Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If you add up all his injury layoffs he's now missed the equivalent of two full seasons of football. Quite staggering that we still have some who want him to stay.

Not only is he over rated and not worth the big money, he's not reliable fitness wise either.

He could have been a world beater but he doesn't have the heart and drive to be one.
Yea i agree.

Zlatattack

He’s also been part of the problem during his time here as well. I’d be surprised if Real are still genuinely interested at this point.
I agree. He's not a hard working player when things aren't going well. I think Real might still be interested because they'll get him on a free, and with Modric at 36, it's a good opportunity to get a very talented player who will look a lot better in their side alongside the likes of Casemiro and Kroos. They'll be thinking they're buying the Pogba the french national team get to see.

It's a win for us too. I really wish he'd been our Cantona, but it wasn't to be - he doesn't have the mentality for it and we didn't have a SAF. A part of me hope he stays and proves us all wrong.

The_Midfielder

I agree. He's not a hard working player when things aren't going well. I think Real might still be interested because they'll get him on a free, and with Modric at 36, it's a good opportunity to get a very talented player who will look a lot better in their side alongside the likes of Casemiro and Kroos. They'll be thinking they're buying the Pogba the french national team get to see.

It's a win for us too. I really wish he'd been our Cantona, but it wasn't to be - he doesn't have the mentality for it and we didn't have a SAF. A part of me hope he stays and proves us all wrong.
Slower league ? So they might be interested

Pintu

His Instagram story this morning suggests he misses Marchisio very much.

And someone at Juventus headquarters is missing him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Noticed that Pogba is still fourth for combined goals and assists for United this season, despite being out injured all that time and not having scored himself yet.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Need him back, despite what everyone thinks of him. Bruno is our only creative outlet from midfield so a motivated Pogba (even if that motivation is for a move away) can really help us for a top 4 finish and potentially a trophy!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
His Instagram story this morning suggests he misses Marchisio very much.

And someone at Juventus headquarters is missing him.

Loved that goal even more after I seen this recording of it by a fan.

Crashoutcassius

we have been better without him on average, and that is with fred matic and mctom in the team. should move on on the back of that alone. we cant be paying him top dollar

AFC NimbleThumb

The way a lot of our fans treat our black players in particular is vile.
Fixed.

We’ve an £80mil carthorse playing at CB who’s biggest achievement is POtY for Hull yet their treatment couldn’t be more different.

Last edited:

Ixion

Fixed.

We’ve an £80mil carthorse playing at CB who’s biggest achievement is POtY for Hull yet their treatment couldn’t be more different.
And getting arrested in Greece and scoring against San Marino. Don't sell him short.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fixed.

I think Maguire is getting plenty of abuse and grief from the fan base to be honest.

In Pogbas case you obviously can’t ignore the antics of Raiola, his family and some of the fuel he himself has added to the speculation about him moving over the years. You can see why that’s annoyed fans especially mixed with his inconsistency, the perception he’s failed to live up to what was expected and the instability at the club during the same period.

Unless you believe United has a racist fan base in general?

jesperjaap

we have been better without him on average, and that is with fred matic and mctom in the team. should move on on the back of that alone. we cant be paying him top dollar
Disagree with that personally, we have been a better side with him in. I say that as someone who has massively wanted him gone fo rthe last two seasons or so, should certainly have sold him on the back of Fernandes first season, that was his replacement, instead we have tried him in dm again or on the wing where he has been pretty good in all fairness, but not the answer

arthurka

So no one thinks this has anything to do with his and his agents antics, constant underperforming and his disrespecting of the club by flirting with other teams and by missing there hardest period while posting his great time recovering in the sun far far away from Utd's medical department.
Maybe I am wrong here but I just don't want to believe that there are racial motives behind this.

Crashoutcassius

Disagree with that personally, we have been a better side with him in. I say that as someone who has massively wanted him gone fo rthe last two seasons or so, should certainly have sold him on the back of Fernandes first season, that was his replacement, instead we have tried him in dm again or on the wing where he has been pretty good in all fairness, but not the answer
Yes agree he was good on the wing. But think on average the team was worse with him in double pivot Vs our other options

jesperjaap

Yes agree he was good on the wing. But think on average the team was worse with him in double pivot Vs our other options
Yes that was my main reason we should have sold him once Fernandes came, he simply cant play the double picot as he is far too sloppy and lazy in dangerous areas both on the ball and defensively......even saying that, slating him again but I still think he is far better than Fred playing there. R|eally dont get anybodies lvoe for Fred, cant remember a worse central midfielder that has played so regularly for us in my lifetime, noweher near godo enough....anyway its Pogba thread.

