra body if Pogba goes, a quality one to offer rotation. Plus we need a Matic replacement.
I said earlier, he should look at Man City. He'd slot in perfectly into the gap Silva has left. Guardiolas good enough to make it work with him and Dr Bruyne.

El Zoido

I said earlier, he should look at Man City. He'd slot in perfectly into the gap Silva has left. Guardiolas good enough to make it work with him and Dr Bruyne.
We won’t sell him to City and Pep will have left by the time his contract is up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pogba has never been one of our better players :confused:
Course he has, he's pretty much consistenly been our best player since he got here. He was streets ahead of any of our other outfield players until Fernandes arrived. It's telling of the quality we've had that Pogba has been so hot and cold and yet has still been our best player in that time.

Zen86

Course he has, he's pretty much consistenly been our best player since he got here. He was streets ahead of any of our other outfield players until Fernandes arrived. It's telling of the quality we've had that Pogba has been so hot and cold and yet has still been our best player in that time.
He really hasn’t.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Won't have a choice with his contract running down. We'd take £40m from city rather than him leaving for free.
We’ve extended it for a year. £40m in his final year would be absurd — Chelsea got nearly quadruple that for Hazard.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Mate, you are wasting your time trying to convince people with such irrational distain for an individual. Anyone who believes that United already possess anyone at the club who can slot in and deliver what Pogba has, or that United have consistently proven the ability to sign players of that calibre, is naive.

If United cannot get Pogba delivering again and signed to a long-term deal, there isn’t no happy ending from this one. United aren’t going to sign a better midfielder who can contribute more than Pogba has done over the last four seasons. It’s the Brexit delusion over again: tearing everything up is not going to leave you better placed.

luke511

The question is, who do you bring in? VDB could be the replacement but we need an extra body if Pogba goes, a quality one at that to offer rotation. Plus we need a Matic replacement.
Fred replaces Pogba in the starting line up, we have VDB, McTominay and Fernandes that can play that position as back up to Fred as well. We just need a no.6 to replace Matic in the squad.

Jonty

Pogba has only ever played well in flashes, even in his most memorable game, the comeback against City, he had been anonymous in the first half. He is a spoilt brat, committed to United when the team turned things round last season (no thanks to him) then a poor start to the season and he's batting his eyelashes at Real. To quote Eamon Dunphy, he's "a cod".

jamesjimmybyrondean

We’ve extended it for a year. £40m in his final year would be absurd — Chelsea got nearly quadruple that for Hazard.
That's what we will likely get though. The Hazard deal has proven to be a terrible one and no buying club will want to repeat it.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Whatever it takes to get rid of him. I actually like the guy, but it simply isnt going to work here. Tired of talking about it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh please.
He has never consistently been 'one of our better players', else it would be universally agreed. Even in the one season where he delivered OK personal numbers, it was because the entire system was built around him, the team was instructed to give him the ball wherever possible, so his numbers got vastly inflated.

When Pogba leaves (and the day can come soon enough) there will be no sorrow, or fear that we have a gap in our team or memories on how he led us to famous victories. He is already easy replaceable and will be soon forgotten as easily as players like Schneiderlin or DiMaria.

monosierra

It will be in his own interest to play well and convince the Real board to sanction a purchase, considering he has plenty of rivals to join that team. Setting aside his inability to influence games here, whatever training regime or tactics we are deploying isn't getting the best out of our team outside a couple of good runs of games.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Hoping he is sold in January and the money is used to bring in a top attacking player. His name on the teamsheet looks better and people feel better seeing it because of his ability, but it rarely makes a difference in practice.

He just doesn’t produce even close to enough.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not rating him and wanting sold is ok as far as I'm concerned. However the continous insults some fans take pleasure in saying will always be weird to me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not rating him and wanting sold is ok as far as I'm concerned. However the continous insults some fans take pleasure in saying will always be weird to me.
I think not rating him was still a problem. I got a fair bit of stick for simply not thinking he was that good for us.

K_Ash

don't get those headlines..one day it is Real Madrid then the next day it is Barcelona. Why are folks always looking to tarnish his name? insult him? makes zero sense(or the hate has always been strong). Anyway:
We cannot continuously just waste all this talent.With his style of play, in the ePL, it all comes down to his positioning.
Either you use him properly or sell him to Real and watch him dominate as a 8(on the left, to replace Kroos) with a Casimero protecting his play.
No more picking up the ball facing DDG by the box. No more of that stuff. His style of play is obviously too risky in that zone.
He cannot be playing at DM in the ePL, with his style of play & talent and that has been clear. Play him as 8 or 10 or sell him!

Shark

@NotShark
The way I see it with Pogba, he's never going to be the world class CM we thought we were getting from Juve. However if he's mentally focused he can be a good player capable of a few WC performances here and there. That's perfectly fine if he was focused more often, I think most are at peace at this point with him not being a Toure/Scholes type midfielder that could score a fair amount of goals as well as assist. I certainly don't expect that of him now but I also don't expect his bottom level to be so bad either.

