Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OleTheGreat

Modric,Thiago,Kroos...All miles better than 80m PP
Pogba is definitely a good player, in fact he is one of the best passers in the game. I don't know what's going on with him but I hope he gets back to his best. He's been trying hard and I can see it. I hope he continues that way until things start going his way again.

jackal&hyde

Pogba is definitely a good player, in fact he is one of the best passers in the game. I don't know what's going on with him but I hope he gets back to his best. He's been trying hard and I can see it. I hope he continues that way until things start going his way again.
He had a major injury last season needing an operation, had no pre season this season, had COVID on top of that, an injury after that. That sequence of events might have an effect on a player.

brzez

As a noob, you decided that while being in a limited posting situation this is a post you need to make: a situation in a game no, not even that, a picture. You thought to yourself, yes god damn it, I need to get noticed, and this is the way.
Yeah sure buddy, that's exactly how I thought. And still, a picture is worth a thousand words. So please explain to me how a player that's on 290k per week can't spot that pass.

Hammondo

That's kinda all he has though, very good passing.

Strelok

Since he signed for United Bruno has scored more goals from open play than any other midfielder in the Premier League.

Now carry on telling us about how Pogba gets unfair criticism....
In case people is not aware even McT scored 4 goals in the PL and Pogba had one last season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
In case people is not aware even McT scored 4 goals in the PL and Pogba had one last season.
That’s been the most disappointing thing for me. I didn’t expect an incredibly diligent, hard working CM. But I did expect him to make a difference at the sharp end. It’s not ideal when one of Scotland’s centre-backs has been looking like more of a goal threat.

jackal&hyde

Yeah sure buddy, that's exactly how I thought. And still, a picture is worth a thousand words. So please explain to me how a player that's on 290k per week can't spot that pass.
I can show you 10 000 pictures of our great players that have made the wrong pass. I can show videos of our greatest that were silly to do the move that they made.

So again, as a nube, how insignificant do you think your contribution can be?

Duafc

Village Lemon
I can show you 10 000 pictures of our great players that have made the wrong pass. I can show videos of our greatest that were silly to do the move that they made.

Nubes and noobs really have a right to post largely whatever they like with their allocated number of posts per day.

You may disagree with his opinion but it’s a valid one and going on about his posting privileges and spelling noob a different way each time certainly makes one of you look foolish.

jackal&hyde

Nubes and noobs really have a right to post largely whatever they like with their allocated number of posts per day.

You may disagree with his opinion but it’s a valid one and going on about his posting privileges and spelling noob a different way each time certainly makes one of you look foolish.
I disagree but did I even come across that he or anyone else should not express any and all opinions? All opinions are valid in as much as they can be sustained on a piece of paper. Any and all opinions made public on line, or on a piece of paper are open to scrutiny.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I think he has difficulty with spelling as it should be Jeykll and Hyde.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I disagree but did I even come across that he or anyone else should not express any and all opinions? All opinions are valid in as much as they can be sustained on a piece of paper. Any and all opinions made public on line, or on a piece of paper are open to scrutiny.
It just came off to me that you seemed to suggest his opinion was lesser as a ‘nube’ and that you think he should try harder with his x posts per day because they don’t align with your opinion of Pogba.

Which seemed pretty condescending.

tomaldinho1

I think he's too inconsistent with his passing to be labelled as one of the best in the world. For every worldy cross field ball or clever dink, there's a wayward shocker or misplaced simple pass.

I see him as a great all rounder - someone who can do everything but I don't think he's world class in any one role. If you asked me to pick a DM, CM or AM for a range of tactical systems, I doubt he'd be first choice for anyone because he's competing with guys who are worse overall players but much better in their roles (Kante for example is nowhere near as good all round as Pogba but much better as a DM, Modric obviously doesn't have his athleticism or physicality but you'd take Modric over him every time as a CM) I feel his whole career since joining us has been about trying to fit a system around him and never been simply to put him in a role and let him stay in that role.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I don't really get the whole Pogba defence, and the Bruno vs Pogba thing going on. Surely we can all acknowledge that Pogba has flattered to deceive since he arrived, and the level of criticism he's getting now is just a reflection of his declining importance in the squad, combined with the poor performances and the incessant flirting with other clubs.
This is sadly not true, there are certain people who keep trotting out excuse after excuse after excuse, Hes played out of position, his teammates arent good enough, Its the managers fault, Injuries, covid, ley lines, His chakras are out of alignment, the feng shui in his house is all wrong, he is on the blob blah blah blah, rather than just admit he has been vastly underwhelming for four years and in less than one season Bruno has shown him up. Its latter day Rooney all over again, the only difference being that Rooney had at least done enough for us in the past to warrant that kind of defence.

jackal&hyde

It just came off to me that you seemed to suggest his opinion was lesser as a ‘nube’ and that you think he should try harder with his x posts per day because they don’t align with your opinion of Pogba.

Which seemed pretty condescending.
This is a post that I think has little to nothing to do with the thread. Why?

Strelok

He had a major injury last season needing an operation, had no pre season this season, had COVID on top of that, an injury after that. That sequence of events might have an effect on a player.
Absolutely agreed. He can barely run now.

