Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Where is this 500k a week figure from?
De Gea's (widely reported) £375k a week would be a bare mimimum you would think. Then we had Sanchez who was rumoured to be on even more. £500k a week is a fair estimate. All the power is with Pogba/Raiola if we try to keep him.

Cloud7

Some people refuse to admit any evidence showing PP is not actually that influential for current United team.

It wouldn't be weird if that wasn't a player who said (either directly or through his agent) he wants to leave in the summer.
I don't dislike Pogba, I am just totally neutral towards him and I'm happy with his second part of the season, because we'll probably be able to get decent money for him. I am sure he'll have a great career, but he doesn't fit this place. I also think he was a good transfer in general, marketing wise I'm sure he was of a great value to us. No problem with the money we spent on him, but I really hope he doesn't get galactic payrise. This would be a mistake.
Football probably isn’t the sport for you mate. If you can’t watch with your eyes and see what Pogba brings and why people enjoy him as a player so much, and instead just look at statistics, then it’s really not the right sport for you.

flappyjay

Him and Martial would've been gone if we kept Mourinho. Probably would have replaced them with Mandzukic and Perisic
Or that other fraud willian. As mediocre as Martial is this season would never swap him for fecking willian

Kag

My preference this summer would be to keep him irrespective of the contract situation. We’ve got too much to do in the market without having to replace what he adds to the team.

If he leaves on a free the summer after then so be it. Of course, I’m not daft enough to think that the club will allow that to happen. One can hope.

The Original

De Gea's (widely reported) £375k a week would be a bare mimimum you would think. Then we had Sanchez who was rumoured to be on even more. £500k a week is a fair estimate. All the power is with Pogba/Raiola if we try to keep him.
Going from Sanchez was on mega wages to 500k would be a fair estimate for Pogba is quite the logical leap.

First of all, no one is getting Sanchez level wages again. If Pogba didn't get it while Sanchez was here how is he getting it now that the club has gone through the painful process of learning it's lessons?

Secondly Sanchez was on 400k or less so that's a huge leap to go from that to 500k.

All of this ignores the fact that Pogba is currently on 290k... Why would the club feel the need to double his wages when 290k is the best he can ask for from any other club? At most, the club will offer to put him on a par with De Gea.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's only obvious until you check the facts. We're getting more points, scoring more and conceding less (per game) without him in the team:

- with Pogba on the pitch, we score every 56' and concede every 80'
- with Bruno on the pitch, we score every 45' and concede every 91'
- with Fred on the pitch, we score every 46' and concede every 100'

So if statement "We are, without question, a better team with him in it" refer to average OR direct competition in Fred or Bruno, then it's a false statement.
The problem about your stats is that the stats involve our first three league games when we lack of match fitness. Pogba involved in those three games. Is it really fair to count all those games prior the Newcastle 4-1?
Not only that, we had lost in total 9 games this season, 5 of those came from when Matic was involved as a starter when one of Fred or McT was rested. I personally think Matic has been poor and our performance also has been poor when he was involved. Thus, Pogba's positive influences in the stats is also neglected by Matic's poor performance.

I would like to see the revise of the stats if you can exclude Matic and our games prior the Newcastle 4-1.

Pogba in the front four improves our creativity as a team. It has more balance in it when he plays in that front four as we have 2 creative player and 2 goal scorers. This has been shown constantly this season since the Aston Villa game when we played him in that front four.

And also I don't understand any of the stats you showed. What is onG and what is onGA, +/- on-Off. Normally in stats, we need to have description what are those so people can understand if they are even relevant.

Leftback99

Going from Sanchez was on mega wages to 500k would be a fair estimate for Pogba is quite the logical leap.

First of all, no one is getting Sanchez level wages again. If Pogba didn't get it while Sanchez was here how is he getting it now that the club has gone through the painful process of learning it's lessons?

Secondly Sanchez was on 400k or less so that's a huge leap to go from that to 500k.

All of this ignores the fact that Pogba is currently on 290k... Why would the club feel the need to double his wages when 290k is the best he can ask for from any other club? At most, the club will offer to put him on a par with De Gea.
If he leaves for free in a years time he can ask for a huge signing on fee with wages on top. It's the same reason De Gea and Sanchez were on such big money. Pogba is worth more on the market than De Gea was at the time.

The Original

If he leaves for free in a years time he can ask for a huge signing on fee with wages on top. It's the same reason De Gea and Sanchez were on such big money. Pogba is worth more on the market than De Gea was at the time.
So who is going to offer him 500k wages?

If Pogba becomes a free agent, there are only 4 clubs in world football who can both offer him comparable wages to what he's getting now, without being a step down from Utd. These are Real Madrid, PSG, Man City, and Bayern. Juve are a significant step down at the moment, and Barca don't have the money. He's not going to City, Bayern and PSG aren't interested. That lives only Real Madrid. Real won't offer him much more than the players of a comparable standing there are getting, which are Kroos and Modric which are 329 and 294 thousand approximately. At best, they might offer him 350k in the event he moves for free, but note that he will be 29 by the time he becomes a free agent.

All utd have to do is offer him better wages than Real Madrid which means something in the region of 350 k.

