Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Gasolin

What I see in Pogba (and its not anything bad) is he is not a natural leader. He likes to be in limelight but can't bear the burden of entire team's success or failure revolving around him. He can be an important part but don't put an expectation of being THE part as if life and death depend on him.

Some people thrive under the burden of expectation, they love it. But some are not cut out for it. Pogba is latter.

I am pretty sure he will love football at united now that entire burden is shifted or at least shared by Bruno. He can be wonderful under a natural leader. Lets give a try.
Indeed, if Bruno is the natural leader, with Maguire leading also as captain, I think Pogba can then handle a more technical leadership role. And that's good for him. When lifted, he can do crazy passes and shots. If the whole team follows Bruno and Maguire, it will be more committed and Pogba will naturally have lots of options to pass too, and "wake up".

I cannot wait to see that. Maybe this is what Ole wanted to build.

Just see how Shaw defended against City, or how Martial threw his body against Ederson, or how Bruno and Martial celebrated. Same thing for Scott. I think that team has now resilience and the will to play together. There were even phases on the press when the whole front line waited for Bruno to come to start pressing together. Not alone, not some players, but altogether. This is the start of something for me.

IRELANDUNITED

Yeah, and I'm extremely happy to be wrong.

The Christmas period was bad for me on a personal level and we were going through some shit in the club at that time, so I had no hope left.

It's amazing how fast things can change. Not sure why you decided to specifically dig me out on this, but fair enough. :lol: The comment wasn't really well thought on my part.

I'm sorry, I didn't purposely dig your comment out. It's just that your comment is the first comment on this thread so I happened to see it :) You and me both are glad you were wrong about United :lol: and I hope things are better for you now not just with United but on a personal level as well :)

Craig Ward

Should be used as a sub initially, no point messing with a functioning team.
He shouldn't be used at all in my opinion.

Ole has been quite ruthless in terms of outgoings and shunning players who don't fit his long term vision.

He's loaned Smalling/Sanchez/Rojo, and neglected to play under-performing players; Lingard/Jones/Periera and even it seems left out Gomes and Chong due to not committed to contracts.

I see no reason why Ole should or would re-integrate a wantaway player at this point. Ole could make a real statement here, your either committed or your not. Simple

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
How is this being taken seriously. He has a right to leave, we also have a right to want to see him leave. I feel we are big enough as a club to not tolerate that behaviour and that Pogba does not provide enough to be granted that leeway. How is that life or death? I want him gone the same way everyone wants lingard gone, doesn't mean I hate the dude as a person.
Then I misunderstood the tone of your post and that's my mistake.
I want him sold only if we can get a big fee, if not I hope he signs an extension just to see many caftards lose their shit.

Edy2

He shouldn't be used at all in my opinion.

Ole has been quite ruthless in terms of outgoings and shunning players who don't fit his long term vision.

He's loaned Smalling/Sanchez/Rojo, and neglected to play under-performing players; Lingard/Jones/Periera and even it seems left out Gomes and Chong due to not committed to contracts.

I see no reason why Ole should or would re-integrate a wantaway player at this point. Ole could make a real statement here, your either committed or your not. Simple
Yeah but we need to qualify for the champions league next year and win the 2 cups we're still in so if he can input at all to that it will only benefit the club in the long run. He can then be sold in the summer more easily with potentially more suitors.

lex talionis

I stand erect at the thought of Pogba and Bruno wearing the same shirt on the pitch.

DoomSlayer

I'm sorry, I didn't purposely dig your comment out. It's just that your comment is the first comment on this thread so I happened to see it :) You and me both are glad you were wrong about United :lol: and I hope things are better for you now not just with United but on a personal level as well :)
Nah mate, no need to apologise, it's a good thing to be kept grounded and be reminded not to reply to threads with frustration in the mind. :lol: I was very pissed off at the time with these injuries and no positive news on any transfer activity, I'm just glad we look so much better right now and hopefully Pogba actually wants to be a part of this new team that is being built.

Thanks for your concerns as well, life is life, we all have to survive in this crazy world.

laughtersassassin

I see this too in a sense. He was most comfortable here when Zlatan was leading. At Juve and France, there are a lot of players with more responsibility. It's a bit too late for him in my opinion, but that may be a valid theory.
There are a lot of players with responsibility but your lying to yourself if you said he didn't lead them for the World cup.

He was literally the one doing their pre match talks, and he led by example on the pitch.

laughtersassassin

Anyway back available next week. Great for our hopes of CL assuming the EL and Prem get finished this season

tjb

Then I misunderstood the tone of your post and that's my mistake.
I want him sold only if we can get a big fee, if not I hope he signs an extension just to see many caftards lose their shit.
I'm warming up to the idea of it, but I'm worried he will do what he did before. Complain about where he is being play, throw tantrums and somehow the agent leaks start up again. For him to be useful now, would be for him to commit to us and the rebuild. I'm also slightly worried about the wages he may demand. He needs to equate this to his true value, which both he and his agent may be delusional about. De Gea at 300k does not look as good as it did two years ago, Pogba at 250k now doesn't seem worth it, talk less of what he may potentially demand.

When you look at it, all those circumstances look improbable, so the chances of him staying being truly beneficial to us in the long term seem bleak. After next season we will only have one window in which we can sell him, and the value we recieve will be much lower than anything we get now. If we consider his injury issues, the media circus and his agent added to the timeline, we may get half the value that we truly want then. Right now we will probably get him for around 80 to 85 percent of that value. Would it not be better to sell now for 100m than 50m at the end of next season or free the season after? These are all the risks we are taking with Pogba.

tjb

There are a lot of players with responsibility but your lying to yourself if you said he didn't lead them for the World cup.

