6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

There was one pass he should have made better to Van De Beek to put him one on one but apart from that I agree, good cameo.
Need to see the replay on that, the pass seemed grand. Looked like Van De Beek wasn't on his toes for it.

Again though need to see another angle.

The subs changed the game anyway.

Last edited:

DickDastardly

Didn’t put a foot wrong. We were better with him.
Yes he did.

A couple of them in the short time he was on the pitch.

Got mugged in his half by Jonjo ffs.

Also pulled on the shirt, that's a booking in any game. Got away with it. In a stupid position.

The ball for VDB should have been better.

Lazy. Not good enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair play to Paul, turned the game around.

he looked a bit sharper today probably helped that he came from the bench. Maybe he should be an impact player for a little bit until he gets fully fit again?

when he’s on the pitch though you can see the quality difference.

he and VDB need to play way more often.

TsuWave

Yes he did.

A couple of them in the short time he was on the pitch.

Got mugged in his half by Jonjo ffs.

Also pulled on the shirt, that's a booking in any game. Got away with it. In a stupid position.

The ball for VDB should have been better.

Lazy. Not good enough.
:lol:

RUCK4444

Soon as we subbed him on we started scoring... game changer. :wenger:

Nah, he looked a touch better than recently, thats not hard though as he was woeful first few games, hopefully he’s now up to speed.

Walters_19_MuFc

Felt he was ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Be interesting to see if he starts against PSG, where you'd expect us to have less of the ball.

DickDastardly

Yeah, laugh all you want.

Just prior to the Bruno goal, he loses the ball from the throw, gets on the wrong side of the player, pulls on him and eventually the advantage gets taken away.

Pulling from behind, that's usually a yellow.
Do it in the first 20 minutes, and you have a midfielder with a tendency to lose the ball with a yellow for the rest of the game.

That's just lazy. And stupid.

I say keep him on the bench.

el3mel

Better to keep him as a bench option whenever we need more attacking threat. Going forward it's better to have an compact midfield with Bruno ahead of them than to sacrifice midfield completely just to attack.

Love or hate it at the moment we can't play with Bruno and Pogba together and leave Matic/Fred/Scot alone in front of defense. Pogba's only position in Ole's 4-2-3-1 plan is the same one as Bruno, and I know who I'll choose to play.

So bench option it's then.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was useful to our attacking play. Not really sure why people are questioning his performance today.

Jonno

Decent when coming on. I can’t help but think we’re planning for a future without him come the end of the season. He’s not indispensable

Litch

Can't play with Bruno, leaves us far too open defensively. Good cameo but Newcastle were there finished by the time he came on...

TsuWave

He was useful to our attacking play. Not really sure why people are questioning his performance today.
Indoctrination. Most football fans like feeling like they’re a part of something. For whatever reason people seem to bond over criticising this guy. I can’t understand how anyone watched that game and are in this thread raging, yet here we are.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I was mentally reassured when I saw Pogba out of the team as he is a defensive liability and creates pressure for our defence. And despite the freaky start, our very successful pre lockdown midfield and defence were reassuringly good in first half and had such a great work ethic and cohesion.

He did OK after he came on, but that was because we were on top, Newcastle were tiring and the game was stretched, giving Pogba more time and space. Maybe this is his immediate future role, until he bucks his ideas up.

Personally Id be happy without him for the near future. Let him earn his way back into the 1st team.

TsuWave

Can't play with Bruno, leaves us far too open defensively. Good cameo but Newcastle were there finished by the time he came on...
The score was 1-1 and DDG had just made a couple worldie saves...

Godfather

He did OK after he came on, but that was because we were on top, Newcastle were tiring and the game was stretched, giving Pogba more time and space. Maybe this is his immediate future role, until he bucks his ideas up.

