6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There's a big difference between Italian football and English football and that's been shown in Pogba's last two games. Milan couldn't cope with him physically and so he could bounce them off, even under pressure. By contrast Leicester were more than up for a battle and Paul only had one or two moments where he could get free of their pressure. Showed his stuff in those moments but they came much more sparingly today due to the opposition.

Sylar

Guessing it's a fitness issue as to why he came off instead of Fred

criticalanalysis

If there is enough movement and passing options, we rarely see it tbh. I agree that when he does that, it says a lot about the team
Yeah, generally when the simple and more progressive option is there, Pogba is very efficient with his passing selection. Still, in a vacuum I would like to see more smarter choices of when to take that extra touch, when to shimmy, when to drop the shoulder etc. It's harsh of course because the platform (i.e coaching) doesn't exist but then I'm just thinking out aloud. This aspect of his game is far from our biggest issue.

lost7

What's the general opinion on Pogba at the moment here? Should we keep him or sell him?

I was one of those who thought it'd be best to sell him and replace him with Grealish, but after seeing more of McFred recently I've changed my mind. There is no way we will buy a Pogba replacement AND a CDM in one summer, so I'd rather get a top defensive midfielder and keep Pogba than having to watch a season of Fred and McTominay passing the ball sideways for 90 minutes

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
At this stage I think we should sell if we can get someone like Fabian Ruiz in

el3mel

Pretty poor performance but won't hold it against him. Pretty sure he'll improve once he regains more fitness.

Godfather

We lost control because he went off right after we scored and they came at us, instead of sitting deep and letting us have the ball.
Partly yes but also we couldn't pass a football anymore. Satisfied with his performance. Fred was better though

Idxomer

When he started to play with tempo, it was like the whole team woke up.

Before that, his performance was similar to the ones he delivers for France which isn't really suitable for this United team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Partly yes but also we couldn't pass a football anymore. Satisfied with his performance. Fred was better though
Fred was miles better. Average to shite is a little harsh but it was a very Bruno on a bad day performance. So many needlessly wayward passes, under no pressure. It’s good to try things but he gave the ball away far too much and only played one really quality pass in 90 minutes.

Pogba always takes ages to get going after an injury. Thought he was extremely rusty and slow for France too.

It's an annoying cycle...especially when he's been picking up so many injuries recently.

He did have moments tonight. Hopefully he'll get up to full fitness soon.

OmarUnited4ever

Couple of nice and dangerous passed behind BHA defence, won many airael balls in the middle, misplaced some balls but overall average to ok, but credit for attacking the box and his sliced shot created the chance for Greenwood to score

Godfather

Fred was miles better. Average to shite is a little harsh but it was a very Bruno on a bad day performance. So many needlessly wayward passes, under no pressure. It’s good to try things but he gave the ball away far too much and only played one really quality pass in 90 minutes.
He also played a great pass to Bruno. Sloppy at times I agree and we've seen better from him this season but I'm content with that performance (for the second half mainly).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was good. It’s clear what we have missed. Very positive even when he’s played the wrong pass. Quality player.

city-puma

He is still short of match fitness a little bit, but this performance is what I want to see from him! Look at his work rate and effort. I now hope he stays with us next season.

kundalini

Gave away possession cheaply prior to their goal. Fortunate assist from a poor shot. Imaginative pass to Fernandes in the 2nd half.

Shot miles off-target from Fernandes' pass in the first half.

Godfather

That was the one good pass. I was joking about his assist.
Took that one decentish too though. Not an easy ball to hit. Always seems to take a bit to get fully going after an injury. Still miles better on the ball than most we've got in the middle.

Litch

That was absolutely shocking and if that was Scott or Fred, people would be going in on them.....

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Had his moments, it’s all about getting back to full fitness for the Europa and solidifying second.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He got solid dose of minutes, so perhaps he'll take something positive from that into the next games which will be key to stay in the season.

lost7

He had a bit of a shocker in terms of passing, but even so he got an assist (which was complete luck tbf) but also had a magnificent pass to put Bruno through. He'll improve as he plays more minutes, but yeah not a good game from him

Should not have been played so deep bu he was alright. They marked Bruno out of the game so it was all on him, getting back to fitness and with very little movement ahead of him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He had a bit of a shocker in terms of passing, but even so he got an assist (which was complete luck tbf) but also had a magnificent pass to put Bruno through. He'll improve as he plays more minutes, but yeah not a good game from him
I think his passing can't be worse than this so we should hope that with more fitness he'll become more accurate not suffering from tired legs slopiness like happened today. But with Pogba we know we have a palyer that can pull out any pass form anywhere on the pitch or contribute with a nice dribble around the box so I am definitely looking forward seeing him more as Fred can run for him while he's still out of match sharpness.

Status
Not open for further replies.