Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahYeah

Unless we plan on getting Conte just best if we let him go. Too expensive to be a liability and its what Ole considers him to be as a midfielder. Someone like McGinn would probably be better for us, hardly glamorous but decent enough I guess.

If we get Conte however then I definitely want to keep Pogba. Under Conte he was a ballon d'or candidate, want that Pogba here.

GregM40

It’s a shame we didn’t sell him in the summer. Regardless of his talent (when he can be arsed) his attitude towards the club is shocking.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Let him go IMO. Too much drama. Maybe newcastle will offer him a million a week.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
His latest quote suggests he's waiting to see does the club compete or not this season before deciding on his move. Which is expected. To be fair to him, he does want to win trophies but I'm not sure United will challenge with Pogba in a disjointed midfield.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Well he did get his fat agent to offer him to your local rivals and if you can’t see that as being just a touch disloyal then there’s no hope fo4 your judgement.
I’m a City supporter, and though I knew that we’d never employ a player who was so rarely arsed to make an effort, I was honestly horrified for the sake of the reds I know when it happened.

OL29

Well he did get his fat agent to offer him to your local rivals and if you can’t see that as being just a touch disloyal then there’s no hope fo4 your judgement.
I’m a City supporter, and though I knew that we’d never employ a player who was so rarely arsed to make an effort, I was honestly horrified for the sake of the reds I know when it happened.
A bit rich coming from a club who allowed Tevez to take half a year off after refusing to be subbed on, before welcoming him back with open arms

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
A bit rich coming from a club who allowed Tevez to take half a year off after refusing to be subbed on, before welcoming him back with open arms
Firstly, you’re wrong because I’m not a football club, I’m a football supporter as I clearly explained.

Furthermore, did I say that Tevez was a club-loyal player or did you pretend that I said that so that you could use his name as a comparator in a poorly aimed attempt to normalise the Pogba circus?
I think the latter, as I didn’t mention Tevez (that was the voice in your head, not me) and anyone reading back will agree.

However, I’ll entertain your obtuse thought process by explaining the very obvious to you.
As you’re keen to compare Tevez with Pogba you should note that the difference is that Tevez was a true professional and he made an effort for whoever he played for in every game he ever played. There was no secret that he was in it for the money but he certainly earned it, every last penny.

Pogba is quite the opposite, he’s a disloyal, disrespectful player who cares only for his own preened image and who‘s rarely arsed to even lean towards earning his wages.
He’s a player with heaps of talent but the mental attitude of a sulky child and, while the show-pony cult refuse to engage with reality on the topic, his presence in your squad has been holding Utd back.

Bin Pogba and get y’self even a quite ordinary but hard working and dedicated midfielder who can keep hold of the ball and play a simple pass, that doesn’t stop your build up dead in it’s tracks, and you’ll be true contenders with the other talent that you have.

From a personal perspective, I hope you keep Pogba forever because he has a profound negative effect on the your annual trophy haul.

Godfather

When did any of that ever happen? You ramble about press gossip and agent talk I couldn't give two shits about. Pogba himself never talked or acted in any disrespectful way. Other than your manager about City and it's lack of fans for example.

GregM40

I think everyone has answered on my behalf really.

Constant flirting with other clubs (like he’d automatically walk into those sides is arrogant enough), using his agent to disrupt the team the night before a must win champions league game and basically offering himself to City before the derby…

Godfather

I think everyone has answered on my behalf really.

Constant flirting with other clubs (like he’d automatically walk into those sides is arrogant enough), using his agent to disrupt the team the night before a must win champions league game and basically offering himself to City before the derby…
Yeah you let some 12 year old City fan talk on your behalf. Says it all really. This thread is such a clusterfeck it's unreal. People talk about the Ole thread but this is way worse. Some absolute drivel spouted in here

GregM40

Yeah you let some 12 year old City fan talk on your behalf. Says it all really. This thread is such a clusterfeck it's unreal. People talk about the Ole thread but this is way worse. Some absolute drivel spouted in here
Well I did give my own reasoning. Why are you so upset? How is it drivel when it’s accurate?

I was made up when he came back originally but personally don’t think he’s worth the trouble now. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong.

Godfather

Well I did give my own reasoning. Why are you so upset? How is it drivel when it’s accurate?
Your reasoning was that his "attitude towads the club is shocking". Pretty big statement. I'm sure you can back that up by some actual facts.

