Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What happened to him this season? Just seems like a different player. So much relaxed and mature, just seems something clicked finally clicked for him here.

Please, please sign the damn contract now!

Valencia Shin Crosses

On the ball - brilliant.

Defensive effort - brilliant (for him and in general to be fair).

However, I would question the 'quality' of his defensive contributions as it was lots of huff and puff, which is still important of course but would prefer more reading of the game (e.g chasing a player after they are goal side is not efficient or effective) but it's a step in the right direction.

I felt it's the best defensively I've seen of him from recent memory.
I don’t think he’ll ever be a true reader of the game defensively (it’s more of something that’s just instinct) but he doesn’t have to be to still be effective in a pivot because he still brings good recovery skills and obviously is outrageous on the ball. If you give him a partner similar to Matic except with proper mobility I think we’d be elite, because he brings enough defensively to where he isn’t the liability he probably was a few years ago.

Jinn

The undeserved, ridiculous amount of pressure is of him now, he can just focus on being creative and keeping it simple.
He's much more relaxed knowing that we have other players who can share the load. IMO.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Recency bias surely. Scholes was like a sniper with his feet.
Scholes was very accurate with long passes and kept things ticking beautifully but Pogba’s got a wider range of passing and is much more inventive.

Scholes’ two best seasons were in 02/03 and 06/07 where he managed 5 PL assists combined. Like Pogba that involved a mixture of playing as an attacking midfielder and a centre mid.

Pogba’s obviously got more assists than that in the first 4 games this season but in every season he’s been with us he’s been more productive on that front, primarily because he’s a much more creative passer.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'd say difference between his and Scholes' passing is around 5-10% accuracy which tells you all you need to know about comparing them. They are two completely different midfielders. Against weaker opposition Pogba's passing is more creative, but he could never replicate that whenever he was pressed(and that's against pretty much every good opposition) unlike Scholes whose passing accuracy was hardly ever bad even when he had a bad game in general. Whenever Pogba is pressed, he makes so many bad passes Scholes would never make even in his worst form.

OverratedOpinion

Recency bias surely. Scholes was like a sniper with his feet.
Pogba may very well be one of the most technically gifted players to ever live when it comes to passing the ball over distance, almost perfect.

Scholes is also but when it comes to that one specific part of the game (executing difficult passes over distance) it is not ridiculous to compare Pogba to anyone that has ever lived.

He also has incredible consistency at spotting passes early.

zenith

His best position is still LW. Today, the Newcastle! Midfield were not too interested in pressing at all, else matic and pogba would have had a bad time.

Unreal on the assist front though

sp_107

What happened to him this season? Just seems like a different player. So much relaxed and mature, just seems something clicked finally clicked for him here.

If he signs new contraxt , he might not play like this...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Where's the poster who said Pogba wouldn't get another assist for 5 matches after his 4 assists season debut? What an insanely productive start to the season, but it's more on the attackers than on Pogba by finishing his chances, Pogba has never been short of solid at creating opportunities, there was just a lack of end product to them from the attackers. His first season it already felt like he could have had a record number of assists here if not for such poor finishing.

The Original

Yes, there is a visible calmness in his demeanour. My theory is that its maturity, plain and simple. He's 29. Age changes everyone but it is particularly visible with intelligent, creative midfielders.

laughtersassassin

First of all cant we stop with this camps stuff and posters more thinking about saying something about other posters and making fun of them.
Lets instead say he was great again, kept the play ticking, kept it simple, everything was going through him and had 2 assists. Him with this strike force wonders can happen.

When will he sign a contract? :)
He probably isn't signing a contract and that's ok. He was hated here for so long by so many.

Would be wrong to begrudge him for wanting to go. There is nothing wrong with leaving a club.

Sure it's shite for us but it is what it is. I will enjoy every second he is here and want him to do well wherever he goes.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I never wanted him to stay as much as I do now
I doubt we could ever properly replace him as there simply isn't a player of his caliber out there

Such shame his great service comes with that fat elephant circus

He still can be a tad inconsistent but in the last half seasons till now he seems to have found his groove showing us what he truly can give us

Dembeza

He has a great understanding with Bruno. Every game he manages to put Bruno through with a ball over the defense. Every time he puts Bruno clean through you expect a goal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He probably isn't signing a contract and that's ok. He was hated here for so long by so many.

Would be wrong to begrudge him for wanting to go. There is nothing wrong with leaving a club.

Sure it's shite for us but it is what it is. I will enjoy every second he is here and want him to do well wherever he goes.
Well that’s just weird. Maybe - at a stretch - we could root for ex players that leave for a sizeable fee. Anyone who sits out their contract and leaves on a free can go feck themselves. As for someone who does that twice…

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Scholes was very accurate with long passes and kept things ticking beautifully but Pogba’s got a wider range of passing and is much more inventive.

Scholes’ two best seasons were in 02/03 and 06/07 where he managed 5 PL assists combined. Like Pogba that involved a mixture of playing as an attacking midfielder and a centre mid.

