Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
World class player when allowed do play in 2nd gear, but when he's asked to speed things up, he looks just like any other midfielder. Definitely not a player we should put or hopes on if things are rough. It feels weird some people think we should build team around this guy.
And I'm ignoring his defensive flaws.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Was poor today and dwelled on the ball a lot. Improved in the second half and started spraying passes around before being substituted which i thought was bit unlucky considering some other players were much worse. Is lacking fitness and it is showing. He looks proper gassed by 60 min
I thought he was the worst player on the pitch. Yet again a liability in our midfield. Get rid and bring in someone who will actually graft.

pawanraj

When Kondogbia is running rings around you, that should show you that grit and keeping it simple is as effective and sometimes a lot more. Wish the penny would drop with Pogba. He could be so good if he tweaked his game
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

captaincantona

Whatever about general form or form over his United career...I can only recall a couple of times he has stepped up in big games when needed. Like it or not, he is considered to be one of our experienced and top players. He has been there and done that - World Cup, league wins etc. Varane and Ronaldo the same. None took any responsibility last night and took a hold of the game or the team and calmed us down.

disappointing again when we needed him most.

Oranges038

Standard from him at this stage. Same old disappearing act, he's done it the last few games too but only after half time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We did but midfield looked a lot more dangerous when Pogba came off and we played Matic as a 6 allowing Fred to Fred further up the pitch.
I thought Elanga made the biggest difference to be fair. He stretched them and made more space. I also thought Pogba was growin into the second half after a really poor first half, although not thee worst, but the sub was a good sub at the time because even a 1-0 defeat would’ve been a good result. For sure bringing off Pogba didn’t cause the defender to dive in or the keeper to over compensate.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
In any of the games that Pogba played well in he ended up getting stuck in and making it happen. You can’t saunter and pull off a really nice pass or two and call it a good midfield performance. You have to roll the sleeves up and take control. Otherwise the better teams will always outdo you.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I thought Elanga made the biggest difference to be fair. He stretched them and made more space. I also thought Pogba was growin into the second half after a really poor first half, although not thee worst, but the sub was a good sub at the time because even a 1-0 defeat would’ve been a good result. For sure bringing off Pogba didn’t cause the defender to dive in or the keeper to over compensate.

Here's the goal - Pogba has all the talent in the world, but one of his biggest flaws is he holds onto the ball for way too long. Fred at least plays 1 touch / 2 touch moving the ball quickly. If that was Pogba receiving the ball where Fred was, I'm not sure he would have passed it on so quickly.

Taking Pogba off and moving Fred further forward allowed us to play with greater impetus.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Here's the goal - Pogba has all the talent in the world, but one of his biggest flaws is he holds onto the ball for way too long. Fred at least plays 1 touch / 2 touch moving the ball quickly. If that was Pogba receiving the ball where Fred was, I'm not sure he would have passed it on so quickly.

Taking Pogba off and moving Fred further forward allowed us to play with greater impetus.
That slow mo clip is so cool! Good goal that.

crossy1686

career ending

I literally said this about Pogba last week and some poster accused me of damming him with 'fake praise' when Fred and McTomminay are worse.

You're right though, he has two modes of operation. Hold the ball too long, or give the ball too quickly before the forward line are ready for it. Sometimes it works for him either way but half the time he get's caught out.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
That slow mo clip is so cool! Good goal that.
I knicked it from another poster in the post match thread.
I literally said this about Pogba last week and some poster accused me of damming him with 'fake praise' when Fred and McTomminay are worse.

You're right though, he has two modes of operation. Hold the ball too long, or give the ball too quickly before the forward line are ready for it. Sometimes it works for him either way but half the time he get's caught out.
No I agree with you.

He’s a WC talent no doubt. I’d play him against all the teams other than the big games (big 6, and the best European teams) as he’ll get found out. Against your Leeds, Brightons etc he can do the business.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Fred fast ball to Bruno has been such an effective pass for us since Bruno has come in. In the modern game you need to be able to put the work in behind to effect the flow of the game and then play the pass forward on the turnover. Against good teams I feel like in midfield it’s a choice between Bruno or Pogba for that AM position. What I would do is play Sancho right and Pogba left in the return and leave Rashford on the bench. Elanga to come on again if we need him.

