Paul Pogba | I missed football so much

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That's my last post of the day, but is that the best you got?

Bruno's done more in a year than PP in his entire time. See if you find anyone on this site that would even dispute that.
We won the EL and League cup and finished second in Pogbas first season....

RooneyLegend

I agree we need to surround Bruno with better players. I don't think Paul Pogba is a "better player". He hasn't been bad, but Bruno has shown what we all expected from PP. Put your hand on your heart and tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, I just don't think Pogba is all that.
You don't know what you're talking about. Finding a midfielder better than Paul Pogba is going to be impossible.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
You don't know what you're talking about. Finding a midfielder better than Paul Pogba is going to be impossible.
Completely agree with this. The lad is a fabulous player and a good leader in the dressing room for our young team. We need to keep him at the club because we are then not over reliant on our super baller amazing midfielder Fernando's even though he does an excellent job being our 1 man army.

Keep Pogba, bring in a reliable cb or find out how to use tuanzebe and work around that. We don't show signs of weakness by letting one of our best players to go in a power play, we make him stay and make him want to stay. With him & correct summer moves, we are strong title contenders.

Giggsy13

Hahahah what is this vdb and garner cover pogba
I’ll have what this guy is on when the country opens back up please
You’d give a giant contract extension to player who can’t stay healthy?? “SirScholes”, no, more like like SirWoodward.

SirScholes

You’d give a giant contract extension to player who can’t stay healthy?? “SirScholes”, no, more like like SirWoodward.
You’re going on like he’s Owen Hargreaves.

Going down your route would see us back to square one fighting for top 4-6
I shudder to think what a season would look like if our centre mid options were
Garner Fred mctom vdb matic

Keep in mind we need a top striker a right winger and a top defender, are you really going to add a top centre midfield to that list?

Giggsy13

You’re going on like he’s Owen Hargreaves.

Going down your route would see us back to square one fighting for top 4-6
I shudder to think what a season would look like if our centre mid options were
Garner Fred mctom vdb matic

Keep in mind we need a top striker a right winger and a top defender, are you really going to add a top centre midfield to that list?
I think the last few years with Pogba have been a concern. Agreed, he’s not Hargreaves level with respect to injuries, but with the wages Pogba would be demanding in a new deal should make the club rethink about it.

You’re right we aren’t going to get a like for like replacement for Pogba when we have other holes to address but we haven’t seen the best of VDB. He’s had a tough year but the lad has a lot of potential and could help cover the loss of Pogba while we address other needs in the squad.

RedDevilzFox

we signed his mate lukaku for 80 million to fill the gap. That all turned out well. Winning the EL with the most expensive team to ever win it is impressive to you... right then.
Yeah people now cling on to anything thesedays. Understable given our state since ferguson but pitiful nevertheless.

And we will find a midfielder that suits this team better and doesn't have an agent spewing nonsense every other month. Just look at Bruno. PP is dispensable, make no mistake.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
we signed his mate lukaku for 80 million to fill the gap. That all turned out well in the end....

Winning the EL with the most expensive team to ever win it is impressive to you?
Blaming Pogba for Lukaku being shite :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Blaming Pogba for Lukaku being shite :lol:
Being impressed with a 90 million quid signing winning the el with zlatan and the most expensive squad ever to win it (by far) and then it being even more impressive we came second with lukaku who we signed for 80 million and who Pogba then fell out with the following season. It’s not in any way impressive! getting your manager sacked. If that’s impressive to you then the bar is very low indeed. “Even more impressive” :lol:

Last edited:

Ali Dia

I would be willing to bet that Pogba/Mino had a lot to do with us signing the one time Pogba bestie and shiny new Mino client, Lukaku. I’m not saying lukaku was ever the answer and he probably shouldn’t have been signed in the first place but whatever happened between Pogba and Lukaku was the beginning of end of him at the club. Things went badly downhill for Rom after that. It sounded like Rom took Joses side in whatever was going on and things never recovered after under Ole. He definitely had a big hand in what happened with Jose. Factor in his first time at the club and all the agent nonsense since he’s come back. I don’t care what anyone says. He’s not and never was someone you go and build a team around. That’s on the owners not the player though.

