Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's never been a sprinter, but has he always been this slow? He was second to every loose ball, even when he was closest. Even Matic looked quicker today.

He's got the ability to pull things out of nowhere, like all those assists he racked up in the first 2 or 3 games this season, but he's reverted to type since then, lumbering around the pitch, and just watching the opposition play infront of him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's never been a sprinter, but has he always been this slow? He was second to every loose ball, even when he was closest. Even Matic looked quicker today.

He's got the ability to pull things out of nowhere, like all those assists he racked up in the first 2 or 3 games this season, but he's reverted to type since then, lumbering around the pitch, and just watching the opposition play infront of him.
His first steps have always been slow, he is strangely heavy and that's why I said a few weeks ago that he isn't that great of an athlete because he turns like supertanker but on a straight line and with a bit of distance he isn't slow.

MagooDad

He needs to play higher up and in a more free role. He's very underutilized as a deep lying CM and there are better and cheaper options that does that job better without Pogbas unique talent.

spiriticon

How many effing times does he have to demonstrate that he can't play in a two man midfield before the message sinks in?
Well he's not very good on the left of the attacking 3 either.

People keep saying left of a midfield 3 but we never ever play that formation so what's the point of thinking about what ifs?

It's likely that his contract runs out before Ole is sacked so I guess it's bye bye Pogs

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
His first steps have always been slow, he is strangely heavy and that's why I said a few weeks ago that he isn't that great of an athlete because he turns like supertanker but on a straight line and with a bit of distance he isn't slow.
And even when he's running in a straight line, he can be out-muscled off the ball by players smaller than him. Pogba is a giant playing like he's a midget.

redshaw

I didn't like his choice to play a freekick across our own 18 yard box which lead to the first goal. yes Maguire should deal with but it sets us up in panic mode. Pogba after playing it dangerously is then pointing to him to pass it to De Gea who then has to get rid quick to Maguire.

Today he did his usual losing possession and clumsily tackling back giving away fouls in a lethargic manner while Tielemans is showing us what a midfielder can do in this league.

He has that look of what's going on when he gets caught or makes another foul like he's stepped into a different sport, does he find the PL too fast, seems to want more time to stop and turn.

Last edited:

chiz2kul

I'm owed a million apologies on this thread. This is the real Paul Pogba. Crumbles the second he's under any pressure. Thrives when teams sit off him and admire him. How is that a world class player? He's not even close. Tielemans is a better player by far.

Never disliked a Utd player as much as I do him. Absolute pansy and can't wait till he's gone. Dab your way back to Italy Paul.
Yes he was poor today, but this is an absolutely nonsense take.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I will say that again - no point in judging player performance until we see a manager change. It's a complete waste of time and effort.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And even when he's running in a straight line, he can be out-muscled off the ball by players smaller than him. Pogba is a giant playing like he's a midget.
That part is very true, strangely enough he can be physical but it's inconsistent and doesn't match with his natural technical style. Pogba should have a low center of gravity but he doesn't and "struggles" with that.

I'm owed a million apologies on this thread. This is the real Paul Pogba. Crumbles the second he's under any pressure. Thrives when teams sit off him and admire him. How is that a world class player? He's not even close. Tielemans is a better player by far.

Never disliked a Utd player as much as I do him. Absolute pansy and can't wait till he's gone. Dab your way back to Italy Paul.

1 min into this video. Sums up why he cannot be in our midfield. Fred is guilty of similar too. No Manager will do anything here is players do shit like this...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yes he was poor today, but this is an absolutely nonsense take.
But it isn't. This is the same take of the last 6 years but his fanboys want to pretend it isn't.

He plays like today a lot. He plays like that more than he plays well.

Is he the only problem? Nope not at all. However he is a huge huge problem for us. Complete and utter pansy

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's been this way under Jose and Ole, some players just don't work out the way we want them to.
Doesn't fit the narrative for his fanboys. Kante has to baby sit him in order for him to look good.

When teams press him he's absolutely woeful just like today. When you sit off him he looks good. That's not the description of a top player.

AFC NimbleThumb

But it isn't. This is the same take of the last 6 years but his fanboys want to pretend it isn't.

He plays like today a lot. He plays like that more than he plays well.

Is he the only problem? Nope not at all. However he is a huge huge problem for us. Complete and utter pansy
For someone that detests the man so much you sure do spend A LOT of time in his performance thread.

Trust me, we all get it, you don’t like him, you don’t rate him but calling people fanboys because they aren’t frothing at the mouth over the guy at every opportunity only serves to undermine your already nonsensical takes.

A lot of players were poor today, pop into another thread & keep the same energy. There’s an £80mil club captain who could draw your ire.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would be idiots to sign him on a 400k contract. Our midfielders are poor but we can definitely get someone that suits us more. He brings so little and is so slow. His star has completely faded most of the time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
For someone that detests the man so much you sure do spend A LOT of time in his performance thread.

Trust me, we all get it, you don’t like him, you don’t rate him but calling people fanboys because they aren’t frothing at the mouth over the guy at every opportunity only serves to undermine your already nonsensical takes.

A lot of players were poor today, pop into another thread & keep the same energy. There’s an £80mil club captain who could draw your ire.
I will continue to be proven correct too. Didn't work under Jose. Isn't working for Ole. Let's continue to blame the managers though.

Maybe just maybe he's not very good at handling PL football?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was horrible from start to end. I mean he had some interesting minutes in the first half after Mason's goal but overall it was a proper " I don't give a shite" performance.
Makes it hard to defend the guy when he does this :lol:

talking robot

Stop picking him just so he will sign an over priced contract. Let him leave, and replace him with a talented DM. Play Donny over him in the short term in CM (with McTominay or Matic).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I will continue to be proven correct too. Didn't work under Jose. Isn't working for Ole. Let's continue to blame the managers though.

