Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdinburghDevil

When the going gets tough he seems to pick up an injury or his game goes off the boil.

He has shown what he can do in short bursts over his 2nd time here which is hugely frustrating as when he is in the mood he is a world class player. Sadly that Paul Pogba doesn't show up enough for in a red shirt.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah they where singing his name.

Pogba meanwhile had topped about every stat that mattered for us that season.

Definition of a scapegoat
Herrera was on about half of what Pogba is and cost 1/3. he also very clearly gave his all every time he stepped onto the pitch for us. The PSG contract was more than he was ever going to get here and on a longer deal than we would have offered. There’s a few Pogba fans on here with serious victim complex. Is he the only mega money player to not work out in the game. Not at all, far from it. But as far as this club goes he’s a club record signing on his second stint here and in both periods all he has done is enough to hype himself up in the eyes of some fans and leave on a free. He’s been another awful signing when it’s all said and done.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Herrera was on about half of what Pogba is and cost 1/3. he also very clearly gave his all every time he stepped onto the pitch for us. The PSG contract was more than he was ever going to get here and on a longer deal than we would have offered. There’s a few Pogba fans on here with serious victim complex. Is he the only mega money player to not work out in the game. Not at all, far from it. But as far as this club goes he’s a club record signing on his second stint here and in both periods all he has done is enough to hype himself up in the eyes of some fans and leave on a free. He’s been another awful signing when it’s all said and done.
Not half, Herrera was on 80K per week, Pogba is on 290K per week. So that's close to quarter of what Pogba is on.

AFC NimbleThumb

There’s a few Pogba fans on here with serious victim complex.
Says the man playing every kind of mental gymnastics to differentiate a player leaving on a free transfer to. . . a player leaving on a free transfer.

This is a Manchester United forum, with Manchester United fans celebrating the injury of a Manchester United player & you’re calling those who’d rather not pretend Pogba’s the devil incarnate ‘Pogba fans’.

It’s been addressed countless times in many a Pogba thread, but that really is one of the dimmest retortes. No one’s a ‘Pogba fan’, but as you’re at it - what would you call the Manchester United fans celebrating a Manchester United player being injured? It’s rather enlightening that the people celebrating player injuries aren’t your issue here.

Pogba should leave, it’s best for club & player but some posters sure are going to be woefully disappointed when him leaving does feck all in terms of improving the shite we witness with & without him on the field.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One can be fair in his assessment of things and players without being labelled a fanboi or a hater. Pogba will go at some point, let's see if Man Utd becomes better for it or not

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Says the man playing every kind of mental gymnastics to differentiate a player leaving on a free transfer to. . . a player leaving on a free transfer.

This is a Manchester United forum, with Manchester United fans celebrating the injury of a Manchester United player & you’re calling those who’d rather not pretend Pogba’s the devil incarnate ‘Pogba fans’.

It’s been addressed countless times in many a Pogba thread, but that really is one of the dimmest retortes. No one’s a ‘Pogba fan’, but as you’re at it - what would you call the Manchester United fans celebrating a Manchester United player being injured? It’s rather enlightening that the people celebrating player injuries aren’t your issue here.

Pogba should leave, it’s best for club & player but some posters sure are going to be woefully disappointed when him leaving does feck all in terms of improving the shite we witness with & without him on the field.
Im certainly not celebrating him or any other player being injured. Unless it’s an opposition player injuring themselves doing something stupid I’ll never take the piss out of something like that. It’s just a fact he’s out from a third to a half of every season he’s been here. He cost a world record fee and will want 400k a week to stay here. On the evidence of the last 5 years I would question fans of ours who think we’ve done him a disservice and that he’s actually worth that kind of investment going forward. I don’t think he ever really consistently earned the 280 per week. He’s been on more than Salah ffs :lol:

what I will say is at the end of the day as much as the Pogba thing hasn’t helped over the years it’s just been another sideshow that distracted fans from the main problem : the glazers don’t have a clue what they are at. If they give him a vastly improved deal it’s just yet more evidence to the contrary.