Not denying that his agent is an idiot. But after his last idiotic comments before our Leipzig game last season Pogba seemingly shut him as he's not talking about him anymore. So where's the problem? When has he shown a "shocking" attitude? There's some narratives thrown around when it comes to Pogba that are taken for gospel but simply aren't true.

OL29

Firstly, you’re wrong because I’m not a football club, I’m a football supporter as I clearly explained.

Furthermore, did I say that Tevez was a club-loyal player or did you pretend that I said that so that you could use his name as a comparator in a poorly aimed attempt to normalise the Pogba circus?
I think the latter, as I didn’t mention Tevez (that was the voice in your head, not me) and anyone reading back will agree.

However, I’ll entertain your obtuse thought process by explaining the very obvious to you.
As you’re keen to compare Tevez with Pogba you should note that the difference is that Tevez was a true professional and he made an effort for whoever he played for in every game he ever played. There was no secret that he was in it for the money but he certainly earned it, every last penny.

Pogba is quite the opposite, he’s a disloyal, disrespectful player who cares only for his own preened image and who‘s rarely arsed to even lean towards earning his wages.
He’s a player with heaps of talent but the mental attitude of a sulky child and, while the show-pony cult refuse to engage with reality on the topic, his presence in your squad has been holding Utd back.

Bin Pogba and get y’self even a quite ordinary but hard working and dedicated midfielder who can keep hold of the ball and play a simple pass, that doesn’t stop your build up dead in it’s tracks, and you’ll be true contenders with the other talent that you have.

From a personal perspective, I hope you keep Pogba forever because he has a profound negative effect on the your annual trophy haul.
Im not reading all that, but you’re having a laugh if you think Tevez was an ultimate professional, even in his last season with us he was accused of downing tools and he was known to be a poor trainer. You can’t come on here acting like Man City is some haven of dedicated footballers with the number of mercenaries you’ve signed, and not expect to get called out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So shocking that everyone at the club loves him and his manager has always good things to say about him.
I have always said that I respected people who don't rate him or/and who want him sold but those who come up with false narratives make me laugh.
He is doing unforgivable sin i guess; waiting to see what is best for him before signing new contract. He is just being a pro. Why should he jump on signing new contract if he thinks that he will get more on summer. Because he loves a club? Yeah, all players love the club and play for free. Yeah, right right.

I always ask people who want him gone; did he ever made a fuss about being benched? No. Does he play like he doesn't give a shit? No.
Did he made transfer request when Real, Barca, Psg, Juve, City or whoever (by rumours) wanted him? No, he didn't.

So where is the fecking problem? He didn't deliver like 100 mil player should? That is true but is that all his fault? And it is not like he flopped completely. He was still one of our best players all these years.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
When did any of that ever happen? You ramble about press gossip and agent talk I couldn't give two shits about. Pogba himself never talked or acted in any disrespectful way. Other than your manager about City and it's lack of fans for example.
I was naming fact and you’ve now wandered off into your peculiarly bitter fantasy world so I’ll leave you to it.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Im not reading all that, but you’re having a laugh if you think Tevez was an ultimate professional, even in his last season with us he was accused of downing tools and he was known to be a poor trainer. You can’t come on here acting like Man City is some haven of dedicated footballers with the number of mercenaries you’ve signed, and not expect to get called out.
Mercenaries?
Well I should hope so!
Do you not understand that all professional players play for the money?
Some, like Tevez earned it and some, like pogba don’t.

The reason that Tevez was skittish in his last season at Utd was because he hated Alex Ferguson - it was a personal fall out and that’s what allowed City to buy him from his owners (you only loaned him).

Anyhow, I’m not going to fall out with you because, as I previously said, I hope you keep pogba forever

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Mercenaries?
Well I should hope so!
Do you not understand that all professional players play for the money?
Some, like Tevez earned it and some, like pogba

The reason that Tevez was skittish in his last season at Utd was because he hated Alex Ferguson - it was a personal fall out and that’s what allowed City to buy him from his owners (you only loaned him).

Anyhow, I’m not going to fall out with you because, as I previously said, I hope you keep pogba forever
Tevez was being a twat. The club had no obligation to buy him ahead of the agreed time and he just proceeded to down tools and ensured the club knew he was pissed about it.

Wasn't a surprise when he did the same shit at other clubs.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Tevez was being a twat. The club had no obligation to buy him ahead of the agreed time and he just proceeded to down tools and ensured the club knew he was pissed about it.

