Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siezard

:lol: Is this a serious post?
Sure why not.

I used to dab with my students back when I was still a teacher. Pogba and Lingard will be a great influence in these students' life. How I wish they will turn great but alas, the time is running out for both in a united shirt.

lex talionis

We need to let him walk, even in January. The contract has been in front of him for a while now and he still hasn’t signed it. Let him go and be done with this mess.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
My favorite dance is the one where he imitates driving without power steering.

We need to let him walk, even in January. The contract has been in front of him for a while now and he still hasn’t signed it. Let him go and be done with this mess.
nah that's silly. He's a good player. Keep him on the bench or as a backup.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What will you remember? The way he led the team to league titles? Champions league? His consistency and leadership on the pitch? His loyalty to the club and never flirting with clubs clubs in spain and italy?
:lol: The last player I felt like that about was Roy Keane and Pogba isn’t that type of player. Although I wasn’t keen on when he flirted with Bayern but they’re from Germany.

On Pogba I’ll remember a player who made United worth watching during a period where we signed a lot of mediocre dross. Being able to watch a couple of players with world class ability in this time is the privilege of being a United fan I suppose. Even when we are shite we can still attract some top class players. If/when Pogba leaves we will still have Ronaldo, Bruno and Sancho to produce moments of magic to brighten up dross like McT Fred Lindelof etc but we will need to improve the dross and get more Roy Keanes, Paul Scholes etc before we talk about leagues and CL’s.

Kopral Jono

It's going to be a sad day personally when, and it's no longer an 'if', Pogba leaves. He came through our ranks, became the only United player to have scored in a World Cup final and on his day he's unplayable, but over the years he just hasn't been consistent enough and having an utter piece of shit as an agent clearly hasn't been of help to him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
For me I like Pogba but think he has a bit of an Ego that makes him believe that he is better than he actually is.

It then starts feeling like he thinks he is bigger than the club and links him up with a money oriented selfish prick like raiola.

It's just not worth the hassle. It feels like he left United to build himself up, fine, but then came back wanting to have all the attention at United with the team built around him.

MiracleInMadrid

For me I like Pogba but think he has a bit of an Ego that makes him believe that he is better than he actually is.

It then starts feeling like he thinks he is bigger than the club and links him up with a money oriented selfish prick like raiola.

It's just not worth the hassle. It feels like he left United to build himself up, fine, but then came back wanting to have all the attention at United with the team built around him.
To me, it seems like a kind of shallow confidence he has. It's like he is dependant on the world to praise him and see his qualities game in game out.
The kind of confidence where he constantly needs to prove to himself and the world, that he's a very very good player. Instead of doing what's best for his team, and not be reliant on being the star of the show all the time. If he has a match where he doesn't do something spectacular and just keeps the game flowing and helps his teammates, his confidence in himself will take a hit. If other players gets the praise and becomes the star of the match, he will stand in the background and feel less of a player.

I think this transcend his ways both on and off the field, and his choice of agent, who doesn't miss a chance to speak him up puplicly (I know that's essentially the job of any agent, but he could have chosen an agent that was a bit more subtle at it).

To mention an example of another type of confidence, I'd say that someone like de Bryune. He always does what's best for the team, and can live with just pulling the strings and putting in the work. Ironically that has made him one of the most praised players in the league.

kthanksbye

I've said this earlier too, but I don't think he has the attention span to consistently perform week in week out for a league campaign, even during games he keeps checking out and losing concentration, it works for France as the rest of the team is world class and international tournaments are short and there's instant reward for the work being put in.
It's not a skill issue with him, he's a really special player unique in how he's technically and physically exceptional, his passing, his vision everything is exactly what you expect from a world class midfielder, he just doesn't have the right mentality to be an elite player, and it has got nothing to do with his personality, haircuts, celebrations, or social media presence.

Bestietom

Let him off. Just sick and tired listening to stories about who he wants to play for and how much he wants from us to make him stay when he learned Real didn't want him .

united for life

:lol: The last player I felt like that about was Roy Keane and Pogba isn’t that type of player. Although I wasn’t keen on when he flirted with Bayern but they’re from Germany.

On Pogba I’ll remember a player who made United worth watching during a period where we signed a lot of mediocre dross. Being able to watch a couple of players with world class ability in this time is the privilege of being a United fan I suppose. Even when we are shite we can still attract some top class players. If/when Pogba leaves we will still have Ronaldo, Bruno and Sancho to produce moments of magic to brighten up dross like McT Fred Lindelof etc but we will need to improve the dross and get more Roy Keanes, Paul Scholes etc before we talk about leagues and CL’s.
never expected him to be as good as roy. But at least something. I think the only time united was a bit interesting to watch was during Ole's time (when he was caretaker) and last season when we signed Bruno. I haven't seen much from Paul to be honest - unfortunately. Maybe a couple of good performances, but nothing to justify saying he's world class.

