Paul Pogba | Back in full training

MuranoLover

How the feck did we make it to the point that McT will be out for a few months ?!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Hopefully it's only for a month but I have a feeling it may be longer. Hopefully we are still close to Chelsea when he comes back and that he plays amazing and helps us get into Champions League next season :)
Right. And I hope I win a lottery...

P.S. except I don't even buy lottery tickets to have a chance to win it. You know what I mean?

SteveTheRed

By playing him too much. This is what happens when you have no depth
Rubbish. Injuries like this will always happen to players regardless how often they are playing. You could call it sods law that it's happened and we have no back up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As painful as it would be for us fans......our season totally derailing over next few months might be a good thing long term. They can't keep putting their hands over their eyes and pretending the problem has gone away. It hasn't and it's only getting bigger.

If we crash out of both cups and fall further adrift of Chelsea there's going to be cries of a takeover again. Fans have had enough of being taken for fools.

NewGlory

Yep. That there is not much chance of him coming back in time and getting us into Champions League but there's not much else can do than hope:(
That and also, hope alone doesn't make our dreams come true - even with hope we need to add action. Making top 4 is already a coin-toss, but if we don't even buy players for key positions (DMF, and #10/playmaker) then it's like hoping to win a lottery and not even buying a ticket

steffyr2

Would it be ok for Ole to say something even slightly negative if he doesn't get January reinforcements?

laughtersassassin

Would it be ok for Ole to say something even slightly negative if he doesn't get January reinforcements?
Ole should just be honest. Stop saying he is happy with the squad if he isn't. Request players publicly.

Would have been so easy to say after the game yesterday that we have to bring in 2 players in Jan, puts all the pressure on Ed and isn't comparable to Jose as Ole isn't toxic.

Atleast that way the fans would turn on the owners if we don't do the business required. But as it is Ole is happy as long as Matic and Fred play like they did last night which was a 2-0 loss.

That to me is unacceptable as he is defending the Glazers by stating he would be ok with no signings. He is doing himself and the fans a disservice and let's be honest he should go fro broke cause he is doing a terrible job so far.

NewGlory

Rubbish. Injuries like this will always happen to players regardless how often they are playing. You could call it sods law that it's happened and we have no back up.
Eh? He's got a knee injury, not a muscle injury
I assume you are sports medicine professionals, highly qualified to comment on how did his ligament injury occur.

Eric's Seagull

That and also, hope alone doesn't make our dreams come true - even with hope we need to add action. Making top 4 is already a coin-toss, but if we don't even buy players for key positions (DMF, and #10/playmaker) then it's like hoping to win a lottery and not even buying a ticket
I think that is a good analogy about winning the lottery without buying a ticket. I agree that we neeed to buy key players and will be extremely disappointed if this doesn't happen.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Ole should just be honest. Stop saying he is happy with the squad if he isn't. Request players publicly.

Would have been so easy to say after the game yesterday that we have to bring in 2 players in Jan, puts all the pressure on Ed and isn't comparable to Jose as Ole isn't toxic.

Atleast that way the fans would turn on the owners if we don't do the business required. But as it is Ole is happy as long as Matic and Fred play like they did last night which was a 2-0 loss.

That to me is unacceptable as he is defending the Glazers by stating he would be ok with no signings. He is doing himself and the fans a disservice and let's be honest he should go fro broke cause he is doing a terrible job so far.
Didn't go brilliantly last time a manager did that here.

Moiraine

Phil Jones in midfield might be the answer? Moyes made that work at least. Although he is way beyond Ole in terms of abilities.
You joined Cafe in 2014. Have you watched Playing United under Fergie before that ?
Especially Champions League games ?

He played Jones in Midfield in Games like that and against Tottenham where our Midfield was significantly weaker. United produces solid displays. Should have won the tie against Madrid.

RedDevil@84

Woodward will be like, OK, let me start searching for a midfielder in market now.