I think he is better than some of our first team options in certain positions so I disagree, but I do fully agree he should be moved on, thats all jsut opinions though, can understand yours

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

The way a lot of our fans treat our players is vile.
Im no fan of pogba, ive wanted him out for ages now but stooping to racism and/or islamophobia needs to be called out and shouldn't be confused with criticism regarding his performance or general behaviour otherwise.

TheLittleOne

Fixed.

What a load of shite. Its not like players like McTominay, Maguire or Lindelöf dont get any hate. Pogba can have purple skin and I wouldnt care

TheLittleOne

Im no fan of pogba, ive wanted him out for ages now but stooping to racism and/or islamophobia needs to be called out and shouldn't be confused with criticism regarding his performance or general behaviour otherwise.
there is no place for racism If some fans acted that way its good to call them out

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Same here. Nobody has been more critical of him on here than I have but this is just so not needed and also absolutely disgusting too.

My criticism has always been based on his lack of effort to fulfill his potential and also his cancerous agent who needs eradicating from the game.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think Maguire is getting plenty of abuse and grief from the fan base to be honest.

In Pogbas case you obviously can’t ignore the antics of Raiola, his family and some of the fuel he himself has added to the speculation about him moving over the years. You can see why that’s annoyed fans especially mixed with his inconsistency, the perception he’s failed to live up to what was expected and the instability at the club during the same period.

Unless you believe United has a racist fan base in general?
It’s a nuanced argument as I didn’t say Maguire doesn’t get criticism because he does. What I did say is the manner of said critique is vastly different.

Let’s look at his agent. Do you feel bad for the clubs we buy players from when their players go on strike? or talk about how playing for United is a dream? His agent is an idiot, but I find it hilarious how many people slate Raiola [really to have a go at Pogba] only to rock up in a Haaland thread & say we should buy him. . . you know despite Raiola being his agent.

To further discuss Raiola [who again, I have no time for]. Let’s look a Donny VdBs agent, who made some rather damning claims last year despite DvB seeing no game time under 2 managers. Where was the outrage?

Pogba has/was a disappointment but we’re veering from my initial post, him being a disappointment doesn’t make him much different to a Herrera, or a Maguire, or a Shaw, or a McTom but his treatment from fans, similar to Lingard, Rashford & Martial isn’t simply coincidental. Is the fanbase ‘racist in general’? I don’t know, I haven’t canvassed it but what I do know is the abuse the clubs black players get from their own fanbase is piss poor.

Let’s say it’s his faults, his agents fault, his families fault. Playing devils advocate, why would he want to play for a fanbase that abuse him to a point he can’t even put up that post? The trouble with pointing a finger is multiple are pointing back at us all, for every perceived misstep along the Pogba road there’s some idiot [or multiple] that takes it too far.

This is the same fanbase that lapped up Herrera’s farewell tour so maybe it’s just me but no matter how badly you perform on a pitch, there’s no excuse for racial abuse off it. This whole Pogba fiasco reeks of an insecure boyfriend who instead of enjoying his time with his partner overreacts to every glance they make, a lot of the Pogba disappointment is self inflicted. Him playing badly isn’t a particularly unique to players in this squad but the reaction to him, & those with characteristics like his, doing so would make you believe it is.

To clarify, this isn’t some defence of Pogba the United player. Its a response to racist Manchester United [& I’m sure other clubs] fans making him feel he needed to remove a harmless post.

See below for a prime example of a ‘Manchester United fan’ that has somehow missed the dearth of recent racially motivated attacks some of our black players have received & chooses to deny it completely because. . . others get ‘hate’.

What a load of shite. Its not like players like McTominay, Maguire or Lindelöf dont get any hate. Pogba can have purple skin and I wouldnt care
You’ve missed the point entirely. Educate yourself on the issue. Multiple players of the club you support have been racially abused online & I certainly haven’t said only black players ‘get hate’.

When’s the last time Lindelof or McTominay were racially abused?

Done with dunces.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s a nuanced argument as I didn’t say Maguire doesn’t get criticism because he does. What I did say is the manner of said critique is vastly different.

Let’s look at his agent. Do you feel bad for the clubs we buy players from when their players go on strike? or talk about how playing for United is a dream? His agent is an idiot, but I find it hilarious how many people slate Raiola [really to have a go at Pogba] only to rock up in a Haaland thread & say we should buy him. . . you know despite Raiola being his agent.

To further discuss Raiola [who again, I have no time for]. Let’s look a Donny VdBs agent, who made some rather damning claims last year despite DvB seeing no game time under 2 managers. Where was the outrage?

Pogba has/was a disappointment but we’re veering from my initial post, him being a disappointment doesn’t make him much different to a Herrera, or a Maguire, or a Shaw, or a McTom but his treatment from fans, similar to Lingard, Rashford & Martial isn’t simply coincidental. Is the fanbase ‘racist in general’? I don’t know, I haven’t canvassed it but what I do know is the abuse the clubs black players get from their own fanbase is piss poor.

