Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield
Foot: Both
Player Agent: Mino Raiola
Squad Number: #6
Contract until: Jun 30, 2022
Outfitter: Adidas

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...rashford-sancho-and-saka-against-racist-abuse

Starting his message by tagging Rashford, Sancho and Saka directly, Pogba wrote: “I am PROUD OF YOU. You win some, you lose some. You took the courage to take the penalties and you showed your worth to help your country reach the final.

“We cannot tolerate or stand for racism anymore and we will never stop combatting it. You boys should hold your heads high and be proud of your confidence. You are examples of this beautiful game. Never forget that. Be proud of yourselves, the World of football is proud of you!”

RedStarUnited

France last game was about a month ago now. Shouldnt this guy be back in Manchester for pre season already?

Judging by his Insta, he still in Miami. Some of his other national team mates are already with their teams, the likes of Mbappe and obviously Varane.

bludsucker

Is he back yet? Not on instagram so don’t follow the players too much. But shouldn’t he be back in training now. Or has he also gone ‘awol’ like kane.

laughtersassassin

Is he back yet? Not on instagram so don’t follow the players too much. But shouldn’t he be back in training now. Or has he also gone ‘awol’ like kane.
He was back in Manchester days ago. Before he was due back in fact.

He went to the team meal on the weekend.

He is not with the team in Scotland.

Best guess is he needed to stay back to do his pre season medical or some assigned individual training program etc etc.

He is not AWOL as he has clearly been in contact with the club.

Fred Cavani Sancho are also not back and not even in Manchester as far as anyone knows.

Clearly the pre season schedule has not been based on amount of holidays etc. Looks to be done on an individual basis.

Take Lindelof for example. Only returned yesterday but had much more free time than Maguire and Shaw.

Video from today had Pogba in his house in Manchester again so really the obvious guess is he has an individual training program to get him up to speed. Maybe they figured another flight wasn't worth the hassle.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He was back in Manchester days ago. Before he was due back in fact.

He went to the team meal on the weekend.

He is not with the team in Scotland.

Best guess is he needed to stay back to do his pre season medical or some assigned individual training program etc etc.

He is not AWOL as he has clearly been in contact with the club.

Fred Cavani Sancho are also not back and not even in Manchester as far as anyone knows.

Clearly the pre season schedule has not been based on amount of holidays etc. Looks to be done on an individual basis.

Take Lindelof for example. Only returned yesterday but had much more free time than Maguire and Shaw.

Video from today had Pogba in his house in Manchester again so really the obvious guess is he has an individual training program to get him up to speed. Maybe they figured another flight wasn't worth the hassle.
Not the answer the masses want…..Virus get rid (just delete your post and put that, the masses will be happier)

laughtersassassin

Not the answer the masses want…..Virus get rid (just delete your post and put that, the masses will be happier)
For some reason I have to fight the irrational nonsense.

Ever since people where accusing him of faking injuries it became impossible to ignore.

That period was so insane that Pogba then posted a video of him post surgery as proof.

Shimo

Ever since people where accusing him of faking injuries it became impossible to ignore.

That period was so insane that Pogba then posted a video of him post surgery as proof.
It's almost - almost - a pointless battle. Just look at statement Rashford had to come out to justify his decision for the surgery now.

bludsucker

I don’t think what i said was irrational. As players with a lesser amount of rest than pogba have joined the team. So was just wondering where he was. Curiosity was completely driven by my need to get my FPL team right for the opening weekend.

laughtersassassin

I don’t think what i said was irrational. As players with a lesser amount of rest than pogba have joined the team. So was just wondering where he was. Curiosity was completely driven by my need to get my FPL team right for the opening weekend.
I wasn't taking your post as anything other than a genuine question.

The irrational comment was just speaking to the general hysteria we see on the forum.

Irwin99

Wonder if the match going fans will get on his back if he decides not to sign the deal and his performances don't match expectations? I remember Rio Ferdinand getting a bit of stick years ago for prolonged contract negotiations.

MDFC Manager

If that had happened, you'd never have heard the end of it

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wonder if the match going fans will get on his back if he decides not to sign the deal and his performances don't match expectations? I remember Rio Ferdinand getting a bit of stick years ago for prolonged contract negotiations.
Probably.

laughtersassassin

Of course they will. They might be a minority but there have been fans treating Pogba like crap for years.

They take any excuse to do so.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
hmmmmm tricky one

laughtersassassin

Things go well : "Pogba sign the deal-Pogba Pogba sign the deal"
Things go badly: Boo, get out of the club etc etc.
Spot on. Most are very fickle.

If we had won the Europa I think the narrative this summer would have been very different as Pogba was vital in is reaching the final.

The fact we lost means his contribution was completely forgotten about/ignored

bludsucker

I wasn't taking your post as anything other than a genuine question.

The irrational comment was just speaking to the general hysteria we see on the forum.
Ah ok then. I get it. The caf can seem so negative at times. Especially when we lose.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Spot on. Most are very fickle.

If we had won the Europa I think the narrative this summer would have been very different as Pogba was vital in is reaching the final.

The fact we lost means his contribution was completely forgotten about/ignored
Honestly a lot of the match going fans aren't that fickle. Lots would rather he moved on regardless.

Highfather_24

Needs more match-sharpness. Understandable considering its his first game of the season.

Posh Red

Honestly a lot of the match going fans aren't that fickle. Lots would rather he moved on regardless.
Was at the game today. As soon as he starting warming up all of the fans around me started singing his name. Generally when I go to the stadium he seems to get a lot of love. Has your experiences been different then?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Useless in central midfield. Less of a liability when moved out left. Fairly typical performance.
:lol: It really wasn’t. But look forward to your infrequent appearances again this season when he has an off game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Was at the game today. As soon as he starting warming up all of the fans around me started singing his name. Generally when I go to the stadium he seems to get a lot of love. Has your experiences been different then?
I’m a season ticket holder in stretford end tier two……..We’ve only ever sung for him individually in one game, after the Wolves game last season when he was racially abused and that was “one Paul Pogba” we don’t even really have a song for him.

My experience is very different

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
And I’m not looking forward to your relentless drivel after his many many off games (or indeed after his occasional good games).
You only have to look back at how often your not in his match day thread to know your talking utter shite here again. I think it’s pretty sad when someone only looks for negatives and only comments on negatives on a player. This was a pre season friendly also you plank.

Edit: just looked at last season….the infrequency of your posts from January to May and those mostly in a couple of games after his injury and to criticise him after the final.

Last edited:

Sylar

He shouldnt start the first game, but could be useful as a sub.

Tony247

Was all over the place, but hey this was a practice match.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's today, a pre season exhibition. I haven't seen anything like that toward him during the season when I've gone. A lot of them are rather he just left but there isn't much abuse

The United

Given his contract situation, Ole is probably finding a solution for his midfield without Pogba this season.

Play him by any means if he is up for it and everyone should invest less emotions in him.

Foxbatt

The best thing that can happen to Ole and for United is for Pogba to ask for a transfer or for that matter refuse to extend his contract. That's the only thing to force Ole to get rid of him.

Tallis

Let’s sign a 6. Pair him with VDB / Fred / McT.

Then use Pogba as rotation to Bruno and occasionally
on left or to change things up if we are chasing a game.

Scholsey2004

I think Pogba will be rotating with Rashford on the left from now on. Rashys out at the start of the season anyway. A creative and technically gifted attacking midielder and a pacey wide forward gives good a variety tactically, certainly better than a choice between Rashford and Martial who are both wide forwards (when Martial plays on the left).

Status
Not open for further replies.