It’s always the teammates and managers fault. He was the worst midfielder on the pitch today by some distance. Workrate, intensity and keeping the ball. He failed on all fronts. He has to own that. His fans need to accept it too. When he’s bad he’s really really bad

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s always the teammates and managers fault. He was the worst midfielder on the pitch today by some distance. He has to own that. His fans need to accept it too. When he’s bad he’s really really bad
Correct. Ole is proving to be out of his depth but no manager is making Paul Pogba a success in this league. In this league you have to work your arse off and he doesn't want to. You can't just rely on technique to bail you out.

Ali Dia

Correct. Ole is proving to be out of his depth but no manager is making Paul Pogba a success in this league. In this league you have to work your arse off and he doesn't want to. You can't just rely on technique to bail you out.
It’s also playing Matic Bruno Pogba Greenwood Ronaldo etc and giving up on players like James Cavani and giving shit to players like Fred. We’ve tipped the balance way over into lower work rate and aggression players and it’s clearly hurting us. Look at Liverpool and their hunger to hunt everything down and work off the ball for each other. They have a few pretty average players who are super fit and aggressive.

For us It doesn’t matter how tenchically good you are, there’s no way to beat a team that’s pressing you and winning all their 50/50s while running all over you. We should have been soundly beaten by Wolves and Villareal to add to this game and the other terrible performances. It’s not nearly aggressive or fast enough. It’s all fart and no shit. The players are all looking around at each other wondering what to do which is criminal given what we are spending.

AFC NimbleThumb

Proven correct on what exactly? The squads littered with underachievers, Maguire as club captain is fecking criminal. Fred was shite under Jose & now OgS. Matic has been a terrible purchase. Lindelof was in a defence that conceded 4 today, another Jose buy. The list goes on.

Who exactly are ‘those’ blaming the managers? Posters aren’t saying Pogba is blameless in this current predicament, that’s a strawman argument. It’s the constant bile for one player whilst countless others are just as bad, if not worse, that I [personally] find confusing.

Maybe you’re right, he isn’t suited to the EPL but neither are numerous other players in the squad. I’m all for passionate outbursts when the energy is there for others but this is no different than people waiting for Ole losses to pounce on him which has been widely chastised regardless of credibility.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s also playing Matic Bruno Pogba Greenwood Ronaldo etc and giving up on players like James Cavani and giving shit to players like Fred. We’ve tipped the balance way over into lower work rate and aggression players and it’s clearly hurting us. Look at Liverpool and their hunger to hunt everything down and work off the ball for each other. They have a few pretty average players who are super fit and aggressive.

For us It doesn’t matter how tenchically good you are, there’s no way to beat a team that’s pressing you and winning all their 50/50s while running all over you. We should have been soundly beaten by Wolves and Villareal to add to this game and the other terrible performances. It’s not nearly aggressive or fast enough. It’s all fart and no shit. The players are all looking around at each other wondering what to do which is criminal given what we are spending.
We lost today because we didn’t have Dan James? Feck me, this place is a cesspit.

Ali Dia

We lost today because we didn’t have Dan James? Feck me, this place is a cesspit.
Its a cesspit because we can’t have a decent honest conversations about people’s favourite footballers. Fred would have done miles better than Pogba today. Miles and look at the amount of shit he regularly gets. This place is a cesspit because our fans are idiots who value image over players actually working for each other and winning their individual battles on the football pitch

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Pretty much what JPRouve said, Pogba is quite fast when he gets going, but he turns rather slow. Which is unsurprising considering his big frame, but that's why players like Matic do those feints and dummies to get past players. I always thought Pogba dribbling was more about tricks than close control. It's much more effective when he's up the pitch when the opposition is scared to foul him, but not so effective in midfield where he gets simply pushed off the ball.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pretty much what JPRouve said, Pogba is quite fast when he gets going, but he turns rather slow. Which is unsurprising considering his big frame, but that's why players like Matic do those feints and dummies to get past players. I always thought Pogba dribbling was more about tricks than close control. It's much more effective when he's up the pitch when the opposition is scared to foul him, but not so effective in midfield where he gets simply pushed off the ball.
He has terrible balance.
It is crazy how in some sequences he can look as marvelous as he can look like a donkey.

AFC NimbleThumb

Its a cesspit because we can’t have a decent honest conversations about people’s favourite footballers. Fred would have done miles better than Pogba today. Miles and look at the amount of shit he regularly gets. This place is a cesspit because our fans are idiots who value image over players actually working for each other and winning their individual battles on the football pitch
We can have an honest conversation though. After the sh*t show that was Demerai Gray saying Fred ‘would have done miles better’ is nonsensical.

Neither are suitable but people want to be right & prove others wrong so that’s a conversation this place isn’t ready for. From a personal perspective, I’ve always accepted Pogba likely isn’t the answer but Fred certainly isn’t either. Fred is a terrible player to champion. Pogba was no worse today than Fred was versus Everton, both performances were crap.

AFC NimbleThumb

Dan James is your focus of that post?

Clearly obvious that the lack of workrate in our front 6 is a problem.
The lack of work rate is indeed a problem. ‘giving up on Dan James’ isn’t a problem. The issue with this place is when we lose, the qualities others that are not in the team suddenly get elevated with no acknowledgement of their weaknesses.

Our Front 6 certainly need to work harder but that’s not a result of giving up on Dan James, he’s a limited player that runs a lot. . . abit like McTominay & Fred who because Pogba played badly today people forget the dross they regularly turn out because they’d run around more.

The answer to this teams ails doesn’t exist in the club, at coaching & playing level.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we should just let him go. I have had enough of the soap opera. We will still be having it in three years time if he signs a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.