Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Every club on the planet would kill for him and Bruno.

It's a pisstake to have both. :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I think he plays better in a midfield two next to someone like Matic. Granted Matic is old and makes mistakes but he doesn't make crazy amount of mistakes like Fred did. I'm starting to believe he can play in a midfield two now.. just need a proper partner that doesn't shit himself every 10 minutes.

Pogba McSauce? make it happen.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
He was absolutely immense. For me the biggest positive about Ronaldo signing would be Pogba thinking we're ambitious again and wanting to stay here. He should be mentioned more in world's best CM talks.

AFC NimbleThumb

For me it's not even about the stats, it's how he plays the game. Of course it's a matter of personal appreciation but for me he oozes class. A joy to watch
Appreciation for him as a player shouldn’t be ‘personal’ though.

His form has been shocking as have his performances at times but some of the nonsense spouted about him as a player on this forum has been criminal.

He’s not suddenly a good player, any idiot that claimed he wasn’t one should be ashamed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is there a player who plays the difficult passes so easily and with such precision. The side foot pass to Martial which he regularly plays for Bruno, it's just brilliant.

Red Stone

Assist machine. Feared the worst seeing him and Matic in a two at the start, but he had a really good game, albeit one that was pretty easy to control, considering Newcastle were sitting back a lot.

Taylor clearly had an agenda with Pogba today, by the way. Was constantly blowing fouls against him for feck all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Absolutely fantastic to start the season off. Did really well defensively too. We just need an actual sitter like Matic next to him. Fred is too loose positionally as it's not his game.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I hope people who want him out comprehend how much we lose without him. His vision and passing is seen in maybe a handful of players on the planet, and that's being generous.

TheMitz

Now showing us who the real Paul Pogba is, committed, a team player and pure class

thepolice123

His first time ball to Shaw was the pass that really created the Ronaldo goal. It was a brilliant pick.

Superunknown

He can do something that very few (if any) players in our squad can do, and that's to find and then make that perfect pass at the right time. He is quality. Having quality players in front of him is going to make all the difference, since they'll be able to get on the end of these passes. A very intelligent player.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Are you people starting to realize he can play in a pivot now and how much he brings passing from deep? His defensive work the past year now has been much improved and even with an aging Matic just having another player that brings forward passing ability and positioning next to him makes our midfield unbelievably dangerous.

He’s been brutally underrated this past year, people thinking we’d be better off without him are idiotic as he’s the best creator in the world right now.

ThinkTank@Cafe

With Ronaldo up front, Paul had air to breathe. Newcastle didn’t dare to press our midfield pair.

If you give space to Paul Pogba he will punish you.

Brilliant again. His touch and passing are a thing of beauty.

Matic - despite being pretty poor today individually - is a lot closer to what we need beside him in a midfield 2 than anything else we've got.

Pogba benefits so much from having a stable sitter beside him rather than a high energy ball-winner like Fred who loves to gamble on 30/70 tackles and vacates his position to go hunting for the ball. It's the reason I think Rice, who's positionally great, would be a perfect partner.

He'sRaldo

Superb again today, even without the assists.

I reckon he's entering his prime years. We need to keep hold of him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very good player, perfectly capable of playing in a midfield two (in certain matches) if we keep adding quality to the squad and improving I see no reason for him to want to go anywhere. :drool:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Sign him up, sign him up, ole ole sign him up.
Superb again today, even the sourness in disguise ref couldn't stop him

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I love the way he plays them one time loop passes over there defence and he always picks Fernandes out who has really good timed runs. PP x BF link us is quality… when pogbas head is in the game there’s no stopping him.

Mr Smith

He's been in Balon Dor form since he came back from injury last season. For both club and country.
This. Still blows my mind people wanted him sold.

Quietly went about his business today in great fashion when all the focus was on Ronaldo. He may not be able to play in a double pivot in every game, but in games like this he's perfect; his range of passing and ability to change the tempo is ideal against teams who sit back. There genuinely isn't another player like him in world football.

spiriticon

You gotta stay Paul, this is the best team we've got in all your years here!!

Leaving now would be such a waste..

Sylar

I swear he has one moment per game where the ball is passed to him and he has a heavy touch and ends up going into the ball with a challenge that ends up with him being booked :lol:

Hopefully he stays now that we are so close to a team that's complete. He started on the left but it looks like cm with somebody next to him against teams that park the bus is the best move

Can see him going to the left in bigger games where we have a mcfred type hold

kiristao

Was very good today. Didn't try to do everything by himself like he used to.
Would like to see a similar performance when we get pressed as well. It's those games that he seems to struggle by taking too long on the ball in the wrong areas

Status
Not open for further replies.