Let’s say it’s his faults, his agents fault, his families fault. Playing devils advocate, why would he want to play for a fanbase that abuse him to a point he can’t even put up that post? The trouble with pointing a finger is multiple are pointing back at us all, for every perceived misstep along the Pogba road there’s some idiot [or multiple] that takes it too far.

This is the same fanbase that lapped up Herrera’s farewell tour so maybe it’s just me but no matter how badly you perform on a pitch, there’s no excuse for racial abuse off it. This whole Pogba fiasco reeks of an insecure boyfriend who instead of enjoying his time with his partner overreacts to every glance they make, a lot of the Pogba disappointment is self inflicted. Him playing badly isn’t a particularly unique to players in this squad but the reaction to him, & those with characteristics like his, doing so would make you believe it is.

To clarify, this isn’t some defence of Pogba the United player. Its a response to racist Manchester United [& I’m sure other clubs] fans making him feel he needed to remove a harmless post.

See below for a prime example of a ‘Manchester United fan’ that has somehow missed the dearth of recent racially motivated attacks some of our black players have received & chooses to deny it completely because. . . others get ‘hate’.

You’ve missed the point entirely. Educate yourself on the issue. Multiple players of the club you support have been racially abused online & I certainly haven’t said only black players ‘get hate’.

You’ve proved the point entirely.
I think much of what you say here is fair however I don’t think I’ve missed the point, was simply wanting to understand what angle you were coming at it from.

I’ll be honest I haven’t looked at the specifics of the abuse all our players get online so you will likely know more than me. What I will say though is United have the biggest fan base in England and one of the biggest in the world. Even outside of what you’d class as a fan United attract everyone. Sadly with that you’re bound to capture racists and not very nice people. The problem really is the anonymity that posting online presents as we saw after the Euros with Rashford, Sancho and Saka.

TheLittleOne

When’s the last time Lindelof or McTominay were racially abused?

Done with dunces.
And I said as well if someone is racist its totally deserved when he gets called out. United have Millions of fans which means there are gonna be racists amongst them. The idiots are always the ones who are the loudest! You said black players get treated vile as if white players didnt, singling out Maguire which is simply not true....

the player that gets the most abuse over the last decade is probably Jones I'd say

and I do absolutely agree with what you say that the racist abuse is disgusting

Following the ‘bound to’ line of reasoning, we’re bound to have a few homophobes, a few Jihadists, a few [enter unsavoury thing here] are we just accepting all the bad parts of society or is this just words to most so not really an issue.
It is certainly an issue! But its called being realistic about things that these things will unfortunately happen, especially in the anonymity of the internet, and your post not gonna change that.

According to one poster I said Maguire doesn’t get criticism despite categorically stating he does.
not my fault you had to oddly mention Maguire in that post of yours
However I believe sone criticism aimed towards Pogba [& our black players] isn’t rooted in the same place that critique of our non-black players is.
I agree, for some people it is doesnt mean every pogba critic thinks that way

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why did this thread turn into a dick measuring contest about who gets the most abuse?

Our players and in general most athletes get abused and ravaged in the social media, some deserved perhaps but generally for childish reasons, that's just the way things are and have always been.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Every club have group of people who follow that club (can't call them fans) and are complete racists, chauvinists and in one word...idiots.
But to say that lots of United fans who don't like Pogba are racists, is a load of complete BS. Many fans want him gone because of many reasons (not me, i want him to stay) and skin colour is none of it.
Utter fecking bs.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think much of what you say here is fair however I don’t think I’ve missed the point, was simply wanting to understand what angle you were coming at it from.

I’ll be honest I haven’t looked at the specifics of the abuse all our players get online so you will likely know more than me. What I will say though is United have the biggest fan base in England and one of the biggest in the world. Even outside of what you’d class as a fan United attract everyone. Sadly with that you’re bound to capture racists and not very nice people. The problem really is the anonymity that posting online presents as we saw after the Euros with Rashford, Sancho and Saka.
I haven’t particularly looked at the specifics either but I can recount a Martial thread & a Rashford thread about this issue, which is already too many for me.

The size of the fanbase & anonymity don’t dissuade the fact that people who identify as Manchester United fans [I’m sure there’s are a vast number of ‘troll accounts’ as well but in particular those with previous United content] have made unsavoury comments in the direction of our black players. There’s a rather worrying trend occurring with United’s black players & blaming it on ‘a few bad apples’ really isn’t addressing the issue. I’d say given the recent attacks the ‘reasonable’ fan has a duty to be far more clear in their analysis/critique.