Leftback99

So who is going to offer him 500k wages?

If Pogba becomes a free agent, there are only 4 clubs in world football who can both offer him comparable wages to what he's getting now, without being a step down from Utd. These are Real Madrid, PSG, Man City, and Bayern. Juve are a significant step down at the moment, and Barca don't have the money. He's not going to City, Bayern and PSG aren't interested. That lives only Real Madrid. Real won't offer him much more than the players of a comparable standing there are getting, which are Kroos and Modric which are 329 and 294 thousand approximately. At best, they might offer him 350k in the event he moves for free, but note that he will be 29 by the time he becomes a free agent.

All utd have to do is offer him better wages than Real Madrid which means something in the region of 350 k.
It depends whether you class the signing on fee he'll get as part of the 'weekly wage' or not. A £40m signing on fee next summer (reflecting no transfer fee) is the same as £200k a week over 4 years. Add in £300k a week wages on top and there's your £500k. It's why Ramsey is reportedly on '£400k a week' at Juve.

Jaxa

You’d hope they can strike a deal with Pogba whereby he signs a new contract but if we don’t qualify/win a CL title and or Prem title next season we will not hold him back and let him leave if a fair offer comes in, I think that’s a fair clause to have in his contract

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Now we're talking. I take this one, finally some evidence!

IMO this shows he needs to have a free role, playing him deep makes no sense as his impact is very limited and he's much much better in more advanced role. It's very surprising Ole is so adamant in Pogba playing in midfield two. Or was, maybe he's finally realized how to use Paul.

laughtersassassin

Now we're talking. I take this one, finally some evidence!

IMO this shows he needs to have a free role, playing him deep makes no sense as his impact is very limited and he's much much better in more advanced role. It's very surprising Ole is so adamant in Pogba playing in midfield two. Or was, maybe he's finally realized how to use Paul.
That probably stems from our other Midfielders not being anywhere near good enough passing wise.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
That probably stems from our other Midfielders not being anywhere near good enough passing wise.
It limits Pogba though, and doesn't make us overall better than with other options for midfield.

I think it has more to do with Ole wanting to keep Bruno in the team as much as possible (which IMO is a mistake because we could've given Pogba a run a few times in advanced role).

OverratedOpinion

Alexis who was on 250k a week, then 300k, then 350 ect. ect

It was amazing how we gave him weekly raises in line with the online newspapers needing more views.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Alexis who was on 250k a week, then 300k, then 350 ect. ect

It was amazing how we gave him weekly raises in line with the online newspapers needing more views.
Well inter were paying him 200k and we were still so keen to get his wages off the books we paid him 15 million and give him away for free with years left on his deal. That should give some kind of indication to the type of money he was on.

OverratedOpinion

Well inter were paying him 200k and we were still so keen to get his wages off the books we paid him 15 million and give him away for free with years left on his deal. That should give some kind of indication to the type of money he was on.
Probably 300 if I were to guess.

Maybe he was on 500, maybe a million. Who knows?

My thing is that it is weird that if the press say it enough then a year down the line it becomes gospel. We have no idea and neither do the press as United do not publicly release that information.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Where is this 500k a week figure from?
The press.

Even if they are wrong and it's more in the range of 400 to 425k a week do you think he deserves it?

Can you imagine what the other players are going to be asking for?

Pogba fan boys are the worst. He's not been good enough to earn a monster contract at 400, 450 or 500k a week.

He's going to leave anyway. Best for all parties. If he played like a 90m player I'd have no issue with him breaking our top wage earner. He doesn't though.

The Original

The press.

Even if they are wrong and it's more in the range of 400 to 425k a week do you think he deserves it?

Can you imagine what the other players are going to be asking for?

Pogba fan boys are the worst. He's not been good enough to earn a monster contract at 400, 450 or 500k a week.

He's going to leave anyway. Best for all parties. If he played like a 90m player I'd have no issue with him breaking our top wage earner. He doesn't though.
Before we get into the rest of your post, perhaps you could share which particular articles, or other content from the press you're referencing so that we have some common ground? I've no idea where the 400-425k figure comes from either and I'm not prepared to have a debate on something you've possibly made up in your head.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Before we get into the rest of your post, perhaps you could share which particular articles, or other content from the press you're referencing so that we have some common ground? I've no idea where the 400-425k figure comes from either and I'm not prepared to have a debate on something you've possibly made up in your head.
He's on 290,000 a week right now. That contract was signed nearly 5 years ago.

What are you expecting him to ask for? It's definitely not going to be less is it? Hahahahahaha

Have a think about what you're saying. He's going to be our too earner if he stays. That's pretty much a given.

Do you think he's earned that? Do you not think other players are going to question that.

1 goal last season. Only 5 this season so far. Why do our fans think our club will fall apart if he leaves? He's easily replaced. There's plenty of average midfielders who get the numbers he gets.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just had a look in all the papers, can’t find any reference of any potential 400-425k deal if he stays.

The Original

What are you expecting him to ask for? It's definitely not going to be less is it? Hahahahahaha

Have a think about what you're saying. He's going to be our too earner if he stays. That's pretty much a given.