He was literally the one doing their pre match talks, and he led by example on the pitch.
Pogba did not lead France to the world cup. That is the biggest lie that came out of that campaign followed by Luka Modric being the star of that competition. Because he made a speech at half time during the game means nothing to his actual effectiveness during that competition. Mbappe was their best player, followed by the defensive duo of Varane and Umtiti. Kante and his ability to win back the ball and protect the defence comes after those three, before we start talking about Pogba. He had his creative moments, but the other 4 were far more effective. That's like saying Sergio Busquets led spain to the world cup in 2010. Being part of a good team does not mean you led anything.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm warming up to the idea of it, but I'm worried he will do what he did before. Complain about where he is being play, throw tantrums and somehow the agent leaks start up again. For him to be useful now, would be for him to commit to us and the rebuild. I'm also slightly worried about the wages he may demand. He needs to equate this to his true value, which both he and his agent may be delusional about. De Gea at 300k does not look as good as it did two years ago, Pogba at 250k now doesn't seem worth it, talk less of what he may potentially demand.

When you look at it, all those circumstances look improbable, so the chances of him staying being truly beneficial to us in the long term seem bleak. After next season we will only have one window in which we can sell him, and the value we recieve will be much lower than anything we get now. If we consider his injury issues, the media circus and his agent added to the timeline, we may get half the value that we truly want then. Right now we will probably get him for around 80 to 85 percent of that value. Would it not be better to sell now for 100m than 50m at the end of next season or free the season after? These are all the risks we are taking with Pogba.
Weirdly enough, if he signs an extension, I won't be worried about his commitment whatsoever.

LingiBW

Pogba will not play for us this season. He's been pushing back his return with the hope of only featuring in 5-6 games to prep for the Euros.. Guess what, there wont be any football to play, after this week,all football will be cancelled.

So to you Pogba, it wasn't worth it afterall huh.

laughtersassassin

Pogba did not lead France to the world cup. That is the biggest lie that came out of that campaign followed by Luka Modric being the star of that competition. Because he made a speech at half time during the game means nothing to his actual effectiveness during that competition. Mbappe was their best player, followed by the defensive duo of Varane and Umtiti. Kante and his ability to win back the ball and protect the defence comes after those three, before we start talking about Pogba. He had his creative moments, but the other 4 were far more effective. That's like saying Sergio Busquets led spain to the world cup in 2010. Being part of a good team does not mean you led anything.
Ok......

cyril C

This is correct, in fact Pogba was nowhere near shinning star standard in the tournament. The major difference was Pogba was willing to contribute as team player for France, but not for Utd.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Is he still expected to come back, anytime soon? At this point it's hard to believe any news about him

Gasolin

Is he still expected to come back, anytime soon? At this point it's hard to believe any news about him
Yes, it seems he's in Carrington now doing some recovery work with the team but not training.

Craig Ward

Yeah but we need to qualify for the champions league next year and win the 2 cups we're still in so if he can input at all to that it will only benefit the club in the long run. He can then be sold in the summer more easily with potentially more suitors.
Pogba doesnt offer that assurance though?

If anything, re-added him will be a hindrance. He's a problematic wantaway player who offers inconsistent form and more off field drama then positives on the pitch.

Plus, we are also playing well. On footballing terms alone, he doesn't get into a start for us. when you add in his commitment, agent issues etc i see no reason for Ole to open up the door so easily for him

Let him rot in the reserves and be sold. He's a nobody and as soon as people start realising this the better

Mailo

This.
This is correct, in fact Pogba was nowhere near shinning star standard in the tournament. The major difference was Pogba was willing to contribute as team player for France, but not for Utd.
And this.

EireRed_GS

Agree with this. I seem to remember Pog being anonymous in the first few games he played then came alive at the end. i think they may still well have won it without him :nervous:

EireRed_GS

But surely he has to be committed to this club, and not only sign for the money.
He'll be committed until he has another casual day on the pitch, and Ole drops him. We will see what he's made of then.
Seems strange even writing that as we should know by now after 3 years what hes made of. Under Jose you never really got an understanding of their commitment under him :rolleyes:

I think even if he does sign up, we are destined for the same sh*t with leaving down the line

Bestietom

He'll be committed until he has another casual day on the pitch, and Ole drops him. We will see what he's made of then.

I think even if he does sign up, we are destined for the same sh*t with leaving down the line
I agree with you. Come summer he and his sick agent will be pushing for a move away.

IRELANDUNITED

Nah mate, no need to apologise, it's a good thing to be kept grounded and be reminded not to reply to threads with frustration in the mind. :lol: I was very pissed off at the time with these injuries and no positive news on any transfer activity, I'm just glad we look so much better right now and hopefully Pogba actually wants to be a part of this new team that is being built.

Thanks for your concerns as well, life is life, we all have to survive in this crazy world.
That is true mate, if you're going through a tough time keep going, it'll get better.

Bestietom

Really hope you are in better mood now. Keep fighting mate.

cyril C

In fact, the French player that catch my attention was Pavard, young RB and BM snatched him very cheap. We get AWB later.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Have our fan base ever been so toxic towards one player? He is despised by a large section.
Openly talks to the press about wanting to leave, has his brother and his agent running their mouths about wanting him to leave... I don't dislike him, but it's easy to see why many do.

Jinn

Probably won't play again this season. The PL and Euro's might be cancelled.