United in sin

Great point. Think he was clapped off the pitch the game Pogba was abused.
Herrera reminded them of a talentless but hardworking player from times of old. He was the quittensential passion player, said all the meaningless romantic things fans wanted to hear then fecked off for more money than his talent deserved (IMO). Players like Pogba don't get that kind of adulation for more than one reason

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Im certainly not celebrating him or any other player being injured. Unless it’s an opposition player injuring themselves doing something stupid I’ll never take the piss out of something like that. It’s just a fact he’s out from a third to a half of every season he’s been here. He cost a world record fee and will want 400k a week to stay here. On the evidence of the last 5 years I would question fans of ours who think we’ve done him a disservice and that he’s actually worth that kind of investment going forward. I don’t think he ever really consistently earned the 280 per week. He’s been on more than Salah ffs :lol:

what I will say is at the end of the day as much as the Pogba thing hasn’t helped over the years it’s just been another sideshow that distracted fans from the main problem : the glazers don’t have a clue what they are at. If they give him a vastly improved deal it’s just yet more evidence to the contrary.
I wasn’t saying you had said it, but multiple posters who are Manchester United fans, on a Manchester United forum are posting their celebrations about an injury of a Manchester United player & you would rather label people ’Pogba fans’ who chose not to call him names & celebrate his failures. He’s been disappointing in his time here but I’d argue ‘support’ like what we’ve seen here today has been just as shoddy.

People aren’t saying he’s been great value for money. I just find it rather illuminating how many people mention his fee when we have an £80mil captain whose greatest achievement in the game is being Hull PoTS & a £50mil Brazilian midfielder, who won’t be leaving at the end of the season, that’s struggles to trap a ball. We’ve spent a lot of money on a lot of dross. It’s a weird criticism to say, ‘he earns more than Salah, I hate him’. If we used fellow pros as measures we’ve got a lot of players stealing a living.

Many of the criticism thrown at Pogba could be attributed elsewhere so I find the vitriol rather misplaced. This forum shows itself as a cesspool when people are celebrating our own players injury, it’s fecking deluded.

Think about it, you were justifying Ander Herrera leaving on a free because, ‘ah well he didn’t earn as much & he ran around lots’, none of its quality based, it’s all the same sh*t that OgS has been feeding us for years. Non-tangle nonsense. Herrera chose to leave, don’t feed it to people as some hard luck story when the mans earnt a small fortune in Paris. It was embarrassing the treatment he received.

Shimo

Faking it obviously till January when he'll be fit and ready to sign a pre-contract. No way it's a 8-10 week injury. Sarcasm aside, he will be a miss for us. We are a team living on individual moments and despite how anyone feels whether he is fits in our team, at least for now is one of those individuals that will produce those moments.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Faking it obviously till January when he'll be fit and ready to sign a pre-contract. No way it's a 8-10 week injury. Sarcasm aside, he will be a miss for us. We are a team living on individual moments and despite how anyone feels whether he is fits in our team, at least for now is one of those individuals that will produce those moments.

So weird how things like that happen isn't it. He's probably hit a similar shot 10,000 times and never had any issues. Then suddenly 1 day it just goes pop.

Bad timing for sure.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Until we play Leeds again I don't think he will be a big miss. Him and Bruno don't fit into midfield together very well, the balance is poor.

Maybe if you have this wonderful team that can hold the ball, like France, so that Pogba can't be pressured, then he's great. But not for us, not for what we're paying.

He's just waiting to join another team.

united for life

I hope his injury doesn’t mean we’ll get to see McFred for 10 weeks. VDB should get this run.

Hope he recovers well, see off the season and leave.

Hughie77

I don't think most football clubs are run like that. Players don't necessarily get frozen because they don't wanna sign a contract.
If he's going for a free and can agree in January to go to another club, then what's the point in putting him in the starting 11, no need he won't be in the plans going forward, so the best he should get is bench and come on if needed.