Last edited:

Stretender

don't get those headlines..one day it is Real Madrid then the next day it is Barcelona. Why are folks always looking to tarnish his name? insult him? makes zero sense(or the hate has always been strong). Anyway:
We cannot continuously just waste all this talent.With his style of play, in the ePL, it all comes down to his positioning.
Either you use him properly or sell him to Real and watch him dominate as a 8(on the left, to replace Kroos) with a Casimero protecting his play.
No more picking up the ball facing DDG by the box. No more of that stuff. His style of play is obviously too risky in that zone.
He cannot be playing at DM in the ePL, with his style of play & talent and that has been clear. Play him as 8 or 10 or sell him!
He can get lost. How many times have you played that record? I would rather have Lee Cattermole in that midfield than Pogba.

Let him go and achieve his dreams.

If he is a good midfielder, he will win major trophies at another club. It won't be here. Good luck to him.

Let's focus on what works for Manchester United not what we think could work.

TsuWave

The way I see it with Pogba, he's never going to be the world class CM we thought we were getting from Juve. However if he's mentally focused he can be a good player capable of a few WC performances here and there. That's perfectly fine if he was focused more often, I think most are at peace at this point with him not being a Toure/Scholes type midfielder that could score a fair amount of goals as well as assist. I certainly don't expect that of him now but I also don't expect his bottom level to be so bad at times.
Toure is arguably the best midfielder to play in the prem. Besides, him and Pogba play nothing alike. Same with Scholes.

I don’t think that anyone that has watched Pogba play at United can genuinely say he doesn’t create or struggles to assist with the amount of chances he has created that our forwards have failed to convert. Now he’s playing a deeper role as Bruno plays in front, of course he’s not going to be assisting or creating as much :confused:

LJJT

I think we would all be more tolerant of him if he looked like he really tried his best every game. Worse players have been loved cos they put their heart and soul in to it. He’s so up and down his average performances are 5/10. Not good enough sadly

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Toure is arguably the best midfielder to play in the prem. Besides, him and Pogba play nothing alike. Same with Scholes.

I don’t think that anyone that has watched Pogba play at United can genuinely say he doesn’t create or struggles to assist with the amount of chances he has created that our forwards have failed to convert. Now he’s playing a deeper role as Bruno plays in front, of course he’s not going to be assisting or creating as much :confused:
Blasphemy

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I expect we'll get around £40m next summer and loads of stories of threats to leave for nothing in 2022.

K_Ash

He can get lost. How many times have you played that record? I would rather have Lee Cattermole in that midfield than Pogba.

Let him go and achieve his dreams.

If he is a good midfielder, he will win major trophies at another club. It won't be here. Good luck to him.

Let's focus on what works for Manchester United not what we think could work.
did he or his brothers steal your girlfriend or something? why so much unnecessary venom?

Irwin99

I'd say Bruno has already equaled Pogba's length for a sustained period of really top performances and he's only been here less than a year. I'd say Herrera 16/17, DDG for a few years, Zlatan 16/17, Martial 19/20 have all had better individual seasons than Pogba in his time here. Unpopular opinion but I also think Valencia had a couple of very solid seasons at full back and was very consistent. Also when you pay 80 million for a world class player you expect a bit more and for him to outperform or lead his teammates. As I said, there's such a lack of fond memories for such a gifted player. If I break his seasons down here I can say that's it's been really disappointing:

16/17 mixed first season, a few flashes of talent here and there, got a lot of stick from the media but wasn't all that bad. Herrera and Zlatan were pretty clear candidates for our POTY award. Weirdly, I think his only two career games against Liverpool were in this season and he was bad in both of them. Scores in the Europa League final in an average/decent performance.
17/18 starts the season well. Gets injured for a month or so. Has huge row with Jose, benched for McTom. Media circus ensues. Puts in his most memorable game in a United shirt in the 3-2 win over City. Misses a great chance in the FA cup final.
18/19 Dropped pretty quickly after the first few games. Media circus all over again. Best performances come when Ole arrives and he finally starts to look like the player we hoped we signed. Looks exhausted like the rest of the team towards the end of the season. A slightly generous first inclusion in the PFA team of the year.
19/20 Midfield partnership with McTominay looks ultra naff in the first few games of the season. Injured. Comes back after a long period out. Puts in some solid performances with Bruno being the main man.
20/21 Slow first few games but I think we should cut him some slack over the Covid issue and it has only been 4 games. Drops another hint about Real Madrid being a dream.

That's genuinely it for his time that I can remember. The majority of it has been more about him actually leaving than playing well for Manchester United.

Really?! Apart from that 2-3 month spell under Ole it baffles me how how anyone can think he's been consistently our best player. As i said before, apart from that little period, it's the complete lack of any sustained greatness from him where he's looked absolute class.

Status
Not open for further replies.