Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

Another great performance. Two more assists and dictated play brilliantly. He is like a kid in a candy store with the quality options we have in attack now. God I hope he signs a bloody renewal.

Drainy

If he stays motivated I reckon his peak years will be 31-33 when he perhaps adapts his game more to the role he currently has and hopefully starts appreciating it and respecting his strengths with passing and vision more, rather than trying to do what he wants by being a more flair attacking player and having fun with skills and combos high up the pitch.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Perfect game for him in midfield, Newcastle didn't care about pressing and against low block teams I think we're fine with Matic - Pogba. He got a bit lucky with the assists, but not undeserved. He's hitting ridiculous numbers.

sugar_kane

This. Still blows my mind people wanted him sold.

Quietly went about his business today in great fashion when all the focus was on Ronaldo. He may not be able to play in a double pivot in every game, but in games like this he's perfect; his range of passing and ability to change the tempo is ideal against teams who sit back. There genuinely isn't another player like him in world football.
Was very good today. Didn't try to do everything by himself like he used to.
Would like to see a similar performance when we get pressed as well. It's those games that he seems to struggle by taking too long on the ball in the wrong areas
I think it helps him massively not being the main man anymore, he was never that at Juve or France and I think it gave him the confidence to keep it cool and go about about his business. We started to see that more when Bruno came in, and again now with Ronny back.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Majestic today. I will miss him when he leaves. There isn't a player like him today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Maybe he can play as our 6? Get legs/someone to sit deeper next to him?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s got to be due 68 poor games by now…..I can’t understand this ratio thing. Come on Paul sort it out, there’s posters on this forum waiting to post in this thread and they’ve had about three chances since January….it’s just not fair

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He looks happy here, constantly being the first to celebrate.

Shame if he still ends up leaving after all the dancing.

MF1138

Promise him if he signs the contract we'll buy him whatever DM he chooses :D

Red Royal

Majestic today. I will miss him when he leaves. There isn't a player like him today.
I hope he thinks long and hard about staying when he is surrounded by so many good attacking players at United. Could sympathise him wanting to leave when he had Fellaini, James, crap Sanchez etc. around him but now there is serious potential

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Ace of Spades

This is the type of game I expect from a CM, keep it simple and pass it around. Controlled the game well with Matic.

The yellow was a trash decision.

3KDré

I think he just wants to win. Wherever he goes he wants to win the CL. If we perform well this season, I can see him renewing. The teams that have the best chances of winning CL are PSG, City, Pool, Bayern, Chelsea and us. You could argue Real with Mbappe have a good chance. Out of those his only real options are Real and PSG. If we have a better season than them I can see him staying.

Highfather_24

World class. Hugely underrated on this forum. Apparently he was average last season and we should have sold him for 30M. And if we sell him, we wont miss him at all. Absolutely clueless.

Has been majestic this season, better than he plays for France too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
solid, probably scholes or xavi like in number of passes and accuracy.

wish there was a kante :lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
World class. Hugely underrated on this forum. Apparently he was average last season and we should have sold him for 30M. And if we sell him, we wont miss him at all. Absolutely clueless.

Has been majestic this season, better than he plays for France too.
Yup been great this year in two different positions as well. Long may it continue , sign him up already.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
2 assists in a midfield 2? Reload it!
Pogba I beg you sign da ting.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s a better all around passer than Scholes. Obviously not on Schole’s level in terms of dictation and controlling a game (only a few in history are) but pure passing ability he’s right there with any midfielder you want to name. Both feet, pings, chips, weight of pass, technique, vision, flair he has it all. I’m dead serious.

AFC NimbleThumb

Came to post this.

Doesn’t drink, spends copious amounts of time with his family & likes to dance. Put this season aside, the crap spouted about this young man has been fecking disgusting.

The noisy neighbors just spent £100mil on a prolific drunk driver but the same Caf members calling this man a virus were in tears about it.

Viva United, Viva Ronaldo & VIVA POGBA, class on grass, finally got the teammates to pass to.

cybertej29

He’s a better all around passer than Scholes. Obviously not on Schole’s level in terms of dictation and controlling a game (only a few in history are) but pure passing ability he’s right there with any midfielder you want to name. Both feet, pings, chips, weight of pass, technique, vision, flair he has it all. I’m dead serious.
Recency bias surely. Scholes was like a sniper with his feet.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I just feel so bad for Souness. Has anyone checked on him?

Real Name

First of all cant we stop with this camps stuff and posters more thinking about saying something about other posters and making fun of them.
Lets instead say he was great again, kept the play ticking, kept it simple, everything was going through him and had 2 assists. Him with this strike force wonders can happen.

When will he sign a contract? :)

criticalanalysis

On the ball - brilliant.

Defensive effort - brilliant (for him and in general to be fair).

However, I would question the 'quality' of his defensive contributions as it was lots of huff and puff, which is still important of course but would prefer more reading of the game (e.g chasing a player after they are goal side is not efficient or effective) but it's a step in the right direction.

I felt it's the best defensively I've seen of him from recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.