I think we will not get a new roy keane. Not sure there is this breed anymore. confrontational players who would hurt opponents. this no longer exists. but I agree, we need to strengthen these 2 positions. One option is having VDB step up to the scholes role, but that is if he actually plays and proves himself. For the roy keane position, we have no one at the club right now. Maybe sell some players to fund declan rice in the summer. offloading pogba himself would save money on wages too.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
never expected him to be as good as roy. But at least something. I think the only time united was a bit interesting to watch was during Ole's time (when he was caretaker) and last season when we signed Bruno. I haven't seen much from Paul to be honest - unfortunately. Maybe a couple of good performances, but nothing to justify saying he's world class.

I think we will not get a new roy keane. Not sure there is this breed anymore. confrontational players who would hurt opponents. this no longer exists. but I agree, we need to strengthen these 2 positions. One option is having VDB step up to the scholes role, but that is if he actually plays and proves himself. For the roy keane position, we have no one at the club right now. Maybe sell some players to fund declan rice in the summer. offloading pogba himself would save money on wages too.
So Southampton away and Leeds at home this season would be the two I’m guessing?

I’d add loads more from just last season like Spurs away, Villa away, Milan away etc etc, then I think about how good we were in games after lockdown and how good Pogba,Bruno,Martial,Greenwood,Rashford were in those first ten games back….Then I loved Ole’s caretaker time when Pogba was the best player in the league, perhaps the two games you’re talking about were in there somewhere?

Obviously Pogba had zero good games under Jose but which were the couple of games you think he played well in?

united for life

So Southampton away and Leeds at home this season would be the two I’m guessing?

I’d add loads more from just last season like Spurs away, Villa away, Milan away etc etc, then I think about how good we were in games after lockdown and how good Pogba,Bruno,Martial,Greenwood,Rashford were in those first ten games back….Then I loved Ole’s caretaker time when Pogba was the best player in the league, perhaps the two games you’re talking about were in there somewhere?

Obviously Pogba had zero good games under Jose but which were the couple of games you think he played well in?
I see what you did there :D my bad, not a couple of good games. Still, below expectations overall. He was never the best player in the league and he was never a consistent player. He has always been a moody player on the pitch. Not sure which Paul will show up. In addition, his/his agents attitude off the pitch are a big question mark. If you don't want to play for manchester united, it's up to you, you are not bigger than the club. And no, he doesn't deserve the money he is asking for to renew.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I see what you did there :D my bad, not a couple of good games. Still, below expectations overall. He was never the best player in the league and he was never a consistent player. He has always been a moody player on the pitch. Not sure which Paul will show up. In addition, his/his agents attitude off the pitch are a big question mark. If you don't want to play for manchester united, it's up to you, you are not bigger than the club. And no, he doesn't deserve the money he is asking for to renew.
I don’t know what money he’s asking for but for me anything more than the same money he’s on and a two year deal is too big a risk for us given his age and his injuries starting to mount up.

Pogba’s not been nearly as bad as is made out. Not one player has been consistent, many players are moody and you don’t know which Bruno/Rashford/Sancho/Maguire/Shaw are going to turn up. In fact the only ones you could be accurate with are the mediocre players in the squad. He was certainly the best player in the league in Ole’s caretaker period and he was our best player the second half of last season overall. I don’t see why people have to make such massively exaggerated analysis of Pogba it’s ridiculous. But yes he hasn’t been what anyone expected….neither have Manchester United for eight years.

lex talionis

I suppose it may not matter all that much, but I never see shots of Pogba with the team or even somewhere in the stadium.

Walters_19_MuFc

Think between now and the end of the season, he could find himself in one of the wide attacking midfielder positions. Rangnick, like he did at Leipzig, could also potentially drop Bruno further back like he did with Sabitzer and play Pogba further up.

I just feel when it comes to making those final passes in the final third, Pogba, more often than not, not only spots them but executes them, too.

We have some good options.

Bebestation

Think between now and the end of the season, he could find himself in one of the wide attacking midfielder positions. Rangnick, like he did at Leipzig, could also potentially drop Bruno further back like he did with Sabitzer and play Pogba further up.

I just feel when it comes to making those final passes in the final third, Pogba, more often than not, not only spots them but executes them, too.

We have some good options.
This was my post from October of what I wanted to see - I'm glad that it's starting to happen. Whilst I'm notnsure about Pogba's future, I'd love it if we can see him there and see how deadly we can be.

I want to see a 4222 especially since Ronaldo needs a striker partner. It separates the team to defence, defensive mod, creative mid and finishing.

