Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
When do people realize Pogba performances depend on opposition performance rather than his.

Of course he'll lose the ball once pressed in midfield. Of course he'll not track back runners. He does that every feckin game.

He'll do well against Wolves or Aston Villa and people on here will be crying to start him against City. This is just rinse and repeat game.

acnumber9

Our CB’s could have probably done better, sure. No doubt they’re getting shit in their respective threads. This thread is about Pogba though. Silly twat cost us today with a really basic error/carelessness/laziness. And that’s annoying.
I get that but I can’t really argue the point that he cost us two points without pointing out the role of our centre backs.

Maureen-yo

I find it concerning how fans on here drop standards to below a PL level for pogba.
I find it concerning that you blame Pogba for costing United the Win due to that second goal but make no mention of the absolute howler by Bruno for the first. It highlights your predetermined narrative for and against particular players.

Ralph1386

He offered absolutely nothing today. Not his fault we drew, but somebody else would have contributed better on the pitch.

Hammondo

I find it concerning that you blame Pogba for costing United the Win due to that second goal but make no mention of the absolute howler by Bruno for the first. It highlights your predetermined narrative for and against particular players.
I said pogba is partly to blame and I also partly blame Bruno for the first, but Bruno's performance wasn't a big issue, pogba with James were our worst players today.

united for life

His inconsistency is frustrating (keep aside his attitude). We expect him to be the star of the team, yet he ends up as a player not good enough and a bench player.

i guess, at this stage, the discussion shouldn’t be whether he is good or not. We all know he’s leaving, so the discussion should be whether ole needs to play van de beek rather than him

dev1l

This, pointless sub.
Agreed. My impression is that Ole plays him because of his influence in the dressing room.
The sooner he leaves the better for all parties.
And please don't compare him to Bruno.
It s true Bruno gave away possession just before the first goal,but Bruno was also involved in both.our goals.

thepolice123

Ole played him in exactly the same position VDB struggled in against Everton. He should have came on for McT instead.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So, let me just confirm, his recent run of good performances that were quickly assessed as him ‘playing for a transfer’ would make today’s cameo, of which I gather people are angry about - as him concluding that he no longer wants to move and is happy to stay?

Of course, any good performance is when he has ‘decided’ to play well, for whatever selfish agenda he has after all. Of course, it isn’t that he has the intention to perform every game, and like any other player, sometimes plays better than other times. So by inference, I’m going to conclude that - given his last run of performances which were begrudgingly described as positive were due to playing for a move, he now must want to stay. Because he hates Manchester United of course and could never actually just want to play well with no strings attached.

I’ve also noticed how his good games in 4.5 years have been getting fewer and fewer every day. After Everton one poster said that this was the first time he’d played well in consecutive games since joining us, which was great for me to learn.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How much do we think we can get for him? Surely no more than 50 million. There's no way in hell he's 100 million player.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I didn't feel he really did anything after he came on and he always has problems following runners. But to use this incident as a stick to beat him with is overreaching. Fred actually did track back and it would have been idiotic for Pogba to double mark down the corner. He just couldn't have forseen Fred abandoning that area to close down another Leicester player, who was already closed down by Shaw.
You’re wrong. The Perez was free and moved into that position off the back of Pogba. By the time anyone else gets to him its too late. Not really a stick to beat him with just pointing out an obvious mistake. Just because another player almost covered for it doesnt change that

Shimo

You’re wrong. The Perez was free and moved into that position off the back of Pogba. By the time anyone else gets to him its too late. Not really a stick to beat him with just pointing out an obvious mistake. Just because another player almost covered for it doesnt change that
Perez did move off of Pogba initally but right into Fred, Pogba stopped at that point to get on Perez but, for some reason Fred just ran on by to go close the LC player who was also being closed by Shaw, that left Perez wide open. Fred doesn't leave Perez and that would be a normal situation where responsibility is handed from on player to the another. Do think Pogba in that situation where we are in the 85th minute and protecting a 1 goal lead perhaps should have kept on Perez but, also he could not have anticipated Fred leaving him.

As for Pogba's overall performance, didn't affect the game or help take control of the game. Didn't really understand the sub, he should have come on for one for McTominay if anything or not at all.

