Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Hmm I'm pretty frustrated with him right now on the pitch for us, but this just seems an odd statement right now if true.

I've got my doubts as to whether he's actually said this.

Threesus

I don't think Paul will ever be able to win over the fans. Too much has happened(or not happened) for that to materialize. And he is not the first midfielder to have not done the business for us coming over from Italy. I just hope the board sees this and be proactive in selling him and getting someone else in. We have lost much better players who have done more for us than Paul. It's a huge shame because when that video dropped with him and Stormzy, I truly believed that we were going to be back and he would be the face of United. I am sad that he will only ever be a footnote in our history, when he should have been so much more.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hmm I'm pretty frustrated with him right now on the pitch for us, but this just seems an odd statement right now if true.

I've got my doubts as to whether he's actually said this.
He said all of this, but I don't think it's anything bad. Would people here be really happy if Pogba was thrilled with the situation at United, or any other United players for that matter? They're having an awful season, he's a part of the reason why, and no one should feel good about that. Now the media took these quotes, and decided to add based on Deschamps' comments that he is not happy with his playing time, his position, etc. None of those things were uttered by Pogba and it's not in his character to make an issue out of it. I expect him to get his head down and do his best to snap out of it.

Dve

It's strange isn't it.

He played really well tonight and just looked a lot more relaxed. I wonder whether the pressure at United has got to him and he feels like he's expected to be the man and do more than he needs to (because the fans always demand it)

He just stroked the ball around lovely tonight, looked light on his feet and made a few nice runs into the box. Defended pretty well too.

It's hard to put the finger on exactly why it isn't working for him, maybe it is just the speed of the PL is that much harder while he regains his form a fitness?
It could simply be that he lacks basic, physical training. He´ll probably get better, also for United.

MUFromLTU

I just dont understand why people are praising for his yesterdays performance, saying he looked great? What the hell, he was 3rd best midfielder in that team according to all stats, missed 100% chance and was lucky that referee gave away cheap fouls every time he lost ball. In Premier League he’d never got at least 2 calls from yesterday and it’d resulted in 2 big opportunities for opposition.
It’d be good performance if that was some 18 y.o. debut for NT, but for one of best paid players in the world to put in literally 6/10 performance and be praised for that??

I have bought tshirts with Pogba’s name for last 3 seasons, always defended him when people were criticizing him after few bad games, but this year he’s single handedly losing us games, had 0 good games (being part of good team performance and being reason for the performance is two different things), talks shit every time he has a chance. To be fair I’d be happy to never see him playing again as he’s a liability and I just cant imagine other players liking what he says publicly.
We have youth that would do as good or even better if given chance.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's strange isn't it.

He played really well tonight and just looked a lot more relaxed. I wonder whether the pressure at United has got to him and he feels like he's expected to be the man and do more than he needs to (because the fans always demand it)

He just stroked the ball around lovely tonight, looked light on his feet and made a few nice runs into the box. Defended pretty well too.

It's hard to put the finger on exactly why it isn't working for him, maybe it is just the speed of the PL is that much harder while he regains his form a fitness?
Because the intensity level and physicality of the EPL is on another to any other form of the game? Because every team targets him and refuses to let him settle.

Whatever you think about him, Pogba is a luxury player and without legs and muscle around him, he's proven to be a hindrance too.

Phil

Falling over yourselves to jump all over a doctored quote :rolleyes:
Yeah it's definitely our fans that are at fault and not the fake quote or the fact that Pogba underwhelms and likes to talk shit whilst away with France.

hungrywing

That tweet seems to have added something he didnt say.

"I had never known such a difficult period in my career," he said in an interview with RTL.

"The France team is a breath of fresh air, the group is exceptional, it's magic."

France boss Didier Deschamps sympathises with the former Juventus star and hopes to help him get back to his best despite a difficult time.

"He is in a situation with his club where he cannot be happy, neither with his playing time nor with the position he is playing," Deschamps told reporters at a press conference on Monday.

"He is not in his best period, he has had a series of injuries and Covid-19, which has hit him quite hard. He needs to find his rhythm.

"We can't say that he is fulfilled in what he does at club level. With me, there is no such concern, but I try to manage it too. When a player is not comfortable at his club, obviously, he is happy to play for the France team."
At the same time, he's doled out just enough of these 'did he mean it or didn't he' (or outright blatant) quotes for the average person not to think he knows exactly what he's doing.

archiebald

We havent. We havent a player like him. He is WC and neither Fred Matic or McTom are anywhere near his level.
Getting a Kante would free us from having to always play both Fred and McT together. The only reason we're doing that now is that we don't have an individual CDM competent and disciplined enough to stay in position to break up attacks and protect the defense.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm just tired now when it comes to Pogba.

Tired of the drama, tired of the endless debates on "how to get the best out of him?". If a player is into his 5th season and you're still asking that question then it's time to sell.

Ultimately, he's not been anywhere close to good enough to justify all the talk around him. This isn't like Ronaldo who could be a giant pain in the arse but he's fecking incredible so you put up with it. It's a player who aside from the odd game here and there has been a huge let down.

If he wants to go, and it looks like he has wanted to go for a while, just let him go. He's not worth the hassle whatsoever.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's strange isn't it.

Said it himself. French NT has been a fresh air to him.

pixel

I'm just tired now when it comes to Pogba.

Tired of the drama, tired of the endless debates on "how to get the best out of him?". If a player is into his 5th season and you're still asking that question then it's time to sell.

