Paul Pogba appreciation thread

Xeno

I think he's our best player and we'd be mad to not try and keep him but, strangely, if he left I wouldn't be overly devastated tbh. Hope we keep him though, he's brilliant and could be the backbone of a very, very good United side if the right reinforcements are bought in.
Exactly as I see it. We should be making him our top earner right now, but likewise, if he left on a free I'd be ambivalent!

lost7

I just love when he does those sharp turns and the opposition players can only foul him to stop him. I think he got two players (Dalot was one of them) booked with the same type of skill

Xeno

1000%

technical ability is something we sorely lack. The difference when Pogba came on was enormous.
He's not just technically good though; that combination of technical ability and incredible strength is so rare. There's loads of great technical players about (me) but I'm not 6ft 3 with incredible power, stamina and vision!

I reckon he’ll sign a new contract
Based on what? I hope he does, but why? He has all the negotiating power.

RedDevilzFox

Great player in the right system and when he is motivated, not irreplaceable like some think. No one is except players like Messi and CR7.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Makes me wonder, if Pogba wasn’t injured maybe we would still be in title race?

Water Melon

Top performance from his. When he is arsed, he is brilliant.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is such a brilliant player, he completely changed the game. His linked up so well and had unreal composure in every moment. Whole team sort of relaxed when he came on.

Also you can see how popular he is, that was always obvious anyways.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Best player in the world after a good game, the complete opposite after a bad one. Welcome back, Pogba!

Suedesi

Pogba was toying with them, Milan just could not handle him. Serie A is made for him, he'd be the best player in the league. Give him time and space his pure class shines through, problem is you don't get that week in week out in the PL.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We've missed him. Hopefully we end the season well and he plays his part. I still hope he signs on, there is potential in this team and losing him would be a step back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pogba was toying with them, Milan just could not handle him. Serie A is made for him, he'd be the best player in the league. Give him time and space his pure class shines through, problem is you don't get that week in week out in the PL.
Weird comment when we spent the first half struggling with their high energy levels, physicality and relentless pressing. Pogba didn’t change the game because he was able to exploit the time and space AC Milan had been giving us, he changed the game because he was able to deal with their pressure on the ball, able to both carry it and pick passes under pressure while also more than a match physically.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Weird comment when we spent the first half struggling with their high energy levels, physicality and relentless pressing. Pogba didn’t change the game because he was able to exploit the time and space AC Milan had been giving us, he changed the game because he was able to deal with their pressure on the ball, able to both carry it and pick passes under pressure while also more than a match physically.
Couldn't have said it better. Pogba showed he is more than good enough for the PL, several times before. Some just quickly forget

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair our league title winning form disappeared since Pogba got injured. He was vital in those period, scored lot of important goals and played like a world class.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, big difference was McTominay, Fred lacked control and also physical strength. They also lacked awareness of what's around them. Pogba had so much time as he scanned around him before receiving the ball and played passes quickly when he had multiple players around him, he also had very good balance to hold their players.

united for life

Firstly, this is a thread to appreciate Paul Pogba, so if you’re one of those who spout the bile that he receives in his performance thread, then with all due respect, don’t infect this one.

Now, to the main point, how good is this guy? He has everything a midfielder needs. Passing, shooting, dribbling, aerial prowess, vision, and this season has shown excellent work rate too. Simply world class :drool:

Seriously, we really need to keep this guy and get a new DM. His quality alone will be invaluable if we are to push for the title next season.
i hope this is what ends up happening. He seems happy, good relationship with Ole and the team around him. With a proper DM next to him (same as for france), he wouldn’t need to drop back.

he’s been quality, not sure about the hair though, but he’s done well ever after the famous raiola thing

Longshanks

Hes been good when he has played recently, good when he came on today lets hope he can produce his best to gives us a boost for the run in.

Iv questioned his attitude and mentality in the past and i still have my doubts but if he keeps his form up then I might soon forget about my doubts.

Suedesi

Pogba was able to break their press with ease - through ball manipulation and strength, they just couldn't live with him I already explained that. But Milan players were knackered they def played for 0:0 - the goal killed them and they couldn't sustain pressing or attacking. Their press in the second half was poor, beat the first player and we had acres of space.

Valencia Shin Crosses

When he’s been healthy he’s been our best player this season imo. Bruno has all of the stats but his consistency in performance has left a lot to be desired at times.

It also shows fans just how bad McFred are in controlling a game and distributing the ball. It’s a shocking difference in quality

Polar

Great to have him back. He has much needed quality and skills I’ve missed the last couple of months.

