6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

I'm not entirely sure, he's clearly really happy right now. We're in for trophies, we're in second in the league and we're playing good football, especially with him in the team. We've restructured to make transfers and long term planning more coherent and if we can get in some real quality this summer, I can definitely see him signing on again.
He would sign in after we sign top players. Not before. Atleast that's what is do in his shoes

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If we signed a top striker and let him go, we will be no better than what we are right now. Keeping him should be our top priority. Mitten thinks there is a chance he could sign and he is usually well connected I believe.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Nice to finally have him back. He was excellent for us before he got injured (probably our best player) and hit fitted back in seamlessly last night. Going to be a huge boost for us this season if he can remain fit.

MUFC OK

I'm not entirely sure, he's clearly really happy right now. We're in for trophies, we're in second in the league and we're playing good football, especially with him in the team. We've restructured to make transfers and long term planning more coherent and if we can get in some real quality this summer, I can definitely see him signing on again.
Honestly kidding yourself if you think he’s staying. Read raiola’s latest comments about having ‘to do his work in the background’ or else ‘people will get upset’. Him wanting out was common knowledge earlier in the season. We handled it as best we could, I assume by promising him the move in the summer if raiola keeps quiet.

His brother confirmed last month that there was no way he was signing a new contract here. We’re in denial if we think he’s staying and trust me I want him at Utd as much as anyone. He will move on in the summer.

laughtersassassin

Honestly the Pogba situation sorts itself if we have ambition.

Go and sign Halaand/Sancho and a new starting DM.

I guarantee you he signs a new contract then. It's a no brainer for him cause we would be undoubtedly better than Juve and Madrid with that.

For a situation that's bogging us down the solution is easy. Paul wants to play with top players. Same way Bruno will want too within the next two seasons.

The chance to progress is there. Go and take it.

Last edited:

Raven

I guarantee you he signs a new contract then. It's be a bit brainer cause we would be undoubtedly better than Just and Madrid with that.

For a situation that's bogging us down the solution is easy. Paul wants to play with top players. Same way Bruno will want too within the next two seasons.

This is the long and the short of it. If we put ourselves in a position to win the league and the champions league, he'll stay. He wants to win the highest honours and I won't begrudge him leaving to do that but if we show the sort of ambition he wants I reckon he'll want to stay put and be part of the next great United team.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
The problem with even contemplating keeping him is that it’s probably gonna be his last big contract so he’d want comfortably upwards of 500k a week, possible even more.

I’m not sure we can afford that as we’d basically have to give Bruno the same and Rashford something comparable in the next couple of years and we just can’t afford to do that.

At most we’d offer him an extension on the same terms he’s on now with marginal pay rise and definitely not a giant bonus for Riola so there’s no way he’s signing a new contract.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The problem with even contemplating keeping him is that it’s probably gonna be his last big contract so he’d want comfortably upwards of 500k a week, possible even more.

I’m not sure we can afford that as we’d basically have to give Bruno the same and Rashford something comparable in the next couple of years and we just can’t afford to do that.

At most we’d offer him an extension on the same terms he’s on now with marginal pay rise and definitely not a giant bonus for Riola so there’s no way he’s signing a new contract.
Is this more random ‘feelings’ then?

Silverman

I guarantee you he signs a new contract then. It's a no brainer for him cause we would be undoubtedly better than Juve and Madrid with that.

Camavinga for DM who could form a great partnership with Pogba.

AgentSmith

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable concern to have.

If Pogba lets his contract run down he stands to land a massive deal at his new club given the money they’d be saving by getting him on a free.

Look at what Ramsey was able to extract from Juve in the exact same scenario.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think it’s an unreasonable concern to have.

If Pogba lets his contract run down he stands to land a massive deal at his new club given the money they’d be saving by getting him on a free.

Look at what Ramsey was able to extract from Juve in the exact same scenario.
Well yes, that applies to every player who allows their contract to finish entirely. I thought the conversation was about him signing an extension, which I presume would be before the existing one ends. Which is by far the most popular form of contract agreement.

Agreed, his free agent salary would likely be higher than his extension one. But there has been little indication, in fact - zero indication, that this whole contract issue is about us not arriving at the right number. It seems more to be about whether the player simply wants to stay or not. I think that if he is minded to stay, it is premature to say that we will be priced out of renewing his contract. We don’t really know where he stands on money as such, it’s never really been a conversation.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Camavinga for DM who could form a great partnership with Pogba.
Camavinga isn’t a DM really, and I don’t think we need him with Mejbri at the moment. We’ll at least have a proper look at him first before buying a young midfielder I think.

AgentSmith

Well yes, that applies to every player who allows their contract to finish entirely. I thought the conversation was about him signing an extension, which I presume would be before the existing one ends. Which is by far the most popular form of contract agreement.