Wasn't a surprise when he did the same shit at other clubs.
The ‘Tevez’ discussion is a diversionary tactic introduced by a nobend who trying to make out that Tevez was a lazy player who only made an effort now and then in the same manner that Pogba always has.
My point was that Tevez was a player who worked hard on the pitch, which he did for us whenever he wore the jersey.

ok so he could get pissed off and down tools, as he did in his spat with AF, but he never went missing on the pitch and he helped us to some major honours.
I can say with absolute conviction that I was glad to have Tevez (we won stuff because of him) but I wouldn’t want Pogba near our squad (you’ve failed to win stuff because of him).

And I’ve no axe to grind with anyone wanting to keep Pogba, I want you to keep him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why is it that whenever Pogba hits a good run of form he's apparently playing for a move? :lol:
It's amazing that he's apparently been putting himself in the shop window for years now yet he's still here. Even when he was injured a lot of 'fans' were claiming he's on strike and won't play for us again. I think a lot of you need to get over this distrust of him, you may be able to enjoy watching him play if you do.
I can never enjoy somebody like him because he phones it in too often. He doesn't give his all for this club and never has. Effort goes a long way with me.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The ‘Tevez’ discussion is a diversionary tactic introduced by a nobend who trying to make out that Tevez was a lazy player who only made an effort now and then in the same manner that Pogba always has.
My point was that Tevez was a player who worked hard on the pitch, which he did for us whenever he wore the jersey.

ok so he could get pissed off and down tools, as he did in his spat with AF, but he never went missing on the pitch and he helped us to some major honours.
I can say with absolute conviction that I was glad to have Tevez (we won stuff because of him) but I wouldn’t want Pogba near our squad (you’ve failed to win stuff because of him).

And I’ve no axe to grind with anyone wanting to keep Pogba, I want you to keep him.
He literally went AWOL on you lot :houllier:

I'm not a Pogba fan and want him gone, but he's miles ahead if you're talking about their professionalism.

Marwood

He is doing unforgivable sin i guess; waiting to see what is best for him before signing new contract. He is just being a pro. Why should he jump on signing new contract if he thinks that he will get more on summer. Because he loves a club? Yeah, all players love the club and play for free. Yeah, right right.

I always ask people who want him gone; did he ever made a fuss about being benched? No. Does he play like he doesn't give a shit? No.
Did he made transfer request when Real, Barca, Psg, Juve, City or whoever (by rumours) wanted him? No, he didn't.

So where is the fecking problem? He didn't deliver like 100 mil player should? That is true but is that all his fault? And it is not like he flopped completely. He was still one of our best players all these years.
You could say that about McTominay or Fred but I'm guessing you want them sold?

There's just more to keeping or letting go of a player than those very narrow metrics you've mentioned.

But having said that he absolutely has played like he doesn't give one. He's even looked heavy at times over the last couple of years. He also had a face like a slapped arse after being subbed against Villareal despite the last min winner.

It's dead obvious to me. It's him or Bruno. They play in the same sort of position. Have similar attributes. Once you boil it down to that it's a no brainer.

So in deciding should he leave or not, how Pogba works within the team is much more important than things such as did he ever hand in a transfer request.

steve.crowford

How many players we going to need to 'unlock' him ? His 29 next yr and this his 6th season yet people talk of him like his up and coming this is prime Pogba, we need to move on from him, look at Bruno not only his numbers but his performances are alot better in less than half the time pogba been here.
When Pogba talk happens it's rarely what he done but what he can do, again Bruno didn't need anyone we needed him why can't Pogba do that?! I'm in a very small minority that hope he leaves we can't be going into yr 7 thinking something different will happen, same with martial both been here too long with very little to show for it.

MattofManchester

His latest quote suggests he's waiting to see does the club compete or not this season before deciding on his move. Which is expected. To be fair to him, he does want to win trophies but I'm not sure United will challenge with Pogba in a disjointed midfield.
Maybe he should be arsed with doing the basics right and putting in consistent performances, rather than putting in a few good performances then reverting back to stinker mode if he wants to help the club compete.

Unless he goes to Italy, I have no doubt he will be exactly the same up and down player at another club, where fans will grow impatient with his performances over time.

