Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
@Borys

2 things:

1. @P-Nut made the point that Telles has far better PPG than Shaw, so obviously, by your metric, he's superior? In fact, Shaw's stats are worse than Pogba's! United score a full goal fewer every 90 mins just because the rest of the team has to carry this substandard leftback :(

2. This is the 1st time ever that these stats are negative for Pogba. This also happens to be a season with a 6-1 defeat for which he was present and a 6-2 and 9-0 win for which he was absent. Coincidentally, Shaw was removed at HT for both of those wins and played the full 90 vs Spurs. I wonder if that might have anything to do with the stats.
1. Telles is an understudy, he started a total number of 1 game against top half of the table (vs West Ham). That's pretty straight forward and easy to explain. He also played 1/3 of Pogba minutes.

2. That's interesting. And worrying. It also shows there is a problem with him this season, which is my point.

Red00012

It’s amazing what stories the caf will believe regarding Pogba no matter what the source is.

Zen86

He’s playing well and in the limelight a bit lately. He’s preparing to either leave or hugely inflate his contract, knowing his agent this isn’t going to be quiet or straightforward.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
have people not learnt that the likes of the Star, Mirror and Sunday Sport print this shit to…

actually, well done them, they have targeted their demographic and succeeded yet again:lol:
Yeah, believing that nonsense and then use it against player.

Pogba's contract was leaked long back and almost everyone who followed the news back then knows the details. He makes around 144k in basic, then have bunch of clauses like CL qualification, loyalty bonus and image rights. He gets 3 million from image rights.

Somehow he will get hike from 144k to 500k and then on top of that image rights thing too

laughtersassassin

Very reasonable. We simply don't win enough trophies.

EL is a must win. No excuses can be made tbh

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah, believing that nonsense and then use it against player.

Pogba's contract was leaked long back and almost everyone who followed the news back then knows the details. He makes around 144k in basic, then have bunch of clauses like CL qualification, loyalty bonus and image rights. He gets 3 million from image rights.

Somehow he will get hike from 144k to 500k and then on top of that image rights thing too

I’m just wondering how image rights work? Do we just pay him per year if we use his name/photos which we actually did every year for new kit or new commercial clothes we produced? If that’s the case then that image right and loyalty bonuses are very reachable as every time he stays in the club in that one full year, by end of the year he will earn the 3.75m easily.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Would be interesting to see what happens with him though. Fat cnut clearly said he wants to go and Fabrizio said he would have been a Juve player last season. So I don't think anyone should get their hopes up of him signing a new contract just because he's performing and smiling. He's a professional.

If he doesn't extend I'm unsure of what the club will do. We'd obviously sell if the price is right but I can't see anyone paying what we want and letting him go for free on two different occasions is just bizzare.

I think the likeliest scenario is a swap deal with Juve or Madrid for any of Varane, Ronaldo, Dybala, Bentancur. Or Psg pay up. Or he decides to extend maybe after we win Europa and finish second place

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Would be interesting to see what happens with him though. Fat cnut clearly said he wants to go and Fabrizio said he would have been a Juve player last season. So I don't think anyone should get their hopes up of him signing a new contract just because he's performing and smiling. He's a professional.

If he doesn't extend I'm unsure of what the club will do. We'd obviously sell if the price is right but I can't see anyone paying what we want and letting him go for free on two different occasions is just bizzare.

I think the likeliest scenario is a swap deal with Juve or Madrid for any of Varane, Ronaldo, Dybala, Bentancur. Or Psg pay up. Or he decides to extend maybe after we win Europa and finish second place
Basically every scenario we end up with a worse player and worse Midfield mainly because our club is very incompetent.

Pogba isn't to blame on this as there is nothing wrong with wanting to go and even Raiola isn't to blame though he is a cnut.

Only scenario I'd sign a contract if I was him is with an EL win and an actual good summer in terms of other incomings. If we repeat last summer it another sign we got no ambition

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is this an admission that there is no such press quoting 500k?

