Paul Pogba | Back in full training

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But surely he has to be committed to this club, and not only sign for the money.
That's what I mean, I feel that he'll have to play his best football for us if he signs an extension because now we don't need him at all, or not as much as before. Ole is appreciated by the higher ups (much more than Mourinho) and the team is starting to play well

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba did not lead France to the world cup. That is the biggest lie that came out of that campaign followed by Luka Modric being the star of that competition. Because he made a speech at half time during the game means nothing to his actual effectiveness during that competition. Mbappe was their best player, followed by the defensive duo of Varane and Umtiti. Kante and his ability to win back the ball and protect the defence comes after those three, before we start talking about Pogba. He had his creative moments, but the other 4 were far more effective. That's like saying Sergio Busquets led spain to the world cup in 2010. Being part of a good team does not mean you led anything.
Umtiti had a below average WC, Varane and Kanté were the best players but the likes of Pogba, Hernandez, Lloris, Griezmann and Mbappé were just behind and all crucial. Not one player led France to the title but lets not diminish Pogba's contribution on the pitch.

Edy2

Pogba doesnt offer that assurance though?

If anything, re-added him will be a hindrance. He's a problematic wantaway player who offers inconsistent form and more off field drama then positives on the pitch.

Plus, we are also playing well. On footballing terms alone, he doesn't get into a start for us. when you add in his commitment, agent issues etc i see no reason for Ole to open up the door so easily for him

Let him rot in the reserves and be sold. He's a nobody and as soon as people start realising this the better
He has been known to influence games, though not as often as he should have. Anyway this may all be moot as there might not be much more football to be played this season.

tjb

Pogba doesnt offer that assurance though?

If anything, re-added him will be a hindrance. He's a problematic wantaway player who offers inconsistent form and more off field drama then positives on the pitch.

Plus, we are also playing well. On footballing terms alone, he doesn't get into a start for us. when you add in his commitment, agent issues etc i see no reason for Ole to open up the door so easily for him

Let him rot in the reserves and be sold. He's a nobody and as soon as people start realising this the better
I honestly feel all we need to do to get the actual impact a fully functional Pogba would give is to add a stable passing presence in Centre midfield. We do not need all the flicks and tricks. For the cost of Pogba, we could even add another creative presence to our team to supplement the new midfielder. The real question is, has Pogba been more effective than Carrick or Fletcher? Has his creativity been as consistent and useful to us as Paul Ince's stability? Given that we have signed Fernandes, is Pogba's creativity through the middle the most important thing to our midfield? If you answered yes to all these things, is the drama that Pogba comes with worth not replacing him with any of the players listed prior?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
-------------------------DDG----------------------
---------Lindelof--Maguire---Shaw------
AWB-----------Matic---Fred-----Williams
------------Bruno--------------Pogba-----------
------------------------Martial---------------------

I quite like the look of this line-up as a realistic option for the remainder of the season - perhaps lacks pace for counters though.
Nice post.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I personally don't think the league will be completely called off. There is still some football to play at some point, and I'm glad Pogba and even Rashford may be options for us by then. Assuming both club's injury list is clean, I'd fancy us even more over Spurs.

laughtersassassin

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have to laugh. Fit to play right as the league is suspended. feck knows what happens with anything at this point. May or may not play again for us.

laughtersassassin

Have to laugh. Fit to play right as the league is suspended. feck knows what happens with anything at this point. May or may not play again for us.
This is the first time that this statement was made and is reasonable.

Anyone who legitimately said this before the outbreak of the virus where insane.

Especially when you consider Ole said he might be ready for Spurs.

Denis' cuff

“I wouldn’t think he’d be against playing against Spurs if I asked him “

such loyalty and selflessness.

Too late, pal. Dab on.

laughtersassassin

“I wouldn’t think he’d be against playing against Spurs if I asked him “

such loyalty and selflessness.

Too late, pal. Dab on.
Jesus people read into Pogba related stuff like its the Da Vinci Code.

Wouldn't mind if you dabbed on instead.

James Ward

Jesus people read into Pogba related stuff like its the Da Vinci Code.

Wouldn't mind if you dabbed on instead.
Don't need him or his agent spouting nonsense which Pogba could speak out about.

Thinks he is too big for the club. Also could release a statement he is happy here.

Pogba can dab on.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Way ahead of the curve with his self-isolation. He's nothing if not prescient.

James Ward

Just to much BS with Pogba, he can feck off, not going to hype up his ego.

Brightonian

I personally don't think the league will be completely called off. There is still some football to play at some point, and I'm glad Pogba and even Rashford may be options for us by then. Assuming both club's injury list is clean, I'd fancy us even more over Spurs.
The one silver lining to the football suspension (aside from scousers being tortured by the possibility their title might be snatched from under their noses) is that the brutal timing of Rashford's injury, just when he was truly coming into his world class potential, might be ameliorated a bit. If the season ends up resuming a month or more later, it gives him a chance of playing a part in it. And if the Euros are delayed for a year, that means he won't have to rush himself back to full fitness in the hope of keeping his place in the team.

Crustanoid

The rest of the season will be Pogba running around on empty football pitches in empty stadiums on his own

yo@Kirk

The Alexis Sanchez contract and subsequent performance had to be extremely disappointing for Pogba, imo. Seeing the recruitment and managing job Ole has done is probably influencing his desire to play for Ole like he did for Allegri.

Raven

The Alexis Sanchez contract and subsequent performance had to be extremely disappointing for Pogba, imo. Seeing the recruitment and managing job Ole has done is probably influencing his desire to play for Ole like he did for Allegri.
Agreed. I've become disillusioned at work to the point where I've left before because the company I worked for wasn't taking things seriously enough. Once that happens, it's quite hard to turn it around, but the entire atmosphere at the club has changed and that might sway him to stay.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Paul Pogba is expected to return to training with his Manchester United team-mates on Tuesday after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gave his squad the weekend off following the suspension of the Premier League. Sources say Pogba has been putting in “real graft” as he steps up his recovery, undergoing personal coaching with Michael Carrick away from the main group. The pair have been doing ball work with a view to getting full mobility in Pogba’s ankle and sharpening his fitness.

While the midfielder, who turned 27 on Sunday, is said to be a little rusty, he has been staying longer than usual at Carrington and had an extra 30 minutes with Carrick after one session last week. The strength of his ankle has yet to be tested with full contact, and Solskjaer will observe how he copes when the tackles go in, but all signs indicate he could be on the bench when United next play, whenever that might be. The Premier League has called a halt to action amid the Covoid-19 outbreak until at least April 4, which is when United are scheduled to face Brighton and Hove Albion, although there is a widespread belief in the game that the date will be pushed back further.

A source close to the first team said: “He could well re-sign. Watching the win over Manchester City and you can see where the team is going.”

podurban2

It’s funny how 30 minutes extra training for a professional footballer is seen as something extraordinary.

This remark is not Pogba-related in any way. I hope he signs a new contract, that would be great.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It’s funny how 30 minutes extra training for a professional footballer is seen as something extraordinary.

This remark is not Pogba-related in any way. I hope he signs a new contract, that would be great.
Sports science is at the point where they can track a players incline, peak and decline over the course of a season based on output, pre-existing injuries etc. Alot of that includes monitoring training and playing minutes.

Last edited: