Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's definitely getting to a point where we'll need to sell soon.

We've exhausted every way of playing him, and are now entertaining the idea of him playing wide and further forward.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Its now blatantly clear that Pogba isn't very good. He helped cost Mourinho his job at the club,
That rubbish again. Pogba had literally been our best player that season at the time Mourinho was fired. The reason I say he'd been our best player was that he'd at least been good 50% of the time, which was a hell of a lot more than any other player in our team for the first half of that season. Mourinho cost himself the job, no more and no less.

MattofManchester

I disagree with some of you. I thought he came on and was very good. Offered more than Bruno, didn't give the ball away, didn't slow the game down, tried to involve himself in play and didn't shy away.
Watched him ask Rashford to make a run for the pass, he didn't, then watched him make the run himself and then instead Shaw passed it backwards ffs.

He showed a lot more composure and steadiness, even willingness to work.

There were many other players who deserve a bashing for today and he is not one of them.

Bobski

Decent 30 but he was clearly better when he moved a little deeper to take over the prompting after they readjusted. The thing about Pogba being a 10 or a pure attacking midfielder is that in his current condition he simply doesn't have the running power to makes the necessary runs, so automatically drops off to get the ball deep.

Kag

I think he looks completely disinterested at the moment. Bereft of ideas and intuition. It’s really weird, in truth.

Devil may care

Didn't have as big of an impact as I'd hoped, I wish Ole had left Bruno central and played Pogba on the left.

spiriticon

I think we are getting closer to the point where we can sell him and just give VdB more chances.

He can't really play deep lying and he isn't as good as Bruno behind the forward line.

Walters_19_MuFc

Decent 30 but he was clearly better when he moved a little deeper to take over the prompting after they readjusted. The thing about Pogba being a 10 or a pure attacking midfielder is that in his current condition he simply doesn't have the running power to makes the necessary runs, so automatically drops off to get the ball deep.
I'd disagree. When Ole first took over at United and Pogba played further forward, he scored a few goals which certainly showed he has got that in his locker.

cyberman

Played well. Should have been on from the start if we knew Chelsea would be so passive

OrcaFat

He was okay when he came on but I hope for more from this guy. But Chelsea were really packing the D which made it difficult for him. I think he is getting back toward being a useful player again. The problem is getting the balance of the team right and the debate about where to play him and Bruno is going to run on. I am not into the idea of playing either of them out wide and possibly there ain’t room for both of them in the team. Tricky.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
From 90mil midfielder to being substitute to Scott Mctominay. Who is at fault? Him? Manager? I don't know but keeping him on the bench is not long term solution. He has ability to be our best player. If he can't or doesn't want to be that then time to sell him in january.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Played well. Should have been on from the start if we knew Chelsea would be so passive
He was introduced in the exactly right moment, when Chelsea lost/gave up control over midfield. I think he played well, but again Bruno was shifted to the right what makes you think if it's really worth it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope he starts in a 3 alongside Matic and Van de Beek midweek in a 352. He's looking to get more involved and playing with more purpose these last few games, and we definitely need to rotate Bruno/Fred/Mctominay and Rashford.

Long term I can see us using a diamond this season so we can use all of Bruno/Pogba and Van de beek in mid, with 2 of our 4 strikers up top still.

DickDastardly

From 90mil midfielder to being substitute to Scott Mctominay. Who is at fault? Him? Manager? I don't know but keeping him on the bench is not long term solution. He has ability to be our best player. If he can't or doesn't want to be that then time to sell him in january.
If had the ability to BE our best player, he would have shown it by now.
It's not like he's just started playing for us.

It's been 4 years and a 100 games.

People seem to forget that way too often.

Besides, since he and Cavani came on, we were worse.
Only when Greenwood came that we started making chances.

He has zero impact on the game. Couple of passes, zero one two's, teammates who don't wanna pass to him (he's always too close to the opposition player because he loves the contact).

I've seen nothing that would put him in the first 11.

Next time - give the 30 minutes to VDB, see what's he has to offer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was okay... Didn't add the impotus that he did in Paris though. Its like he saw the speed of the game from the bench and thought "I can match that no problem"... And then did.

Will Singh

If him playing means Bruno gets shifted then I’d rather we sell him. Yes Bruno wasn’t the best today bet he’s usually consultant where as with Pogba you don’t know what your going to get!

Mr Smith

I see no point in keeping him. It's not the manager. Even Jose couldn't get him to work. Sell him.
It's definitely getting to a point where we'll need to sell soon.

We've exhausted every way of playing him, and are now entertaining the idea of him playing wide and further forward.
I think he looks completely disinterested at the moment. Bereft of ideas and intuition. It’s really weird, in truth.
You lot are out of your minds. He was excellent when he came on; offered more creativity and composure on the ball than anyone else up until that point. To criticise him after that just blatantly exposes your own agendas.

K_Ash

I didn't get what OGS tried to do with him this time. His positioning seemed all over the place, thankfully mostly not as a DM. We saw it on Tuesday, like we have always known: That left slightly advanced midfield position is his best position. Fitting perfectly with Bruno as a 10 between the 2 Forwards. But OGS decisions making ?!?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
You lot are out of your minds. He was excellent when he came on; offered more creativity and composure on the ball than anyone else up until that point. To criticise him after that just blatantly exposes your own agendas.
Nah. He wasn't bad but he wasn't particularly good, either.

MAME DIOUF 32

Is it 3 or 4 years now? Still don't understand his position. Just let him go. We have no idea how to get the best from him and never have done.

Web of Bissaka

:lol:

What did he do wrong today?
Nothing, just not good enough, typical performance really.

I actually thought he came on and played well.
Yup same.
Much better in attacking positions.

But I understand people's frustrations a lil bit. We're expecting more and too much from him really. And that is the problem - Pogba doesn't always deliver. How many seasons has it been now? too many to finally realize it by now.

I don't get why he doesn't play on either of the two wings, and instead Ole shafted Bruno there instead.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How can you judge an "agenda" having read one post from someone?! Lazy beyond belief.

I've probably made 200 posts about Pogba in his time here and most are along the lines of saying he's our best talent and it would be crazy to sell.

To now start pondering if it's soon to be time to sell, with about 18months on his contract left and seeing how we struggle to get the most out of him, isn't an agenda of any type. It's a reasoned change of mind over time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I didn't get what OGS tried to do with him this time. His positioning seemed all over the place, thankfully mostly not as a DM. We saw it on Tuesday, like we have always known: That left slightly advanced midfield position is his best position. Fitting perfectly with Bruno as a 10 between the 2 Forwards. But OGS decisions making ?!?
Ole wanted to survive until the whistle, that was the game plan since kick off. Pogba was free floating midfielder (what he always is to be honest). But Bruno on the right? Rashford dropping deep? Not-fit Cavani ahead of Greenwood?

I'd give Pogba a chance in midfield ahead of Fred or McTominay, but only against team which will not press us. Other than that, he'll be a sub for Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.