Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Rolaholic

Probably just on his way to go collect the rest of his things before leaving the country

jackal&hyde

Tbh I think those comments have given a section of commentators something to cling to. In fact, they have had a few things like that this season, the odd comment attributed to his brother who lives in Spain saying ‘he’d love for PP to play for Real Madrid’, the criticism of the club by Mino Raiola.

The reality is, the sentiments towards him began so much earlier than that. I think since the day he came back, he was looked at by some as some sort of Real Madrid player on loan to us. There was moaning and criticism, some of it was about ‘antics’, others about social media, hair etc. For those people, it has been fantastic that we can all now say ‘he said he wanted to leave’, which sounds more than reasonable as validation, and probably is, but this did not start then.
I agree it did not start then; many were angry and disappointed when he left at 18, not just because he left but because he became a huge success; i know i was. It reached crazy standards of hatred though and that is to much for me. I don't know if he has many fanboys but he sure has a few haters that don't even want to acknowledge his quality as a player not to mention the things they about him as a person, professional, etc. You'd think he was the captain of a rival the way some talk about this player :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So you have been part of meetings with Klopp and his players? To know that Gini's role is to win the ball and recycle? Thats the DM's role which is Fabinho and I didnt use him as an example.

So a player playing second Midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 has to win the ball recycle, score, and assist ? Is there a point having creative midfielders / strikers/ holding midfielders then?

So why is Pogba only a good player? what is this being based on?
Well yes it's clear from watching them and the way they press. Henderson/Wijnaldum rarely ever break into the box. Their first jobs are to cover the fullbacks when they are high up the pitch, and be the first to activate the press along with the forwards. After that Fabinho comes in and sweeps up.

Obviously their team structure is very different to the way United played especially with Pogba, but what i'm saying is Pogba has to do a lot more. He is the tackler, scorer, assister etc...

romufc

Well yes it's clear from watching them and the way they press. Henderson/Wijnaldum rarely ever break into the box. Their first jobs are to cover the fullbacks when they are high up the pitch, and be the first to activate the press along with the forwards. After that Fabinho comes in and sweeps up.

Obviously their team structure is very different to the way United played especially with Pogba, but what i'm saying is Pogba has to do a lot more. He is the tackler, scorer, assister etc...

No team has players with similar structures. I agree Pogba has to do all that but that doesnt mean other teams don't have players like that. This is why I am saying Pogba as a player is WC, the fans / media expect too much off him.

Fine, lets compare him to Kovacic, Gundogan, Tielemans etc. I bet you the stats will show he is not an average player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No team has players with similar structures. I agree Pogba has to do all that but that doesnt mean other teams don't have players like that. This is why I am saying Pogba as a player is WC, the fans / media expect too much off him.

Fine, lets compare him to Kovacic, Gundogan, Tielemans etc. I bet you the stats will show he is not an average player.
I never said he is average, I think you are getting confused. I'm saying at United he has to do more than he should already, but still puts up impressive numbers.

Not many players are asked to be the build up man deep in midfield, then expected to give the final pass or score a goal also.

romufc

I never said he is average, I think you are getting confused. I'm saying at United he has to do more than he should already, but still puts up impressive numbers.

Not many players are asked to be the build up man deep in midfield, then expected to give the final pass or score a goal also.
Right, it is because the original poster was mentioning how he is only a good player and fans make excuses for him.

However; you are right that people expect alot more from Pogba, even though his numbers are impressive. The expectation is that he needs to provide magic every time he is on the ball which is the trouble. He sometimes does too much of that and if he kept it simple on occasions, I think the critics would lay off him.

In a team with Rashford, Bruno, Martiall, I expect Pogba to excel. There were times where opponents could mark Pogba out by pressing him however; from the few Bruno appearances, we can see he finds passes and likes to play the ball quickly and if he can link up with Pogba we can be devastating.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Commitment to stay fit and still looks in shape (in that pic) even during his injured period, and people are questioning his commitment & professionalism just because he wants to win trophies.

Speaking about being in shape why Martial looks fat.
Training pictures just came out and he's lost weight. He looks skinny.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not in the flesh we won't. It's going to be at the very least next season before fans are allowed at games.
Due to the pandemic, even if Pogba still wanted to leave, he'd likely not get his wish because I'm quite sure clubs won't be willing nor afford big money transfer which is what would be required to acquire Pogba. I'm confident he'll still be at United next season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Do you know how many players that are now universally beloved asked SAF to leave at one point or another and he rejected the requests?
Yes and a lot of those players were legends and earned some slack. What has Pogba done for us really? He's been a flop for 90m. KDB went for 60m in a similar period and he's twice the player.

