6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R77

He actually isn't hard to replace. His current position in the team either on the left where one of our best players shines there. Or at the double pivot where his abilities are watered down and he even becomes a liability at times. So at that double pivot he is easy to replace. And if we were to play him on the left, I doubt many will complain if we replaced him with Sancho and Rashford who both excel there.
This is pretty much how I see it too, though it's undoubtedly an unpopular opinion. He's easier to replace as a wide option, and has never really become what we wanted in the middle.

I maintain that the biggest issue with him is not anything to do with his ability, but his status. What would be best for the team would be to sometimes leave him out. He's also obviously an incredible option from the bench in those situations, as we saw earlier in the season. His status and his agent bleating in the media make that very difficult, so it's shoehorn him in to the occasional detriment of the team, or have a furore. He's as much a problem as a solution sometimes. Paul Proglem.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Always funny when Pogba has an off day :lol:

He’s rubbish, must be sold, 1 good game in 10.

Bore off. Everyone was crap against Liverpool. He’s been along with Shaw and Maguire our best player week in week out since December.

Polar

I really like Pogba and we don’t have to sell him, but I think it will be smart to sell now: 1. before his contract expire and 2. to buy a midfielder who fits our play and system better (balance our midfield better).

Pogba is one of our best players, but he makes it difficult for us to develop our current system and build a midfield for the future.

Marwood

Always funny when Pogba has an off day :lol:

He’s rubbish, must be sold, 1 good game in 10.

Bore off. Everyone was crap against Liverpool. He’s been along with Shaw and Maguire our best player week in week out since December.
He was poor against Roma as well, 2 games ago. So two off days in his last three.

I know you have this rule where his bad performances don't count if the team performance wasn't great. Along with the only games post December count rule.

But nonetheless we should be able to at least say if he's been poor or not when most are looking to check his consistency.

Frank White

Rough game. Didn't create much, if anything, passing was off and gave away a few needless fouls also seemed to be playing at walking pace. Looked very out of sorts.

Godfather

Been crap too the last couple of games. Just like Shaw. Hitting shit form before the most important game of the season.

Swiss_Red89

I actually don't like him on the left wing. Apart from the Roma game and maybe Milan away he has not convinced me there. I seem to be one of the only ones who prefer him in the middle of the pitch atm.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Thought he typified the performance really... A bit half arsed
Too often during games he just stops participating and watches. This leaves him on the back foot. Happened a lot today. when he's good he's incredible but the frequency of that is low. I wavered a bit mid-season but as of now I'm fine if he wants to leave.

Djemba-Djemba

Gone right off the boil again.

Every time he puts a run together and you start to see what all the fuss is about he seems to follow it by taking the next month off to cruise.

Devil may care

Used the ball well in both halfs but it's no coincidence that when he moved into the double pivot Fulham got more into game.

Red_toad

Isn't a left winger, we have better options. Should have started alongside Fred. One of our worst performers today, our most expensive player ever should be doing far more.

Bobski

It has looked a great deal like he has been saving himself for the final and Summer in the last couple of weeks, not focused on some fairly meaningless end of season encounters. Understandable to a point but also a key part of the Pogba problem.

I think he has ended up having a fairly decent season after a poor start, not spectacular perhaps but a positive influence in the main.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I quite like what he brings as a wide attacking player. So long as we can find a way to compensate for his lack of defensive effort he adds a lot to the team going forwards.

Having said that it really is amazing how much worse we are whenever he’s asked to play the position he was supposedly signed to play. Even more so when you consider the obvious limitations of the two players who ended up ahead of him in the pecking order for that position. You can slag off McFred all you want but it’s considerably better than any line-up which features Pogba in central midfield.

Art

Art the artist
I quite like what he brings as a wide attacking player. So long as we can find a way to compensate for his lack of defensive effort he adds a lot to the team going forwards.

Having said that it really is amazing how much worse we are whenever he’s asked to play the position he was supposedly signed to play. Even more so when you consider the obvious limitations of the two players who ended up ahead of him in the pecking order for that position. You can slag off McFred all you want but it’s considerably better than any line-up which features Pogba in central midfield.
What's funny is he'll be playing in a 2 man CM with Kante at the Euros, but I suppose it is easier playing alongside Kante..