Last edited:

SirScholes

I think the last few years with Pogba have been a concern. Agreed, he’s not Hargreaves level with respect to injuries, but with the wages Pogba would be demanding in a new deal should make the club rethink about it.

You’re right we aren’t going to get a like for like replacement for Pogba when we have other holes to address but we haven’t seen the best of VDB. He’s had a tough year but the lad has a lot of potential and could help cover the loss of Pogba while we address other needs in the squad.
Going in to a new season with a player who we haven’t seen the best of as our main centre mid is much worse than giving pogba, one of our best players this season a new contract.
or we buy another big player which comes with its own risks
He’s had two related injuries of note, his ankle injury when he was playing on despite needing surgery because we needed him and ended up having the surgery due to further damage
And this thigh issue

other than that he hasn’t been too bad

DoomSlayer

How many games has Pogba missed in the last 2 seasons and how many has he played? It would be interesting to see just how much injuries are becoming an issue.

DoomSlayer

He’s missed about 290 days since beginning of last season according to transfermarkt
Yeah, but I guess that doesn't account for getting match fit again, as it has been taking him a lot of time to reach peak physical conditioning.

Ali Dia

Yeah, but I guess that doesn't account for getting match fit again, as it has been taking him a lot of time to reach peak physical conditioning.
ya he’s basically been MIA for 2 seasons apart from the end of last season (where he was only alright) then from covid up to his purple patch the last month or 2 up to his injury.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I would be willing to bet that Pogba/Mino had a lot to do with us signing the one time Pogba bestie and shiny new Mino client, Lukaku. I’m not saying lukaku was ever the answer and he probably shouldn’t have been signed in the first place but whatever happened between Pogba and Lukaku was the beginning of end of him at the club. Things went badly downhill for Rom after that. It sounded like Rom took Joses side in whatever was going on and things never recovered after under Ole. He definitely had a big hand in what happened with Jose. Factor in his first time at the club and all the agent nonsense since he’s come back. I don’t care what anyone says. He’s not and never was someone you go and build a team around. That’s on the owners not the player though.
This Pogba getting Mourinho fired thing again. :lol:

Pogba was terrible for 50% of that season. However he was also probably our best player for the other 50%. Other than Shaw and Martial (who were both only good for about a month each), every player was terrible that entire season under Mourinho. Yet the media somehow had people blaming Pogba despite the fact he had had more good performances than anybody else on the team. Yes his worst three games were disgraceful, but the rest of the time he was no worse than anybody else (and those three games only came after Mourinho started attacking him).

Jose is the one at fault for what happened, nobody else. He was the one who quite obviously had most of the players miserable. Just like he did at Real Madrid. Just like he did at Chelsea. Just like he's likely doing at Spurs now. He's the one who publicly attacked Pogba, going so far as to deliberately wait for the media to be at the training ground so they could catch him going off at Pogba (for something that later was found Jose was in the wrong for). Jose was the one who refused to drop our worst performing players. Jose was the one who had created a toxic environment around the club and who played stupid little games with his team selections to try to make a point to the club and create a narrative to the media.

Jose got Jose fired.

Ali Dia

This Pogba getting Mourinho fired thing again. :lol:

Pogba was terrible for 50% of that season. However he was also probably our best player for the other 50%. Other than Shaw and Martial (who were both only good for about a month each), every player was terrible that entire season under Mourinho. Yet the media somehow had people blaming Pogba despite the fact he had had more good performances than anybody else on the team. Yes his worst three games were disgraceful, but the rest of the time he was no worse than anybody else (and those three games only came after Mourinho started attacking him).