Apokalips

We desperately need more technical players like him.
Exactly this. I have always said we need to buy more and more players of his ilk to supplement him, selling a player of his ability is a backwards step. I am so glad to have him and Bruno in the side and we need more players of that level of ability to play alongside them and elevate us to the next level.

laughtersassassin

Pogba is fantastic. Our best midfielder by far.we can't afford to lose him. (Not counting Bruno as he plays 10 for us)
Who would come in? Saul? Even that would be a sideways step at best. We need to be improving not going backwards.

With Lingard inevitably going to West Ham it really seems so obvious.

Like how good this look:
Bruno Rice Pogba

Compare it to:
McT Fred Bruno

It's night and day. And the beauty of Rice is he is so much Better defensively than Fred and McTominay than Pogba should be able to go forward more.

DM over CB for me. No brainer. We will definitely regret buying a CB over a DM when a few weeks into the season McFred is our starting pair

Last edited:

spiriticon

He still is our best central midfielder on a good day.

Just got the ability and vision to do things that others can't.

Lelouch geass

Is he the best dribbler of the squad? I think so in my view. Though he has stopped making tackles and interceptions like he used to do.

RashyForPM

Nah we still haven’t had good enough form from our goal scorers this year to win the title. We also are a bit too leaky at the back but that’s been miles better recently
Pogba got injured when we were 6 points off, we started that awful run of draws, and after winning a few games before his return, we’re playing like how we did when he got to the top of the league in the first place back in November-January now that he’s back. City have been extremely consistent, but you’d think we might still be in with a shout had he been fit. Possibly an extra 4 points (Everton, Palace).

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If he stays I feel like, with the right additions we could seriously challenge for the title next year. If he goes I can see us scrapping for the top 4 again as I've got no faith in the club putting up the funds to replace him with enough quality.

IncyWincySpider

If he stays I feel like, with the right additions we could seriously challenge for the title next year. If he goes I can see us scrapping for the top 4 again as I've got no faith in the club putting up the funds to replace him with enough quality.
Yes, if Pogba goes and we don't replace him with a real quality CM signing, next season will be pretty frustrating, I think.

Craig Ward

Still the most divided player at the club.

Fact is - he hasn't lived up to his hype and only shown glimpses that he can be a CONSISTENTLY good player.

Fact is - he plays in central midfield and lacks the basics to be trusted there. He's letting runners go, he's not working hard enough, he gives the ball away in dangerous areas. We've played him left in a midfield 3, in a double pivot and further up and despite his obvious talent - he's always a risk playing centrally because he doesn't seem able to do the basics.

He's better further forward with limited defensive responsibility, but we haven't really played him there much.

He isn't all that - yes he can have a moment of magic. But is 1 moment of magic worth having to play another DM alongside him cos he cant be trusted to do the role properly? Is one trick or flick worth letting our defensive get overloaded cos he cant defend? Eye catching moments are great, as long as they are done in the right area of the pitch with little risk of losing the ball in a dangerous area.

He's easily replaced in our squad to be honest. I hope he goes soon with little fuss - the Pogba debate is beyond pointless and silly now - we will be waiting for years for him to come good. It hasnt worked. He's a selling clubs dream cos of his hype. Get rid and move on

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still the most divided player at the club.

Fact is - he hasn't lived up to his hype and only shown glimpses that he can be a CONSISTENTLY good player.

Fact is - he plays in central midfield and lacks the basics to be trusted there. He's letting runners go, he's not working hard enough, he gives the ball away in dangerous areas. We've played him left in a midfield 3, in a double pivot and further up and despite his obvious talent - he's always a risk playing centrally because he doesn't seem able to do the basics.

He's better further forward with limited defensive responsibility, but we haven't really played him there much.

He isn't all that - yes he can have a moment of magic. But is 1 moment of magic worth having to play another DM alongside him cos he cant be trusted to do the role properly? Is one trick or flick worth letting our defensive get overloaded cos he cant defend? Eye catching moments are great, as long as they are done in the right area of the pitch with little risk of losing the ball in a dangerous area.

He's easily replaced in our squad to be honest. I hope he goes soon with little fuss - the Pogba debate is beyond pointless and silly now - we will be waiting for years for him to come good. It hasnt worked. He's a selling clubs dream cos of his hype. Get rid and move on
While you are ‘waiting for years for him to come good’, you have seemingly completely missed the ‘fact’ that he has. Or is he playing poorly or something?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I flip flop on him so often, right now Im in the Really need to keep him camp. He was majestic on sunday, and has been very good this calendar year, Long may it continue

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Makes me wonder, if Pogba wasn’t injured maybe we would still be in title race?
This season has come down to fine margins. We’ve lost the same amount of games as City, but have drawn 4 more. The ‘what ifs’ have come down to the most trivial details now.

I’d argue that if Axel Tuanzebe never stepped on to a PL pitch for us this season, we’d be right in the title race. That’s how fine the lines have been.