And don't worry about my posting limit, I'm a full member.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Last season Pogba really didn’t play too much did he? I think he made 16 starts over the whole season. This season has barley started. Perhaps we go back to the last full season Pogba played? Or look at the fact Scotty McT has scored 8 goals in 94 appearances and Pogba scored double that in his last full season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You can’t say he has zero awareness when some of his passes are some of the best you will see. He is just far too inconsistent
He has incredible ability and that's why he can pick out the special passes however his football brain is lacking which he makes a lot of poor decisions especially in games where there's a lack of space. It's why he's not a playmaker in the truest sense. The sharpest football minds are able to figure things out quicker than others. Like Messi for example, there are times when I can't fathom what he does and the speed at which he does it. With Pogba ok the other hand you can tell that his football brain is lacking and doesn't match his technical brilliance.

Strelok

Last season Pogba really didn’t play too much did he? I think he made 16 starts over the whole season. This season has barley started. Perhaps we go back to the last full season Pogba played? Or look at the fact Scotty McT has scored 8 goals in 94 appearances and Pogba scored double that in his last full season.
Last season McT played 1771'. Pogba had 1204'.

Season 2018/2019 Pogba played 3011', scored 13 goals (7 pens) . McT played 860' scored 2 goals (0 pen)

Toad

He has incredible ability and that's why he can pick out the special passes however his football brain is lacking which he makes a lot of poor decisions especially in games where there's a lack of space. It's why he's not a playmaker in the truest sense. The sharpest football minds are able to figure things out quicker than others. Like Messi for example, there are times when I can't fathom what he does and the speed at which he does it. With Pogba ok the other hand you can tell that his football brain is lacking and doesn't match his technical brilliance.
I agree with the lack of space part, he is lacking in that department. Although his hold up play and strength just to turn a player is something brilliant. A consistent Pogba for me will be the best midfielder in the world, but he will never be consistent so it’s not worth thinking about.

brzez

I’ve probably contributed in this thread already, seeing that you seem to be so triggered and aggressive. Did I push a button?

I long for the day he’s getting sold and we bring in a real footballer to that midfield, one that wont need your persistence of excuses.

Does that mean he has zero awareness? Does rashford also have zero awareness because there are tonnes of examples out there of him being selfish when he could play in someone better. Not really.
Yeah, I stretched that a little bit, but Pogba should know that a rushing Partey is closing in on him. It's inexcusable really. That pass should be forwarded to Bruno. But then again, he does that very often and for me Pogba is a player that if given time on the ball, will pick out passes like they're nothing, but close him down and he becomes an erratic player that often does daft things. He's 27 years old and should be in his prime now, but he isn't a better player now than he was five years ago.

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Calm down and quit with the 'nube' stuff. It wasn't that long ago you were one too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't understand why people label him as "inconsistent". Rashford misses 3 sitters one game and scores hattrick next game - that's inconsistent.
If Pogba doesn't produce moments of brilliance, he shouldn't be called that. He is just in pretty bad form, and that's it.

Exactly. He doesn't solve any of our issues.
The inconsistent days have gone unfortunately.
These days he's very consistent with his level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did anyone think Pogba was that good for Juventus?

He wasnt ever playing like a linchpin in that team either.

jackal&hyde

Good to see you use evidence to make your point!
Careful Sammsky1, you are not allowed to be in jest when defending, less you dreg the discussion down.

EDIT: you can be as disrespectful as you want of course, insulting, no problem, no limit. The more it is towards our club the better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Paul Pogba is essentially our Ali Dia. We were conned paying 90 million for him.

DickDastardly

We really have to stop bumping this thread.

We all know how he plays. A few of the posters still believe he's a great player, and that's fine.

One of the hardest things in life is accepting you are wrong.

Let's all hope some fool in Madrid or Torino is equally wrong so we can offload him asap.

Walters_19_MuFc

A poster a few weeks ago said the same thing, that he was never brilliant for Juve.
He did enough to make the World XI in 2015. No other Juve player did that! Was also nominated in 2019.

People may not like him, and it's clear he hasn't hit the heights most expected but he was obviously doing something right at Juve. At the time, he was wanted by most clubs in Europe and I truly believe that, if he were to leave tomorrow, they'd still be a line of top clubs in for him.

On the whole, it just hasn't happened for him, unfortunately. Certainly not the first, nor the last player, who will come to the club with big expectations and not quite live up to them.

Josh 76

He did enough to make the World XI in 2015. No other Juve player did that! Was also nominated in 2019.

People may not like him, and it's clear he hasn't hit the heights most expected but he was obviously doing something right at Juve. At the time, he was wanted by most clubs in Europe and I truly believe that, if he were to leave tomorrow, they'd still be a line of top clubs in for him.

On the whole, it just hasn't happened for him, unfortunately. Certainly not the first, nor the last player, who will come to the club with big expectations and not quite live up to them.

What a team

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
I was so giddy when we signed him...I was waiting for slick passing,some bangers of the goals...but he was so bad for us :(

Status
Not open for further replies.