Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Josep Dowling

He gets away with it at United but what would Real Madrid fans do if Gareth Bale was running about in a United top playing golf?
Exactly. It an unwritten rule for any player not to do it. He’s also done it more than once. He’s just a clown and can’t wait for his to feck off with his parasite of an agent. The problem is I can’t see many clubs wanting his baggage and we will end up being stuck with him.

clarkydaz

These many instances just remind of the French interview DiMaria gave before signing for PSG. 'What do you mean, cant he give an interview without XYZ, nothing in it at all, whats he supposed to say, youre all over reacting as usual' etc

mu4c_20le

To be fair, he wasn't wearing it while playing golf or basketball, it was for a cause. Fair enough if some of you still think it was planned. But then we'd also have to assume that he tricked Lindelof into participating in his little scheme to troll United fans.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Think people are reading too much into Pogba's mindset for posting this. He is not some evil monster parading as a human being. He uses social media as many do, posted something to show support for a friend and a country that was a big part of his life and goes so far to try and contain whatever negativity that people can turn the post into.

End of day doesn't matter what he posts, people will look for the negative. If Pogba even wore a Matuidi France shirt and posted this, some would have found a way to turn it into something like "look, see he just cares about being ready for France". Had he worn a shirt with just Matuidi face, turn that around and say how shit is he that he can't be bothered to wear a United top. If he wore a United top, oh look he knows that he is not going to get his move so now he is trying to pander to the fans.

Think I read someone comment about how he looked fit and how it's so convenient that it is while United aren't playing. The extremes of just finding anything to beat him over the head.

We have a massive fan base, only way not to offend anyone would be to become a total hermit, which he is not going to do nor should he have to. People just need to get a little perspective and if they can't then that's on them, not him.
Shirley Knott, name and shame :nervous:

Class of 63

Sourness
To be fair, he wasn't wearing it while playing golf or basketball, it was for a cause. Fair enough if some of you still think it was planned. But then we'd also have to assume that he tricked Lindelof into participating in his little scheme to troll United fans.
Always had Lindelof down as an intelligent lad, not so sure now.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
A theory that a player is immature in itself is fine. An assertion that a player has a ‘list’ of contraventions is fine. The spotlight then starts to turn on the accuser when, upon being challenged to list these transgressions, the list is of stuff like ‘his penalty run-up, his hair colour, wearing a Matuidi shirt’. That’s the time when the host cuts their mic and ushers them off stage to prevent them from embarrassing themselves.

These are all things that, if you, the media or whoever made no single comment about, it would be absolutely normal. If this is the shite people are confidently forwarding, as grown men, in their lists of grievances, they are the ones who should have their character questioned.

Football fandom has gotten out of hand. Next thing you will have a grown adult add to their ‘list’ the fact that he was wearing white trainers, and Real wear white. And are forwarding it confidently as if it is not in keeping with the views of a fecking 5 year old. Better off just being vague about it and limiting his offences to ‘stuff’ than to boldly list hair colours and how a player runs.

Just because these football commentators sometimes speak well and wear nice suits doesn’t mean they have sense. They may look intelligent, but they are the people having a panel analysis about a man’s hairstyle. Just because people keep repeating things give it no credence either. Boris is our Prime Minister. If it turned out he had a small tattoo on his wrist and loads of people decided to get offended about it, it doesn’t increase in validity with every extra offended person. It just means one more person who needs to get a grip. If the conversation was about him slapping his girlfriend, then perhaps it relates to his suitability or conduct for his role. Pogba’s run-up is a nonsense and matter nothing at all.

Sometimes it’s as if, in this country almost everyone except some Aryan, crew cut, chest thumping footballer has something extra to prove about their attitude to football.
What are you on about you weirdo?

His hair colour was linked to his agent trying to advertise him to our closest rivals and the story conveniently being leakes, days before we played them. By presuming Pogba was unaware of this when the rest of the world was you are actually insulting his intelligence. By presuming he is not aware of the Juventus links when he chooses to wear a Juventus shirt, you are insulting his intelligence. Or rather you are insulting your own, because I'm sure he is fully aware of his own actions. He isn't a complete moron.