Spark

Totally agree that’s what he should be doing and it’s likely what any proper manager would do.

However he’s ultimately a Glazer yes man that’s why he was likely considered in the first place. He was in no position to make demands when signing his contract with United, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a “don’t slag the club ala LVG and Mourinho” clause in there (if that’s possible).

We have got such an impotent manager it beggars belief.

DoomSlayer

I think that is a good analogy about winning the lottery without buying a ticket. I agree that we neeed to buy key players and will be extremely disappointed if this doesn't happen.
Prepare to be disappointed from now, mate. This way the frustration is gone quicker and you just accept the reality. As long as Old Trafford remains silent on Woodward and the board, nothing will significantly change.

Eric's Seagull

Prepare to be disappointed from now, mate. This way the frustration is gone quicker and you just accept the reality. As long as Old Trafford remains silent on Woodward and the board, nothing will significantly change.
I'm bracing myself for the disappointment. Feck Woodward and the board :(

Paul_Scholes18

You joined Cafe in 2014. Have you watched Playing United under Fergie before that ?
Especially Champions League games ?

He played Jones in Midfield in Games like that and against Tottenham where our Midfield was significantly weaker. United produces solid displays. Should have won the tie against Madrid.
Of course I have. Jones and Carrick worked well together since Jones let Carrick do all the creative parts with the ball. Jones covered ground and made the dirty work. I think Jones was out injured for the second game with Cleverley playing against Madrid or he might have been dropped with a more attacking team needed. Jones at fullback looked also good under SAF.

Not sure Jones got the mobility anymore for the midfield or fullback roles and Ole has probably ruined his weak confidence already.
Although we lack options so badly that I would consider testing it against Wolves with Pereira and Fred. Not sure we can play Matic in all games for two months so give him a rest and test if Jones can do a job. Jones till probably get injured after a few games in midfield, but it is not like he is playing in defense anyway at the moment and hopefully we can actually sign a proper midfield within 2-3 weeks.

NewGlory

Of course I have. Jones and Carrick worked well together since Jones let Carrick do all the creative parts with the ball. Jones covered ground and made the dirty work. I think Jones was out injured for the second game with Cleverley playing against Madrid or he might have been dropped with a more attacking team needed. Jones at fullback looked also good under SAF.

Not sure Jones got the mobility anymore for the midfield or fullback roles and Ole has probably ruined his weak confidence already.
Although we lack options so badly that I would consider testing it against Wolves with Pereira and Fred. Not sure we can play Matic in all games for two months so give him a rest and test if Jones can do a job. Jones till probably get injured after a few games in midfield, but it is not like he is playing in defense anyway at the moment and hopefully we can actually sign a proper midfield within 2-3 weeks.
With the same sentiment I would like to see Lindelof played for DMF and Tuanzebe replacing him in CB. Lindelof is better than Jones at everything but otherwise - same line of thinking as yours.

Here, we solved it for Ole, without him having to buy anybody. Now who can introduce us to Ole so he can add us as coaching consultants and implement our suggestions? :D

Paul_Scholes18

With the same sentiment I would like to see Lindelof played for DMF and Tuanzebe replacing him in CB. Lindelof is better than Jones at everything but otherwise - same line of thinking as yours.

Here, we solved it for Ole, without him having to buy anybody. Now who can introduce us to Ole so he can add us as coaching consultants and implement our suggestions? :D
Ed Woodward must love these ideas thinking he can get away with not buying anything. Lindelöf is not that mobile too though and I have not seen him play much in midfield. He can play fullback though. Maybe Wan Bissaka in midfield and Lindelöf to the right?

Young has played striker, winger, fullback so maybe it is time to try him in central midfield too ;). Imagine seeing the lineup with Young and Matic as our midfield. The meltdown would be massive. Although if Fred gets injured too things will start to look bloody bad for us.