Agreed, his free agent salary would likely be higher than his extension one. But there has been little indication, in fact - zero indication, that this whole contract issue is about us not arriving at the right number. It seems more to be about whether the player simply wants to stay or not. I think that if he is minded to stay, it is premature to say that we will be priced out of renewing his contract. We don’t really know where he stands on money as such, it’s never really been a conversation.
I just think it’s a fair concern to see that Pogba’s assessment of a new deal in the summer will always be considered by him and Raoila in relation to the deal he could sign 6 months later for potentially far more money.

Anyways, back on topic - he’s a fantastic player for us and I pray that, if he does a sign new deal, we make the appropriate signing at CDM to help him flourish.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I just think it’s a fair concern to see that Pogba’s assessment of a new deal in the summer will always be considered by him and Raoila in relation to the deal he could sign 6 months later for potentially far more money.

Anyways, back on topic - he’s a fantastic player for us and I pray that, if he does a sign new deal, we make the appropriate signing at CDM to help him flourish.
Of course, but if it were that simple nobody will sign contracts until their deals expire. There is a lot of risk attached to running your deal down too. Especially for a player who has picked up injuries of late.

But yes, I have no idea what the final picture needs to look like in the midfield, but I’d prefer him to stay as he’s top quality, and at some points in a football team - you need to stop making the trade off of ‘he’s perhaps not the most talented, but he works hard’ and actually get the most talented if you want to have the best team. I appreciate running and chasing, but there’s only so far a team can typically go without real quality.

If he wants to go, he will, but I’d like us to bring a quality player in if he goes, rather just have a game plan of working twice as hard as the opposition alone.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He was close to signing a new deal when we looked like singing Sancho last summer, I think it will be more about who we bring in and likely hood for being able to challenge for major trophies.
Juve slump in form certainly helped us because I think he would have gone there this summer if they were still on top, and looking close to a UCL

AgentSmith

He was close to signing a new deal when we looked like singing Sancho last summer, I think it will be more about who we bring in and likely hood for being able to challenge for major trophies.
Juve slump in form certainly helped us because I think he would have gone there this summer if they were still on top, and looking close to a UCL
Yeah I think it’s the lack of options that’s probably as much a driving force behind Pogba’s new desires to stay as anything else.

Juventus and Madrid are not the attractive prospects or financial heavyweights they were a few years ago like you say.

Silverman

The thought of that is god damn mouth watering. Camavinga's favourite player is Pogba as well I'm sure.
Could be brilliant from what reports are saying about him.

Camavinga isn’t a DM really, and I don’t think we need him with Mejbri at the moment. We’ll at least have a proper look at him first before buying a young midfielder I think.
I haven't seen much of him so I'm only going off what others who have are saying. I saw somewhere that he wouldn't be anymore than 40 million which could be a great deal.

keithsingleton

Once you guys kept going on about him not turning up in the big games. Now he has, so you just flip the narrative just to have a little bit of a negative spin on things.
Far from it, he's my favourite current United player. Facts are facts and nothing to do with narratives.

drdoityourself

Far from it, he's my favourite current United player. Facts are facts and nothing to do with narratives.
There is nothing factual about your claim that he only turns up in the big games. Just looking at his last few starts he's been the difference maker in games against Burnley and Fulham. When teams sit back and he's had time on the ball he's obviously had many very good performances over the years. The teams that sit back are usually the smaller teams.

On this site, he has more often than not been accused of not turning up in big games, other than the other way around.

keithsingleton

There is nothing factual about your claim that he only turns up in the big games. Just looking at his last few starts he's been the difference maker in games against Burnley and Fulham. When teams sit back and he's had time on the ball he's obviously had many very good performances over the years. The teams that sit back are usually the smaller teams.

On this site, he has more often than not been accused of not turning up in big games, other than the other way around.
That's a matter of opinion, I disagree with your comments which is allowed isn't it. For me he's our best player in the team (( when he wants to )) I just wish he would show more passion and realise theirs no better shirt he's putting on when he puts ours on.

He doesn't show he's committed at times. I'm not one of the ones ( on this site! ) that call his ability into question. I'd sign him for another 4/5 years if it was left to me but we just can't escape the fact that sometimes he appears not to be bothered. It maybe down to his agent but that's another story. I'm for Pogba, not against.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
My mate, who is biggest Pogba hater I have known, who also regarded him as a “virus” and wants him out all the time, actually wants him to stay and sign a new contract extension with us now. This tells you something.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yes come think of it, his other possible destination, namely Real and Juventus, are both struggling to win their respective league and may not win any trophies too. If it’s not really better chance for him to win any trophies there, why not just stay with us.

laughtersassassin

My mate, who is biggest Pogba hater I have known, who also regarded him as a “virus” and wants him out all the time, actually wants him to stay and sign a new contract extension with us now. This tells you something.
People finally seeing sense

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Aye we will need to show serious intent in the transfer window to convince him of staying at this point. I’m talking Sancho/Haaland level signings which unfortunately with the Glazers in charge is quite hard to imagine.
Let’s sign both Haaland and Sancho then. That will convinced him.

