Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

Think they will offer a new one anyway at the death out of desperation. Expectations are generally for the club to get played by players, clubs and agents

Smores

If he comes back and saves our season, do we offer him a new contract?
He'll transform quite a bit of our attacking play when he does return. We desperately need his passing and I actually think this formation might suit him so it'll be interesting to see.

I still wouldn't give him a bumper contract though, he has too many weaknesses and we'll end up in the same situation if we revert to needing him in midfield.

lost7

No, he's getting older and more injury prone and generally has been to inconsistent to warrant a 400k+ contract, which is what he'll demand at minimum considering he'll be able to get that from PSG and maybe even Real.

If he comes back and we win the champions league thanks to his performances, at least he'll be able to leave with his head held high

united for life

Saw a video of him dancing while getting a trim today on his instagram page. Seems he’s getting the 500k contract. Or…it’s just another day for him :nervous:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Another new contract? He will just use it to bump up his negotiation between PSG, RM and Juve -- and make United look like mugs. Feck him. The United management should take a stand and not play him the rest of the season. He ain't staying so why should we help him with his final pay package away from United?

Let him recover back in Dubai and try and pick up some form for next season by himself. B tech Zidane.

lost7

Another new contract? He will just use it to bump up his negotiation between PSG, RM and Juve -- and make United look like mugs. Feck him. The United management should take a stand and not play him the rest of the season. He ain't staying so why should we help him with his final pay package away from United?

Let him recover back in Dubai and try and pick up some form for next season by himself. B tech Zidane.
Yeah why use him when we're doing so well at the moment without him? Cavani is also leaving in June, should we send him to train in Uruguay, too?

What a silly post. We need to make use of him if he'll be beneficial to the team. If he plays well, good for us. If he doesn't perform, bench him, but not making use of an asset that could be the key difference between making top 4 or not would be beyond stupid

Rake

Can't see him being able to function properly in a high tempo pressing team. He will surely improve our attacking play, but he is way to undisciplined in defensive transition. It could work if we use him as a 10 but we already have Bruno.

Also, there is always some drama surrounding him/ agents/ family. He is talented but we should move on.

laughtersassassin

Obviously we can't do anything about it since he is leaving and injury prone but we are a lot better with him than without. Albeit we are still not great.

Only player in our team who has GREAT passing ability.

Two Midfielders needed for the summer.

Pogba replacement and then a Fred/McTominay replacement

Ludens the Red

2019/2020 - minutes played - 1202 - goals - 1 assists - 4

2020/2021 - minutes played - 1892 - goals - 3 assists - 6

Those statistics are quite astonishing.

lost7

I don't even care if he stays or leaves at this point in the summer, but we desperately have missed in the last 2 and a half months. Let's hope he can get match fit asap because I reckon he'll be key to our top 4 challenge (if there'll be 1!)

Ladron de redcafe

The team has missed him sorely over the past month and a half, and we have looked especially bad in midfield.

Let's hope he's back somewhere near his best to help spearhead a top 4 push.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m predicting he returns for 1 game and gets injured again until the end of season which then he will be leaving. I’m hoping he can really push us towards top 4 though and a trophy, we badly miss him in midfield, the question is though where does he fit into the new system. His passing would be good for the movement of 2 up top.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Obviously we can't do anything about it since he is leaving and injury prone but we are a lot better with him than without. Albeit we are still not great.

Only player in our team who has GREAT passing ability.

Two Midfielders needed for the summer.

Pogba replacement and then a Fred/McTominay replacement
If Pogba goes then we need 3. Matic is on his way out next season and so is VDB. We will have 2 CM next season

Zlatattack

Glad to see him back on the pitch. At least he's capable of creating something when he's bothered.

KennyBurner

we were told by Rangnick he won’t be available for another 5-6 weeks but he is suddenly training? What is going on?

mu4c_20le

Rangnick lied about Martial, so I certainly wouldn't put it past him to about Pogba as well

Greck

Couldn't care less who doesn't like him. If he's available for selection get him in asap.

eire-red

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. This time, however, I'm not going to fall into the Pogba trap again of thinking he'll come back and transform us. I've been down that road too many times before.

userman

we were told by Rangnick he won’t be available for another 5-6 weeks but he is suddenly training? What is going on?
Rangnick lied about Martial, so I certainly wouldn't put it past him to about Pogba as well
Rangnick said 4-5 weeks until Pogba was available for selection 10 days ago, which means he would probably require 2-3 weeks to get ready to play matches after being out for 2,5 months chillin in Dubai. What's the drama? I can't see it..

Siezard

Rangnick said 4-5 weeks until Pogba was available for selection 10 days ago, which means he would probably require 2-3 weeks to get ready to play matches after being out for 2,5 months chillin in Dubai. What's the drama? I can't see it..
The drama is Rangnick is a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.