Moving on, since we're speculating, entirely, as to how much he might ask, let me ask, do you know of any other player who has had their earnings virtually doubled in a contract extension? If not, I struggle to see why you think he will ask for so much.

At best, he will ask to be on a par with Dave. That's reasonable.

Do I think he deserves 375k a week? Sure, why not. Perhaps you don't agree but this is entirely subjective from our various perspectives. What matters is whether Ole and the club agree that he is worth it, and who would you be to disagree with that?

Finally, as to plenty of average midfielders having better goal-scoring records, I would have to recommend that you deepen your understanding of football. A midfielder who predominantly plays in a double pivot is not expected to have a great scoring record. These sorts of players are not judged by how many goals they score but on other facets of their game such as passing.

If you insist that there are plenty of average midfielders who are as good as Pogba is at all the things he is good at, well have it.. who are they?
Theres been a few mate. There's even one in this morning's press. Go read it. Talk about perfect timing.

He's on 290k from a 5 year old contact. Do you think he's going to be happy with same again? How naive can you be.

He's going to want minimum 450 I reckon to even consider staying.

It's time to say Au Revoir.

city-puma

Where did you get this figure?
At this time of the season, after he gradually regains his form after the injury and starts contributing, apparently the number came out of his agent intentionally.
I just hope pogba can perform his best toward the end of season and help the team finish as strong as possible.
I guess we won’t match 500K to make him stay. It’s not healthy. He can leave to go to a club willing to match it. If we won Europa league, at least he can leave with pride and honor. Good for every party if that’s the case.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Does he really fit into an Ole team? He likes 2 deep pivots and I feel like Pogba is massively playing within himself there. In an ideal world we have a top DM and can go to a 433, but I don't think that's where Ole is taking the team.

Alternative is shoe horning him onto the left, but it's a mixed bag out there.

Zen86

Theres been a few mate. There's even one in this morning's press. Go read it. Talk about perfect timing.

He's on 290k from a 5 year old contact. Do you think he's going to be happy with same again? How naive can you be.

He just isn’t worth that kind of money at the end of the day. It’s all well and good when he’s playing well, but he may well revert back to his good ol’ characteristic United form after signing a bumper contract. He’s certainly not irreplaceable, but we’re not the most incisive when it comes to buying players.

Last edited:

Lappen

Does he really fit into an Ole team? He likes 2 deep pivots and I feel like Pogba is massively playing within himself there. In an ideal world we have a top DM and can go to a 433, but I don't think that's where Ole is taking the team.

Alternative is shoe horning him onto the left, but it's a mixed bag out there.
I think its really interesting how good it turned out with a creativ player like Pogba on the left. We are probably to easy to read when we play three no 9 up front.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He just isn’t worth that kind of money at the end of the day. It’s all well and good when he’s playing well, but he may well revert back to his good ol’ characteristic United form after signing a bumper contract. He’s certainly not irreplaceable, but we’re not the most inclusive when it comes to buying players.
Exactly. I totally agree.

Try telling that to his fanclub on here. They seem to love Pogba more than the club. Hope some swan off with him when he does go.

Scott Mctomminay has played CDM 90% of season and scored more goals than Pogba. Now I'm not saying for a second he's got the same ability but just shows how badly Pogba underperforms for us.

5 goals and 5 assists is nothing special at all. It's actually very very average. He's the most replaceable big name player we will have sold for years. Not worried at all.

predator

Youth NITK
He ain't going anywhere. Will sign a new contract. Will become vital in our pursuit of next seasons pl title.
Pogba haters will still be moaning.

Carl

I think its really interesting how good it turned out with a creativ player like Pogba on the left. We are probably to easy to read when we play three no 9 up front.
Yep. I like him there, but our lack of pace in up front and lack of a right winger hurts us a little.

Carl

He ain't going anywhere. Will sign a new contract. Will become vital in our pursuit of next seasons pl title.
Pogba haters will still be moaning.
He certainly isn't going anywhere. I hope you're right about the rest too.

