Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Funny how the people who slag Pogba off the most are the ones who get these inside scoops on him and his thinking, it's almost as if they're talking absolute shite.
I'm certain they are talking shite mate, I don't think he really eats babies.

DevilRed

Great to see us one step closer to getting our full team (and midfield) back.

If we can somehow keep everyone fit, then we might just be able to make a run at top 4.

Obviously it would be awesome if McT was available for this weekends match since it would allow Bruno to play further up the pitch. We desperately need goals and with Rashford out, we just don't have them anymore.

Joseunited

If we can somehow keep everyone fit, then we might just be able to make a run at top 4.

Obviously it would be awesome if McT was available for this weekends match since it would allow Bruno to play further up the pitch. We desperately need goals and with Rashford out, we just don't have them anymore.
Matic is back so no reason why Fernandes can't play further forward.

Withnail

Official club site said he will be fit for the second EL game
I can't see that anywhere. Do you have the link?

I can only see the stories saying he'll be back for City. He's just back running so within the next two weeks he'll be back training on grass and then 2 weeks after that before he can play.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

We also added a striker remember. Ighalo will hopefully help with the goalscoring too. It’s more about shape with him, we get to have 3 proper forwards with some pace upfront. Martial has gotten a lot of criticism, but it’s more of a unit problem to me. You can’t have the same Martial with a Mata or Pereira up with him in a front 3, and a Dan James that seems to be getting deeper and deeper on the pitch. It’s a slow build up, we are not a TEAM that can attack with pace at the moment, so I think the expectation on Martial to be stretching teams alone is off. With Ighalo, we can have forwards running at speed in different directions which opens up the game.

DevilRed

We also added a striker remember. Ighalo will hopefully help with the goalscoring too. It’s more about shape with him, we get to have 3 proper forwards with some pace upfront. Martial has gotten a lot of criticism, but it’s more of a unit problem to me. You can’t have the same Martial with a Mata or Pereira up with him in a front 3, and a Dan James that seems to be getting deeper and deeper on the pitch. It’s a slow build up, we are not a TEAM that can attack with pace at the moment, so I think the expectation on Martial to be stretching teams alone is off. With Ighalo, we can have forwards running at speed in different directions which opens up the game.
It would be such a bonus if Ighalo could show any semblance of his early form with watford.

I hope he has a similar impact as someone like Louis Saha, who coincidentally also came in January from a lesser club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It would be such a bonus if Ighalo could show any semblance of his early form with watford.

I hope he has a similar impact as someone like Louis Saha, who coincidentally also came in January from a lesser club.
It would be fantastic, but tbh, I think he can add value even if he doesn’t. He will likely replace Mata in the frontline, who himself is not prolific, but at least he can stretch play. We are too easy to contain in attack now, before we even get to the goalscoring.

pacifictheme

So his agent said he'd like to return to juve but cannot leave us whilst we're in a bad situation

So we will probably still sell even though he wants out and he will be seen as the misunderstood nice guy who we wasted
We did waste him and i don't blame him for wanting to leave if he does.

Easy to gloss over his team mates saying his attitude is great and just assume shit though isn't it.

zenith

There is not even a basic treadmill session without an attention seeking Instagram video about it.

It's like Beckham, without fergie's influence

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There is not even a basic treadmill session without an attention seeking Instagram video about it.

It's like Beckham, without fergie's influence
In fairness to Pogba he's been doubted and criticised in both the seriousness of the injury and his motivation in coming back. I think I'd be highlighting every step of the recovery process too, in his shoes.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Either Ole needs to get his story straight or Pogba needs to get his arse in gear. Start of January Ole said he'd be out for 3-4 weeks. That was almost 7 weeks ago. Pogba didn't travel to the warm weather training so he can't be anywhere near ready. Even in the last presser when asked about players coming back from injury his reply was, "Paul won't be ready, of course. "

No news about any set backs so what the feck is going on?

romufc

Either Ole needs to get his story straight or Pogba needs to get his arse in gear. Start of January Ole said he'd be out for 3-4 weeks. That was almost 7 weeks ago. Pogba didn't travel to the warm weather training so he can't be anywhere near ready. Even in the last presser when asked about players coming back from injury his reply was, "Paul won't be ready, of course. "

Pogba doesn't want to play, he doesn't want to be part of this group.

If he cannot be bothered training with the group, we should not give him minutes before the Euros.

If he cannot be bothered to help the team during our time of need why should we get him match fit?

We all know he is gone in the summer, if we really want to rebuild, he shouldnt start another game for us.

pacifictheme

Pogba doesn't want to play, he doesn't want to be part of this group.

If he cannot be bothered training with the group, we should not give him minutes before the Euros.

If he cannot be bothered to help the team during our time of need why should we get him match fit?

We all know he is gone in the summer, if we really want to rebuild, he shouldnt start another game for us.
Don't we want to get the maximum amount of money for him. Ostracising him would be a fairly dumb move.

Rolaholic

McTominay is almost back to playing shape,Pogba's back at Carrington and all of a sudden we're looking like we'll have quite the decent midfield set up for the final top 4/5 push and cup runs to end the season :drool:

It's a shame that Rashford probably won't play again this season but with reinforcements incoming in the middle of the park, I'm liking our chances of a strong finish to the season more and more.

romufc

Don't we want to get the maximum amount of money for him. Ostracising him would be a fairly dumb move.
I do not think anything he does from now to the end of the season will have impact on value for him.

If he has a good 3 months, his value is not suddenly going to go to £200m.

So we should play Pogba and forget our rebuild? Lets play games of football knowing Pogba wont be there? That is a dumb move.

You want to play with players you know are committed to the club.

cyril C

Don't worry, his highness will be back by April, just to get fit for Euro. Whether Ole will play him is another matter, if we get Bruno - Fred playing well, Pogba is backup only.

laughtersassassin

Pogba's at Carrington today anyway.

Let's be honest though Oles timelines with all injuries is terrible.

He said Pogba might be back 3-4 weeks after getting surgery. Regardless of severity that was never gonna happen. Madness imo.

He has been similarly bad for loads of our other players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And he's driving. Must be able to weight bare on his foot which suggests to me another week and he'll be on the bench
Now all of a sudden midfield looks strong with plenty of options.

laughtersassassin

So if he comes back in the next two weeks which imo is reasonable after surgery then is he still faking again? Oles 3 weeks was never going to happen imo.

So unrealistic.

laughtersassassin

It really does doesn't it.

Is there a way to fit in Mctominay, Fred, Pogba and Bruno do you think?

Martial Igalho up front?

Might be more realistic with Matic as even though I dislike him he is a more a holding midfielder than any of the above.

TheReligion

Abusive

Martial Igalho up front?

Might be more realistic with Matic as even though I dislike him he is a more a holding midfielder than any of the above.
How would you line up? Like the idea of Martial and Ighalo. Martial would get license to go wide and roam. Also James needs a break.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It really does doesn't it.

Is there a way to fit in Mctominay, Fred, Pogba and Bruno do you think?
4-3-1-2 or 4-2-2-2 (like Leipzig played) but dont think we will play all of them together,.