Pogba’s obviously got more assists than that in the first 4 games this season but in every season he’s been with us he’s been more productive on that front, primarily because he’s a much more creative passer.
I’m not sure about that. Scholes played in a team who constantly attacked down the flanks. Wingers with chalk on their boots and overlapping fullbacks. So it’s not a great surprise that he didn’t get many assists. He was a wonderfully creative passer though. Which you saw more towards the end of his career. In his peak he was happy to keep things more simple, passing it out wide and legging it forwards to try get on the end of something in the box.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

He was our best player for half the season last year. Fans just have short memories.

The summer came and suddenly it was "why can't he do this for United " when he did

laughtersassassin

Well that’s just weird. Maybe - at a stretch - we could root for ex players that leave for a sizeable fee. Anyone who sits out their contract and leaves on a free can go feck themselves. As for someone who does that twice…
What's weird? As long as it isn't against us I'll want him to do well.

If he leaves it'll be to Madrid or PSG so bar the CL against us I'll be hoping he does well because I think he is a great player and did well for us even if others don't.

I was pissed Ronaldo left us but still enjoyed seeing him do well etc.

Anyway by some reports we didn't even offer him a contract till this summer. Not great by the club that now is it?

We will never know the full story anyway.

Also how can anyone care that he left the first time? He was right to. He was ready for first team football and he proved that. Same thing Sancho did to City. Nothing wrong with wanting to play once you are ready.

If Hannibal thought he was ready next season and left for example and then instantly proved he was then I wouldn't blame him etc. Would be annoyed we lost a good player is all but wouldn't blame the player for trying to get the most out of their career.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
What's weird? As long as it isn't against us I'll want him to do well.

If he leaves it'll be to Madrid or PSG so bar the CL against us I'll be hoping he does well because I think he is a great player and did well for us even if others don't.

I was pissed Ronaldo left us but still enjoyed seeing him do well etc.

Anyway by some reports we didn't even offer him a contract till this summer. Not great by the club that now is it?

We will never know the full story anyway.

Also how can anyone care that he left the first time? He was right to. He was ready for first team football and he proved that. Same thing Sancho did to City. Nothing wrong with wanting to play once you are ready.

If Hannibal thought he was ready next season and left for example and then instantly proved he was then I wouldn't blame him etc. Would be annoyed we lost a good player is all but wouldn't blame the player for trying to get the most out of their career.
Ok. I know your type. I won’t try and reason with you.

criticalanalysis

I don’t think he’ll ever be a true reader of the game defensively (it’s more of something that’s just instinct) but he doesn’t have to be to still be effective in a pivot because he still brings good recovery skills and obviously is outrageous on the ball. If you give him a partner similar to Matic except with proper mobility I think we’d be elite, because he brings enough defensively to where he isn’t the liability he probably was a few years ago.
No questions about his passing of course but I'd still be wary of of relying on him in a pivot defensively against good sides. It's not a sleight on him, just I believe we shouldn't be putting him in that position and he should be more of an 8 but that's been discussed many times already.

Devil may care

On the ball he was superb today, the assist for Lingard's goal was pure class, and he worked his socks off as well even though midfield remained dangerously open.

laughtersassassin

Ok. I know your type. I won’t try and reason with you.
Nah go on humour me? What's my type? And don't say I'll go off supporting whoever Pogba goes to because I won't. I'll barley even watch them.

I Support United and United only.

Nothing wrong with liking one or two players around the world though.

Iniesta for example I always loved to watch.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Nah go on humour me? What's my type? And don't say I'll go off supporting whoever Pogba goes to because I won't. I'll barley even watch them.

I Support United and United only.

Nothing wrong with liking one or two players around the world though.

Iniesta for example I always loved to watch.
I’m being judgemental. I can’t relate to the way you support players/teams but that’s ok. To each their own.

RUCK4444

I posted lots in the transfer window about how short people’s memories are, he was very good last season as well when fit.

People underestimate massively what a loss he will be if we don’t renew his contract.

When fit he is invariably one of our very best players and the most talented.

Alemar

Still 7 assists in 4 games is unbelievable. Comfortably leading our team’s G+A chart as well.

RUCK4444

Watching the game today in the stadium there were gaping holes in midfield, Matic was woeful, he had to put a massive shift in today to be creative and try not to let the midfield be completely overrun.

Absolutely crying out for an elite DM. It will cost us, I fear.

3vra

So this is a stat that blown my mind…

Scholes best ever Premierleague season in terms of assists was 98/99 with seven.

Pogba just equal that having another 34 games to go…

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Better than his form since he came back from covid? He has been one of the best players in Europe for about 8 months.
For not understanding people when they don't explain what they mean? Yeah I am a real buzzkill.
You leapt on a simple comment. Calm down.

He’s been terrific from LAM but he’s been lacking as a CM. Today with Matic was a marked improvement in his all round play reminiscent of their Burnley partnership in terms of allowing each other to play their natural game.

Real Name

Hated by United fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.