Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogman

I spent ages defending him at the start when he was being accused of being a show pony but his talent and occasional brilliance was obvious.
Overall he has teased us far more than he ever gave us.
People are assuming he is faking injury mainly because he reached for the chicken switch and got himself sent off in 0-5 Liverpool match.

AFC NimbleThumb

Pogba fan boys aren't happy tonight because look who has been right all along.....yes that would be me.

Told you all long ago that he's a talented lad but he's not got more flaws to his game than just about any 'top' player ever has had.

Souness was a great midfielder. One of the best ever in English football history and he's had his card marked all along.

He's a fraud and a flop. He's got no guts or balls
It’s not Pogba specific though you clown. He’s leaving, move on.

The post is about people like yourself who state something that they can’t quantify then go post for post about their opinion which is based on nothing.

Let’s say Pogba is a fraud, let’s say he’s a flop. Let’s say ‘Pogba fans’ aren’t happy tonight. Let’s say you were right all along. What does any of that have to do with what I actually posted about, which is the fact other than your rather clear biases against him do you have as proof he faked an injury? No.

Your reply proved the point perfectly. ‘I told you all long ago’, from the guy that claims people are faking injuries based on thin air. You’re the exact reason this fanbase is a laughing stock. The guy played 5 minutes tonight & you’re more upset about his existence than Maguire. Carry on supporting the players you chose to like them vilify the ones you don’t but don’t pretend to do so in the name of the club, you’re a joke.

[Cue more Pogba slander that’s irrelevant to the point at hand.]

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

The post is about people like yourself who state something that they can’t quantify then go post for post about their opinion which is based on nothing.

Let’s say Pogba is a fraud, let’s say he’s a flop. Let’s say ‘Pogba fans’ aren’t happy tonight. Let’s say you were right all along. What does any of that have to do with what I actually posted about, which is the fact other than your rather clear biases against him do you have as proof he faked an injury? No.

Your reply proved the point perfectly. ‘I told you all long ago’, from the guy that claims people are faking injuries based on thin air. You’re the exact reason this fanbase is a laughing stock. The guy played 5 minutes tonight & you’re more upset about his existence than Maguire. Carry on supporting the players you chose to like them vilify the ones you don’t but don’t pretend to do so in the name of the club, you’re a joke.

Slander or what it's better known as being bang on the money with a very accurate description of said footballer.

I got called out by a lot of people on Pogba and look at all the comments now. People have woken up except his fanboys who will go down with the ship rather than except the truth staring them straight in the face.

He's leaving as a midfielder who didn't even match Nicky Butt's contribution to the club let alone truly great players.

Souness was right all along about him. People just didn't want to listen to a former scouser.

AFC NimbleThumb

Slander or what it's better known as being bang on the money with a very accurate description of said footballer.

I got called out by a lot of people on Pogba and look at all the comments now. People have woken up except his fanboys who will go down with the ship rather than except the truth staring them straight in the face.

He's leaving as a midfielder who didn't even match Nicky Butt's contribution to the club let alone truly great players.

Souness was right all along about him. People just didn't want to listen to a former scouser.
Great read. Back to the crux of my initial reply though, why are you getting into back & forths about his injury when you’ve no proof he feigned it?

You’ve not addressed that i. multiple replies. Again another example of why this fanbase is so tiresome.

E-mal

Him leaving in the summer will feel like a new signing, almost cathartic!

Marcus

Coward. Just like how he got a red seconds after coming on as a sub against Liverpool before.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Never have I disliked a United player more. Hell let alone United players, there are hardly any football players I dislike or have disliked more than him.
Six years too late, but hopefully he finally leaves in a few weeks.

AFC NimbleThumb

Him leaving in the summer will feel like a new signing, almost cathartic!
I get the point you’re trying to make but it won’t. Pogba going is good, he’s underwhelmed but the theory him leaving will benefit the his team just doesn’t correlate.

Him going, along with others this Summer, means nothing if we don’t capitalise on the incomings. Pogba goes & we still have the mighty McFred in situ. It’s somewhat similar to dropping Maguire when your alternative is the ghost of Phil Jones.

No single move will make that much difference unfortunately as the squad is rotten.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Can't believe people still say he's world class and would be the main man in another team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope it's his last game for the club, for both us and him. Nothing against him, we used him incorrectly for most of his time here and never built a team that suits him, but he also half assed it the whole time. A transfer that neither party should ever have made.

bucky

Hope it's his last game for the club, for both us and him. Nothing against him, we used him incorrectly for most of his time here and never built a team that suits him, but he also half assed it the whole time. A transfer that neither party should ever have made.
Pretty much this.

RedDevilQuebecois

The way he came off out of basically nothing, it was blatant desertion and/or dereliction of duty. Apologies for the use of military terms, but it is what it is.