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He only works well as a left sided (wide) midfielder when no one expects it.
Not doubting his effort or talent but those star performances tend to arise where Ole has taken the opposition off guard somewhat.

He still needs to play in a 3 just off Bruno but as we've seen time and time again that only really works when he has a partner behind him that would do the majority of defensive leg work.

We really should've put in a strong bid when Lampard and Chelsea were starting to doubt Kante's effectiveness. :lol:

Lassitude42

He looks slow and heavy to me. He isn't a left winger. He's never played well consistently at CM. I think this summer is a good time to sell if we can.

croadyman

I think there is a strong possibility he will run his contract down and IF City don't take him then fully expecting us to go all in for Grealish next summer as honestly feel he is made to play for Utd and would relish the opportunity.

Last edited:

Highfather_24

Having said that it really is amazing how much worse we are whenever he’s asked to play the position he was supposedly signed to play.
Which is definitely the fault of our recruitment team/managers, considering his position at Juventus was also at the left of a midfield, with almost no defensive duty. So its weird to ask a player to play in a position which is not his best, then slag him for it.

Now watch him play brilliantly in a midfield 2 in the Euros when he has a good DM alongside him, rather than McFred.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I actually don't like him on the left wing. Apart from the Roma game and maybe Milan away he has not convinced me there. I seem to be one of the only ones who prefer him in the middle of the pitch atm.
What about Spurs, Aston Villa & Granada? He's just more effective in the middle against teams that park the bus but more effective on the left against teams willing to press high.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Which is definitely the fault of our recruitment team/managers, considering his position at Juventus was also at the left of a midfield, with almost no defensive duty. So its weird to ask a player to play in a position which is not his best, then slag him for it.

Now watch him play brilliantly in a midfield 2 in the Euros when he has a good DM alongside him, rather than McFred.
They play diamond or back three lately in France, not in double pivot. He's no longer playing with KanTuidi. :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think there is a strong possibility he will run his contract down and IF City don't take him then fully expecting us to go all in for Grealish next summer as honestly feel he is made to play for Utd and would relish the opportunity.
Agreed, I can't see anyone buying him for the money we'd ask when he could be a free agent 12 months later.

Grealish, would energise the sh*t out of us, I'd love to see him with us.

MattofManchester

As much as I love him as a player, the fact that we're always wondering "if" he's going to turn up for this game or the next is a problem.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
As much as I love him as a player, the fact that we're always wondering "if" he's going to turn up for this game or the next is a problem.
Jesus. He’s turned up as much as pretty much any player we have since December. Played as badly as everyone else since we took our collective foot off the gas for the final.....and he’s a problem. No one else just Pogba. It’s absolutely ridiculous the scrutiny he lives under. No problem people saying he’s been crap since Villa. Everyone has. But it always has to be more than that with Pogba.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What's funny is he'll be playing in a 2 man CM with Kante at the Euros, but I suppose it is easier playing alongside Kante..
:lol:

He’ll either play in a 3 with Kante and Rabiot or in a 2 with Kante who basically never goes forward and with pavard and Hernandez as full backs who’ll tuck in and cover his forward movements. Pogba is an absolute liability in a midfield 2 in our set up. We also rely heavily on our full back to advance our play out from the back and provide width so we can’t sacrifice them. I don’t know how much more evidence people need. Oh it must be his partner when Pogba is literally seen dozens of times during his time here giving the ball away soft and not tracking back and it has lead to as many goals, penalties and chances against as anything fred or McT have given away yet he’s somehow still the answer. We’ve also tried him with Fred, McT, Matic and Herrera that’s 100 plus million of trying to unlock Pogba in the middle that’s already failed. Let’s just add Rice and try again. It’s foolproof. I often wonder do posters actually watch the games or are they just all about reputation and squeezing as many big names in as possible. Pogba can play on the left, on the left in a 3 or possibly in a pivot in a much different system but I don’t see Ole changing system to accommodate him in the middle anymore.

tjb

:lol:

