Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Stadjer

This virus running through top-level football now needs sorting out ASAP.

Something needs adding into contracts to protect clubs against these types of players, he's basically not bothered about playing anymore. He's not the only one either Lingard, Alli, Jones, Rodwell, Drinkwater, Barkley.

The game is riddled with them. When you look back on the likes of David Bentley and Andre Schurlee retiring because they didn't want it anymore. You've got to take your hat off to them, at least they were honest.
In the Pogba thread where a lot of dumb post have been made, this post deserves a special mention. :houllier:

Clubs can protect themself by not offering the huge contracts to players that have fitness issues or 'are not bothered about playing'. A club gambles on a player being able to overcome his issues so why do they need protected against their own gamble.

Paul Pogba seems to be broken just like Phil Jones is broken. Its on their clubs that they offered them the deals. Its not the players fault for accepting the deal.

Just like how Pogba was stuck at a disfunctional Manchester United with shit managers and shit players during the best years of his carreer. He didnt get any protection against that either. Im sure Woodward told Pogba would be part of a succesful and well run club too.

A contract is a contract. Both parties agree before they both sign and, unless you put clauses in that contract, you cant just change it because player or club didnt meet expectation. And those clauses you suggest would ensure players wouldnt sign the contract.

Nero

When he returns from this injury he'll have played 35 minutes in 12 months.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Something’s up here…he finally gets back, gets disciplined, and all of sudden has another injury for three weeks. I don’t buy it. I’m not a tinfoil hat guy, but this smacks of a player and team loathing each other and wanting nothing to do with them.
Partly seems like him and Allegri blud have fallen out, but I also think it was apparent in the last 12-18 months here that PP is, fundamentally, broken. Don't think he'll ever stay fit for another 30+ game season in his career. I'd even be surprised to see him do a 20+.

I hold out faith that Martial isn't quite at that level. A lot of his injuries just seem like annoying bad luck at this point.

Velvet Revolver

It's interesting take on talent and perception of what constitutes as a great player. He only won trophies with a side riddled with talent all around the pitch. Won nothing at united ( carabao cup isn't necessarily what players dream of winning). He is good player that's it. Nothing great or world class it's the hype and narrative that when presented in a marketable format everyone gulps it up.

We need an rvn

It's interesting take on talent and perception of what constitutes as a great player. He only won trophies with a side riddled with talent all around the pitch. Won nothing at united ( carabao cup isn't necessarily what players dream of winning). He is good player that's it. Nothing great or world class it's the hype and narrative that when presented in a marketable format everyone gulps it up.
I think he's a wasted talent in the sense he could have won more and could have helped his teams to win more if he was more focused on only football and not get so distracted by his off-field interests - save that for retirement.

But I don't think anyone here can deny has was a talent with what he's won and what he's contributed to those teams winning.

clarkydaz

I think he's a wasted talent in the sense he could have won more and could have helped his teams to win more if he was more focused on only football and not get so distracted by his off-field interests - save that for retirement.

But I don't think anyone here can deny has was a talent with what he's won and what he's contributed to those teams winning.
His Pogumentary ironically confirmed all the criticisms of him

Strootman's Finger

Something needs adding into contracts to protect clubs against these types of players, he's basically not bothered about playing anymore. He's not the only one either Lingard, Alli, Jones, Rodwell, Drinkwater, Barkley.

The game is riddled with them. When you look back on the likes of David Bentley and Andre Schurlee retiring because they didn't want it anymore. You've got to take your hat off to them, at least they were honest.
In a general sense I agree, but if you signed Pogba in the summer of 22, that's on you, he's been exposed as a fraud for a long time now, you need to do your homework.

Hammondo

In the Pogba thread where a lot of dumb post have been made, this post deserves a special mention. :houllier:

Clubs can protect themself by not offering the huge contracts to players that have fitness issues or 'are not bothered about playing'. A club gambles on a player being able to overcome his issues so why do they need protected against their own gamble.

Paul Pogba seems to be broken just like Phil Jones is broken. Its on their clubs that they offered them the deals. Its not the players fault for accepting the deal.

Just like how Pogba was stuck at a disfunctional Manchester United with shit managers and shit players during the best years of his carreer. He didnt get any protection against that either. Im sure Woodward told Pogba would be part of a succesful and well run club too.

A contract is a contract. Both parties agree before they both sign and, unless you put clauses in that contract, you cant just change it because player or club didnt meet expectation. And those clauses you suggest would ensure players wouldnt sign the contract.
You are deluded.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Virus b/c he's injury prone? Weird take.

The_Midfielder

At end of the day.. Every man/woman desires money and life of riches..and security for his kids ..
So he has achieved it.
He is done with football now ..

Last edited:

RVN1991

Who knows if ETH came a bit earlier, he could've even turned Pogba to the player he had been supposed to be? It's a shame how he has wasted his massive talent throughout the year, despite even winning the wc as a regular.
Stop it.

Superunknown

Wasted talent. Could have been a world beater.
I get quite frustrated when I think about this. I do feel that the timing was just completely wrong for this player. He didn't have the right manager or the right team at the right time. At the same time, he wasn't the player that we thought we were getting and he wasn't really able to affect the team or elevate those around him. I can't remember the amount of times that I just felt suitably underwhelmed by what I was seeing from him on the pitch. Those instances where he did affect games or did look world class just made it even worse, since we could all see that there was something there.

Pogba in his prime (with the right attitude and good fitness record) in this current team and under ETH is a different player to the one that we saw. I do think we would have seen the best of him under those circumstances. But, unfortunately, it didn't work out.

