6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

I think it’s a bit romantic to attribute those goals to him. Against Newcastle we were on top all game and he didn’t touch the ball a single time in any of the three goals we scored when he was on the pitch. He‘s been mostly pretty good when he’s come on but let’s be realistic about his impact.
It's all a small sample to take much out of it. I could also point to last season post-lockdown when we were scoring goals for fun with him in the side but that form wasn't sustainable either. I think Ole is yet to find the right balance in the midfield and Fred-Mctm isn't the solution long-term either.

lex talionis

I love Pogba the footballer but I can’t deny that he looks a fish out of water for us. If you were to tally his skills and athleticism he’s easily our best player, Bruno notwithstanding, but turning his attributes into dominance on the pitch is beyond him, at least for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The reason I'm not a fan who has a go at Pogba is because he clearly hasnt got the chance to play under an attacking manager at United.

4231 for Jose, 4231 double pivot for Ole.

Is a 'free roam' player or a luxury player another word ford an attacking player?

If he doesnt want to be here then dont force him to stay, but selling him as a luxury player that never got his luxury isnt exactly right either.

I see this with Martial too. Some fans want him out for a predatory striker but is he being used to the best of his ability?

I'm not an Ole out fan because I like the way he builds the squad - but there is a clear difference between fitting players to fit a managers non flexible formation compared to a manager that changes his formation to fit the players at their disposal.

Our managers have only come here with a ready made idea of how they want to play and stick the players in it to guide them to failure.

Jose, Ole, Pochettino will and have been the same. The style of football can be inforced in to a squad like we see with Klopp, Pep and even LVG's need to use possession or pressing football- this gives us a identity but that's different to sticking to a formation and needing players fit that shape.

MattofManchester

I want him to go because our side is changing now, if we signed a more creative Herrera type instead of Bruno, Pogba would still be in his favoured left CM slot, but instead we signed Bruno and Pogba and him struggle to add balance playing together.

Also, that the fan base can't stand him anymore no matter what he does and that wouldn't be a healthy place to stay. Pogba could score 100 goals in 2 games and people would still say it's not enough and bring up past performances.

Time to go.

Chief123

Rumours doing the rounds on Twitter that he’s retired from international football! Amazing if true!

cyberman

Apparently due to their presidents comments aboit Islamic terrorism.
Our players could be fecking saints with the activisms theyre at.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
"When you've got good players it's a nice challenge and a decision to make when you've got good players on the bench that can come on and impact the game," Solskjaer said. "I think Paul, all three games this week, he's really come on and made a very positive impact.
"He's been out for a while with coronavirus this summer, so he's getting better and better and maybe more his shape. Maybe I was unfair to him starting him that early in the first few games but he's coming on and he's done great when he's come on."
If he is still suffering from the effects of Covid-19 which impacted his early performances as Ole suggests, then I owe him an apology for criticism so far this season. It also makes Ole’s refusal to start Van de Beek all the more baffling.

Hope Pogba is back to full fitness very soon and then let’s see what contribution he makes.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Macron will apologise and he'll revoke the retirement. There's no way Pogba is turning his back on a major trophy when it's potentially the only one he has a chance to win in the next few years.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Can't believe that's true. Macron's not popular but that would be a very contentious decision.

Khalif_20

Macron will apologise and he'll revoke the retirement. There's no way Pogba is turning his back on a major trophy when it's potentially the only one he has a chance to win in the next few years.
Obviously. Macron won't risk the wrath of millions of French people who see Paul as their cultural icon and inspiration.

I know that this is not a forum for politics, but everyone should take a second and consider the schocking state of Macron's hateful fascism when Paul is willing to sacrifice his stellar NT career standing up against it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Macron is a bitch but I don't think that those rumors are true. Just clickbait.
France has always had racist and islamophobic politicians (not saying Macron is but talking in general) so I don't think it would impact him that much

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Makes me laugh that you guys instantly believe anything the Sun says :lol: have you not learnt anything by now?

No wonder so many people get upset when they read BS in the papers.

Andersonson

Macron said that it was islamist extremism that killed the teacher who was beheaded after he gave images of the prophet Muhammad to schoolchildren in his class.

If Pogba quits because of that, he's an idiot. But this cant be true

Red Star One

The Sun at it's finest. But I don't even think French team would miss him so much, their talent in the midfield is ridiculous

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Even if he has quit, which I doubt he has, imagine the fireworks and spectacular entrance he can make when he performs a u turn and returns to the national team.

Ladron de redcafe

Paul Pogba might be the most polarizing player we've had at the club.

I'm not sure what it is that elicits such hatred from some people because he's clearly an extremely talented player who - by all accounts- is a consummate teammate and is loved by everyone he plays with.

A lot of the criticism seems inane. When he plays really well, we see a bunch of posts by his detractors criticising him and saying "why don't we see this every match" instead if praising our player for his performance. When he doesn't have his best game, we see vitriolic rancor, as if this man stole someone's money.

United fans have always been hailed for their support of their own, whether it's current or ex players. That's always been what separates this fanbase from most. But recently, that's regressed. Whether that's due to the club's on-the-pitch decline and people's concomitant dismay or negativity, I'm not sure. But this is a genuine world class player and he's the only member of the club who seems to get criticized by a select few, no matter what he does.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to see Paul getting serious with these low lifes.

He usually just lets them ramble on and make up whatever they like - but clearly this is too far. We know he takes his religion seriously and this has clearly tipped him over the edge.

Grande

Nice to see Paul getting serious with these low lifes.

He usually just lets them ramble on and make up whatever they like - but clearly this is too far. We know he takes his religion seriously and this has clearly tipped him over the edge.
I agree with him on this, it’s a really low and serious level of lying, The S*n misusing the protection of journalism to undermine both journalism itself and the people they write about. Like filming in football, the only way to get rid of it is to find ways of separating wilful dishonesty from serious journalism. It’s not easy or fool proof, but it’s completely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.