Paul Pogba being blackmailed by his own brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's more common than you think. I personally have no interest in them but Varane, Ramos, Neymar and Toni Kroos all have some form of documentaries on Netflix or Prime. I'm sure the focus will vary in terms of content and style but Pogba is not the first and not the last.
Sure. But the point is that the list of top footballers who didn’t launch a vanity project documentary is many many times longer than the short list of those who did.

Brophs

The One and Only
He could market an emoji for when your brother tries to extort you. Every cloud…

GoldanoGraham

Apparently Pogba and his mother are under house protection security in Italy…..wow - certainly a lot of drama follows this guy.

Injured, unlikely to go to the WC, extorted by his family…..surely makes for a great Netflix series?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Apparently Pogba and his mother are under house protection security in Italy…..wow - certainly a lot of drama follows this guy.

Injured, unlikely to go to the WC, extorted by his family…..surely makes for a great Netflix series?
A fictionalised account could actually be awesome. Get Christopher Walken in as the bad guy manipulating his brother?

NotThatSoph

Sounds much better than that Pogmentary shite anyway!
I don't know if you saw the last page, but we're up to over 10 players doing documentaries before Pogba did, so that whole unprecedented thing turned out to be pretty precedented.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I don't know if you saw the last page, but we're up to over 10 players doing documentaries before Pogba did, so that whole unprecedented thing turned out to be pretty precedented.
Pogba doing a show specifically timed when moving clubs (with a big focus on slagging off his last club) is unprecedented

It's also officially the worst documentary of all time - so yes, unprecedented
https://www.sportbible.com/football/paul-pogbas-the-pogmentary-has-a-rating-of-1-out-of-10-20220623

NotThatSoph

Pogba doing a show specifically timed when moving clubs (with a big focus on slagging off his last club) is unprecedented

It's also officially the worst documentary of all time - so yes, unprecedented
https://www.sportbible.com/football/paul-pogbas-the-pogmentary-has-a-rating-of-1-out-of-10-20220623
Griezmann's was a portrait to justify leaving for Barcelona.

I'm sure the documentary is garbage, and I'd never watch it, but for obvious reasons IMDB ratings are absolutely worthless in this scenario. The voters won't even have watched it.

The new Little Mermaid trailer from Disney is the most disliked in Hollywood history, it doesn't say anything about the quality.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Griezmann's was a portrait to justify leaving for Barcelona.

I'm sure the documentary is garbage, and I'd never watch it, but for obvious reasons IMDB ratings are absolutely worthless in this scenario. The voters won't even have watched it.

The new Little Mermaid trailer from Disney is the most disliked in Hollywood history, it doesn't say anything about the quality.
IIRC Griezmann did a youtube thing (could barely call it a documentary) to say he was rejecting Barca and staying at Atletico - which was embarassing for him when he moved to Barca the year after !

Seems there is a theme with French players making awful tv - they also seem to get involved in bizarre scandals as we had Benzema/Valbuena and the PSG Women attacks before Pogba's current episode

NotThatSoph

IIRC Griezmann did a youtube thing (could barely call it a documentary) to say he was rejecting Barca and staying at Atletico - which was embarassing for him when he moved to Barca the year after !

Seems there is a theme with French players making awful tv - they also seem to get involved in bizarre scandals as we had Benzema/Valbuena and the PSG Women attacks before Pogba's current episode
Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend is a Netflix special.

Ramos, Kroos, Neymar, Ronaldo, Saul, Inaki Williams and Andres Guardado aren't French, and there's plenty of scandals including all sorts of nationalities, so I don't know what your angle is here. It's also pretty weird to classify crime victims as people involved in scandals, but you do you.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend is a Netflix special.
Ah so he's vain enough to have 2 documentaries! Calling himself a legend is also a stretch

have you actually watched this? You claim it's "a portrait to justify leaving for Barcelona" when actually it was released months before he announced leaving so nothing to do with that at all, unlike Pogba's unprecedented show

saivet

Ah so he's vain enough to have 2 documentaries! Calling himself a legend is also a stretch

have you actually watched this? You claim it's "a portrait to justify leaving for Barcelona" when actually it was released months before he announced leaving so nothing to do with that at all, unlike Pogba's unprecedented show
It's really not that big of a deal. There's nothing particularly unique or distinct about his series.

NotThatSoph

No, I haven't watched it, I'm going by what I've read, just like how you're going by IMDB reviews. Look, I get that you're trying to justify your stance, either jokingly or not I'm still not sure because this French stuff you're on is far out, but Pogba accepted an offer for a documentary type that has been very popular, spearheaded by Amazon and Netflix. Now, long after it's done, while Pogba and his mom is under police protection and his brother is with the police, you're in here reaching for whatever you can because ... a phone conversation with Riola where Pogba was unhappy with United.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
No, I haven't watched it...
Next time when you haven't actually watched something don't start making claims over what it's about to try and prove a stupid point

Now do you have any new information about this Pogba family scandal?
If not then stop derailing the thread

NotThatSoph

Next time when you haven't actually watched something don't start making claims over what it's about to try and prove a stupid point

Now do you have any new information about this Pogba family scandal?
If not then stop derailing the thread
Have you at any point had any new information about this?

From where I'm standing, you've been going on and on about a documentary he did once, I don't think that had any information about Pogba being held at gunpoint or being blackmailed, did it? You then started talking about French footballers in general, was that supposed to be related to this situation? Unless you're claiming that Benzema is behind this you're confusing me a great deal right now.

arthurka

Everybody loved the idea of him and Griezmann at Utd. Just saying this place could have been the greatest reality TV special of all times.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
The worst thing about the documentary is that Pogumentary would have been a much better name than Pogmentary

90 + 5min

Everybody loved the idea of him and Griezmann at Utd. Just saying this place could have been the greatest reality TV special of all times.
Absolutley not. Not everybody. We didn’t need Pogba and we don’t need Griezmann. We need to stay away from those kind of players.

NotThatSoph

It looks like Mathias Pogba is also under suspicion for putting pressure on Pogba's agent, who has also lodged a complaint to the police, so those suggesting that Paul Pogba is lying are claiming that Pimenta is lying too.

BootsyCollins

R.Kelly, Mendy and Weinstein. Surley that can easily be interpreted as him calling Pogba a rapist or saying he sexually abused someone without actually using those words? Pretty bad using those names anyway.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
New info there alright folks, so we are going to check a few things out and temporarily lock this. Please hold off for a bit on further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.