I don't actually feel that bitter about his price/cost when he initially came, neither do I feel any sense of satisfaction from seeing his struggles this season. I guess it's more of an annoyance that this could have been something much better than it actually was.

Marwood

exactly…this isn’t pogbas fault it’s Juventus being total idiots. And even so, I’m sure they could sell him to another idiot club this summer if they wanted and since they got him on the free it wouldn’t even be bad business. There Are very few players that actually don’t want to play…
True but there are some who don't want to live and train the right way. The hard bit.

Yakuza_devils

Nice karma to Juventus. Now they are stuck with a highly paid virus in the team.

Pogba is getting a nice pension.

Pintu

You make it sound like he was Arbeloa or some random nobody lucky to get in his teams when they won trophies. But that's simply no true.... He didn't fulfill what he could have, but he still won major trophies (not just the Carabao thing), and he contributed massively to winning them, there is no denying that...

Honours

France

France U20
Juventus
Manchester United

Individual
Orders

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
You make it sound like he was Arbeloa or some random nobody lucky to get in his teams when they won trophies. But that's simply no true.... He didn't fulfill what he could have, but he still won major trophies (not just the Carabao thing), and he contributed massively to winning them, there is no denying that...

Honours

France

France U20
Juventus
Manchester United

Individual
Orders
And you forgot all about the motm he got as well as the days he stayed fit or posted on social media!

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Honours

France

France U20
Juventus
Manchester United

Individual
Orders
He is capable of being a great player but there’s been a very clear and obvious disparity between his club performances and his ability for a long time. The Pogba for France and the Pogba for United and Juventus MK2 are not one and the same. That’s why people are frustrated with him.

You can list his team honours all you want but his individual honours peaked mid 2010’s. There’s a clear correlation.

Velvet Revolver

Honours

France

France U20
Juventus
Manchester United

Individual
Orders
looks like i offended someone very dearly.

RVN1991

Honours

France

France U20
Juventus
Manchester United

Individual
Orders
TBF to Arbeloa he won everything there is to win in football minus the individual accolades of course.

Vanrouge

I get quite frustrated when I think about this. I do feel that the timing was just completely wrong for this player. He didn't have the right manager or the right team at the right time. At the same time, he wasn't the player that we thought we were getting and he wasn't really able to affect the team or elevate those around him. I can't remember the amount of times that I just felt suitably underwhelmed by what I was seeing from him on the pitch. Those instances where he did affect games or did look world class just made it even worse, since we could all see that there was something there.

Pogba in his prime (with the right attitude and good fitness record) in this current team and under ETH is a different player to the one that we saw. I do think we would have seen the best of him under those circumstances. But, unfortunately, it didn't work out.

I don't actually feel that bitter about his price/cost when he initially came, neither do I feel any sense of satisfaction from seeing his struggles this season. I guess it's more of an annoyance that this could have been something much better than it actually was.
This is the right take.

Abraxas

He wasn't capable of being the world beater people claim.

Even if he had a better attitude towards improvement and playing for the team, there were huge holes in his game. Playing loads of Hollywood passes, couldn't really set the tempo of a game with short passes. Disappearing in matches. Not that good against the press.

He had enough weaknesses that it wasn't just about attitude. Besides, I've never really known what it means to say X could have been a world beater if only he had the right attitude. Well... attitude, disposition, work rate, it all goes into being a top player. It's not any less valuable than technical skill and it's not easily "learnt." So who cares. McTominay would be a world beater if he could pass and control the ball. So what.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He wasn't capable of being the world beater people claim.

Even if he had a better attitude towards improvement and playing for the team, there were huge holes in his game. Playing loads of Hollywood passes, couldn't really set the tempo of a game with short passes. Disappearing in matches. Not that good against the press.

He had enough weaknesses that it wasn't just about attitude. Besides, I've never really known what it means to say X could have been a world beater if only he had the right attitude. Well... attitude, disposition, work rate, it all goes into being a top player. It's not any less valuable than technical skill and it's not easily "learnt." So who cares. McTominay would be a world beater if he could pass and control the ball. So what.
His attitude even negatively impacts his on field performance. Holding on to the ball too long while being outnumbered because he wants to show his skills on the ball instead of playing a simple pass to a free team mate. It works half the time, and those moments are what generate those Youtube compilations showing how "good" he supposedly is. In reality, those who watch him play week in week out can see the flaws in his game.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
His attitude even negatively impacts his on field performance. Holding on to the ball too long while being outnumbered because he wants to show his skills on the ball instead of playing a simple pass to a free team mate. It works half the time, and those moments are what generate those Youtube compilations showing how "good" he supposedly is. In reality, those who watch him play week in week out can see the flaws in his game.
What a waste of talent is Pogba. And I agree with what you have said.
With Pogba, it is clear that his problem is that he thinks he is a better player than he actually is.
They say that talent is not enough.
You have to work and work and continue to work at improving. Pogba was incapable of doing that.
Waste of space.

Andersonson

You dont know who Arbeloa is, do you?

Hammondo

He is capable of being a great player but there’s been a very clear and obvious disparity between his club performances and his ability for a long time. The Pogba for France and the Pogba for United and Juventus MK2 are not one and the same. That’s why people are frustrated with him.

You can list his team honours all you want but his individual honours peaked mid 2010’s. There’s a clear correlation.
Well I agree with you, his performances for France have been exaggerated, he's been nothing special for them most matches.