Following the ‘bound to’ line of reasoning, we’re bound to have a few homophobes, a few Jihadists, a few [enter unsavoury thing here] are we just accepting all the bad parts of society or is this just words to most so not really an issue.

Notice how many gaslighting posts are starting to pop up. ‘people saying all posters who don’t like Pogba are racist’, ‘why are people arguing about who gets most abuse’ - these things aren’t happening, you & I for example are have a reasoned discussion where you’re asking questions & I’m replying but things that aren’t being said are becoming the issue instead of the Pogba post in question & the racist responses to it. According to one poster I said Maguire doesn’t get criticism despite categorically stating he does.

You asked earlier if I ‘believe United have a racist fanbase in general’. I believe the same issues rear their head when race is discussed on Redcafe.

AFC NimbleThumb

And I said as well if someone is racist its totally deserved when he gets called out. United have Millions of fans which means there are gonna be racists amongst them. The idiots are always the ones who are the loudest! You said black players get treated vile as if white players didnt, singling out Maguire which is simply not true....

the player that gets the most abuse over the last decade is probably Jones I'd say

and I do absolutely agree with what you say that the racist abuse is disgusting
We’re having 2 different discussions here.

No one said white players don’t get criticism, check my post count I criticise them myself ffs! [although not for being white before someone chooses to quote me]. You’re having a quality versus quantity argument, it’s not about who gets ‘more’ so I’ll spell it out as for no more misinterpretation.

It is possible to criticise Pogba without taking into account his race, I believe most fans do this. However I believe sone criticism aimed towards Pogba [& our black players] isn’t rooted in the same place that critique of our non-black players is.

kelvinwong2026

Since joined, like every players else, he has not had the chance to play in a modernised, structured team, just as he did in Juve and for France. And he is probably the player that need it most. I don't think we can simply describe him as 'lazy', but more like he has to be given specific roles in a well functioning team. I reckon he could do well under Rangnick. But he is leaving anyways.

TheReligion

Abusive
I haven’t particularly looked at the specifics either but I can recount a Martial thread & a Rashford thread about this issue, which is already too many for me.

The size of the fanbase & anonymity don’t dissuade the fact that people who identify as Manchester United fans [I’m sure there’s are a vast number of ‘troll accounts’ as well but in particular those with previous United content] have made unsavoury comments in the direction of our black players. There’s a rather worrying trend occurring with United’s black players & blaming it on ‘a few bad apples’ really isn’t addressing the issue. I’d say given the recent attacks the ‘reasonable’ fan has a duty to be far more clear in their analysis/critique.

Notice how many gaslighting posts are starting to pop up. ‘people saying all posters who don’t like Pogba are racist’, ‘why are people arguing about who gets most abuse’ - these things aren’t happening, you & I for example are have a reasoned discussion where you’re asking questions & I’m replying but things that aren’t being said are becoming the issue instead of the Pogba post in question & the racist responses to it. According to one poster I said Maguire doesn’t get criticism despite categorically stating he does.

You asked earlier if I ‘believe United have a racist fanbase in general’. I believe the same issues rear their head when race is discussed on Redcafe.
I don’t disagree nor am I suggesting it’s acceptable under the bad apples caveat. The point I was putting forward is United are always worldwide headline news and this is an appealing platform for trolls given they are all about recognition and spreading hate. It’s impossible to gauge who they are, or even where they are from, let alone their affliction to the club.

I can only speak from my personal experience at Old Trafford and say I’ve never seen or heard any racism. I’d also be very confident that if it did manifest itself 99% of the match going fan base would call it out there and then. That’s not to say others here may have experienced something different; I can only speak for myself.

OmarUnited4ever

Madrid have shut down going for him.

They're focused on Mbappe and Haaland.

Pogba doesn't start for Madrid either, Kroos and Modric are still fit and in superb form (still better than Pogba too) and Casemiro is their midfield 3.
There's also 23yo Valverde and the 19yo Camavinga, that's 5 players for 3 spots in midfield, Ceballos is there too, what they need is Mbappe and a quality striker to cover for Benzema, since Jovic & Mariano aren't good enough.

If Modric doesn't renew and decides to leave then there is a room in the squad for Pogba, but that's a big if.

Longshanks

Vile abuse on social media shock! Really who thought allowing people to say basically whatever they want behind the protection of a keyboard would cause these sort of problems.

What i always find interesting is that there isn't a outpouring of shock or horror until the abuse turns racist.

Like somehow all manner of derogatory comments about appearances is absolutely fine until someone openly makes a racist comment and bang suddenly all those people happy to use so called non racist abuse jump on there high horses and condem the racism while openly abusing players, but just not 'racially'.

How about you try just not abusing people on social media full stop. You want to criticise a player for there performance fine keep it constructive. Start name calling etc than you are no better than the racists in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.