Jose is the one at fault for what happened, nobody else. He was the one who quite obviously had most of the players miserable. Just like he did at Real Madrid. Just like he did at Chelsea. Just like he's likely doing at Spurs now. He's the one who publicly attacked Pogba, going so far as to deliberately wait for the media to be at the training ground so they could catch him going off at Pogba (for something that later was found Jose was in the wrong for). Jose was the one who refused to drop our worst performing players. Jose was the one who had created a toxic environment around the club and who played stupid little games with his team selections to try to make a point to the club and create a narrative to the media.

Jose got Jose fired.
ok had sone kind of hand in getting one manager fired and another really expensive player shipped out? Better? Mino and Pogba haven’t shut up since Ole was appointed either so I’m not sure it’s all on the manager. Damn right Jose was pissed at him. If I’d signed a player for 90 million and about 18 months later he’s blabbing to the press about leaving? That’s surely going to create a rift with any manager that’s serious about winning. He was Jose’s captain and If that’s what he’s like in public then what’s he like behind the scenes. That was the height of player branding around here. I shudder to think back.

Not a Jose fan. I just think Pogba is getting away with a lot of stuff now just as it’s time to renew him

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Being impressed with a 90 million quid signing winning the el with zlatan and the most expensive squad ever to win it (by far) and then it being even more impressive we came second with lukaku who we signed for 80 million and who Pogba then fell out with the following season. It’s not in any way impressive! getting your manager sacked. If that’s impressive to you then the bar is very low indeed. “Even more impressive” :lol:
Im impressed by everything we win. I’ve seen us win every trophy possible in my lifetime. That completed the set. It’s the last trophy we won.

Ive got to laugh at you, you’re completely irrational. Pogba signed Lukaku, Pogba decided to sell Lukaku because he fell out with him, Pogba got Jose sacked.

This is the problem with these types of posters. You’re irrational hatred of a complete stranger makes it impossible to have a reasoned discussion.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
ok had sone kind of hand in getting one manager fired and another really expensive player shipped out? Better? Mino and Pogba haven’t shut up since Ole was appointed either so I’m not sure it’s all on the manager. Damn right Jose was pissed at him. If I’d signed a player for 90 million and about 18 months later he’s blabbing to the press about leaving? That’s surely going to create a rift. If that’s what he’s like in public what’s he like behind the scenes. That was the height of player branding around here. I shudder to think back.

Not a Jose fan. I just think Pogba is getting away with a lot of stuff now just as it’s time to renew him
I don't understand how you can think he had anything to do with Lukaku being sold. Lukaku seemed to be fairly unpopular in the dressing room (hardly strange considering his 'big-man' attitude while being the worst performing player for most of that second season), but more importantly he had been playing absolutely terribly, didn't suit how the new manager wanted to play, didn't want to stay as a squad player and we were getting offered almost our entire signing fee back. You think we would have kept him had Pogba not been there? You think Jose would still have been here if Pogba wasn't here?

As for your last sentence, I'm the exact opposite. I wouldn't class myself as a Pogba fan (I think he should be sold as I don't see him fitting in the same team as Bruno) but I feel the amount of criticism he's had over the years has constantly been far more than he deserves. There's plenty to criticise Pogba for, but when people go overboard it only makes it difficult to take any of their criticism seriously. The fact that we still have people who seem to think that he played a big part in Jose getting fired (and now Lukaku getting sold) is an example of that.

Ali Dia

I don’t hate Pogba at all. I dislike that the club became the running joke in football in the years he was a key player and I hope the club move on and push forward without him and his drama and his walking around the pitch after this season. It’s our owners though so I’m not holding my breath.

I don’t think finishing 6th and winning the EL with that squad was anything to shout about either It was a bit of a joke but it got us into the CL so fair enough. Pogba alone was worth more than the Vigo Ajax and anderlecht teams combined and even then we were still pretty close to losing it. Nothing amazing about that. Not exactly a shock result either. Was I happy at the time? Of course I was but I thought we were well on the way to much better things. I got that pretty wrong... what’s he done for utd since?