POF

So why hasn’t he tried to ‘force through a move’ then? He made that comment before the summer window even opened. Then it opened. Did anything you saw look like he was trying to force his way out? Did he turn up late for pre-season, or not return at all? When Real Madrid offered James and a bag of chips for him, did he go on strike? Did he demand we accept the offer? If not, how have you concluded he was trying to ‘force a move’?

I’m not in denial that Pogba may want, or have wanted, to move - but at no point has he tried to force a move. Di Maria forced a move. He refused to turn up for pre-season. Lukaku forced one. He refused to train during pre-season. Since Pogba’s comment last summer, there have only been two period he could have possibly moved. Summer window last year, January window this year. No fuss was created during either of them.
No fuss? What about his agent getting into a hissy fit when Ole referred to him as "our player"? Was there any indication of his will to stay or leave in his performances? Of course not. He only played a few games all season.

Pogba has had multiple opportunities throughout his career to end speculation with a simple "I'm happy at United" or even "I intend to honour my contract" but it never comes. Instead, it's either deliberately vague comments or attempts to display his unhappiness with media soundbytes.

He's an amazing talent. The most talented midfield player I've seen at United but he's the wrong fit for the club. The circus that follows him outweighs his contributions on the pitch.

It's time for him to go. Unfortunately, I don't think any club will pay what United values him at.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No fuss? What about his agent getting into a hissy fit when Ole referred to him as "our player"? Was there any indication of his will to stay or leave in his performances? Of course not. He only played a few games all season.

Pogba has had multiple opportunities throughout his career to end speculation with a simple "I'm happy at United" or even "I intend to honour my contract" but it never comes. Instead, it's either deliberately vague comments or attempts to display his unhappiness with media soundbytes.

He's an amazing talent. The most talented midfield player I've seen at United but he's the wrong fit for the club. The circus that follows him outweighs his contributions on the pitch.

It's time for him to go. Unfortunately, I don't think any club will pay what United values him at.
You are avoiding the question. Did, while a transfer window was open, Pogba try to ‘force’ his way out in any way? An agent can throw out a comment at any time, but a player can only move during a window. There have been two of those, there was no attempt to force a move.

I’m not going to entertain conversation that suggests him being injured and operated on is an example of him trying to force a move. When he did play this season, he’s generally played well. I think it took until January for any other midfielder to match his creative stats for this season!

romufc

You are avoiding the question. Did, while a transfer window was open, Pogba try to ‘force’ his way out in any way? An agent can throw out a comment at any time, but a player can only move during a window. There have been two of those, there was no attempt to force a move.

I’m not going to entertain conversation that suggests him being injured and operated on is an example of him trying to force a move. When he did play this season, he’s generally played well. I think it took until January for any other midfielder to match his creative stats for this season!
Tbf, Pogba has wanted to leave for a couple seasons now. He wants to fight for trophies and does not want to be part of a new rebuild. But if out rebuild is happening now, he may decided to stay.

The problem Pogba has had over the last 2 years is there is alot of negativity and change at the club and this season where things might have looked like they are changing, he missed alot of the season. It is difficult to judge him at his time here.

Most people will say failure because he hasn't propelled us to a title or a challenge, some would show his numbers which show he has been delivering.

laughtersassassin

It's so funny to me those who treat Pogba as maybe wanting to leave as a crime.

You got to look where we are. You can't keep top players if your not a top team. We may be a massive club but we haven't been a top team since Fergie.

Pogba and a few of our other lads are too good for a team that makes CL one year then not the next.

Compete for trophies and he would want to stay.

Also don't bother replying with the usual he should perform better and we would compete because we all know that our whole club has been a mess for years and one player was never going to make us good enough.

POF

Did he try to force a move? What else happened behind the scenes? Who knows? It's pretty clear he wanted to leave in the summer because he said so. My presumption is he didn't leave because nobody was willing to match United's asking price.

Are you seriously asking why a player who hardly played all season didn't force a move in the January transfer window?!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tbf, Pogba has wanted to leave for a couple seasons now. He wants to fight for trophies and does not want to be part of a new rebuild. But if out rebuild is happening now, he may decided to stay.

The problem Pogba has had over the last 2 years is there is alot of negativity and change at the club and this season where things might have looked like they are changing, he missed alot of the season. It is difficult to judge him at his time here.

Most people will say failure because he hasn't propelled us to a title or a challenge, some would show his numbers which show he has been delivering.
I haven’t said he hasn’t wanted to leave, I said that he hasn’t tried to force a move.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did he try to force a move? What else happened behind the scenes? Who knows? It's pretty clear he wanted to leave in the summer because he said so. My presumption is he didn't leave because nobody was willing to match United's asking price.

