Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is getting really silly. You’re talking about the team pre-Bruno. He didn’t sign for us in August so it is irrelevant as to the team sheet from August to February. I’m talking about the team Bruno walked into, not the one before he arrived. I’d take someone saying his first few games Pogba and Rashford were injured….but it was a handful of games and when everyone was fit again the team selection was consistent and I’ve named it several times.

I’ve got to leave it here and we will agree to disagree if you feel the team Bruno played in, not the one he didn’t, is worse than the team in Pogba’s first season.

Enjoy your day.
You want to check the team Bruno walked into? Go and check the teamsheet against Wolves. Or the teamsheet before the lockdown. James was a regular starter along with Martial, McFred.

Only difference would be Greenwood as he played all games after restart, in the first 2 months when Bruno was signed, James played regularly, not Greenwood. James started 4/5 games before the lockdown and the one game he didn't play was when he was injured.

Ignoring that, lets go with Greenwood as starter, it's just one position.

So that leaves with De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Herrera, Carrick, Zlatan who were better than the players in 2019-20. Ignore Carrick too, that's still 5 players. So not "much better team".

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The team Jose put together was stronger than the team Bruno eventually came into. I’d say from the next summer window on it was equal again and after last summer, on paper, it’s stronger now.
:lol: Well played.

MattofManchester

A reminder of how shite he can be. Never a world class footballer because he's got zero consistency.

He needs to go.

jamesjimmybyrondean

His 3 times balondor performance in between a mixture of average to decent games is not worth the money we will pay him and the inbalance he brings

IhabX7

He doesn’t look he enjoys playing football at all. Not interested one bit.

marktan

It's what you get when you play him deep. He can't tackle or cover to save his life, he never has. But Ole in all his infinite wisdom will continue playing him there because he decided to spunk £100m on Sancho and Ronaldo instead of a midfielder.

Nick7

Can’t play in midfield. Needs to stop being played in midfield. Utter fecking liability. His “work” for Leicester’s 3rd and 4th goals sums him up.

spiriticon

Every time he tries to shield the ball he inevitably loses it. Just fecking pass to it to the nearest man and get out of trouble ffs

M Bison

Supports
York City
can’t wait until the day he’s playing for another club, sooner he’s gone the better.

Defines our team, great on their day but doesn’t happen often enough and looks uninterested the majority of the time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was OK on the ball, which would be fine if he wasn't absolutely terrible off the ball. He can't play in midfield two.
That said I fully expect him to start next game because Ole wants to be "popular" (especially now under so much pressure) and now with Rashford back we will need to find place for our another superstar Paul Pogba.

el3mel

In the midfield he's a complete passenger. With him in midfield and Ronaldo up top, we're basically playing with 9 men for the majority of the game.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He was awful today.

Withdraw the contract offer and try to move him in January. I don't think it's possible to cobble together an effective midfield with him, Bruno, and any defensive midfielder we might sign (much less the crap we have now).

RedRoach

Pogba is a complete enigma for me. Supposedly one of the better midfielders in the world and yet is not good at doing midfield things. Kept committing fouls, missing tackles and getting himself out of position. His only saving grace was his passing, but playing in midfield is more than that. Honestly keen to see him move on just so that we don't keep trying to have to shoehorn him into the side in some form or the other.

Born2Lose

More naturally talented than Tielemans but half the player. Should have done the switch over the summer.

Suicidal from Ole to go Matic and Pogba against Leicester away.

RuudTom83

He was at his nonchalant best today...it seemed running was beneath him, his mind was still with France in the final.

Was a shite performance to watch...best to stay off the cafe for a few days.

He was at his nonchalant best today...it seemed running was beneath him, his mind was still with France in the final.

It's been years of the same shit. The ocassions top game doesn't make up for all the other shite. Just want him gone.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Even my father who only watches rugby was asking who that United midfielder was, that was just walking around the pitch all the time.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He plays well in like 15 games max a season for us, so we should probably have maybe 12 more good performance left this season.

No doubt his fans would be convinced that we should give him whatever he wants to extend his contract.

atkar83

Sometimes I feel like he knows he won't win a 50/50 but still tries a ball trick that usually leads to a loss of possession and him completely behind the play. When you're in a midfield 2 with a slow Matic next to you why keep doing it? Wouldn't he change his game to best help the team?

Classical Mechanic

Two high intensity games with France probably plays a factor in this to be fair. It shows for all the faults of McFred they're the best pair we have at the moment in the middle.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm owed a million apologies on this thread. This is the real Paul Pogba. Crumbles the second he's under any pressure. Thrives when teams sit off him and admire him. How is that a world class player? He's not even close. Tielemans is a better player by far.

Never disliked a Utd player as much as I do him. Absolute pansy and can't wait till he's gone. Dab your way back to Italy Paul.

-Supreme-

He unbalances the overall setup of the team, I'd be really worried if we give him up a new 400-500k a week contract.

NZT-One

It's what you get when you play him deep. He can't tackle or cover to save his life, he never has. But Ole in all his infinite wisdom will continue playing him there because he decided to spunk £100m on Sancho and Ronaldo instead of a midfielder.
The issue is, it isn't only Ole who thinks, he should play in midfield, there are quite a few posters on here adamant, we just have to find the right partner to have him flourishing after all. Imagine, Leicester paid 25 mio for Soumare in the summer. 25 million. For a guy who topped all statistics relevant to playing in a DM role the year before... how are we not interested in that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.