Bestietom

Totally agree with all you said. That's why we should have recruited a midfielder last window
We lost Herrera, and Fellaini. Matic was slowing down even more, and we were unsure if Pogba was up for it. I would say it would justify that we needed 2 midfielders at least. Don't know who's fault it was, Woodward or Ole but it sure is proving to be our downfall, which most fans predicted at the start of season. If we don't bring a few players here this month, we won'the have any chance of getting into Europe.

OleTheGreat

I'm an eternal optimist but even i don't see us getting Top4 this season. Ole has already mentioned that this season will be used to build a squad for next season, I guess that's where we *lost* our momentum. Who in their right minds will say that half way down the season with just 5 points behind Top4. I think we will look lethargic for the rest of the season and if at all we manage to buy a few, let's see what happens next season. For now, let's get Fosu-Mensah in midfield and play him alongside Fred.

Eric's Seagull

We lost Herrera, and Fellaini. Matic was slowing down even more, and we were unsure if Pogba was up for it. I would say it would justify that we needed 2 midfielders at least. Don't know who's fault it was, Woodward or Ole but it sure is proving to be our downfall, which most fans predicted at the start of season. If we don't bring a few players here this month, we won'the have any chance of getting into Europe.
It was stupid planning by whoever, I personally think Woodward. Anyone could see that if we if we had a few injuries or suspensions that we would be fecked and it has shown now.

I totally agree with your part in bold. If we get an injury to Fred we could have Pereira and Matic in midfield, which I'm dreading happening. The board need to show some ambition and get some players signed. Got a feeling Woodward is going to use the excuse that the right players are not available. They should have been planning for this window months ago and have a list of potential players ready to make a bid for.

Ventura

McT out for the rest of the season(ish), Pogba with surgery? My God, this season is so over, see you for the summer muppet season.

PieCrust

We have no midfield and haven't for quite some time. McT is a nice story, but along with every midfielder at the club, he's not good enough. He's a backup that tries hard and puts in some good efforts, but ultimatley isn't Manchester United quality, regardless of how much you want him to succeed because he came from the academy.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So our already shit and thin midfield is about to get even shittier and thinner.

Happy new year.

laughtersassassin

Didn't go brilliantly last time a manager did that here.
As I said it would be different because of who it's coming from. Not saying it would work but atleast the cards would be in the table.

Right now Ole is just coming across as Underqualified, Naïve and worse facilitating the Glazers in the worsening of the squa dand lowering of expectations.

He is lucky to still have his job, he should use if for the good of the club.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
The worst part of this is now we are desperate and teams will demand top dollar for any midfielder. Which means we may not be able to get a decent transfer. Bad timing all around. Imagine if McT wasn't hurt (really stupid tackle by him btw, you don't recklessly swing your foot into a tackle, you stick your foot in) and Pogba was back, we would be in a great bargaining position.

My hopes of 4th are fading.

DRM

The worst part of this is now we are desperate and teams will demand top dollar for any midfielder. Which means we may not be able to get a decent transfer. Bad timing all around. Imagine if McT wasn't hurt (really stupid tackle by him btw, you don't recklessly swing your foot into a tackle, you stick your foot in) and Pogba was back, we would be in a great bargaining position.

My hopes of 4th are fading.
Oh there is absolutely no chance we're getting 4th. I know we're only 5 points behind but we're so inconsistent and now especially with pogba and mctom out for months there is no hope.

DoomSlayer

Oh there is absolutely no chance we're getting 4th. I know we're only 5 points behind but we're so inconsistent and now especially with pogba and mctom out for months there is no hope.
With the current situation, I don't even see us making the top 6. Having some players be injured for a month or 2 for the whole season can happen, but losing our 2 most important midfielders so often is just crazy. People forget that Pogba and McTominay were the starting midfield in the beginning of the season.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why has this information been released... during a transfer window?

Unless we have no intention of signing a midfielder this month, why have we actively shot ourselves in the foot by announcing to the world we're down to the bare bones throug midfield?