VivaRonaldo85

The change for myself is if he wants to stay, I’d embrace him and let him kick on at United. Six months ago I’d had enough. If he still wants to go, he can move on as far as I’m concerned. Always known he’s massively talented but it’s all about where his head is at.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’ll have plenty of competition for that title on here. Your mate isn’t Class of 63 by any chance is he?

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I dunno what you're on about, I'd love nothing more than for him to stay, but from all reports it seems we haven't even offered Pogba a new contract. If we were keen on extending his contract you'd think we'd have opened some sort of talk by now.

Something has to break here: either we have to break the bank and pay over the top to both him and his agent - which the club would be very cautious to do as we have a young core and they will all want to aspire to that kind of money - or Pogba has to accept a more modest pay rise and a lower agent fees for Raiola.

Honestly, I am very surprised its not the club who've broken in this scenario already. We have a history of doing so when push comes to shove.

Of course, it could all turn out to be moot and we could offer him a giant contract this summer or he could have his mind set about leaving - so its' hard to tell from the outside. However it definitely doesn't seem like we're trying very hard to convince him to stay or to try to extend.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I dunno what you're on about, I'd love nothing more than for him to stay, but from all reports it seems we haven't even offered Pogba a new contract. If we were keen on extending his contract you'd think we'd have opened some sort of talk by now.

Something has to break here: either we have to break the bank and pay over the top to both him and his agent - which the club would be very cautious to do as we have a young core and they will all want to aspire to that kind of money - or Pogba has to accept a more modest pay rise and a lower agent fees for Raiola.

Honestly, I am very surprised its not the club who've broken in this scenario already. We have a history of doing so when push comes to shove.

Of course, it could all turn out to be moot and we could offer him a giant contract this summer or he could have his mind set about leaving - so its' hard to tell from the outside. However it definitely doesn't seem like we're trying very hard to convince him to stay or to try to extend.
Let me help you then. I’m referring to the part where you say that we need to contemplate keeping him as he’d want ‘comfortably upwards of 500k p/w, possibly even more’.

If that is your premise for us contemplating keeping him, I’ve asked whether you have arrived at these figures by way of ‘a feeling’ or something remotely more substantial.

Grande

Very good 45 mins against Milan, and I’m first and foremost impressed by his work ethic and being so turned on even when off the ball. I’ve noticed this tendency in a few of his other games this winter. If he puts in those kinds of shifts, it’s good for us and good for him, regardless of what the future brings.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Let me help you then. I’m referring to the part where you say that we need to contemplate keeping him as he’d want ‘comfortably upwards of 500k p/w, possibly even more’.

If that is your premise for us contemplating keeping him, I’ve asked whether you have arrived at these figures by way of ‘a feeling’ or something remotely more substantial.
Logic mostly. He and his agent will want to maximize his earnings over his career. There's nothing wrong with it and I don't blame him at all for it. He's 28 now and this next contract would take him into his mid 30s. It was the same with Herrera. Typically this should be the biggest contract of his career. The same applies to Bruno's next contract too. Which is why I said the club would be hesitant.

As for the the 500k + figure specifically you're right it might be a slight exaggeration as he's on about 300k a week now. So even going up to 400k would be a nice fat pay bump. But I would imagine the club would be hesitant at even that figure.

Champagne Football

I think he'll go to whoever offers the highest wages. So during a pandemic, Real Madrid and Barcelona will struggle. Jucentus will probably go in for him if they can offload Cristiano. That won't be easy. Then there's PSG. I think he'll go there if they offer big bucks. If not then I think he'll sign a deal here to stay.

laughtersassassin

If he goes how we replace him will have potentially the biggest impact in our season next year.

Our midfield two options are seriously bad without him.

Ideal world keep him and buy Rice/CDm

If he goes I think a CDM and Pogba replacement would have to be signed

Hopefully Matic leaves so it forces the club to act.

I'm very concerned we will be playing a midfield of Fred McT and Bruno for all of next season.

It isn't good enough to compete.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The only competent player who started the game. That said when it’s all the players it’s on the manager. We haven’t a clue what to do. We rely on Pogba, Bruno, Rashford so much to get us out of the mess.

el3mel

Great cross for the goal. Definitely still not fully fit so I get why he was subbed. Hopefully he'll be ready for full 90 minutes again after the break.

criticalanalysis

Class moment for the goal. We need him fit.

One criticism is that the over dribbling/shielding is slowly creeping back. It's part on him and part on our shit coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.