He’ll either play in a 3 with Kante and Rabiot or in a 2 with Kante who basically never goes forward and with pavard and Hernandez as full backs who’ll tuck in and cover his forward movements. Pogba is an absolute liability in a midfield 2 in our set up. We also rely heavily on our full back to advance our play out from the back and provide width so we can’t sacrifice them. I don’t know how much more evidence people need. Oh it must be his partner when Pogba is literally seen dozens of times during his time here giving the ball away soft and not tracking back and it has lead to as many goals, penalties and chances against as anything fred or McT have given away yet he’s somehow still the answer. We’ve also tried him with Fred, McT, Matic and Herrera that’s 100 plus million of trying to unlock Pogba in the middle that’s already failed. Let’s just add Rice and try again. It’s foolproof. I often wonder do posters actually watch the games or are they just all about reputation and squeezing as many big names in as possible. Pogba can play on the left, on the left in a 3 or possibly in a pivot in a much different system but I don’t see Ole changing system to accommodate him in the middle anymore.
Would not surprise me if France changed to what we are currently doing. They struggle on the left hand side plus Pogba and Kante as a duo is not the best for possession purposes. Defensively Kante has to do a lot.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
He has had an ok season - Its strange to think back at the hype around him when he came for that world record fee. I think he saw himself winning titles with United then moving on to Real 3 or 4 years later. He could have given so much more in my opinion.
I guess its past the point where selling is an option and there dont seem to be sny suitors anymore.
He can sign up with a foreign club on a free at the end of the year. Will be an anticlimax for us but could see him being really good elsewhere if they are competing for titlrs

AgentSmith

Would not surprise me if France changed to what we are currently doing. They struggle on the left hand side plus Pogba and Kante as a duo is not the best for possession purposes. Defensively Kante has to do a lot.
Kante Rabiot
Mbappé Griezmann Pogba
Benzema​

That seems a very nicely balanced front 6.

MattofManchester

Jesus. He’s turned up as much as pretty much any player we have since December. Played as badly as everyone else since we took our collective foot off the gas for the final.....and he’s a problem. No one else just Pogba. It’s absolutely ridiculous the scrutiny he lives under. No problem people saying he’s been crap since Villa. Everyone has. But it always has to be more than that with Pogba.
That's exactly the point. Paul Pogba is one of the best footballers at this club. If he's falling by the wayside with many of our other(less talented) players rather than trying to press on and be the man who stands out, that IS a problem. It is one of many stumbling blocks that this club currently has, but nonetheless it's an issue.

Manchester United currently has an issue with inconsistent players and players who don't have consistent performances or mentality for that matter. It is one of the problems we have that is something this club has to work on to progress again next season.

We have some who stand out on occasion. Paul does on occasion stand out, but not enough to justify the importance that is attached to him, or that he wants attached to himself.

Also, last I checked, this is the "Paul Pogba" thread, so it is going to have both criticism and praise for Paul Pogba.
Since you're so bent on being "hurr durr what about other players urr", why don't you go take a look at those threads?

Nobody has been above criticism, not even our best. If that offends your delicate sensitivities, I'm really not bothered.

Not sure what has been "more than that".
He's got a year left on his contract, has been injury-prone and inconsistent and very hard to judge given he goes on a blinder and then becomes very average again. It is a problem for the club to resolve on whether they decide to bank on him reaching a greater level of form next season or whether they choose to move on and look to a player who gives the team greater balance and consistency.
Not really that hard to understand.

Tallis

If Juventus can get rid of Ronaldo and Rabiot, they may be able to afford him with some deferred fee structure. I will take it to be honest - otherwise we get zero next season and I don’t think his contributions over one season are going to be enough for us to loose €40-50m of fee.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If Juventus can get rid of Ronaldo and Rabiot, they may be able to afford him with some deferred fee structure. I will take it to be honest - otherwise we get zero next season and I don’t think his contributions over one season are going to be enough for us to loose €40-50m of fee.
Not Rabiot. Straight swap with De Ligt!!

Ronaldo at this point cost free imo, I'm sure Juventus wouldn't mind to let him go for free so let's not take their bait to pay. He's world class but his wages creates problem for his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.