De Gea
AWB - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
Mctominay-Fred
Bruno - Pogba/Sancho
(RAM)-(LAM)
Cavani - Ronaldo​

Alternatively Greenwood and Rashford can rotate with cavani and Ronaldo.

Walters_19_MuFc

This was my post from October of what I wanted to see - I'm glad that it's starting to happen. Whilst I'm notnsure about Pogba's future, I'd love it if we can see him there and see how deadly we can be.
Rangnick, is that you? :p

But yeah, something I'd love to see, too. Pogba started the season superbly well in that position, and is joint second in terms of assists (7), despite not playing since October.

Bebestation

Rangnick, is that you? :p

But yeah, something I'd love to see, too. Pogba started the season superbly well in that position, and is joint second in terms of assists (7), despite not playing since October.
I think the one thing that's a bit unbalanced this season is using Ronaldo as a Striker and then using inverted forwards like Greenwood, Rashford, Martial. The inverted forwards are not going make the right passes to Ronaldo, and in the other case Ronaldo is not going to make the right passes for the inverted forwards.

If we set up with Pogba and Bruno both trying to make chances for Ronaldo and another striker partner (Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford), things should get quite deadly with our Plan A this season - which is to get the most out of Ronaldo by creating chances for him.

Another thing I liked seeing today was Sancho very narrow and central as a CAM sometimes; just because it gives me hope that the plan B/future i want to see could happen in; a 442 diamond (Sancho choosing with channel to drift in to provide crosses and throughballs:

Rashford - Greenwood
<-Sancho->
LCM - Bruno
CDM​

That requires Matic or a younger one bought next month which may finally allow Pogba playing in his favourite position again at LCM.

The 442 diamond is a formation that Rangnick has used alot of times as well.

united for life

I don’t know what money he’s asking for but for me anything more than the same money he’s on and a two year deal is too big a risk for us given his age and his injuries starting to mount up.

Pogba’s not been nearly as bad as is made out. Not one player has been consistent, many players are moody and you don’t know which Bruno/Rashford/Sancho/Maguire/Shaw are going to turn up. In fact the only ones you could be accurate with are the mediocre players in the squad. He was certainly the best player in the league in Ole’s caretaker period and he was our best player the second half of last season overall. I don’t see why people have to make such massively exaggerated analysis of Pogba it’s ridiculous. But yes he hasn’t been what anyone expected….neither have Manchester United for eight years.
fair enough. We disagree in our Pogba assessment

sp_107

Pogba is too inconsistent to play for UTD every week, At Jube he got world class midfield covering his back like Pirlo/Marchisio with a proper Italian defence in the back.

But here the story is different so we never saw his best for us i na long run. On top of that all those bullsh1t stories from his agent....so better he moves on

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I suppose it may not matter all that much, but I never see shots of Pogba with the team or even somewhere in the stadium.
He's out for at least 12 weeks, players tend to go away and train/recover alone when they're out for this long. I think he's currently in Dubai, probably doing warm weather recovery.

E-mal

I really dont care what happens to him from this point onwards. I doubt his commitment to the team and he hasn't shown enough quality to he wot the hassle.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he has no place in this team. He doesn’t press and he tends control the ball abit too long and to play the ball without any urgency, which is opposite to our current approach. The only thing he could offer though, is his superior passing, which may benefit our attack move once we win the ball back.

The United

Would not be bad tbh.

But his agent would not accept it if they have better offer somewhere. It's a mystery though that if anyone would offer him a lot more than we do.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Would not be bad tbh.

But his agent would not accept it if they have better offer somewhere. It's a mystery though that if anyone would offer him a lot more than we do.
He’s worth more to another club because they don’t have to pay a fee to sign him. They can justify massive wages as they don’t have to pay £50/60 million. He’s already our player. Unless we’ve wanted rid for two years it is stupid that we let players contract run to the last 12 months

A-man

By signing Rangnick, it seems like United are trying to create a plan how to play football. I really don’t see how Pogba would fit in to that plan.

Kostov

I am maybe too nostalgic but I still haven't given up in seeing Pogba in a better system in a United team. I want to see what this new coach can get out of him.

Oranges038

Anything more than minimum wage would be too much for him.

He just needs to go either in January or the summer. It doesn't matter. He's had his time here and like a few others has been given plenty of chances and made plenty of money and delivered feck all.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Anything more than minimum wage would be too much for him.

He just needs to go either in January or the summer. It doesn't matter. He's had his time here and like a few others has been given plenty of chances and made plenty of money and delivered feck all.
What absolute nonsense

RuudTom83

One more summer and it will be over...goodbye Pogba & Lingard, Hello Amad & Hannibal

Status
Not open for further replies.