When he is going to the press and telling them "I can't say the truth" or whatever it was, in order to stir shite, he is not behaving like an adult. When he is taking 30 seconds to walk up and take a penalty so that everyone can look at him taking a penalty, he is not behaving like an adult. When he's posting things on instagram that are aimed at criticising his manager's tactics but in a way that means he can't be directly accused of it, he is not behaving like an adult. When he has to be substituted off in the middle of a game because, on live television, he argues with and refuses to follow his manager's instructions, he is not behaving like an adult. When he is performing showboat skills and losing the ball on the edge of his own box when his team is losing the game, he is not behaving like an adult. It is not really a grey area at this point. One or two incidents are easy to ignore and actually fairly typical of a high profile professional footballer...usually around contract renewal time. When you're losing count and they are just happening whenever the opportunity arises, it's not actually that unreasonable to assume the player is responsible for their behaviour. It certainly isn't anyone else's responsibility.

I don't dislike him. He isn't harming anyone by beating to his own drum and getting on with what he wants to do...but if you want to build a succesful world class football team, you don't really have room for stuff like this. Particularly not from someone who has made it painfully clear they don't even particularly want to play for your team anyway.

Being some kind of weirdo denialist about it and spouting utter nonsense like whatever it is you are on about here, isn't going to change anything, I'm afraid. At this point there is basically nothing Pogba can say or do that you will accept isn't helpful for the success of Manchester United, which at the end of the day as a United fan is the point of view I would maybe look at it from.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
True. You dont win a world cup or league titles with his lack of maturity. Your post make little sense. You first write that you dont think that he’s a mature person or player and just afterwards write that it’s some kind a fact and proven.

Its ok to point out things a person have done that you dont agree with but to make an assumption and call it a fact and come up with things to fit your narrative is for me an example of having an agenda.
Christ. Maradona has won a world cup and league titles...would you say he is a mature person? If Pogba was as good at football as him maybe the immaturity would be worth putting up with.

I honestly don't know what planet some of you are on.

Really I think we need to start banning people who just throw the word "agenda" around every time they don't agree with something someone says, because it's just childishness but using a grown up word. No one has an agenda against Pogba, or any of our other players...except maybe Souness and that's because he's a permanently angry Liverpool fan.

An opinion is not an agenda. Neither is pointing out things that have happened to back up an opinion. An agenda is if you have an intention to cause something to happen. I shouldn't need to be explaining this. Learn what you are saying before you just lazily throw words around hoping they sound smart.

TheLittleOne

What has Paul Pogba himself done?

He's being criticized because he made ONE comment earlier in the year and people can't let it go. That's literally the only thing that is happening here.
Again, if you think the comments of Raiola and Pogbas Brother are done without his "ok" you're a gullible fool. Let other do the dirty work so he can continue to play his role as poor misunderstood victim. I would say the same if it was an other player. For me United will always come first and players 2nd. For some of you it's clearly the other way around. I will leave it at that and not comment any further but you can bet your arse the next easily avoidable controversy is just around the corner with this guy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you saying Raiola made those comments without Pogba's consent?

If that's the case, why didn't Pogba move quickly to fan the flames?
Yes, he quite clearly speaks of his own accord many times.

Fanning the flames isn't what you think it means - but why should he talk? Raiola didn't say Pogba is definitely leaving did he? he said he will play the rest of the season then re assess at the end of the season, I don't think that's unusual. It's clear to see which direction the club is moving in before committing and I don't blame him really, but I do have faith that the club are moving in the right direction and he will end up staying.

Class of 63

Sourness
Yes, he quite clearly speaks of his own accord many times.

Fanning the flames isn't what you think it means - but why should he talk? Raiola didn't say Pogba is definitely leaving did he? he said he will play the rest of the season then re assess at the end of the season, I don't think that's unusual. It's clear to see which direction the club is moving in before committing and I don't blame him really, but I do have faith that the club are moving in the right direction and he will end up staying.
Not sure why anybody would want him to stay at this point, and we're not going in the right direction if we give him a significant pay rise to ensure his commitment for the short-term only.