AshRK

I am curious which stupid club pays him 500k. I have said it all along, he produces world class moments but is not a world class player. Even for France he is the same, just that they have better players to cover his flaws. Inconsistent and a player we should just let go.

RedDevil250

That contract better be off the table
If we re-sign him I'll immediately lose all hope in Ten Hag. We are being told he will have a ton of control over transfers and player personnel decisions, so I'd assume he was OK with Pogba staying if he does stay. Either that or the owners demand he stays which is just as bad. Either way, we're fecked if Pogba stays.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Probably his best game against Liverpool. No penalty conceded, no red card. Not even yellow card.

His injury record is shit, this is his 6th season and he was injury free for couple of seasons only.

Anyways good luck at wherever he ends up. For various reasons the move didn't work to match the expectations.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No Rangnick said we have too many injuries and we have to look at why.

He didn't say the entire squad is unfit and conclude it's the clubs fault we have injuries. They're your words.

We have some fit players. We also have players who rarely get injured.

The outlier here is McTominay. He's the only one I'd say is blatantly in good shape but seemingly injury prone. It happens.

The players, like Pogba, who get injured on a regualar basis I'm not one bit surprised about. I'd be more surprised to see guys like Shaw and Pogba play 40- 50 games a season. They're visibly not right for the positions they play.
He has been saying we lack intensity, physicality and aggression all season and he abandoned his pressing very early. Yes he had been saying we are not fit enough all season.

Also regarding injuries he specifically said that Liverpool, City and Chelsea do not because they are doing something different. He is clearly blaming the club

JP77

One of the biggest disappointments I’ve seen in a United shirt. The buzz when we signed him to return to the club was great. I honestly thought he had the tools at the time to come in and dominate midfields in the Premier League. I think his time with us has showed us he’s not capable of doing that.

Can be a very good player when you put him alongside the likes of Pirlo and Vidal who at the time we’re arguably the two best midfielders in the world, it have him loads of freedom. Even though he’s not outstanding for France it’s no surprise he looks a bit better there surrounded by world class players. But that’s the exact point, to get the best out of him you need that around him. He’s not a leader or a player that can lead your team, dominate consistently and carry the work load on his back.

He’s capable of great games because he’s clearly talented but it’s absolutely obvious by now that he doesn’t have the heart, fight, attitude or right personality to be one of the absolute best or be the right type of player for a club like ours. Last night was the nail in the coffin. 1-0 with everybody knowing we were in for a drubbing and he quits on the team with no fight or heart what so ever. That’s something that separates good players and great players. I’m sure if he goes to Madrid alongside brilliant players like Modric that he will have some good/great games, he’s far from a bad player but it’s honestly disappointing to see a player like this with so much potential never being able tk reach that next level and I’m convinced it’s got nothing to do with talent.

ash_86

I'd never know how every single of our transfer business was this bad. Usually clubs get ~20-30 % of their transfers wrong, but ours seems to run into the eighties.

LoneStar

Was he booed when he went off? I think the commentators mentioned something about it, but not sure.

Think we might have seen the last of him. Good riddance.

AngliaRed

Award for the most sensible thing on here tonight goes too…

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't know if he feigned injury or not, but he shouldn't see another minute for the remainder of the season honestly.

AngliaRed

One of the biggest disappointments I’ve seen in a United shirt. The buzz when we signed him to return to the club was great. I honestly thought he had the tools at the time to come in and dominate midfields in the Premier League. I think his time with us has showed us he’s not capable of doing that.

Can be a very good player when you put him alongside the likes of Pirlo and Vidal who at the time we’re arguably the two best midfielders in the world, it have him loads of freedom. Even though he’s not outstanding for France it’s no surprise he looks a bit better there surrounded by world class players. But that’s the exact point, to get the best out of him you need that around him. He’s not a leader or a player that can lead your team, dominate consistently and carry the work load on his back.

He’s capable of great games because he’s clearly talented but it’s absolutely obvious by now that he doesn’t have the heart, fight, attitude or right personality to be one of the absolute best or be the right type of player for a club like ours. Last night was the nail in the coffin. 1-0 with everybody knowing we were in for a drubbing and he quits on the team with no fight or heart what so ever. That’s something that separates good players and great players. I’m sure if he goes to Madrid alongside brilliant players like Modric that he will have some good/great games, he’s far from a bad player but it’s honestly disappointing to see a player like this with so much potential never being able tk reach that next level and I’m convinced it’s got nothing to do with talent.
Perfectly summed up.

Renegade

Why don’t the club take the offer away from the table. It’s so embarrassing watching him stalling whilst a huge number contract is on the table for a year.

inform him the offer has been withdrawn.and announce publicly he won’t be renewing this season.
Take the power back ffs.

