Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

Get rid, that's an awful attitude for a player. Even if he is departing he should have higher standards of professionalism.

We pushed for academy kids but right now it's looking they're one of the primary causes of our bad attitude. No one can thrive whilst these lot are around.

Revaulx

A Manchester United players house is robbed & multiple posters instead of doing the usual ‘hope everyone’s alright’ want to criticise him for a lack of security we have no clue about. It’s a ‘twatty’ take to make in the immediate aftermath of the situation
Indeed it is.
& I didn’t see anybody making the same point with Lindelof.
The twatty posts in the Lindelöf thread were every bit as bad, and more numerous. Not so much about security, but him being a soft arse for wanting to look after his family unlike the glorious Manchester City hero Cancelo, who got beaten up by burglars.

It’s a real shame that posters can’t make reasonable points in defence of players who get idiotically criticised, without resorting to iffy comparisons with other players in vaguely similar situations.

Bwuk

He'll go on and win trophies wherever he goes, and we'll continue to be mediocre and blame him for not winning anything with us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Like him or not, I think his comments are completely fair. It's not even so much a Ralf thing but this season he's played in numerous positions, with different players and in different tactical set ups. Even if some thought I was part of the problem I'd be fed of playing for United, winning feck all and not getting anywhere near close to major honours. I think there's a good chance he might leave and take more money than what's on offer at United.

Assuming they want him, pinning his hopes on Ten Hag or Poch to make United challenge again seems like a risky move compared to moving to PSG or even Madrid or Juve on a lower wage.
The reason Paul Pogba has been asked to play so many different positions is Paul Pogba. The fact hasn’t nailed down a consistent position in the team after 5 years is a terrible reflection on his own inconsistency and inability to meet all the requirements expected of a player in the positions he’s played.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He'll end up at somewhere like Madrid or PSG. He's going to win trophies.
The funny thing is that poster is too blinkered to realise that Pogba has won trophies everywhere he’s played. League titles, cups and world cups. We have very few players capable of playing in great sides. Pogba is one of the very few.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's good friends with Neymar so I can see him going to PSG. Not sure anybody else will take him right now anyway.

Madrid are no fools and won't give him 400k. PSG will be happy to add him to their star studded lineup and the pace of Ligue 1 will suit him.

OmarUnited4ever

No. If you lose and are smiling after a game that is a very bad sign.
I couldn't care less about smiling or crying after FT, if the player's performance was shit when the game ends, then that performance was shit regardless of how the player is acting after FT, be it crying or laughing and smiling.

Would you forgive Pogba's shit performance if he was crying after a loss?

GlasgowCeltic

It's bizarre how nuanced and microscopic your defence of Rashford is on this forum, and then you make such flippant comments about Pogba when a quote comes out about him suffering with depression.
Absolute joke that guy is but I do enjoy his “what have you done in your life to be criticising x player” rambling retorts. Fair play to “NouCamp99” on having presumably won the World Cup

Nickelodeon

So the shenanigans have well and truly begun. He can feck off wherever he wants to go to.

Yes, he might win trophies at another club especially if he joins a PSG (even Herrera has won titles there). But he will never be the key player over a consistent period. I'm sure of that.

Red_toad

I couldn't care less about smiling or crying after FT, if the player's performance was shit when the game ends, then that performance was shit regardless of how the player is acting after FT, be it crying or laughing and smiling.

Would you forgive Pogba's shit performance if he was crying after a loss?
Rooney's quote about him and Jesse dancing in the dressing room after a defeat shows why the club aren't on a good trajectory. We really need some bad losers in the squad, who'd stop crap like that. If fans aren't going home happy, the players should reflect the same issues.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Barca are doing that as well right now.
I just don't see PSG having the chance to get someone from France like Pogba in their team (on a free aswell) and not doing so.

CDM
Verrati - Pogba
Messi - Mbappe - Neymar
Seems like the team they would try build up with their money (minus Mbappe, with Di Maria to RW maybe) and then try convince everyone that they can win the CL with a brand new manager too.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He epitomizes the ultimate high-risk/high-reward strategy of bringing a world-class but opinionated player in to a failing environment.

In a parallel universe somewhere he was utilized correctly and pushed to maximise his efforts consistently, helping pull United up a level to the point they're consistently competing for trophies again.

Unfortunately in this one, neither of those things happen and he's arguably caused more harm than good in his 2nd spell at the club with his disruptive influence and probable zero return on investment.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Does anyone really care?

Even the smug face and the comment to Mbappe about 'how are things in your club?' got me pissed off. It is obvious the two have been talking / messaging and slagging off both United and PSG.

The Original

Does anyone really care?

Even the smug face and the comment to Mbappe about 'how are things in your club?' got me pissed off. It is obvious the two have been talking / messaging and slagging off both United and PSG.
:lol: Even if that is true... it's par for the course that people bond over bitching about work

OmarUnited4ever

Rooney's quote about him and Jesse dancing in the dressing room after a defeat shows why the club aren't on a good trajectory. We really need some bad losers in the squad, who'd stop crap like that. If fans aren't going home happy, the players should reflect the same issues.