Get rid, asap

Adam-Utd

Not sure why anybody would want him to stay at this point, and we're not going in the right direction if we give him a significant pay rise to ensure his commitment for the short-term only.

Get rid, asap
Because he's a world class player with a skill set that's hard to find.

If he signs a new contract then your worries over commitment will be ended.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Because he's a world class player with a skill set that's hard to find.

If he signs a new contract then your worries over commitment will be ended.
At a certain point the circus that surrounds him is not worth it. I was his biggest fan for a long time but I think we've shown that we'll be fine without him and funds from his sale would be useful.

Adam-Utd

Yeah for a full two months. Whoopie Doo(other spellings are available)
He's not going to sign a contract if he isn't serious about staying.

If we don't want to sell him this summer then he will play another year and end up leaving next year with 1 year left at a cut price.

If he signs then that's him here until he's 32/33 and pretty much the prime of his career, it's a big decision.

Class of 63

Sourness
He's not going to sign a contract if he isn't serious about staying.

If we don't want to sell him this summer then he will play another year and end up leaving next year with 1 year left at a cut price.

If he signs then that's him here until he's 32/33 and pretty much the prime of his career, it's a big decision.
Well that's preferable to giving him a new contract.

Adam-Utd

Well that's preferable to giving him a new contract.
In your opinion, many of us don't agree. Anyway the fan base will be split whatever happens!

If he chooses to leave I won't cry about it as the team have reacted really well to losing him + the addition of Bruno has really helped fill his void, but having him in the squad can only be a good thing as long as he's happy.

Class of 63

Sourness
In your opinion, many of us don't agree. Anyway the fan base will be split whatever happens!

If he chooses to leave I won't cry about it as the team have reacted really well to losing him + the addition of Bruno has really helped fill his void, but having him in the squad can only be a good thing as long as he's happy.
Doubt there will be many thinking he deserves a new contract, and he ain't staying, or be any use to us, if he doesn't get one comparable to the one Alexis signed.

He'sRaldo

All over social media, there's been a lot of solidarity stuff and nice, genuine gestures of celebs and high-profile individuals over COVID-19. Not in any single one of them have I made up my mind that it's for any kind of ulterior motive.

I guess the more it affects the world and the more tragic it gets, the less I think about those sorts of things so I'm a bit surprised that Pogba, who by all accounts is a very nice, decent human being who would love to partake in such gestures, is not being given benefit of the doubt.

I would have thought the devastating impact of the virus would make thoughts of ulterior motives trivial. In any case, for those who really need the message, I think it's a very welcome one.

Bondi77

I am sure the last thing they need in Italy right now is another virus

Deery

Dreary
Just going to leave this here, guys been at the club 5 minutes

jem

Christ. Maradona has won a world cup and league titles...would you say he is a mature person? If Pogba was as good at football as him maybe the immaturity would be worth putting up with.

Really I think we need to start banning people who just throw the word "agenda" around every time they don't agree with something someone says, because it's just childishness but using a grown up word. No one has an agenda against Pogba, or any of our other players...except maybe Souness and that's because he's a permanently angry Liverpool fan.

An opinion is not an agenda. Neither is pointing out things that have happened to back up an opinion. An agenda is if you have an intention to cause something to happen. I shouldn't need to be explaining this. Learn what you are saying before you just lazily throw words around hoping they sound smart.
Exactly. Raiola has an agenda, which is part of his job, of course

hungrywing

His hair colour was linked to his agent trying to advertise him to our closest rivals and the story conveniently being leakes, days before we played them. By presuming Pogba was unaware of this when the rest of the world was you are actually insulting his intelligence. By presuming he is not aware of the Juventus links when he chooses to wear a Juventus shirt, you are insulting his intelligence. Or rather you are insulting your own, because I'm sure he is fully aware of his own actions. He isn't a complete moron.

