Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team with his recent half arsed performances.
Put him in the stands, move him up in the event of an injury crisis.
And I've been a huge Pogba fan in the past, but he's completely lost me.

I agree with that but with the wages he's on I can't see the club allowing him to be left out for the five or so months.
Isn't Martial on something similar or perhaps more?

RUCK4444

Au revoir Paul. Doubt we will see him again in a United Shirt.

Absolute waste, wish we had competent management and had gotten the best from him. Looking forward to McFred and Donny getting less assists across the season than Paul get's in one game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Last we have seen of him in a United shirt IMO.
Played 219 games for us since his return, 71 games missed through injury and he will miss 2.5 months which means at least 15 more games, 8 games through suspension.

That's 91 games missed and 219 games played since his return.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Played 219 games for us since his return, 71 games missed through injury and he will miss 2.5 months which means at least 15 more games, 8 games through suspension.

That’s pretty bad, right? Not Hargreaves/Jones bad but definitely one of our worse sick notes over the years.

roonster09

Scout
That’s pretty bad, right? Not Hargreaves/Jones bad but definitely one of our worse sick notes over the years.
It's poor record for sure. I think he missed couple of months in almost all seasons (Maybe except first).

laughtersassassin

Great point. Think he was clapped off the pitch the game Pogba was abused.
Yeah they where singing his name.

Pogba meanwhile had topped about every stat that mattered for us that season.

Definition of a scapegoat

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Pogba had one more injury missing 2.5 months but yeah instead of saying/discussing how poor his fitness record is (especially since joining ManUtd), lets talk about some other players.

lex talionis

Under the most charitable explanation, Donny was brought in to replace Pogba. We can now put this thesis to the test.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah, not good news, but forces the manager's hand to try something else if Pogba is going to be leaving anyway.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
7 assists in 2 games, a red card for an awful tackle and an injury in a 3 month spell this season before he moves to a different club is pretty much a greatest hits of Paul’s time at the club.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
7 assists in 2 games, a red card for an awful tackle and an injury in a 3 month spell this season before he moves to a different club is pretty much a greatest hits of Paul’s time at the club.
I remember people think he would shatter the PL assists record for a season after those 2 games.

But trademark Pogba, 2 good games followed by 10 shit games.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

it’s his annual 10-20 weeks out at this stage. A transfer that promised so much but never truly caught fire for any longer than 2 months at a time. After a few good games the inevitable injury, lazy form or public talk about moving away. Take your pick. Every season out for about half the games. Can’t wait to see us offer him record breaking wages so we don’t have to reinvest. “The Utd way”

BorisManUtd

So he's basically out until January, don't think we'll have a new manager by then and he'll probably agree a summer move with one of Juventus/PSG/Real. 29 years old in March so has another few years at top level. I'll be happy when Pogba leaves because it always seemed inevitable ever since 2018/19 season. Only regret is the fact that he's about to leave for nothing again, while if we sold him this summer we'd probably get around 50M for him which is decent money and enough for a new midfielder. New contract won't happen now but at least van de Beek could get a chance (after Ole is sacked obviously) in the future.

GoldanoGraham

He’s finished at Utd now - a few substitute cameos possibly but he will be signing on for someone in Jan and then it’s fair well…..probably remain injured for most of the season now

Djemba-Djemba

He's actually incredibly injury prone and it rarely gets mentioned.

Feels like he misses 2 or 3 months a season every season.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The annual injury when shit hits the fan, guy has no fight in him and the team needs to be playing well to keep him interested. No loss, footballing wise.

Marcus

Oops. I hope his injury is not so serious that no club will want to pay his wages (and United no longer need to) when he beomes available on a free.

Hester_manc

He's one of the players I'm most sorry United ever bought. It's not because of his talent, because it's great. It is because of his attitude where there are many matches where he hardly runs, holds on to the ball for too long and takes big risks. It is also because he is now for the 2nd time probably leaving the club in a slightly bad way. He scores all the money himself and leaves United in a situation where we earn nothing on him. I feel like he completely does not care about United.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
The annual injury when shit hits the fan, guy has no fight in him and the team needs to be playing well to keep him interested. No loss, footballing wise.
I'm guessing he's faking the hobbling around on the training pitch for France then? Or he faked those pics of him having surgery on his ankle a couple of years back. It's more down to him being injury prone than not having fight.

Regardless of poor form in last few games it is a loss for us IMO but perhaps not as big a loss providing Sancho can now get a run and provide that creativity. Our best football over the past year or so has come with Pogba in that advanced left position. In fact all of our runs that you'd associate with title winning sides has had Pogba as a major part of that (start of 17.18 season under Jose, 18/19 with Ole as caretaker and last season until his injury) so I think we will miss him more than most think!

Status
Not open for further replies.