Litch

If I didn't know, Pogs to me just looks decidedly average player. We give him a pass cause of what we know he's capable of yet rarely do we see it...

lex talionis

This was a case of Pogba deciding not to show up today. The flow of play suited him, but once subbed on he just switched off.

We’ll miss him, but it’s for the best we take 50m from Juve and apply our transfer budget in January to at least address our need at DM, while “preparing” bids for other positions in need or strengthening in the summer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This was a case of Pogba deciding not to show up today. The flow of play suited him, but once subbed on he just switched off.

We’ll miss him, but it’s for the best we take 50m from Juve and apply our transfer budget in January to at least address our need at DM, while “preparing” bids for other positions in need or strengthening in the summer.
I don't think he just decided it, he was just shit, like McT for instance. Bad games/cameos happen without the player doing it on purpose

lex talionis

I don't think he just decided it, he was just shit, like McT for instance. Bad games/cameos happen without the player doing it on purpose
We’re all struggling with finding the right words to describe the deterioration in his play from one match to the next. I don’t believe he decides to play poorly, but it does seem as though his level of commitment varies wildly from match to match. Every player has their down days, but a player of Pogba’s class, and recent firm, should have performed with greater commitment today.

A shame his worst attribute, on the pitch that is, is his lack of consistent commitment.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We’re all struggling with finding the right words to describe the deterioration in his play from one match to the next. I don’t believe he decides to play poorly, but it does seem as though his level of commitment varies wildly from match to match. Every player has their down days, but a player of Pogba’s class, and recent firm, should have performed with greater commitment today.

A shame his worst attribute, on the pitch that is, is his lack of consistent commitment.
I will agree with this assessment. You described it perfectly tbh. Every good game of him is a bonus for me tbh, I expect nothing and enjoy the good stuff. I don't get angry when he plays badly

Hammondo

This is the worst kind of game for pogba, he's always been poor Vs pressing teams.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
How much do we think we can get for him? Surely no more than 50 million. There's no way in hell he's 100 million player.
Around 50 ish alright. Agreed, he is not a 90 million pound player.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I find it concerning how fans on here drop standards to below a PL level for pogba.
Then abuse everyone for sharing their opinion. It's a bit weird for me. His performance was the same as usual really, no flashy highlights or substance. When there is nothing else of note it reverts to questioning his work rate and focus. There has always been massive question marks when it is all stripped bare.

m1tch

I know we'll have to endure more like today (trademark Pogba performances), but it's got to be nearly over. Yes we'll get back less than we paid but that's probably fair - he's much worse than in his first season with us.

Mr Smith

I think Ole actually doesn't get enough praise for normalising the fact that Pogba doesn't start every game. When Mourinho dropped Pogba it was a media storm, but when Ole does now it's barely a story. He's done incredibly well to set that precedent and change the narrative.

Having said that, I thought Pogba did OK today when he came on, though he took a while to get into the game.

Nicolarra90

I think Ole actually doesn't get enough praise for normalising the fact that Pogba doesn't start every game. When Mourinho dropped Pogba it was a media storm, but when Ole does now it's barely a story. He's done incredibly well to set that precedent and change the narrative.

Having said that, I thought Pogba did OK today when he came on, though he took a while to get into the game.
That's also because now the press knows he just don't show up in more than half the games he plays, so it's expected.

mav_9me

I'd be ecstatic if we sold him for 50m and went for say Houssem Aouar or Denis Zakaria.

DanClancy

You've got to wonder what VDB is thinking, a player in Pogba is consistently played ahead of him despite wanting to leave the club and who's consistently inconsistent when he plays.

Will be a good day for the club when Pogba is sold.

lex talionis

You've got to wonder what VDB is thinking, a player in Pogba is consistently played ahead of him despite wanting to leave the club and who's consistently inconsistent when he plays.

Will be a good day for the club when Pogba is sold.
I reluctantly came to this conclusion. Like Martial, Pogba is an immense talent but the application of that talent is too infrequent. Pogba should be able to fetch us 50m from Juve and I don’t really care if they laugh all the way to the bank. Pogba was worth the punt at the time but whatever his personal issues have been it just didn’t work out at OT.

Unless there’s been a genuine Saul of Tarsus moment in the life of Paul Pogba and he’s now ready to commit himself on the pitch, it’s time to take whatever we can get from Juve.

