Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How he’s been booked and no one else has? He’s just been rugby tackled

laughtersassassin

Top 3 centre mid in the world without a doubt. If we don't get that out of him that's on us.

Also another showing to shut up the he needs Kante camp.

Truly brilliant. Signing Tchoumani in Jan would be a good idea.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Another proof he doesn't need to be accompanied by a top DM.
France had an actual DM tonight.

Fred and Mctominay are box to box players. They will never be DMs. Matic hasn't the legs anymore.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He was class for France tonight. We go down this usual debate of needing a good defensive midfielder beside him to see the best of Pogba but I think Bruno occupying that space in front of him also doesn't help. We can't fit him into Ole's system.

hmchan

Isn’t he next to a much more defensively minded midfielder?
France had an actual DM tonight.

Fred and Mctominay are box to box players. They will never be DMs. Matic hasn't the legs anymore.
Yes he plays next to a more defensively minded midfielder, but not necessarily a top one. The cliche that he can only play with Kante in a double pivot has to stop.

TempusFugit

Somebody convince him that he's still playing for France this weekend. He was fecking unplayable today. Strength of an ox, literal eye of the needle passes and when he gets going you can't stop him. World class no matter what people say. Made Rodri and Busquets look like clowns.

lost7

Created so many chances with his runs from deep and defensively he was immense towards the end of the game (especially with that slide tackle to block a shot in the penalty box and some important defensive headers). Also, I don't know what was going on with him, but he was screaming at everyone in the team and leading by example. Looked more like Roy Keane than Pogba with his demeanour today

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Fantastic performance, you can see what it means to him to want to compete for top honours.
If we want to keep him we have to win something, but I can't think of many who are confident we will be there at the end of the season.

Remember the geese

Maybe we should play a back 3, sign Tchouameni, keep Bruno in the Griezmann role and then play 2 of Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood up top. (Sorry Jadon).

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another proof he doesn't need to be accompanied by a top DM.
Tchoumani was as good as a DM.
+ France barely had any control - same issue as ours, especially in the 1st half, and had Spain had a decent goalscorer, they'd have won the game quite comfortably and we wouldn't be talking about his performance (which, I agree was fantastic)

Shark

@NotShark
Why not just play Mctomminay and Pogba for a string of games and see how they develop? It's better than persisting with a midfield that offers zero creativity or stability. There's no doubt Matic should of been replaced the summer gone but Ole has dug himself this hole and needs to figure something out pronto for his and United's sake.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It frustrates me to not see him play as a CM more at Utd given that the upside is very interesting. No one can convince that it would be worse than playing both McFred at the same time.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was class for France tonight. We go down this usual debate of needing a good defensive midfielder beside him to see the best of Pogba but I think Bruno occupying that space in front of him also doesn't help. We can't fit him into Ole's system.
He can play as a 6. More often than not, his defensive work is overstated because we're quite poor as a unit. We even see our defensive vulnerabilities when McFred are playing. Once we sort our unit out and get someone defensive next to him, then it'll be fine.

We could also look to play what France played today - a 3412, which allow give us that extra insurance with another centre back.

Lindelof Varane Maguire
Wan-Bissaka McTominay Pogba Shaw
Bruno

laughtersassassin

It's funny how at international level he is so clear of KDB. Arguably at international level he is the best Midfielder in the world. I think he is anyway. Brilliant at the euros they lost the final, Frances best player at the World cup. And Frances best player in the Euros.

Then at Club level KDB is so clear of him. Show the importance of setups, style etc.

Godfather

Bruno plays almost exactly the same position as Griezmann so I don't see why we couldn't.

laughtersassassin

Even with his flaws at United we dint have a Midfielder who is even half as good as him

No matter who we are playing he should be one of the two

It's not like McT or Fred help us get clean sheets anyway

Godfather

Why not just play Mctomminay and Pogba for a string of games and see how they develop? It's better than persisting with a midfield that offers zero creativity or stability. There's no doubt Matic should of been replaced the summer gone but Ole has dug himself this hole and needs to figure something out pronto for his and United's sake.
Because McT isn't good enough

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It frustrates me to not see him play as a CM more at Utd given that the upside is very interesting. No one can convince that it would be worse than playing both McFred at the same time.
We've been told that McFred are there to 'do the dirty work', and 'protect the back 4' but I haven't seen any evidence of that in recent games - we haven't won any midfield battle.
I think playing Matic for 60mins a match and subbing on McTominay is the best midfield we currently have to play next to Pogba.
But also I can't see why our coaches can't use AWB & Shaw as make-shift midfielders who don't cross the half way line (in a similar way City do) when the other one is on the attack.

hmchan

Tchoumani was as good as a DM.
+ France barely had any control - same issue as ours, especially in the 1st half, and had Spain had a decent goalscorer, they'd have won the game quite comfortably and we wouldn't be talking about his performance (which, I agree was fantastic)
It is Deschamps' gameplan to give up possession, or so-called control. They always sit tight in the first half and then increase the intensity in the second, exactly the same in the semi vs Belgium.

Shark

@NotShark
Because McT isn't good enough
Yes but my point is that we've failed to bring in anyone better and Matic can only play less than a handful of games. We don't lose anything from trying something different and at least giving it a chance to blossom. At least until January.

Oranges038

Fantastic performance, you can see what it means to him to want to compete for top honours.
If we want to keep him we have to win something, but I can't think of many who are confident we will be there at the end of the season.
Maybe if he played like this for the people that pay him hundreds of thousands every week then he could be more confident about competing for honours come the end of the season.

:lol: :lol:

It's Bruno's fault, it's Ole's system... even before Bruno and Ole arrived he didn't fit into any system and played like he does for Utd now. Erratic and half arsed.

It's clear he has more desire to play for France than Utd. Never seen him put in a shift like he has tonight in a Utd shirt.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Maybe if he played like this for the people that pay him hundreds of thousands every week then he could be more confident about competing for honours come the end of the season.
He does. What a weird statement.

RUCK4444

We need to get rid of him, apparently we would be better off :rolleyes:

I haven’t even seen the game but I know exactly what to expect of him in the right setup with a decent midfield partner.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He does not. Don't be lying to yourself.
No he does, you saying you have never "seen him put in a shift like he has tonight in a Utd shirt." says more about you and your perception of his games for us.
I'm not in the mood to debate delusion.

CloneMC16

Unreal tonight. He gets plaudits for his passing, but his defensive work was top tier in this game. We need to see this Pogba more often in a United shirt. Ole needs to find a way to get the best out of him. There are very few players better when he plays like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.