Never thought I’d say this but we missed McT last night.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Yes you won’t find many many instances of Pogba playing a first time pass in a tight space in every game.

lex talionis

A poor performance overall, but the fizzed pass to Bruno was right off the top shelf. The man’s ability is astonishing, though his application is inconsistent.

Witchking

For everyone at the club.
If your midfield is having a bad game that means it's more pressure for the defense and the forwards do not get in to the game. So him having a bad game is the reason the rest of the team could not do much. The Midfielder should be driving the game, controlling the tempo. Bruno and Pogba both were atrocious.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If your midfield is having a bad game that means it's more pressure for the defense and the forwards do not get in to the game. So him having a bad game is the reason the rest of the team could not do much. The Midfielder should be driving the game, controlling the tempo. Bruno and Pogba both were atrocious.
Wow it’s that simple. It’s a wonder 22 players and coaches don’t realise this week in week out.

Sylar

I think we all expected a poor game. He doesnt have many good games for us in big games.
And he certainly doesnt have many back to back great games for us.
Or two or three good games in a week.

Bobski

His fitness levels are disappointing. It was not as if he was out for a year, 3 months out and 6 games into his comeback and he still looks a way off top shape.

To be fair, he is a big guy and it can take a while to get up to speed but he is further off that I hoped.

dubplate warrior

This. Once again it comes down to the space in midfield and how easy it is to play through us. If you don't have a natural 6 and also play Bruno than there is just too much space in the middle.

People who want Pogba shipped need a reality check, Mctominay, Fred and Bruno are all shocking in terms of general retention and executing the basics. It's why we looked much more composed in the middle when Matic came on (even if it was for Pogba, who had a poor first half). In reality our best midfield in Europe would probably be Matic, Pogba and Fred both playing as 8s. It has technical ability and line breaking passes in Matic and Pogba, work rate in Fred and Positional discipline from Matic.

Greck

Pogba is being played out of position, like most of our players. Terrible squad building.
Funny enough he actually looked better when moved out of position yesterday but in general I personally don't believe in him or any of these midfielders to deliver. They are so talented but it's 50/50 for it to translate when it matters most.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
what happen to that Pogba on Ole's early weeks in charge? He was like the sun, the center of others around him.

Xanther

what happen to that Pogba on Ole's early weeks in charge? He was like the sun, the center of others around him.
He got moved from that attacking midfielder position, the same position he wowed the world at Juve in. Consequently, that super Pogba was gone

He's a victim of his own versatility. Put an attack-minded player in a more neutral position, you can only expect inconsistent results

Gottabekiddingme

Funny enough he actually looked better when moved out of position yesterday but in general I personally don't believe in him or any of these midfielders to deliver. They are so talented but it's 50/50 for it to translate when it matters most.
Personally thought was horrible throughout.

Whats is pogbas recognised posistion? And what posistion has he been playing in that is out of posistion?
You know, I can go on and explain but end of the day our players don't compliment each other at all. You can bring Pep and he wouldn't make it work.

united for life

this question goes to the whole squad. We had a good run during Ole’s first weeks in charge - the whole team not just paul.

nonetheless, he is too inconsistent. I’d rather he leaves for free this summer because the alternative would be paying him a big amount of money which he just doesnt deserve based on his performances

Longshanks

Personally thought was horrible throughout.

You know, I can go on and explain but end of the day our players don't compliment each other at all. You can bring Pep and he wouldn't make it work.
Please do explain because iv heard it all. He has played at 10 he's played at 8 he's played at 6 he has even played on the left wing in his time here and he has never been consistent he has too many games where he dissapears, gets bullied and gives away the ball for fun and thats whereever he plays.

I think he lacks elite mentality. Able to produce very good performances for short periods but unable to consistently produce good performances, its like he's not switched on alot of the time.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Here we go again...

Let's just play him in goal, maybe that's his best position?
Exactly this!

Kongdobia shat all over him. He's a WC winner ffs, he should be doing A LOT better in a KO game in the CL. Sure, he had a decent 6 min spell in the 2nd half but it's not good enough. Compare his performance to Bellingham and its night and day! Time we get rid at the end of the season and move on from this saga.

laughtersassassin

Played well made good Chances. Win and people would praise the performance.

Though I'm sure people will be hyperbolic over that one ball he didn't get to after the AWB poor pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.