Bondi77

We were probably better off him coming off anyway as when he is not allowed time on the ball he coughs up possession and it would have been a bigger feeding frenzy than it actually was.
He will only be good in a league where he gets time on the ball and I am glad to see him wander off to his next destination.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't care how talented he is or whatever, he simply is a mental midget. At this point I don't care anymore just don't want to see him in an United shirt ever again.

Banana Republic

……Can be a very good player when you put him alongside the likes of Pirlo and Vidal who at the time we’re arguably the two best midfielders in the world, it have him loads of freedom. Even though he’s not outstanding for France it’s no surprise he looks a bit better there surrounded by world class players. …….
Exactly.
But importantly, he came onto the scene at Juventus as a kid.
He was 19 yrs old when he went there and broke into the 1st team and he left aged 23.
He impressed as a bright young talent, an extra, in a strong and powerful team, stacked with top and WC players.
He was never the main man, or a key component of that squad.
Most of his senior career is what we’ve seen over his 6 seasons at Utd.
The Utd version of Pogba is the real Pogba.

We spent a record £90m for potential, which has ended up costing us something in the region of £170m - £180m for what turned out to be smoke and mirrors.

E-mal

So Mourinho was right about the virus after all? :lol:
So true, I have to apologise to Jose, he has his faults, but Pogba being a virus wasnt one of them.
The guy just doesnt care, has no pride and completely disrespected our club at every opportunity.

beer&grill

He was right all along. No wonder serious guys like Ibrahimovic, Terry, Inter players who’ve won the UCL all loved him and only snowflakes like Pogba and Shaw made a fuss about his “toxic” behaviour.

GL21

Ok my guess is niggle which he would have shook off if playing for France. Either way feigned or not I hope his vagina heals up quick so he's available for medicals

Classical Mechanic

He's in the position where an injury could kibosh his next move and has serious financial implications for him. As Keane mentioned before the game you're just not going to get full commitment from him. I don't think he would've played if McT and Fred were fit.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Watch from 2.20 where the interviewer asks if the players are trying hard enough, Rangnick doesn't even attempt to deny it. That's about as revealing as it gets, plus it confirms what many of us think about this team and Pogba in particular.
This has nothing to do with Pogba in particular

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
A guy despised by fans, never cared for the club despite coming back from a World Cup to play the opening game of the season with a weeks pre season, Cavani take note. Helping new players fit in (Bruno etc) and giving more time for the academy and foundation than others.

He should absolutely leave in the summer. He’s 29 and injury prone with question marks about his stamina. Would make no sense to re sign him.

That doesn’t change the fact that injuries aside he’s been one of our best players every season he’s played. He’s constantly had his performances downtrodden and contributions dismissed. There is huge negative regard around him. Which to be fair at this point I get. He’s clearly leaving so why are we playing him? (because he will play. He’s always been willing to play, unlike some other much lauded players)

To question his injury? Well that’s just par for the course. It sums up the irrational hatred and why I say good luck to him leaving on a free. He deserves that.

Our fans have no credibility when it comes to accusing Pogba of faking injury. There’s massive form there already. The poor fecker had to video himself pre and post op to prove he was injured. He came back early twice and was accused of faking that. Our fans were categoric on it...faking it. No intention of ever playing for us again. Ole was lying to protect him. Yet drama queens aside, he came back from injury and played again. Played very well. Got injured again. Rinse and repeat.

He got played a hospital pass in the first Liverpool game by Bruno, a pathetically typical sloppy Bruno pass....put a tackle in on the Scousers. Hit one of them hard....heroes welcome for someone actually getting a foot in on them (like Gerrard on Herrera or Keane McT etc would’ve got or any other player?) No our fans conclude he deliberately got himself sent off :lol: . They are serious too. There’s loads of them honestly believe it.

There’s too many absolutely obsessed with Pogba. You see it every thread regardless of performance.

It’s a shame we are so poor and have so many injuries. At this point the relationship is just toxic. Nobody is gaining anything. Booing him when he plays is the most ridiculous support.

Be nice to move on. ETH will hopefully transform the team in a way sadly no player is capable of. 8-10 new players needed. Perhaps only the likes of Varane, Sancho and Degea will be around in a few years and we will be a great side again and everyone can realise....it wasn’t all the fault of one player.

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
I know football is a crazy sport but who the hell is going to match MUFC‘s contract offer for Pogba? I would tear up that offer very quickly!

Marwood

So true, I have to apologise to Jose, he has his faults, but Pogba being a virus wasnt one of them.
The guy just doesnt care, has no pride and completely disrespected our club at every opportunity.
He was right all along. No wonder serious guys like Ibrahimovic, Terry, Inter players who’ve won the UCL all loved him and only snowflakes like Pogba and Shaw made a fuss about his “toxic” behaviour.
I think you guys need to remind yourselves who was the manager when Pogba signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.