Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Smudge

With regards to Pogba, he suffers an ankle / foot injury, plays 40 plus minutes and then ( Club statement "Feels not right to play " ), then is allowed to travel and play in a charity game, then news released that he has a ankle problem which may or may not require surgery but at least looking at a 4 week lay off.
Question 1 : When did the latest ankle problem occur or is it a continuation of the original injury. 2. If it was the reason why he did not feel right to play i.e., Burnley way was he allowed to play in a Charity game. 3. Did the injury occur as a result of the Charity game. 4. Is Pogba / agent working the ticket to leave sooner than later and is the club also providing a smoke screen i.e., injury problems, in order to maintain shirt sales, share value or season ticket sales for next season.
I am not expecting answers to these questions, but I would question the club's medical team in injury assessments, in the case of Pogba and Mctominay where the initial prognosis of the injury and recovery time was way off the mark.
Think he was only on the sidelines for the charity game and did not actually play.

Come the Euros in the summer he will be fit and firing there is no doubt about that.

Hoof the ball

Like Sir Alex used to do, you just have to try and manage with these things, maybe play a few players in there who can 'do a job'. Axel or Jones in the midfield or Lindelof. Aside from the midfield our injuries really aren't bad at the moment.
This is the moment for Garner to get some minutes. If something happens to Fred, Garner ought to get those minutes. If he opts for Jones, or a non-CM in midfield over Garner I will be mightily unimpressed.

DoomSlayer

This is the moment for Garner to get some minutes. If something happens to Fred, Garner ought to get those minutes. If he opts for Jones, or a non-CM in midfield over Garner I will be mightily unimpressed.
We might as well play Garner and Levitt next to Fred at this point, because the season is done and Matic is finished as a player at the top level.

CM

Why do you say that? In the current market, McT is a £55m-60m signing.
Because it speaks to the lack of depth of the squad. McTominay has come on well but this is his first proper season of first-team football - he was barely on the fringes a year ago.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Pogba is out for at least a month, seems like.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Was hoping Matic would be sold in January, instead he will be starting most (if not all) games the next months. The end result of incredible recruitment over several years by Woodward.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With regards to Pogba, he suffers an ankle / foot injury, plays 40 plus minutes and then ( Club statement "Feels not right to play " ), then is allowed to travel and play in a charity game, then news released that he has a ankle problem which may or may not require surgery but at least looking at a 4 week lay off.
Question 1 : When did the latest ankle problem occur or is it a continuation of the original injury. 2. If it was the reason why he did not feel right to play i.e., Burnley way was he allowed to play in a Charity game. 3. Did the injury occur as a result of the Charity game. 4. Is Pogba / agent working the ticket to leave sooner than later and is the club also providing a smoke screen i.e., injury problems, in order to maintain shirt sales, share value or season ticket sales for next season.
I am not expecting answers to these questions, but I would question the club's medical team in injury assessments, in the case of Pogba and Mctominay where the initial prognosis of the injury and recovery time was way off the mark.
Who told you that he played in a charity game? Has it been reported by anyone that he did? Because he didn't.

Jeffthered

Both being injured is a blow of course, but it highlights a few things. McTominay is a growing influence on the team, and is now more confident as a Prem player. He'll be missed, but, but.. probably will benefit from a rest. He's carried our midfield this season.

I'm my opinion, Pogba is managing his last season here. He wanted out last season and nothing has changed my mind. A shame, but also a reality.

crossy1686

career ending
Most predicted this would happen at the start of the season.

Solskjaer should make the board an ultimatum this month. If Woodward wants to save face then he’ll have to back him. Not backing him is the same as sacking him this month.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He didnt play, but he was certainly moving freely on the touchline without any kind of brace/cast or support
None of these mean something though, not everything requires a brace or support and we don't even know what the issue is. It could easily be pain after intensive activities. Doctors don't do what you are trying to do and I don't think that it's a good idea to even try.

Strelok

Pretty clear McT doesn’t want to play for us anymore. First a knock, then a few weeks, now a few months. Sick of the circus around him. GET OUT OF MY CLUB!!111 Bet he celebrated New Year last night too.
Are you nut ?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was hoping Matic would be sold in January, instead he will be starting most (if not all) games the next months. The end result of incredible recruitment over several years by Woodward.
He’ll end up getting an extension now. :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not that I expect it to happen, but I'd love to see Galbraith and/or Puigmal make the match day squads as a result.

RedNed77

We might as well play Garner and Levitt next to Fred at this point, because the season is done and Matic is finished as a player at the top level.
Pure speculation on my part, but I get the feeling Ole is reluctant to sign any midfield reinforcements as he thinks these two will be ready for next season. Unfortunately they’re not ready yet. I’m fine with that if they end up as good as the other academy products we’ve brought through like Williams, Greenwood and McTominay, but we should try and pick up a loaner or two to see us through to the end of the season.

RedIan

After watching his post match interviews it seems United are looking at “1 or 2” midfielders to buy in this window we have our 2 main midfield options injured (again) i will be mazes if we dont buy in January with the state of our squad.

Utdstar01

After watching his post match interviews it seems United are looking at “1 or 2” midfielders to buy in this window we have our 2 main midfield options injured (again) i will be mazes if we dont buy in January with the state of our squad.
We're only just looking at options. Not sure how we weren't before these injuries. Jokers.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Nothing against Fred and I always kept believing that he will become useful for us but that he suddenly became absolute key to our season after not having been on the bench for long spells tells you all you need to know.

Bestietom

Reasonably likely we go out of two cups this month, and fall behind in the league, yet we still won't sign anyone to fix the issues.
It would be pure crazy if we don't sign at least 2 players, ASAP.

Eric's Seagull

It would be pure crazy if we don't sign at least 2 players, ASAP.
Totally agree with you on this. We still have a chance of 4th and winning Europa League. As our squad is so thin if we suffer a few more injuries we will be fecked and may be lucky to qualify for Europa next season.

EireRed_GS

More bothered about Scott being out for longer than expected, a good little player who gives his all. Dont really care about Pog as i dont think he cares at all.

Luckily Fred picked the right time to step up to the plate.

Allas8

Fosu-Mensah turning 22 years old today, maybe he will be the answer to our midfield prayers.

MDFC Manager

Fosu-Mensah turning 22 years old today, maybe he will be the answer to our midfield prayers.
Not sure why people think he could even be a likely answer. He's a headless chicken, much better trusting someone like Garner there, than Fosu Mensah

laughtersassassin

The amount of people pretending Pogba played a charity game to fit there hate narrative.

He was MANAGING the charity game which would have no affect on his ankle more than him doing anything in Manchester on his day off.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fosu Mensah and Bailly are like new signings. They will solve all our problems. The two princes that were promised.

Nikelesh Reddy

We made a huge mistake by not signing a midfielder last summer,cause losing Pogba and Mctominay for a significant chunk of time could really derail our season.We have to try to bring someone in this month,even if it’s only on loan until the end of the season...If we are stuck with Fred,Matic and pereira for the next 7-8 games,then our season could go into a tailspin....

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Garner and Fosu Mensah need to step up now, until we get some work done in the market and find two quality midfielders. One pure destroyer and one playmaker type.

Eric's Seagull

Half of the Caf knew this before the season started. Instead of buying a CM or a right winger we got a marginal upgrade on Smalling for 80 mil.
Agree. It was crazy that we didn't recruit in midfield. But Woodward can hide behind the excuse that the right players are not available if he has no intention of signing players that are clearly needed in certain areas.