Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He's really not gonna be a great loss. What we need is a solid 7/10 midfielder, and we will see a major difference.

dirkey

The bald pogba… good to see him showing support for our incoming manager ten Haag. :smirk: On a serious note, we need him to up his game against athletico… he needs to dominate the midfield on the biggest stage, if his performances drop and he gets no interest in the summer I can see him signing a new contract.
If his preformances drop? Can they drop? He's dismal.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If his preformances drop? Can they drop? He's dismal.
When he first came back from injury the first couple of games he was good and showed the quality he has but he isn’t consistent enough. He has 1 good game in about 3.

allen7

He’s going to drop a Man of the match performance against Atletico.

dirkey

He’s going to drop a Man of the match performance against Atletico.
Ha! In a big game? More likely he'll be invisible. Bar those moments he tries to stand on the ball in our half, holding off two players and giving the ball away stupidly.

Redlyn

When he first came back from injury the first couple of games he was good and showed the quality he has but he isn’t consistent enough. He has 1 good game in about 3.
Not even an entire good game. He would have a good half only.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ashley Young baldness ✅
Whats the next step to improve him further..? pigeon. We need to fly them at OT. The more pigeons the better the chance.

mctrials23

Feels like Pogba and so many fans on here are bi-polar. Hes sublime one game, doesn't do anything for the next 4 and then makes an assist again and suddenly people are excusing the previous 4 games and acting like thats good enough for any top team.

De Bruyne puts in 7/10 performances (a normal players 8+) in probably 80% of games, almost never has shockers and regularly just absolutely wins games on his own almost. Thats why hes one of the best in the world and Pogba isn't. Consistency. I think he will end up at PSG and do well for them but they will have the same issues as always. Too many luxury players and too few team players.

Liverpool and Chelsea are the same. Their midfielders are rarely tearing it up, they just go about their job and enable the team to function game in game out. Thats what we need. Good, solid players who don't flit between the sublime and ridiculous all the time and make the system work.

Sylar

Liverpool and Chelsea are the same. Their midfielders are rarely tearing it up, they just go about their job and enable the team to function game in game out. Thats what we need. Good, solid players who don't flit between the sublime and ridiculous all the time and make the system work.
Agree with this. We dont need 'world class' midfielders where you dont know what performance you will get.
Also we need a system where the solid players can do the job and thus know their role, so if they are out, we have people who can come in and do the same. One that protects the defence and gets the ball to our better attacking players.

MattofManchester

What with him leaving, I think he needs to be dropped.
Or played in that wide role where he doesn't hurt the midfield again.

Give Bruno the central role in midfield again and partner him with high pressing protection, being McFred.

We need to win as many games as possible for the reason of this season to even have a chance at top 4,and he just doesn't do enough.
He's not fit enough, his pressing isn't very committed, he's not press resistant(it's 50/50 tbf), he's defensively iffy, and his creative skills have waned a bit(still good, but he's not at his best).

Either play him on the right, or not at all. We need to have some form of balance in the team.

allen7

Ha! In a big game? More likely he'll be invisible. Bar those moments he tries to stand on the ball in our half, holding off two players and giving the ball away stupidly.
Let’s not forget his goal in the europa league final.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That period was when he cared and had Mourinho all over him. Now he doesn't, wants to leave and is lazier than ever, even by his high laziness standards.
I would keep him away from the line-up unless a major injury crisis strikes us. Keep him as an impact sub because he has the talent to make a difference but his lack of effort is too impactful in today's game to compensate.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Crazy you had to go back 5 years to come up with a deflected goal that Pogba scored.

City away second half is probably his biggest big game moment? Or am I forgetting something else?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Crazy you had to go back 5 years to come up with a deflected goal that Pogba scored.

City away second half is probably his biggest big game moment? Or am I forgetting something else?
Milan last season, Chelsea in the fa cup, Chelsea in league games, numerous Arsenal games, Spurs away last season etc etc yes you’re forgetting plenty to be fair. Although we haven’t had many big game moments from anyone outside of probably Pogba, Lingard, Rashford and Ronaldo in recent years.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Yes and in the second half I noticed that he had moments where he could have made good passes but tried to hold on to it and dribble. He does not play for the team.
I'm not sure that's 100% accurate. Top echelon players already know what they're going to do before they even get the ball. Always aware of their surroundings. Pogba is about 2 seconds too slow to get into that top echelon bracket. By the time his brain computes what he has to do he's being closed down.

Sometimes he brings it on himself trying to hold off players when a simple pass is the option. Show boating at its finest but I don't think he's a selfish player. He's just the sort of player we don't need.

RopersReturn

Think he’s a very good player overall, the main problem is his ponderous style of play which has got even slower since coming back from injury.
I don’t think he was ever going to be suitable for the PL, and especially the sort of counter-attacking system we play(ed).

Greck

Yeah he can go. I've never been more annoyed by his lingering against Spurs. He's out there playing fifa street when the game is in the balance.

Teja

My conspiracy theory is that his legs are gone - he had a bunch of muscular problems over the past 2-3 years and he lost a bit of pace.

Ralf has been managing him quietly by taking him off at the 60-70 minute mark. You could almost see in the second half against Spurs how leggy he was. Wasn't getting up the pitch on counter attacks, wasn't tracking his man when one of the Spurs mids rotated wide to create a 4v3 there etc.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
My conspiracy theory is that his legs are gone - he had a bunch of muscular problems over the past 2-3 years and he lost a bit of pace.

Ralf has been managing him quietly by taking him off at the 60-70 minute mark. You could almost see in the second half against Spurs how leggy he was. Wasn't getting up the pitch on counter attacks, wasn't tracking his man when one of the Spurs mids rotated wide to create a 4v3 there etc.
Na he's just bone idle

Man Utd 0:1 Atletico Madrid

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Right call not to start him. Whatever legs he had have gone and games of any sort of intensity are passing him by. He can barely run.

edgecutter

He's getting to that stage in his career very early where the legs look like their gone.

Bobade

World class fouling. Think Matić is faster now than him.
Not sure if you're being facetious or not, but he actually was. There was a point where he sprinted past Pogba to claim a ball that should have been his.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Commentator on my stream couldn't believe how Lodi ghosted past him around 85th minute when Pogba played barely just one half and Lodi was in his 85th minute.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ralf brought on too many subs in general and we completely lost our flow.

Granted he wasnt in it much when he did come on.

Rajma

He’s done physically, maybe he can recover some of that in France. No way we should be offering him any new deal, unless it’s below 50k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.