TsuWave

De Gea's (widely reported) £375k a week would be a bare mimimum you would think. Then we had Sanchez who was rumoured to be on even more. £500k a week is a fair estimate. All the power is with Pogba/Raiola if we try to keep him.
this is such a crazy post. the leaps in logic. it legit reads like this:

so you guys really just pulling up random numbers from nowhere and arguing against it?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

so you guys really just pulling up random numbers from nowhere and arguing against it?
Random? There's literally a story in today's press saying him and the snake Raiola want 500k a week.

Is it true? Who knows? Do you honestly think they will be asking for much less? He's not going to want the same as 5 years ago is he?

Stop making excuses for him. He's not earned the right to be our top earner. Can only imagine what giving him even 400k a week would do to the dressing room.

Get rid. He's had 5 years and underwhelmed. Time for somebody else.

Lappen

Yep. I like him there, but our lack of pace in up front and lack of a right winger hurts us a little.
Agree! I'm a Sancho in person :0)

This summer is going to be busy for Woodward and gang. Just the Pogba thing is going to be a saga...

Lappen

Random? There's literally a story in today's press saying him and the snake Raiola want 500k a week.

Is it true? Who knows? Do you honestly think they will be asking for much less? He's not going to want the same as 5 years ago is he?

Stop making excuses for him. He's not earned the right to be our top earner. Can only imagine what giving him even 400k a week would do to the dressing room.

But the alternative probably going to cost more.... unless you are thinking about saddle with DvdB as the replacement.

The Original

What a ridiculous comment. Have I said he's going to want to 290k again? Do we live in a world where it's 290k and nothing in between that and your varying figures of 425k, 450k, and 500k?

The Original

At this time of the season, after he gradually regains his form after the injury and starts contributing, apparently the number came out of his agent intentionally.
I just hope pogba can perform his best toward the end of season and help the team finish as strong as possible.
I guess we won’t match 500K to make him stay. It’s not healthy. He can leave to go to a club willing to match it. If we won Europa league, at least he can leave with pride and honor. Good for every party if that’s the case.
Wonder if you could provide a link to this? I've seen this figure thrown around so much without any concrete links to where it's from.

TsuWave

Are you usually this emotional? You're coming up with these numbers, when asked to source them, you reply with "the press". When people say that posting random numbers and using them as the basis of your argument as to why he shouldn't be offered a new deal might not be the smartest (I'm being generous) thing to do, you reply with "stop making excuses for him"

does any of this not strike you as odd? :confused:

TsuWave

What a ridiculous comment. Have I said he's going to want to 290k again? Do we live in a world where it's 290k and nothing in between that and your varying figures of 425k, 450k, and 500k?
I'm so confused by that poster and how their wild replies are seemingly logical/make sense to them :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Do you think Raiola will accept less than or even the same as De Gea's contract (whatever figure that is)?

AttackAttackAttack

Quick question. Have we ever tried Pogba as a false nine? I’d like to see a 4-3-3 with rashford to his left and Greenwood to his right and Bruno in midfield. He potentially has the physical attributes and short passing skills to pull it off. I know we would miss his passing from deep but he has not been playing in the pivot lately. He wouldn’t replace a natural 9 banging them in but I’d still like to see how it would play out.

city-puma

Wonder if you could provide a link to this? I've seen this figure thrown around so much without any concrete links to where it's from.
It’s everywhere really. As I said, it has to be a word from his agent to let it out like this in such a timing. It’s a negotiation tactic his agent always does.
however, I think it at least carries a positive. That is pogba actually wants to stay. This is probably his last, the most important contract. It’s understandable that he wants as much as possible.

kiristao

Another brilliant game by Pogba. When he plays like this, it gives Bruno the freedom to play much further ahead.

slored1

Another dominant performance. Get that CDM next to him and we will be consistently great again.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Very good game, he did well in both positions. Burnley didn't bother him much when played in midfield, but he's twice the player at the edge of the penalty area.

Status
Not open for further replies.