Personally Id be happy without him for the near future. Let him earn his way back into the 1st team.
Your point is? He did well. Give it a rest

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The score was 1-1 and DDG had just made a couple worldie saves...
I actually think by the time Pogba & VDB came on - Bruno was playing deeper/ wider as a LCM/LM with Pogba and there partnership looks much stronger than when Bruno plays as our CAM and Pogba is on the complete opposite side doing the opposite thing as a CDM. Bruno looks isolated at times when Pogba is stuck playing deep.

Today both were playing more free and helping in synergy to create things from CM positions (Mctomminay was deeper), wider positions and both were able to get forward. Quick one two passes within the two and each has the ability to make a long distance pass aswell.

It was really good to watch & something I want to see more of - have two creative CM in our team rather than one all the way up the pitch as an AM and the other one all the way down and deeper playing as a CDM next to another CDM.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He's gotta be worried that as soon as Donny came on we completely clicked in the final third and he was too far away to have any real impact on the goals we scored to win the game. Still have no idea what the point of him is in a deeper role apart from being late to the opposition a few times and passing it around a little bit when he's given time. If he's happy playing this role then sign him on for another 5 years.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's gotta be worried that as soon as Donny came on we completely clicked in the final third and he was too far away to have any real impact on the goals we scored to win the game. Still have no idea what the point of him is in a deeper role apart from being late to the opposition a few times and passing it around a little bit when he's given time. If he's happy playing this role then sign him on for another 5 years.
This

Red00012

When he has the ball at his feet unchallenged and can look what’s ahead of him he’s excellent.

When he has the ball at his feet and been challenged but thinks he’s too good not to lose possesion he’s poor .

When he doesn’t have the ball and hes trying to regain possession he’s woeful .

Simply put stop playing him in a fecking double pivot .
His attributes are on the oppositions side of the pitch not ours.

I actually think he could be played on the left , I remember him playing there at goodison a few years back with Martial up top they were devastating that day.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I didn't think he was anything special and actually had a few infuriating moments the short time he was on. What's more concerning is that Mata is putting in performances better than anything I've seen from Pogba in ages. Yet here we have people talking about Pogba turning the game around.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
he looked a bit sharper today probably helped that he came from the bench. Maybe he should be an impact player for a little bit until he gets fully fit again?
when he’s on the pitch though you can see the quality difference. he and VDB need to play way more often.
No!
When Bruno, Donny and Mata were interacting pass and move, waltzing through Newcastle entire team to score the best team goal of the season, it made me question again ‘what is the point of Pogba’.

With Bruno, Donny and the occasional resurgent Mata, I can’t see where Pogba fits in, without increasing our defensive problems. It was so reassuring to see McT and Fred play double pivot and not weaken our defence.

so If Pogba’s can’t play in double pivot, and Donny and Bruno will be boss further up, where does Pogba fit in?

super sub is fine until we sack him in the winter window.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
We have finally found a way to get the best out of him.

Play him as an impact sub against tired legs. MCT and Fred put in a better shift today .

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is actually very good options from the bench, turns the game around and we look unstoppable after he came on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No!
When Bruno, Donny and Mata were interacting pass and move, waltzing through Newcastle entire team to score the best team goal of the season, it made me question again ‘what is the point of Pogba’.

With Bruno, Donny and the occasional resurgent Mata, I can’t see where Pogba fits in, without increasing our defensive problems. It was so reassuring to see McT and Fred play double pivot and not weaken our defence.

so If Pogba’s can’t play in double pivot, and Donny and Bruno will be boss further up, where does Pogba fit in?

super sub is fine until we sack him in the winter window.
We'll sack him alright. It's why his contract is extended, just to be sacked

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

when he’s on the pitch though you can see the quality difference.

he and VDB need to play way more often.
Seems a bit much.

Andersonson

I agree with those who say it was a bad cameo. He used 15 min to do something useful. He got mugged in midfield, but in the last 4min when he got alot of space and time he was good. First 15min was meh

Status
Not open for further replies.