Frank Grimes

Just checked his injury record. Since the start of 19/20 season he has missed 54 of United's games through injury. At least another 10 will be missed now at the busiest time of the season. Best we let him off on a free in January, anything else would be stupid.

AFC NimbleThumb

If he's going for a free and can agree in January to go to another club, then what's the point in putting him in the starting 11, no need he won't be in the plans going forward, so the best he should get is bench and come on if needed.
Both McTominay & Fred should be casualties of this policy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't disagree with you fundamentally but I was speaking from clubs' POV

Marwood

So weird how things like that happen isn't it. He's probably hit a similar shot 10,000 times and never had any issues. Then suddenly 1 day it just goes pop.

Bad timing for sure.
I thought he duffed the shot hence the injury.

But in anycase although a players absence can't solve a problem I don't think in this instance it will hold us back either.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba had one more injury missing 2.5 months but yeah instead of saying/discussing how poor his fitness record is (especially since joining ManUtd), lets talk about some other players.
Shall we make him take more photos of his next operation instead?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Saw the caption on our Instagram page. “Setbacks are made for comebacks”

That quote taken straight from the managers presser every week.

flameinthesun

I don't understand the criticism of Pogba's performance over his career at united. This talk of he has more motivation for france, juve etc than united or the prem is too fast is so off the mark. De bruyne in the wrong system, inferior team, inferior manager will perfom at an inferior level as we see for Belgium.

When you look at the Juve team he played in at no point has united had the same level of players along with the same level manager. So is it a shock that he hasnt set the world alight? He isn't the first really talented player who moves to another team/system/manager who is inferior and struggles.

Just like De Bruyne cant drag Belgium to trophies Pogba can't drag united to them (eveb bruno cant). Yes hes had ups and downs like every player. His first season he was probably our best player and most seasons he has a period where he is the best player.

But the key thing is to compare him to other united players. Almost every united player, even Bruno now, has had the same trajectory as Pogba at united (shaw, bruno, de gea, maguire, wan bissaka, greenwood, martial) at some point have had periods of greatness and periods of underperforming, regardless whether they were bought for 80mil or are an academy player.

It just irks me when the criticisms thrown at Pogba are highlighted when really the same criticisms apply to every player at united. Which is normal at a club that is underperforming.

Stig

Dear Mods,

Can we please have a poll "Do you want Pogba to stay at OT ?"

Stig

I don't understand the criticism of Pogba's performance over his career at united. This talk of he has more motivation for france, juve etc than united or the prem is too fast is so off the mark. De bruyne in the wrong system, inferior team, inferior manager will perfom at an inferior level as we see for Belgium.

When you look at the Juve team he played in at no point has united had the same level of players along with the same level manager. So is it a shock that he hasnt set the world alight? He isn't the first really talented player who moves to another team/system/manager who is inferior and struggles.

Just like De Bruyne cant drag Belgium to trophies Pogba can't drag united to them (eveb bruno cant). Yes hes had ups and downs like every player. His first season he was probably our best player and most seasons he has a period where he is the best player.

But the key thing is to compare him to other united players. Almost every united player, even Bruno now, has had the same trajectory as Pogba at united (shaw, bruno, de gea, maguire, wan bissaka, greenwood, martial) at some point have had periods of greatness and periods of underperforming, regardless whether they were bought for 80mil or are an academy player.

It just irks me when the criticisms thrown at Pogba are highlighted when really the same criticisms apply to every player at united. Which is normal at a club that is underperforming.
Flameinthesun,

A lot of what you say is true; but I would say that Pogba has had moments of brilliance for us and maybe almost a couple of really good full games - but the rest has been absolute laziness and slackness of the highest level.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Flameinthesun,

A lot of what you say is true; but I would say that Pogba has had moments of brilliance for us and maybe almost a couple of really good full games - but the rest has been absolute laziness and slackness of the highest level.
Pogba wants to be top earner according to BBC gossip. Our phenomenally football savvy board will probably give him what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.