When he is going to the press and telling them "I can't say the truth" or whatever it was, in order to stir shite, he is not behaving like an adult. When he is taking 30 seconds to walk up and take a penalty so that everyone can look at him taking a penalty, he is not behaving like an adult. When he's posting things on instagram that are aimed at criticising his manager's tactics but in a way that means he can't be directly accused of it, he is not behaving like an adult. When he has to be substituted off in the middle of a game because, on live television, he argues with and refuses to follow his manager's instructions, he is not behaving like an adult. When he is performing showboat skills and losing the ball on the edge of his own box when his team is losing the game, he is not behaving like an adult. It is not really a grey area at this point. One or two incidents are easy to ignore and actually fairly typical of a high profile professional footballer...usually around contract renewal time. When you're losing count and they are just happening whenever the opportunity arises, it's not actually that unreasonable to assume the player is responsible for their behaviour. It certainly isn't anyone else's responsibility.

I don't dislike him. He isn't harming anyone by beating to his own drum and getting on with what he wants to do...but if you want to build a succesful world class football team, you don't really have room for stuff like this. Particularly not from someone who has made it painfully clear they don't even particularly want to play for your team anyway.

Being some kind of weirdo denialist about it and spouting utter nonsense like whatever it is you are on about here, isn't going to change anything, I'm afraid. At this point there is basically nothing Pogba can say or do that you will accept isn't helpful for the success of Manchester United, which at the end of the day as a United fan is the point of view I would maybe look at it from.

Regarding the bolded part: there are two main mechanisms that intertwine to varying degrees behind Pogfans/apologists. First is simple intelligence and/or lack of life experience (aka they're really really young). Some people literally don't get what Raiola/Pogba are doing (IMO utterly magnificent list in your previous post, btw) and/or what type of person Pogba is. Second mechanism is the same one behind people dating someone they believe is 'hotter' than they are. We've all seen it with people thus ending up somewhere on the desperate scale and inclined to accept/rationalize/endure all manner of behavior: "I'm just glad they're with me."

It's biology. It's not something one can argue away. It's literally 'OFC I'd date _________, don't care what (s)he treated me like' at work with the variance in 'hotness'/status of the subject then coming into play.

This last bit isn't actually to noodle since he already knows it: if one has the status to have other options, one is more likely to have the self-respect/ability to not tolerate that behavior as the social status gained is lesser than the social status lost due to the unseemly behavior of the object. AKA it's the thing that's going on when for threes to sixes, dating a seven is worth the trouble since 'holy shit you're with a seven (who thinks they're an eight/nine but whatever since I'm a five)'. For eights and above it becomes 'why are you with that seven who thinks (s)he's an eight/nine?'

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've always liked Pogba. His ability and flair on the ball is absolutely wonderful to watch. And I've mostly wanted us to keep him and found the criticism off him well over the top.

However I think his agents comments in recent times have taken things too far. We don't need this type baggage going into next season. Had to come out and dismissed his agents views as rubbish ,(if he has I've missed it) then we could begin taking him seriously as a Manchester United player. But as of now it appears as though both him and his agent as salivating at the thought of leaving the club. So good riddance and we'll replace you with more players like Fernandes who are burning to achieve big things at the club. Should he prove his desire to remain at the club there's a place for him here.

What has Paul Pogba himself done?

He's being criticized because he made ONE comment earlier in the year and people can't let it go. That's literally the only thing that is happening here.
His agent is his representative. He cannot simply wash his hands clean of Riaolas antics.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The problem is that I don't see any club desperate to sign him for big money. Madrid made a lot of noise last season but did feck all in terms of serious bids. Raiola talks a big game for his man but why aren't teams going all in for Pogba? Unless the media is unaware of happenings

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Raiola is the virus at the club. I have his chief client on ignore. There's a small chance he lines out for United again. Great, then let’s support him. Otherwise let’s just close ears and close eyes.

RyRy11

Just going to leave this here, guys been at the club 5 minutes

It's really THIS easy to win United fans over, yet you've got PP prancing around in a kit of a club he's heavily linked with. I'm sure he is smart but he doesn't act like it at all. I'm all for solidarity but he could have navigated around this one (wore a france shirt maybe?). Imagine Sancho posting a video of him training in a United top, most of us would be ecstatic.

