Paul Pogba - Juventus player

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Shame he left or we hired ETH bit late. Wanted to see him playing in possession system.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Shame he left or we hired ETH bit late. Wanted to see him playing in possession system.
Agreed. I don’t think he’ll be that good at Juve, though. Allegri is awful and his horrible tactics hinder everyone there. I think he would’ve been better off playing under ten Hag.

Marcus

I think he is ex-United player I most dislike. Even more so than Ray (the Crab) Wilkins.

Getting sent off against Liverpool deliberately and getting "injured" so conveniently when the team is down is unacceptable.

Revaulx

Pogba isn't coming from the second division of the Portuguese league. He's a known quantity, especially for fans that of a club that have watched him for years. His qualities/deficiencies are the same.
They are, but he’s declined physically and become a lot more injury-prone, particularly in the last two or three years. Though I’m sure Juve fans are well aware of that.
The "main man" talk is redcafe talk that I choose not to indulge. People here have an obsession with "main man" and "build the team around" and are projecting this onto other clubs/fans.
Completely agree.

Revaulx

I think that ship has well and truly sailed. His ever increasing unavailability through injury makes it just not worth the bother.

But yes, I do think that his best spells at United have coincided with the times when the team as a whole has looked at its most organised.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He will smash in a few bangers and the world will shit on us on how we didn't use him properly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think that ship has well and truly sailed. His ever increasing unavailability through injury makes it just not worth the bother.

But yes, I do think that his best spells at United have coincided with the times when the team as a whole has looked at its most organised.
Yeah, he has become injury prone player. Every season he missed good number of games.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I imagine his gross salary will be lower than at United but his net salary will be higher?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
has any club ever been mugged off more than United were by Juventus over Pogba?
Pogba makes headlines because he was the world record fee transfer but he has at times been very good for us.

He will smash it back in Italy. He will have the time and space to pick his passes and do his tricks, in a few months time everybody will be claiming he's world class again. The years in England will have made him much better than he was first time around at Juve.

captaincantona

He will smash it back in Italy. He will have the time and space to pick his passes and do his tricks, in a few months time everybody will be claiming he's world class again. The years in England will have made him much better than he was first time around at Juve.
Same way Lukaku smashes it in Italy...and Tammy fuking Abraham - and entirely ordinary player if ever there was one. Same way Ronny still scored bucket loads and Dybala wasn’t found out. I could list 25 players off the top of my head that were suspect at top clubs but looked great in Italy. Means nothing. Pogba will get so much time on the ball he will be able to ask his Instagram followers who they want him to pass it to.

DickDastardly

He will smash in a few bangers and the world will shit on us on how we didn't use him properly.
He'll smash jack shit.

Getting injured in the first 10 games and spending the rest of the year in Dubai making instastories and creating content. Cnut.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think he is ex-United player I most dislike. Even more so than Ray (the Crab) Wilkins.

Getting sent off against Liverpool deliberately and getting "injured" so conveniently when the team is down is unacceptable.
Again with the conspiracy theories :lol: That injury made him miss games for France too you know.
I have never understood this need to invent stuff with Pogba when there is ample content to criticize him for in terms of football

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Same way Lukaku smashes it in Italy...and Tammy fuking Abraham - and entirely ordinary player if ever there was one. Same way Ronny still scored bucket loads and Dybala wasn’t found out. I could list 25 players off the top of my head that were suspect at top clubs but looked great in Italy. Means nothing. Pogba will get so much time on the ball he will be able to ask his Instagram followers who they want him to pass it to.
By all means, list them all

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
:lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yawn. Salah was just a Politano / El Shaarawy at Roma, your Bruno even less than a journeyman at mid club level, Bentancur and Kulusevski two donkeys at Juve, etc. Different leagues, different styles: headless chickens, lame ducks, mighty midgets, etc.

Suv666

Hopefully we stay away from influencers who play football as a side hustle

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Aw good luck Pogba. Been a pleasure watching you in an absolute sea of mediocrity. So sorry that you have been blamed.
Mediocrity is a perfect description of him.
One good game in ten and always out with a so called injury.

Stadjer

:lol:

Mate, get help.
What is so strange about that post?

Pogba was good during his earlier seasons and was the only player who could make a game worth watching at times. Before Bruno joined Pogba was supposed to do all creative stuff, do defending and score. Pogba actually managed to do all of that for a while even when during his Manchester United period he was surrounded by average midfielders like Fellaini, McT, Herrera and Matic who played like he was semi-retired already.

The last few years Pogba looked less athletic, a lot slower slower and had a lot more injury problems. However before that he was one of the few real quality Manchester United players that were fun to watch.

Revaulx

You’re obviously too young to have seen him in his first season (79/80) when we almost won the league thanks to him?

Cloud7

Juventuz doesn't seem to be awfully excited about this.
Pogba isn't the same player now that he was when he left Juventus. As much as I like him it's hard to argue against the fact that they are getting a worse version of the player that left him, who spends half the season injured these days.

The best that I have ever seen Pogba was in his Juventus 1.0 stint

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
What is so strange about that post?

Pogba was good during his earlier seasons and was the only player who could make a game worth watching at times. Before Bruno joined Pogba was supposed to do all creative stuff, do defending and score. Pogba actually managed to do all of that for a while even when during his Manchester United period he was surrounded by average midfielders like Fellaini, McT, Herrera and Matic who played like he was semi-retired already.

The last few years Pogba looked less athletic, a lot slower slower and had a lot more injury problems. However before that he was one of the few real quality Manchester United players that were fun to watch.
Let’s agree to disagree. He’s been one of the worst signings we’ve ever made. Overhyped, over marketed nonsense player. It’s telling the best offer he could get was (most likely) 50% of what he wanted at his former club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Why?
I didn't see him play but he seems to have served us well and by all means was a great player as well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His recent injury record isn’t great and a decline in performance has been the result. Not fussed on his antics either.

Marcus

Why?
I didn't see him play but he seems to have served us well and by all means was a great player as well.
I don't know. Just one of those irrational childhood things. It was seeing him not make the forward passes when the chance was on during the Big Ron era. Made my blood boil.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know. Just one of those irrational childhood things. It was seeing him not make the forward passes when the chance was on during the Big Ron era. Made my blood boil.
Fair enough, we all have some of those ironically notions in our children's.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

While I get some of the hate for Pogba, leaving twice for free leaves a bad taste etc….it’s the bits like this that are irrational.

That people honestly believe that Pogba deliberately got sent off? That was his intention. ‘Here Bruno….throw me a hospital ball, then I’ll lunge for it to get sent off.’ Spin that exact situation on its head and Bruno would be getting lauded for showing some fight that was lacking before he came on and Pogba would be getting slated for getting Bruno sent off with a ridiculously sloppy pass.

The club confirmed Pogbas injury, what it specifically was and the timeframe for recovery. So unless you think the club will make that up? Ragnick didn’t cover for anyone, so the idea that he would lie for Pogba yet call out Cavani?

The only thing that Pogba did, which you could say he shouldn’t have done, was to ask not to be part of the final game of the season. But the fans had turned on him with irrational hatred about things like this by that point.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope they have the precise midfield make up to get the best out of his talents.

Which are a bit of passing and occasionally galloping up the field with it .

I won't miss the other signature move of unnecessarily holding off 2 men in his own half, losing it and the opposition being spark through on goal.