Yeah, Rooney, who celebrated his birthday after the 6-1 thrashing by city at OT, is the one to talk.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The reason Paul Pogba has been asked to play so many different positions is Paul Pogba. The fact hasn’t nailed down a consistent position in the team after 5 years is a terrible reflection on his own inconsistency and inability to meet all the requirements expected of a player in the positions he’s played.
Yes and no. He certainly should have done better at times and isn't blameless. But in the six years that he's now been here, there was only one period of a couple of months where he played in the more attacking position in a well balanced three-man midfield. That short period when Ole took over and we played Matic-Herrera-Pogba. That's the position that (IMO at least) it's fairly obvious that he should be playing, a similar set-up to what he played in at Juventus, and that was the only time in the entire six years that we actually used it. He was arguably the best performing player in the world for one of those months, and overall that combination almost certainly had the best results any of our midfield combinations have had since Fergie left, with 17 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

Like I said, he's not blameless. But the managers and club certainly aren't blameless either, as they never seemed interested in actually building a properly balanced midfield.

AFC NimbleThumb

Indeed it is.

The twatty posts in the Lindelöf thread were every bit as bad, and more numerous. Not so much about security, but him being a soft arse for wanting to look after his family unlike the glorious Manchester City hero Cancelo, who got beaten up by burglars.

It’s a real shame that posters can’t make reasonable points in defence of players who get idiotically criticised, without resorting to iffy comparisons with other players in vaguely similar situations.
All that to say posters weren’t blaming Lindelof for his own break in. Is claiming Lindelof should have played a ‘twatty’ response? Well yes. Is that every bit as bad as blaming Pogba for his burglary? I’d say no but apparently these cases are ‘iffy comparisons’ & ‘vaguely similar’ to you which I’d say is the real shame for comprehension.

I don’t look at either as placing on a totem pole, asking Lindelof to play after that is crass & in the immediacy of a break in to blame the victim is also distasteful. Neither should be blamed, I just happened to see the one that was although maybe Lindelof faced similar criticism.

Fridge chutney

If Ten Hag joins United, sees Pogba as integral to his system, and convinces him to stay, i'd be happy. Pogba is a delightful player in the right system.

Giggsy13

I wonder who the two PL clubs are who have made inquires for Pogba. I would think one has to be Newcastle, the other possibly Chelsea. I don't see him fitting in at city or liverpool.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If Ten Hag joins United, sees Pogba as integral to his system, and convinces him to stay, i'd be happy. Pogba is a delightful player in the right system.
I would have agreed a season or two ago, but I'm very worried about his apparent physical decline. Maybe he's just taking longer that expected to recover from Covid and he will get back eventually, but even without that he's been getting injured so much the last couple of years.

I wonder who the two PL clubs are who have made inquires for Pogba. I would think one has to be Newcastle, the other possibly Chelsea. I don't see him fitting in at city or liverpool.
Yeah, those are the only two that make any kind of sense to me. Unless an upcoming club with fairly rich owners like Aston Villa or West Ham just touched base on the slight chance that he wants to stay in England.

Zen86

Two PL clubs in touch :lol:

Who in the PL would honestly be daft and rich enough to go near him besides Newcastle??

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I just don't see PSG having the chance to get someone from France like Pogba in their team (on a free aswell) and not doing so.

CDM
Verrati - Pogba
Messi - Mbappe - Neymar
Seems like the team they would try build up with their money (minus Mbappe, with Di Maria to RW maybe) and then try convince everyone that they can win the CL with a brand new manager too.
That left back would be putting out more fires than a California firefighter in the summer if the left side is Neymar and Pogba. :lol:

goptun

The funny thing is that poster is too blinkered to realise that Pogba has won trophies everywhere he’s played. League titles, cups and world cups. We have very few players capable of playing in great sides. Pogba is one of the very few.
He had the chance to help us win the EL a couple of years ago. He also had the chance to help us win the FA Cup in the final against Chelsea in 2018. Both times he failed to step up.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah, Rooney, who celebrated his birthday after the 6-1 thrashing by city at OT, is the one to talk.
Yeah, our captain, our best goal scorer in history, the one who played 4 or 5 different positions and never complained because of it, the one who played for this club nearly whole his career and won dozen trophies with this club.
THAT Wayne Rooney can talk what he wants.

The Urban Goose

Newcastle and Spurs are my guess. He's a very Spursy player.

The Original

I worry for a lot of people on this site. With Pogba going, lots of people will suddenly be out of a hobby -- said hobby being finding new reasons to hate the chap

OmarUnited4ever

Yeah, our captain, our best goal scorer in history, the one who played 4 or 5 different positions and never complained because of it, the one who played for this club nearly whole his career and won dozen trophies with this club.
THAT Wayne Rooney can talk what he wants.
Yes, that Rooney, the one induced into a the PL's Hall of Fame, he was a heavy drinker, cheated on his pregnant wife and other crazy stuff he did.

But guess what, me as fan, I didn't care about his off the pitch antics, what I cared about was his performances on the pitch, he had countless supreme performances, that made him a great player.

Performances on the pitch are what matters the most, the rest is meaningless noise that I don't care about

Red_toad

What's the time limit to not smile and laugh after a loss?

2hrs?

6hrs?

a day?
If I were managing players who came off a pitch and had a dance off after a defeat I'd be having a word. You think it's fine, then that's on you.
We're talking about directly after a game ended, after they go home, who gives a toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.