Are you seriously asking why a player who hardly played all season didn't force a move in the January transfer window?!
Well not you.

And obviously, he didn’t leave because nobody matched our valuation. He also made it easy for us to reject offers below our valuation because DESPITE these comments you referred to - he did not try to force a move last summer.

As for the reason WHY he didn’t try to force a move in January, that’s irrelevant speculation. The point is, he did not.

I’m responding to your specific allegation that he tried to force a move. I’m asking what transfer window did he try to force his way out in, and you haven’t really given me one. There have been two windows, no force was applied in either. Unless you choose to take a position if ‘we don’t know what happened behind the scenes’.

jackal&hyde

Well not you.

And obviously, he didn’t leave because nobody matched our valuation. He also made it easy for us to reject offers below our valuation because DESPITE these comments you referred to - he did not try to force a move last summer.

As for the reason WHY he didn’t try to force a move in January, that’s irrelevant speculation. The point is, he did not.

I’m responding to your specific allegation that he tried to force a move. I’m asking what transfer window did he try to force his way out in, and you haven’t really given me one. There have been two windows, no force was applied in either. Unless you choose to take a position if ‘we don’t know what happened behind the scenes’.
I think this is where the conspiracy theories of faking injuries comes in; could have played but did not want to etc.

POF

Well not you.

Not you either apparently! How do you know he didn't try to force a move?

Allegation? Jesus wept.

He made a public declaration that he wanted to leave. He did that because he wanted it known in the market that he wanted to leave. Do you agree with that? If so, you are pedantically arguing over semantics.

You seem to equate "forcing a move" to going on strike or throwing a massive tantrum to get what you want. Based on your last couple of posts, I am not surprised.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Allegation? Jesus wept.

He made a public declaration that he wanted to leave. He did that because he wanted it known in the market that he wanted to leave. Do you agree with that? If so, you are pedantically arguing over semantics.

You seem to equate "forcing a move" to going on strike or throwing a massive tantrum to get what you want. Based on your last couple of posts, I am not surprised.
Now you’re getting it.

jackal&hyde

Allegation? Jesus wept.

He said it might be time for a new challenge and then presented himself for preseason and worked like any other player at the club, actually harder because he was used by the club for different promotional activities. It's not semantics, you are just making a case that does not exist with "forcing a move"; he did no such thing. Look at Dembele and Aubameyang to see what forcing a move looks like.

What is it with this player that makes some people hate him so much, i'm so confused :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I mean, 'forcing' a move does mean going out of your way to create a situation where staying is almost impossible. We've seen plenty of players do that before (many to get moves to us) and Pogba hasn't come close to that level.

DDG is another example. Back in the day he made it obvious that he wanted to leave, and Real made it obvious that they wanted him to create drama so that they could get him easier. Despite wanting to leave he didn't do that, Real left it too long and it all fell apart in the last minutes of the window.

Pogba made it obvious he wanted to leave but otherwise hasn't done anything to really force us to sell him. He hasn't refused to train (he's always one of the first back), he hasn't caused drama in the dressing room (every player says he's one of the most inviting and friendly players). The one time his agent did go overboard with his comments he quickly backtracked the next day, most likely because Pogba told him to pull his head in a bit. Unless you are one of the conspiracy theorists who think he hasn't really been injured this season he hasn't come close to truly 'forcing' a move.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

The parts I’ve highlighted:-

1. His agent quickly backtracked the next day

2. His agent did an interview with sky sports saying how much Pogba loves United, that Rioja had advised him not to go back but Pogba insisted, that Pogba loves the club, but Riola as his agent believes he needs to win trophies, Pogba wants to win trophies at United.
Funny how many people missed that or are happy to suggest Riola is acting on his players behalf....except when it doesn’t suit their agenda.

3. He’s been injured all season because he tried to play through an injury and then put off an operation and had a relapse, so then needed an operation.

Rolaholic

Seems to be working on getting back whenever football returns with a new friend this time...

:drool: :drool:

laughtersassassin

Great little video. Love him so much as a footballer.

Really hope we can secure Sancho this summer as for the first time in years we will finally have a team with multiple players of United quality. Not just depend on one or two lads like we have been doing.

While most summers have been recently this is another make or break one for us.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Really hope we can secure Sancho this summer as for the first time in years we will finally have a team with multiple players of United quality. Not just depend on one or two lads like we have been doing.

obviously hates united

Silas

Virus.