I love Paul but he doesn't help himself.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I couldn’t care less if he leaves at this stage. It’s So boring.. Really good footballer but I’m so sick of the pogba show. We’ve won nothing of note with him as one of our main players and he already got someone who’s won far more than him in the game sacked. I know José was falling out with everyone and making crap signings but I do think it feels like pogba just isn’t happy or settled here no matter who’s in charge or who we sign. I also think he was probably sold a galatico project here which didn’t work out. These headlines will always be coming out. He clearly wants to leave and someone in his inner circle pops up to remind us of that every passing week. If you’re not fully focused on us then move on.

Last edited:

Kappa123

Regarding the bolded part: there are two main mechanisms that intertwine to varying degrees behind Pogfans/apologists. First is simple intelligence and/or lack of life experience (aka they're really really young). Some people literally don't get what Raiola/Pogba are doing (IMO utterly magnificent list in your previous post, btw) and/or what type of person Pogba is. Second mechanism is the same one behind people dating someone they believe is 'hotter' than they are. We've all seen it with people thus ending up somewhere on the desperate scale and inclined to accept/rationalize/endure all manner of behavior: "I'm just glad they're with me."

It's biology. It's not something one can argue away. It's literally 'OFC I'd date _________, don't care what (s)he treated me like' at work with the variance in 'hotness'/status of the subject then coming into play.

This last bit isn't actually to noodle since he already knows it: if one has the status to have other options, one is more likely to have the self-respect/ability to not tolerate that behavior as the social status gained is lesser than the social status lost due to the unseemly behavior of the object. AKA it's the thing that's going on when for threes to sixes, dating a seven is worth the trouble since 'holy shit you're with a seven (who thinks they're an eight/nine but whatever since I'm a five)'. For eights and above it becomes 'why are you with that seven who thinks (s)he's an eight/nine?'
:lol: what in the actual feck is this?

tenpoless

He literally said this during his last interview though...

Along with the reports of the club activating his extra year option and Ole saying that he's excited and looking forward to having his best players on the pitch together when asked specifically about Pogba playing with Bruno.
Why did He say "Error Image Expired, save images, do not hotlink and please contact support with any question?". Doesn't make sense to me.

jlecesne

I don’t think any of us would care what he was doing off the pitch if he were playing and preforming on it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

He’s not wrong to be fair, I mean look at your list with clear eyes....

On its own you’re claiming Pogba knowingly dyed his hair blue three weeks prior to a derby whilst on international duty. Then had his agent manufacture a fallout with Pep in the hope that it would lead Pep to publicly name Pogba as a player he had been offered by Riola in the pre match press conference....and BOOM!! It all came together ? Hannibal Smith would be proud of that plan......

the only issue I have with that plan is, what was the intended outcome of this highly detailed, well thought out rouse ?

Personally I’d say it’s more rational he had his hair dyed for the international fixture, and this wasn’t all some high level scheme starting months prior with no obvious end goal.

That’s without going into other points like penalty run ups (Rashford,Bruno’s) claiming he constantly loses the ball on the edge of his own box showboating, is a massive over exaggeration and you’d have to wonder why you feel the need to exaggerate that ?

Calling someone a ‘weirdo’ seems irrational also in relation to the debate you’re having.

Maybe the subject of the debate makes you irrational

Smores

This thread :lol:

Pogba could walk out and take a shit on the pitch and you'd have some in here praising him for adding fertiliser.

TRUERED89

He gets away with it at United but what would Real Madrid fans do if Gareth Bale was running about in a United top playing golf?
They’ve already vandalised his Bentley for much less than this. They’d probably set it on fire in this scenario :lol:

lewwoo

Hopefully gone in the summer. Dont need players like him at the club. Contrast with Bruno and Ighalo who love playing for Utd and proud to wear the shirt.

POF

Is there anything wrong with him wearing a Matuidi shirt to show support for his friend? Of course not. It's actually a really nice thing to do.

But he's still an immature man child who is far more trouble than he's worth. The baggage that surrounds him just isn't worth it and the club will be far better off when he leaves.

I think the club has pretty much decided to sell him and if they get a decent offer in the next transfer window they will take it.