Champagne Football

People think we're getting 50 million for him. I think the most Juventus will offer for him next summer is around 17 million with 1 year left on his deal.

The board probably won't accept that so he'll more than likely leave for free in 2022 I'd imagine.

AR87

I thought when he came on up until our 2nd goal, his addition gave us far more control than we had prior, but his effort to do anything in the build up to the equalizer was really poor and why I think we just need to move on.

You can make the claim that Fred shouldn't chase the ball there and just track Perez. Not totally untrue, but it's a team game and you need to trust and believe in your teammates on the pitch to cover for you at times and Pogba simply cannot be trusted to do so. If the roles were reversed and Pogba was out of position is there any doubt in your mind Fred wouldn't stand around pointing at others to mark the free man and would take it upon himself to cover Perez? That lack of effort and urgency when we're defending a 2-1 lead at a critical stage of the season is appalling.

And sure Bruno was sloppy for the first goal. Criticize him for it, difference being his overall commitment, leadership, and productivity means he's going to get more forgiveness than Pogba who can't even muster enough to get his agent to keep his mouth shut before a do or die CL match. His presence is just an unwanted headache and distraction at this point because we all know he wants to leave.

Hammondo

When do people realize Pogba performances depend on opposition performance rather than his.

Of course he'll lose the ball once pressed in midfield. Of course he'll not track back runners. He does that every feckin game.

He'll do well against Wolves or Aston Villa and people on here will be crying to start him against City. This is just rinse and repeat game.
Exactly.

Polar

Feel sorry for Pogba. He is a great player, and Man Utd hasn’t been able to exploit or redeem his potential.

The main reason is probably the system we play and our lack of a pure CDM. If we buy a CMD we probably discover a new Pogba; a key player who can bring us to the next level.

Unfortunately I think he likely leaves United in January or next summer. Based on his performance this season and the system we have played, I suppose it’s the best for both parts. He doesn’t fit our current system; we need a different kind of player.

It’s wrong to have a Lamborghini just to have it parked in the garage because it’s snowing almost all the time.

50-65m£ is a fair price for Pogba today.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People think we're getting 50 million for him. I think the most Juventus will offer for him next summer is around 17 million with 1 year left on his deal.

The board probably won't accept that so he'll more than likely leave for free in 2022 I'd imagine.
Sane with 1 year left on his contract was worth €45 million with add-ons rising to a potential €60 million. It makes sense why 50m price tag is mentioned for Pogba.

17m is bit too ridiculous which the board has 100% right not to accept it. :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we sell him, we will still need to replace him. Not by position is replaced with the same position but by replacing his creative outlet. It could be wingers or wide players like sancho or Grealish or top class attacking full backs. Pogba is our 2nd most creative player in the team and we still need him in games against the lesser teams for example Sheffield United game, losing him without replacing him means reducing our chances to beat those lesser teams.

Champagne Football

Sane with 1 year left on his contract was worth €45 million with add-ons rising to a potential €60 million. It makes sense why 50m price tag is mentioned for Pogba.

17m is bit too ridiculous which the board has 100% right not to accept it. :lol:
Liverpool signed Thiago Alcantara for
£20 million with a year left on his Bayern contract.
He's 29 years old while Pogba is 28 very soon. So I honestly believe Pogba will go for something similar unless he starts putting on a show and creates a bidding war in the summer, which is very unlikely apart from his usual half decent performances here and there.

passing-wind

Pogba playing as often as he does just makes Ole and the management look ridiculous. Him and his agent angling for a move this summer, we have a player who is capable of replacing his position in Donny ?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Liverpool signed Thiago Alcantara for
£20 million with a year left on his Bayern contract.
He's 29 years old while Pogba is 28 very soon. So I honestly believe Pogba will go for something similar unless he starts putting on a show and creates a bidding war in the summer, which is very unlikely apart from his usual half decent performances here and there.
29 with 27 or 28 are different price. They are not just 5m or 10m different. When you are on 29 which one year away from 30 and has bad injury record throughout your whole career, the price is really dropped. Due to covid, Bayern is forced to accept that amount. Both of us & City aren’t afraid to lose the chance of getting 20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.