Ultimately, he's not been anywhere close to good enough to justify all the talk around him. This isn't like Ronaldo who could be a giant pain in the arse but he's fecking incredible so you put up with it. It's a player who aside from the odd game here and there has been a huge let down.

If he wants to go, and it looks like he has wanted to go for a while, just let him go. He's not worth the hassle whatsoever.
Nailed it. It doesn't even matter how good he is or might be. He is not worth the hassle.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Fecking tit, always mouthing off on international duty and it's clearly designed to wink at Madrid.

Roll on next summer where he finally pisses off and if we're lucky a sizeable chunk of his fanboys will follow him.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Can’t wait until he is gone. When you are Cristiano Ronaldo and flirting with Madrid because it’s a dream move, the it hurts, but fair enough. We had some amazing moments and got to see a world class player grow at the club.

But if you are a player who constantly does this, while putting in terrible performances, it is just annoying and frustrating to hear.

He has given so little to cheer about in such a long time at the club and the very lows are just as numerous as any highs.

I wish he was sold tomorrow just based on his performances, but acting as if he deserves better is laughable.

You’ve been benched for McTominey and Fred mate, after 5 years as a senior player. Stop acting like the struggles are above you. It’s all to often you that causes them.

Strelok

Here is what he said:

C'est une période que je ne connaissais pas dans ma carrière, a-t-il ajouté, toujours sur RTL. L'équipe de France est une bouffée d'air (...) On prend beaucoup de plaisir à venir et on est tous heureux de se revoir. Ce n'est pas pareil qu'en club (...) On se regroupe tous, c'est magique. On réalise que tout le monde est heureux de venir et cela fait la différence.

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/...ation-qu-on-avait-a-la-coupe-du-monde/1194924

So I don't think Fabrizio added anything.

hobbers

I wonder how we'd look now if Jose had been allowed to get rid of Pogba and recoup some of the funds elsewhere. Even if it was just signing Alderweireld or Boateng or something on the face of it underwhelming.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Said it himself. French NT has been a fresh air to him.
Well, he did win a world cup with them, has gotten to the final of the Euro before. So do we want the athletes to lie about something that should be quite obvious, anybody would consider this a breath of fresh air, and this whole 'keep it to yourself because you're hurting my feelings about my club' is just dumb because he never made it United's or Ole's fault. People took his quotes, then added assumed subtext with no regards for his actual quotes. He doesn't blame the club, or the coach, even though some have assumed he did by what he said. It's his fault and he's gotta figure it out himself.

Shimo

Everything he says is a dig at United - goodness me people need to get a bit of perspective in their lives.

The United

I think we all understand that he wants to win some of the biggest title in club competition and he is not getting younger.

One of the reason why we are not challenging is because we are not consistent. And, he is not helping that with being inconsistent himself.

At this point, it is best for both parties that he leaves. That way, we can get another decent CM who can be a bit more consistent even with less talent and that would help us a lot.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well, he did win a world cup with them, has gotten to the final of the Euro before. So do we want the athletes to lie about something that should be quite obvious, anybody would consider this a breath of fresh air, and this whole 'keep it to yourself because you're hurting my feelings about my club' is just dumb because he never made it United's or Ole's fault. People took his quotes, then added assumed subtext with no regards for his actual quotes. He doesn't blame the club, or the coach, even though some have assumed he did by what he said. It's his fault and he's gotta figure it out himself.
Yep so it's fair to assume that it's not so refreshing to be at United. Perhaps he needs to move for the sake of his own career.

Strelok

Everything he says is a dig at United - goodness me people need to get a bit of perspective in their lives.
Imo it's not the club but rather at his teammates.

He basically said he hasn't playing well because his teammates at United don't make him feel welcomed and happy. Like his teammates at the French national team do.

Imo the message is simply he'd perform ok, or maybe well according to his own evaluation if he's happy. He took the chance after the last match to defend his form and blame it toward the atmosphere at United and his teammates there. This won't go well I think.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yep so it's fair to assume that it's not so refreshing to be at United. Perhaps he needs to move for the sake of his own career.
Well, yeah, how could it be refreshing for anybody there at the moment? Would anybody even be okay with someone thinking it's refreshing to be at United, and everything is just peachy? The team is struggling and I'm sure all the players and staff are feeling terrible about it and want to change it. It doesn't mean that he wants to leave United, and I'm really confused why anybody thinks it's a dig at United. When a player struggles with his club and finds the national team with which he's had success, it's gonna be a pretty standard question from a journalist to ask about that. I know Pogba's had intentionally mistranslated quotes by the media to trigger United fans before, but here I don't see anything wrong or bad that could upset United fans, unless they're really sensitive and want to think everything is perfect at United and all the players should be thrilled at the moment.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Imo it's not the club but rather at his teammates.

He basically said he hasn't playing well because his teammates at United don't make him feel welcomed and happy. Like his teammates at the French national team do.

Imo the message is simply he'd perform ok, or maybe well according to his own evaluation if he's happy. He took the chance after the last match to defend his form and blame it toward the atmosphere at United and his teammates there. This won't go well I think.
:lol: A for effort I guess

cyberman

Isnt he saying the French national team spirit is beyond club football now and he has never experienced that before?
I honestly dont see the problem here.

bludsucker

Fake quote or not, this has happened too many times with pogba away on international duty. He himself hasn’t played to the best of his potential for United. He can want to leave for greener pastures and that is absolutely fine. The club should sell him and move on as it hasn’t clearly worked for him or us here.

Ole90+3

How are posters on here still going out of their way to make excuses for this twat 5 years on. I’ve lost count how many times Pogba or one of his entourage has talked negatively about the club or his time here to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.