Do you think he's earned that? Do you not think other players are going to question that.

1 goal last season. Only 5 this season so far. Why do our fans think our club will fall apart if he leaves? He's easily replaced. There's plenty of average midfielders who get the numbers he gets.
Is this an admission that there is no such press quoting 500k?

Moving on, since we're speculating, entirely, as to how much he might ask, let me ask, do you know of any other player who has had their earnings virtually doubled in a contract extension? If not, I struggle to see why you think he will ask for so much.

At best, he will ask to be on a par with Dave. That's reasonable.

Do I think he deserves 375k a week? Sure, why not. Perhaps you don't agree but this is entirely subjective from our various perspectives. What matters is whether Ole and the club agree that he is worth it, and who would you be to disagree with that?

Finally, as to plenty of average midfielders having better goal-scoring records, I would have to recommend that you deepen your understanding of football. A midfielder who predominantly plays in a double pivot is not expected to have a great scoring record. These sorts of players are not judged by how many goals they score but on other facets of their game such as passing.

If you insist that there are plenty of average midfielders who are as good as Pogba is at all the things he is good at, well have it.. who are they?

Leftback99

Is this an admission that there is no such press quoting 500k?

Moving on, since we're speculating, entirely, as to how much he might ask, let me ask, do you know of any other player who has had their earnings virtually doubled in a contract extension? If not, I struggle to see why you think he will ask for so much.

At best, he will ask to be on a par with Dave. That's reasonable.

Do I think he deserves 375k a week? Sure, why not. Perhaps you don't agree but this is entirely subjective from our various perspectives. What matters is whether Ole and the club agree that he is worth it, and who would you be to disagree with that?

Finally, as to plenty of average midfielders having better goal-scoring records, I would have to recommend that you deepen your understanding of football. A midfielder who predominantly plays in a double pivot is not expected to have a great scoring record. These sorts of players are not judged by how many goals they score but on other facets of their game such as passing.

If you insist that there are plenty of average midfielders who are as good as Pogba is at all the things he is good at, well have it.. who are they?
De Gea, in the same situation of a year left until he could leave for nothing.

Raven

You simply don't understand football.

Raveneye

So Pogba has created a goal from the same tactic two games in a row now. Playing on the left, he makes himself available near the post to draw a defender, outmuscles him for a header backwards across goal into a friendly player to score. It makes use of Pogba's strength, stature and vision which he has more of than Rashford.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He won't get £500,000 a week. That will be Riola's opener. He will probably end up between 300k and 400k. A good proportion of that will go on taxes. He will probably end up withabout 10 mil a year in his pocket. Who cares? He will make a truck load off image rights too. He is a mega rich superstar and he will be filthy rich his whole life. I think Utd hould try and sign him up on another contract. Ole manages him well and he is entertaining to watch and productive for the team.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@Borys

2 things:

1. @P-Nut made the point that Telles has far better PPG than Shaw, so obviously, by your metric, he's superior? In fact, Shaw's stats are worse than Pogba's! United score a full goal fewer every 90 mins just because the rest of the team has to carry this substandard leftback :(

2. This is the 1st time ever that these stats are negative for Pogba. This also happens to be a season with a 6-1 defeat for which he was present and a 6-2 and 9-0 win for which he was absent. Coincidentally, Shaw was removed at HT for both of those wins and played the full 90 vs Spurs. I wonder if that might have anything to do with the stats.

city-puma

As much as I love him stay, 500K is too much for the club’s pay structure. No good for long term. We should move on.

The United

It limits Pogba though, and doesn't make us overall better than with other options for midfield.

I think it has more to do with Ole wanting to keep Bruno in the team as much as possible (which IMO is a mistake because we could've given Pogba a run a few times in advanced role).
So, we should not keep Bruno in the team as much as possible to fix that mistake?

I am in Pogba in crowd.

But, what does that even mean?

The Original

So Pogba has created a goal from the same tactic two games in a row now. Playing on the left, he makes himself available near the post to draw a defender, outmuscles him for a header backwards across goal into a friendly player to score. It makes use of Pogba's strength, stature and vision which he has more of than Rashford.
More importantly, he has a near-telepathic relationship with Cavani. That's three goals from them combining in 2 games, if you cnut the wrongly overruled one.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If Pogba kept up his present form he would command around 400/500k on a free transfer after the 2022/23 season on a 5-year contract. The accountants at United will point to the fact Pogba's replacement would very likely cost around 60 Million, add the new players' salary of 250k a week over a 5 year period then it's not far off what Pogba/Riola is asking.

A 3-year contract extension with a fat check for Riola would suit both parties at the moment with resources tight at present to spend big on a replacement player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If Pogba kept up his present form he would command around 400/500k on a free transfer after the 2022/23 season on a 5-year contract. The accountants at United will point to the fact Pogba's replacement would very likely cost around 60 Million, add the new players' salary of 250k a week over a 5 year period then it's not far off what Pogba/Riola is asking.

A 3-year contract extension with a fat check for Riola would suit both parties at the moment with resources tight at present to spend big on a replacement player.
Only diff is that Pogs is injured a lot and I don't see it improving as he ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.