He has not been consistent enough throughout his time here to warrant a position where United should bend to his demands.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Behind the scenes it sounds like Pogba is a good clean living and professional guy. Just wish he’d adapt his game and roll the sleeves up and become something a bit closer to what this team actually needs. if he wants 400k plus he needs to be consistently running games for us. We don’t just need the odd assist from midfield. He definitely can do it. Sacrifice a bit. Put in an extra km or two a match and lead by example. Just move the ball shorter more often, a bit faster, become a more reliable tracker and get stuck in on your opposite number. Put it this way. If he even did half of that he’d still be offering double what McT currently is in the box to box.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
What? You think not winning so much as a tin pot is funny or did I fail to notice Pogba dragging you to a title at some point?

I can see the attraction, he’s a great player on his day. The issue is that his day’s are few and far between and, even then, generally for less that half a game at a time.
He way he holds up play on the break so that he can run around in that little circle, as he likes to do, is absolutely criminal - he stops you dead in your tracks, slows everything down and takes the sting out of an otherwise fluent attacking side.
He gives the ball away constantly and is a total liability in defence but, yes, every now and then he produces a moment of exquisite football - the sort of stuff that all true football fans want to see, regardless of club loyalties - but the price you pay for those little moments is the lack of reliability that you have as a side and that lack is exacerbated by Pogba sometimes being great but generally being a waste of space.
You need to be able to maintain a level if you’re going to win things and you can’t do that with Pogba in your side.

I like the guy playing for you, I hope you keep him forever

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What? You think not winning so much as a tin pot is funny or did I fail to notice Pogba dragging you to a title at some point?
No you fail to notice football is a team game and you need good team with good coach to win big trophies.

But who cares as along as you can take pathetic cheap shots at player.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Never went missing on the pitch, but literally went missing for months, running off home because he had been benched. Give me pogba any day over that spoiled bitter little troll faced goon.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Never went missing on the pitch, but literally went missing for months, running off home because he had been benched. Give me pogba any day over that spoiled bitter little troll faced goon.
Tevez contributed to winning honours for United, he put things to polish in your trophy cabinet - you should celebrate that man because he earned his wages, he bought you success.
Compare that to Pogba, you’ve paid ridiculous amounts of money to him and his agent but you’ve won absolutely zip with him in the squad - and that’s under 3 managers - 2 of which had credentials at the highest level.
At his very best he is to Man Utd what Mario Balotelli was to City . . a likeable guy with talent beyond belief but with a child’s mentality, a total inability to apply his talent in more than 1 game in 3 and, even then, not for more than 30 minutes in any 90.

As I’ve repeatedly said; I’ve no axe to grind here, you love him and I can see why. I loved Balotelli at City but I also have the ability to recognise that he took a squad place and a salary that should have gone to a better more deserving player.

For your sake, I hope you keep him forever but, for the sake of Utd ever winning anything (and Utd do deserve to win things) then maybe some folk should stop taking the red pills for long enough for their heads to clear.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I can see the attraction, he’s a great player on his day. The issue is that his day’s are few and far between and, even then, generally for less that half a game at a time.
He way he holds up play on the break so that he can run around in that little circle, as he likes to do, is absolutely criminal - he stops you dead in your tracks, slows everything down and takes the sting out of an otherwise fluent attacking side.
He gives the ball away constantly and is a total liability in defence but, yes, every now and then he produces a moment of exquisite football - the sort of stuff that all true football fans want to see, regardless of club loyalties - but the price you pay for those little moments is the lack of reliability that you have as a side and that lack is exacerbated by Pogba sometimes being great but generally being a waste of space.
You need to be able to maintain a level if you’re going to win things and you can’t do that with Pogba in your side.

I like the guy playing for you, I hope you keep him forever
My Liverpool supporting mate says the same thing. He hopes we keep Pogba. Says it all really. It is like twelve years ago when i used mock him about Dirk kuyt.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
My Liverpool supporting mate says the same thing. He hopes we keep Pogba. Says it all really. It is like twelve years ago when i used mock him about Dirk kuyt.
It’s not a ‘mock’ thing.

You pay handsomely for his massive talent and I see that massive talent but I also see it being lavishly wasted.
It can be very easy to love him for his moments of genius but he still conspires to be adverse to your success.
As I‘ve said repeatedly, I hope you keep him . forever.
Because if that’s what you want then that’s what you deserve.

At least it’ll save on the Brasso eh?

Enjoy!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Pogba is due a world class performance. I have the feeling he'll put in a worldly tonight.

The extension is a no brainer from Utd's side. We need a DM anyway and I want to see a good manager try making Pogba and Bruno with said DM work in midfield. If he can't, we can always sell him. I have no doubts he'd be brilliant in a slower league and PSG and RM will definitely want him, even on a large salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.